04-27-2005, 12:06 AM
freebird kicks it's ass

Summer of '69 is even better.

Cant_Be_Faded
04-27-2005, 12:25 AM
those songs are not techno wtf you might as well call enya techno

mouse
04-27-2005, 12:39 AM
Is that the music that was popular in the late 80's?

you have any X you want to sell?

what this topic needs is more...http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v285/drunksigpi/more_cowbell.gif

Cant_Be_Faded
04-27-2005, 01:15 AM
early 80s was new wave late 80s was dance wave early 90s was straight up dance late 90s was techno and after that ill now has just sucked

yes, more cowbell

JoeChalupa
04-27-2005, 07:19 AM
I never knew a "best" of techno music even existed.

johnny00
04-27-2005, 07:23 AM
Aren't they all just one big convoluted song.
Techno = Disco on 'roids

and it still sucks

Taco
04-27-2005, 08:22 AM
Tekno?!?!

MannyIsGod
04-27-2005, 08:41 AM
Keep Hope Alive - The Crystal Method
Elektrobank - Chemical Brothers

Those are 2 that come off the top of my head as ass kickers. I havne't listened to the old mixes I made, but I had some nice stuff on there.

Nikos
04-27-2005, 08:42 AM
Blue Monday (if you consider it that)

or

Insomnia by Faithless

honarable mention Busy Child by Crystal Method

Jimcs50
04-27-2005, 08:54 AM
Two of my favorites:

In your Eyes-Peter Gabriel

Wishing(If I had a photograph of You)-Flock of Seagulls

Awesome songs.

Also quite noteworthy:

I Ran by FOS too.

Relax- Frankie Goes to Hollywood

She sells Sanctuary-The Cult

Lovesong-The Cure

(my song to Shelly and SW) :)

Friday I'm in Love The Cure

I Melt with You- Modern English

Spurminator
04-27-2005, 08:58 AM
Diana Ross' "Love Child"

It's not techno, but I wanted to give it a shout out anyway because it's been in my head for 4 days.

MannyIsGod
04-27-2005, 09:13 AM
Insomnia by Faithless

Son Of BITCH!

How did I forget Insomnia?

Faithless is money, they still put out incredible music.

We come One by Faithless is an awesome song as well.

Jimcs50
04-27-2005, 09:18 AM
Diana Ross' "Love Child"

It's not techno, but I wanted to give it a shout out anyway because it's been in my head for 4 days.

Why, did you see Evander Hollifield somewhere?

T Park
04-27-2005, 11:19 AM
i know this will get a

""AWWW THAT SUCKS"

But the only techno song i know of is

Zombie Nation

Gotta say, its a hell of a song when the Spurs go into a timeout on like a 12-0 run

TIMMEEEEEE OUTTTTT NUGGEEETSSSS

(song plays)

Duff McCartney
04-27-2005, 11:48 AM
Mirwais - Disco Science

N.Y. Johnny
04-27-2005, 11:50 AM
anything by Paul Oakenfold

MannyIsGod
04-27-2005, 11:52 AM
Over fucking rated.

Gatita
04-27-2005, 01:00 PM
Anything by Alice Deejay or Prodigy

GoldToe
04-27-2005, 07:07 PM
Over fucking rated.

Isn't all techno music?

04-27-2005, 07:28 PM
Maggots - Skinny Puppy

Mr Dio
04-27-2005, 08:46 PM
Ron E Martini, DJ Dan(the SoCal original), Doc Martin, etc...

The following a a small sample of some good oldies.

Rockin' Down the House - M17
Charly - Prodigy
Dominator - Human Resource

Many things by 808 State, Joey Beltram, Aphex Twin, etc...

ZStomp
04-27-2005, 10:32 PM
Does 'the best techno song ever' really exist?

:lol

Cant_Be_Faded
04-27-2005, 10:45 PM
Blue Monday (if you consider it that)

or

Insomnia by Faithless

honarable mention Busy Child by Crystal Method

actually that song came out early 80s, hence it falls under New Wave, but it definatly was a precursor to techno and without a doubt that song is BAD ASS (New Order is the shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit)

You guys haven't mentioned "Pure Energy" by Information Society Which falls on the border of New Wave and Dance Wave but isnt exactly techno

but this is great, keep coming up with more guys

N.Y. Johnny
04-27-2005, 10:50 PM
Does 'the best techno song ever' really exist?

