PDA

View Full Version : It's time to trade Aaron Brooks...

noob cake
01-14-2010, 05:02 PM
Rockets needs to unload Aaron Brooks while his value is at an all time high. Package Brooks + TMac for Bosh + Toronto Crap.

1) Brooks can't pass the ball
2) He is not really point guard
3) He will cool down eventually

Lowry will deliver the Rockets a championship with Bosh and Yao next year.

iggypop123
01-14-2010, 05:03 PM
i understand you hate him but it actually makes sense for a bosh type of player

Muser
01-14-2010, 05:05 PM
Rockets needs to unload Aaron Brooks while his value is at an all time high. Package Brooks + TMac for Bosh + Toronto Crap.

lol

djohn2oo8
01-14-2010, 05:07 PM

Dumbass, he is only in his 3rd season, 1st full season of starting. He is only going to get better. I would rather them trade Scola because it would make no sense to have Bosh, Scola, AND Landry. I see that you are a Yao nuthugger, you need to realize that he cant play a full season

noob cake
01-14-2010, 05:44 PM
Dumbass, he is only in his 3rd season, 1st full season of starting. He is only going to get better. I would rather them trade Scola because it would make no sense to have Bosh, Scola, AND Landry. I see that you are a Yao nuthugger, you need to realize that he cant play a full season

Trade Scola too

Lowry/Some combo guard
Ariza/Some combo guard
Battier/Birdinger
Bosh/Landry
Yao/Hayes

I don't think you guys realize how good Lowry is.

djohn2oo8
01-14-2010, 05:47 PM
Yao can't play anymore!!! It won't happen!!!

Andrew Bynum
01-14-2010, 05:58 PM
Why in the fuck would Toronto want TMacs corpse and Brooks? That's just retarded and will never happen. Me for Bosh is way more realistic and that's a long shot.

monosylab1k
01-14-2010, 05:58 PM
Aaron Brooks is pretty nice, but I highly doubt he's going to get a whole lot better than he is right now. I think he's pretty much hit his ceiling.

Not that he still isn't a good player already.

Indazone
01-14-2010, 06:00 PM
This msg for noobcake.

http://www.grubbylittlewebman.co.uk/wp-content/gallery/funny-pictures/fat-people-fail.jpg

PGDynasty24
01-14-2010, 06:04 PM
I'll take brooks,that guy is a beast

jonnybravo
01-14-2010, 06:14 PM
Derek Fisher for Brooks?

Lars
01-14-2010, 10:41 PM
Yea lets pair a PG who cant shoot threes with 2 post up players...

what

noob cake
01-14-2010, 10:50 PM
Yea lets pair a PG who cant shoot threes with 2 post up players...

what

Kyle shoots fine; he has just low confidence because a SG guard named Brooks is a better shooter (naturally you would assume that a SHOOTING GUARD is a better shooter than a POINT GUARD)

Rafer leaves -> Brooks blossom
Brooks leaves -> Lowry takeover :king

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-14-2010, 10:53 PM
Lowry/Some combo guard
Ariza/Some combo guard
Battier/Birdinger
Bosh/Landry
Yao/Hayes

You really think that's a good team capable of ever being a contender?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-14-2010, 10:54 PM
:lmao Yaofan in denial about the fact Yao will ever be good again. Best case scenario is him becoming Ilgauskas and playing with screws and plates in his foot.

djohn2oo8
01-14-2010, 10:58 PM
:lmao Yaofan in denial about the fact Yao will ever be good again. Best case scenario is him becoming Ilgauskas and playing with screws and plates in his foot.

Thats what I keep telling this moron, Yao can't be relied upon or built around anymore. The team is learning to win without him, and it's time that his nuthugging, asslicking fans realized it

DAF86
01-14-2010, 10:59 PM
Why in the fuck would Toronto want TMacs corpse and Brooks? That's just retarded and will never happen. Me for Bosh is way more realistic and that's a long shot.

