PDA

View Full Version : Oden's return this season?

tlongII
01-15-2010, 10:14 AM
http://www.portlandtribune.com/sports/story.php?story_id=126348650228171100

Portland center Greg Oden is targeting a return to action this season.

“I’m actually hoping, and saying my prayers, that I can come back before the end of this season,” says Oden, who underwent surgery on Dec. 7 to repair a fractured left patella.

What do the Blazers’ medical experts, including team doctor Don Roberts and trainer Jay Jensen, have to say about that? “They haven’t dismissed the idea,” Oden says.

General Manager Kevin Pritchard confirms Oden’s version.

“It’s possible, but you know, we’ll play this by ear, and we’ll be very cautious,” Pritchard says. “We’re not going to push. We’ll let it happen naturally and follow what the doctor orders.”

Oden’s knee is braced to keep him from bending it. He has just moved from walking with crutches to using a cane.

“It’s not too sturdy,” he says. “I’m trying to find like a walking stick. That’ll be good.”

Medical experts told Oden it would take six weeks for the fracture to heal.

“We’re into the fifth week,” he says. “Another week and I can get back into the weight room.”

Pritchard says when Oden reaches that point, he can also begin water workouts. Sometime in the following two to four weeks, Pritchard says, the 7-footer should be able to begin light running and gradually increase his workout regimen.

So what are the chances that Oden will be back before the end of the season?

“I’m not ready to say that,” Pritchard says. “We’re taking it step by step. He has to hit certain milestones in his recovery. We’ll monitor his progress.

“Dr. Roberts is one of the best knee guys in the country. We believe what he says. We’re hopeful, but we’ll be in no rush to get Greg back on the court.”

tlongII
01-15-2010, 10:15 AM
The perfect scenario would be for us to fall to the 8th seed, get Greg back, and then match up with the Lakers in the 1st round. Perfect. :smokin

scanry
01-15-2010, 10:24 AM
The perfect scenario would be for us to fall to the 8th seed, get Greg back, and then match up with the Lakers in the 1st round. Perfect. :smokin

They'll sweep your asses fool...

Stop having wet fantasies you usually have when you see Oden.

Stump
01-15-2010, 10:26 AM
tlongII, you sometimes wear me out with your endless trailblazer and beaver cheerleading, but I'd love to see Oden come back from this injury and have a great NBA career. We have too many douchebag stars like Shaq, Lebron, and Arenas and not enough good guys like Oden.

If he is never able to really find his place in the NBA, it's not just a loss to the blazers; it's a loss to the entire league.

admiralsnackbar
01-15-2010, 10:26 AM

By perfect do you mean it would allow Oden to blow up another piece of his anatomy just in time for the summer?

I. Hustle
01-15-2010, 10:30 AM
http://image.spreadshirt.com/image-server/image/composition/3690450/view/1/producttypecolor/77/type/png/width/280/height/280

Daddy_Of_All_Trolls
01-15-2010, 10:30 AM
By perfect do you mean it would allow Oden to blow up another piece of his anatomy just in time for the summer?

Yeah, I was thinking the same, that would be sad. He should just focus on his rehabilitation and if he's able to come back, take satisfaction that he could and continue to prepare for next year.

SamoanTD
01-15-2010, 10:33 AM
the perfect scenario for the LAKE SHOW that idea has 1st round knockout written all over it. lol

iggypop123
01-15-2010, 12:40 PM
why would you rush a crippled guy back. take all the time in the world idiot

TheManFromAcme
01-15-2010, 12:45 PM
http://image.spreadshirt.com/image-server/image/composition/3690450/view/1/producttypecolor/77/type/png/width/280/height/280

Hope Oden recovers quickly but this ^ is still funny. :lol

pauls931
01-15-2010, 01:39 PM
I'd prefer for him to wait for next season. Players coming back at the end of the season are out of shape, out of sync, and more likely to reinjure themselves.

Ed Lover
01-15-2010, 02:09 PM

c'mon son!! getdafuckouttaherewitdatboolshit