:lol

Probably no such thing :lol I dig some not alot of it, but lookin at your Avatar and being a big fuckin Elvis Fan like yourself,
one bad ass Techno'd up remix of a Elvis song was that ong "A Little Less Conversation"
i love that song the way it got mixed up, pretty cool. :elephant

Spurs košarka kultura
04-27-2005, 10:51 PM
First off I believe you mean electronica, techno was an invention of the 80's and is long gone. As for my favorite electronica:

Nyana Disc 2/ Tiesto
Muted/ Alias ( This is border-lined with ambient, anyone heard of Sole? )
Seb Fontaine Disc 1/ Perfecto
Autechre
Aphex Twin
TNT / Tortoise ( May be considered more too instrumental to count )
Christopher Lawrence
and I'm sure there are others I have overlooked.............

Cant_Be_Faded
04-27-2005, 11:00 PM
First off I believe you mean electronica, techno was an invention of the 80's and is long gone. As for my favorite electronica:

Nyana Disc 2/ Tiesto
Muted/ Alias ( This is border-lined with ambient, anyone heard of Sole? )
Seb Fontaine Disc 1/ Perfecto
Autechre
Aphex Twin
TNT / Tortoise ( May be considered more too instrumental to count )
Christopher Lawrence
and I'm sure there are others I have overlooked.............

No i meant Techno. Name me one mid 80's techno song. Late 80s doesnt count cuz the genre's merge.
Techno is a subset of Electronica. But noone mentioned any real techno in this thread (orbital is techno..) so anything electronica is great, keep it coming.

Aphex twin is the shit as well, i have both Selected Ambient Works, and Druqks. Druqks is really bad ass, especially disk 2.

If we're talking songs, check out "Schottkey 2nd Path" on Selected Ambient Works 85-92

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-27-2005, 11:17 PM
Faithless - Insomnia

Orbital - Halcyon (the 10 minute one)

Prodigy - Narayanah (or something like that)

Ocean Lab - Clear Blue Water

Ian Van Dahl - Castles in the Sky

There's one that's 3-4 years old now that's by some Euro DJ and has Sarah MacLaclan singing on it that's bad ass as well.

DJ Tiesto's got some good stuff out there too, as does DJ Dawn (if you're looking for mixes).

Drachen
04-28-2005, 12:59 AM
this is such an easy question for me. while I agree Hacylon on and on is one of the greats, just listen to O.B.E. by Rabbit in the moon. I could actually feel it touching my soul every time I heard it. (not drug induced)

Drachen
04-28-2005, 01:01 AM

Anything NOT by Paul Oakenfold

other notable artists
Juno Reactor, Talvin Singh, and Infected Mushroom (listen to Bust a Move by the last artist, scary how cool it is)

Drachen
04-28-2005, 01:16 AM
actually that song came out early 80s, hence it falls under New Wave, but it definatly was a precursor to techno and without a doubt that song is BAD ASS (New Order is the shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit)

You guys haven't mentioned "Pure Energy" by Information Society Which falls on the border of New Wave and Dance Wave but isnt exactly techno

but this is great, keep coming up with more guys

Love pure energy!!

"I wanna know what your thinkin there are some things you cant hide, I wanna know what your feelin, tell me whats on your mind (dun tsh dun tsh dun dun tsh dun dun) Pure energy"

Cant_Be_Faded
04-28-2005, 01:19 AM
that song was on American Psycho soundtrack

Drachen
04-28-2005, 01:20 AM
great movie! great soundtrack!

has anyone ever heard OBE??