'Cause T-Mac is a expiring contract and who knows maybe he has something left and Broooks is a young (and cheap) player with all-star potential

rhyputa
01-14-2010, 11:02 PM

:lmao

tlongII
01-14-2010, 11:51 PM
Brooks > Lowry

Andrew Bynum
01-14-2010, 11:54 PM
'Cause T-Mac is a expiring contract and who knows maybe he has something left and Broooks is a young (and cheap) player with all-star potential

Trading an expiring for an expiring is dumb, especially since it's ShitMac. They already have an ass load of money invested in Calderon and Jack.

DAF86
01-14-2010, 11:58 PM
Trading an expiring for an expiring is dumb, especially since it's ShitMac. They already have an ass load of money invested in Calderon and Jack.

Bosh won't resign with the Raptors, with this trade Toronto would be at least securing a future borderline all-star in Brooks.

And Jack and Calderon are very interesting trade assets.

Andrew Bynum
01-15-2010, 12:07 AM
Bosh won't resign with the Raptors, with this trade Toronto would be at least securing a future borderline all-star in Brooks.

And Jack and Calderon are very interesting trade assets.

Exactly, he's an expiring, so don't trade him for another expiring and a midget two guard. Get a few good players back or one good player in a area you actually need. Like a true Center, Toronto here I come :hat

sook
01-15-2010, 12:10 AM

wow djohn, i have to say i am impressed I mistaked you for one of the minions like noob at some point. :toast

Many PackYao
01-15-2010, 12:55 AM
I also say Brooks > Lowry. I think Brooks has all-star potential because he has the athleticism and skills to do it. The Rockets would have a worse record if Lowry was the starting point guard. Lowry has his moments , but overall Brooks is the more talented of the two.

Darthkiller
01-15-2010, 01:11 AM
brooks for rubio

I_Speak_4_Dallas_Fan
01-15-2010, 01:12 AM
Brooks for Barea... do it!

Indazone
01-15-2010, 04:45 AM
Brooks has a career night and scores 43 points and you pick now to start a trade thread? :bang

Steve Jobs
01-15-2010, 09:13 AM
I heard Aaron Brooks and Monte Ellis are the same person.

DaDakota
01-15-2010, 09:22 AM
OMG, this has to be the dumbest idea in the history of the NBA for improving a team.

You don't trade an emerging star player like Brooks, you keep him.....maybe if your boy Lowry (whom I like too) could learn to shoot the ball he would develop into a starter some day.

But, Brooks IS a starter, and a borderline all star player......

Let's take a look at another 3rd year PG's stats and have a look:

Nash's career stats page (http://www.nba.com/playerfile/steve_nash/career_stats.html)

In Nash's 3rd year (First as a starter):

7.9ppg
.363 FG%
.374 3p%
5.5 apg
2.08 tpg
2.9 rpg
40 games started

Aaron Brooks stats page (http://www.nba.com/playerfile/aaron_brooks/career_stats.html)

In Brook's 3rd year (First as a starter):

18.9ppg
.434 FG%
.405 3pt %
4.9 apg
2.87 tpg
2.4 rpg
39 games started

Well what do you know? Brooks is actually progressing FASTER than Nash....when you compare equal games and equal times in their careers.

I hope all the Brooks doubters get to see this post and wake the heck up !

DD™

noob cake
01-15-2010, 09:36 AM
OMG, this has to be the dumbest idea in the history of the NBA for improving a team.

You don't trade an emerging star player like Brooks, you keep him.....maybe if your boy Lowry (whom I like too) could learn to shoot the ball he would develop into a starter some day.

Nash's career stats page (http://www.nba.com/playerfile/steve_nash/career_stats.html)

7.9ppg
.363 FG%
.374 3p%
5.5 apg
2.08 tpg
2.9 rpg
40 games started

Aaron Brooks stats page (http://www.nba.com/playerfile/aaron_brooks/career_stats.html)

18.9ppg
.434 FG%
.405 3pt %
4.9 apg
2.87 tpg
2.4 rpg
39 games started

Well what do you know? Brooks is actually progressing FASTER than Nash....when you compare equal games and equal times in their careers.