R.I.T.M. is the most original electronic group in the world, with the release of their 12" singles, remix work, and exploration in live performance, R.I.T.M. have established an enormous fan base that continues to grow. A band that exists on many levels, they are enjoying there tenth year of attacking your senses and emotions.The Music
Most people's first exposure to Rabbit was their song called out-of- body experience. It was released in 93, and is still to this day played in clubs around the world, when most other artist’s tracks are left for dead after 2 weeks. In a 2003 issue of Muzik magazine, O.B.E. was listed as the number one most sought after record in the last decade. After the release of phases of an out of body experience (remixes of O.B.E.) on Hardkiss Recordings '94 the demand for R.I.T.M. became enormous. They began collaborating and doing remix work for everyone from Goldie, Sarah McLachlan, BT, and Garbage, to The Smashing Pumpkins, Sven Vath, Stone Roses, and Eric Clapton. Their style of electronic music is timeless, but to truly understand this group is to see and hear them live.
Rabbit in the Moon's live experience has the power to evoke emotion at will. With a mix of performance art, live video projections, and original music. R.I.T.M. create a powerful connection with their audience. In the Readers Poll Awards 1997 URB MAGAZINE, R.I.T.M. was voted the #1 live performance act in the country. They have been called the Grateful Dead & Pink Floyd of electronic music. Wherever they perform, new believers are born. For many, the show is a religious experience, lives are changed. All this from a band that has never had to grace the screens of music television for an audience. They've been on a grass roots journey, making believers one show at a time. And from New York to Tokyo all the fans with Rabbit in the Moon tattoos see and understand that. They tell the story. This isn't a now thing, it's a forever thing..

Cant_Be_Faded
04-28-2005, 01:22 AM
if i still had an mp3 donwloading program i'd check out the songs u mentioned

but i'll try to check out infected mushroom

Drachen
04-28-2005, 01:27 AM
go to the rabbitinthemoon.com and go to downloads, music, then out of body experience.... (free download of the whole song, I recommend turning the lights off and just listening to the music, no typing or anything) as far as the mushroom, if you like goa trance you will like bust a move.

Drachen
04-28-2005, 01:56 AM
By the way RITM also has the best stage show I have ever seen.

Drachen
04-28-2005, 02:26 AM
Listen to Beyond the Infinite if you are looking at Juno reactor

Mr Dio
04-28-2005, 08:31 AM
Listening to the MP3 I wondered, how could I forget Praga Khan (then later Lords of Acid)? Have to go to work but will address the issue of late 80s not being techno. Anyone remember Derick (sp) "May Day" May or Kevin Saunderson? They spun tunes that were a bit house-like but in the late 80s undergrounds(called this before they were raves) were all over NYC & Chi. The faster stuff, techno(140bpm +) was springing up & in LA by then. In '89 Melrose was totally happening w/the record shops playing the faster techno variety of (rave) music.

Spurs košarka kultura
04-28-2005, 03:39 PM
Juno Reactor
How in world did I forget them!?!?

Drachen
04-28-2005, 11:56 PM
yeah, they are one of the best around. you can really tell what kind of techno I am into by looking at my list, but I also like Icey, Keoki (unless its live), uberzone (especially with Africa Bambatta (sp?)). Its just that the others I mentioned are my favs

Drachen
04-29-2005, 02:50 AM
almost forgot underworld, pretty much everything but born slippy (I like the song, just nowhere near as much as I like everything else)

Kori Ellis
04-29-2005, 03:29 AM
I haven't even read one post in this thread, but I just wanted to drop by and say Techno Sucks.

Thank you.

:)

timvp
04-29-2005, 03:31 AM
^^^^^

Listening to Fatboy Slim as she types that. Isn't that techno?

Mr Dio
04-29-2005, 07:15 AM
I think if you listen to Fatboy Slim you'd like some techno music. I don't know if I'd call Fatboy Slim techno but it is a good type of music. What remix the Prodigy did of the Slim Pickens & Whitney Houston duet that hit the top 100 a few yrs back?

NeoConIV
04-29-2005, 07:50 AM
Too too many to name one. But if I had to choose:

Are we here? - Orbital

NeoConIV
04-29-2005, 07:57 AM
I haven't even read one post in this thread, but I just wanted to drop by and say Techno Sucks.

Thank you.

:)
Somebody get Kori a Gin and Juice and crank up 'Windowlicker' from Aphex Twin...she'll think twice about techno... :spin