DD™

Did you seriously compared OUR Brooks to Steve Nash, the sweetest passing PG in all basketball? We all know Brooks can't pass worth jack shit.

noob cake
01-15-2010, 09:37 AM
Brooks has a career night and scores 43 points and you pick now to start a trade thread? :bang

You trade players when their value is at all time high, ala Donte Greene

GuerillaBlack
01-15-2010, 09:52 AM
Aaron Brooks is pretty nice, but I highly doubt he's going to get a whole lot better than he is right now. I think he's pretty much hit his ceiling.

Not that he still isn't a good player already.

I don't think so.

He can still improve on his assists. That will happen once Ariza and Hayes are out of the lineup. When Budinger took Ariza's spot in the starting lineup (Ariza was suspended), Brooks had ten assists that day, IIRC. Some better decision making late in games, too (he needs to start flopping like Devin Harris when he drives to the lane). He doesn't get any calls, yet. I'd trade Lowry over Brooks.

I. Hustle
01-15-2010, 09:55 AM

SSSHHHH what if someone from the raptors FO is reading this?!

DaDakota
01-15-2010, 10:57 AM
You trade players when their value is at all time high, ala Donte Greene

GOOD LORD......STRIKE 2.

Donte Greene is playing pretty well and his value is now HIGHER than it was when we traded him.

Any other great ideas Copernicus?

As for Brooks, his job is to SCORE the ball he has no one in the starting lineup outside of Scola to pass the ball too....

Battier, Ariza and Chuck all suck at offense......

DD

Double-Up
01-15-2010, 11:00 AM

7.9ppg
.363 FG%
.374 3p%
5.5 apg
2.08 tpg
2.9 rpg
40 games started

18.9ppg
.434 FG%
.405 3pt %
4.9 apg
2.87 tpg
2.4 rpg
39 games started

DD™

I don't think that's fair, Nash was a slow develping PG like most international players. The two are just completely different and you also didn't include minutes played.

ffadicted
01-15-2010, 12:15 PM
Brooks + Tmac for Bosh + Calderon... Toronto doesn't need Calderon anymore, they've been playing so much better without him and Jack in the lineup. I think both teams do it, cuz toronto is losing Bosh anyway.... although tbh, I wonder if McGrady would resign with the Raps after his contract expires (also, I think they'd want young big in return, but just roll with me here lol). Brooks would be a good addition to their team. Houston does it cuz they get a quality point guard back, and finally get rid of McGrady while adding a superstart to the team. Does that work financially, I'm too lazy to look it up in the trade machine lol

sook
01-15-2010, 02:05 PM
Did you seriously compared OUR Brooks to Steve Nash, the sweetest passing PG in all basketball? We all know Brooks can't pass worth jack shit.

LOL

who the hell does brooks have to pass to?

Hayes?

Ariza?

Battier?

I freaking love Kyle Lowry and his hustle, it is just off the charts but brooks is a GREAT passer, he was avging 8 assts for the first 3 wks until we couldn't muster any offense up, actually we still can't.

Someone has to score, sorry that he can't muster asst numbers playing next to 0 level offensive players but coach told him to step the scoring up, because that is our mindset and someone has to!

sook
01-15-2010, 02:08 PM
I can't understand the brooks hate.

Thank god it has gone down but I used to get flamed for calling him our future player last year when we finally traded rafer.

The same people were arguing and saying rafer was a true PG. They can't understand that basketball doesn't have "Set" positions in stone for players. You can have a combo guard and be great.

It was so annoying hearing brooks get hate because Yao can't catch a pass and do anything about being fronted. Lets blame brooks and hope he breaks his leg because after 5 years and 2 coaches its the same damn problem and still not Yao's own fault. Good riddance to him and mcgrady, we finally have brooks and Landry and some future all star hopefully we can build on.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-15-2010, 03:00 PM
Sook is gonna piss off Yaofan :lmao

"No, we can still build around him, he's such a nice guy!!!!"

babyfederer
01-15-2010, 08:14 PM

what have you got against brooks or are you just too in love with lowry? Bc Brooks is just now starting to show that he can actually be a good good player.