PDA

View Full Version : rookie - sophs all-star game

spectator
01-15-2010, 02:15 PM
does anyone know when the teams will be announced? i hope blair makes the starting 5 either at PF or C. from what i've seen, there are about 4 guys with similar stats that can make the rookie team:

1. T. Gibson (CHI)
PPG RPG BPG
8.6 6.2 0.9

2. J. Jerebko (DET)
PPG RPG BPG
8.5 5.3 0.3

3. T. Hansbrough (IND)
PPG RPG BPG
8.8 5.1 0.3

and our guy

4. D. Blair
PPG RPG BPG
7.1 5.8 0.6

I hope Blair starts the game for the rooks, as he has comparable stats with the others, but plays the least out of all those guys; has the best FG%, best PER and best ReboundRate according to Hollinger. (out of those 4)

5in10
01-15-2010, 02:31 PM
either way I bet he gets more playing time than any of them when their coach sees how productive blair is.

the crimson blur
01-15-2010, 02:33 PM
I'm pretty sure Blair is a lock for the game after his 28-21 last game. Its only a question of whether he will be a starter or not, and I think he will be.

spectator
01-15-2010, 02:41 PM
here is a bit more to put it in perspective (again out of those 4):
- best rebounds per minute
- best blocks per minute
- he is not the best at points per minute (2nd; Hansbrough beats him); however, please note the following: Blair is shooting at .571 from the field; Hansbrough shoots at .359!!! are you kidding me?!

if i were a coach, i would definitely start Blair (not to mention that our record is better than the other teams' records)

5in10
01-15-2010, 02:46 PM
Does gh3 make the sophomore team?

Stump
01-15-2010, 03:02 PM
I'm not sure how many guards they like to put on the team, but with Rose and Westbrook ahead of him at PG and Gorden and Mayo ahead of him at SG, I seriously doubt it.

the crimson blur
01-15-2010, 03:03 PM

Most likely not. :(

spectator
01-15-2010, 03:03 PM

he was just ranked 5th on the sophomore "small guys" list by david thorpe. i hope he does, but i would say it is unlikely.

ffadicted
01-15-2010, 03:17 PM
If Blair doesn't make starting I'll be disapointed, but if he doesn't make the team I will boycott the game. It would be ridiculous if he didn't

blkroadrunners
01-15-2010, 03:30 PM
I doubt GHill will make R/S game, especially if there's a 9 man roster. Here are the players whom are locks:

Derrick Rose
Russell Westbrook
OJ Mayo
Eric Gordon
Kevin Love
Brook Lopez
Michael Beasley
Danilo Gallinari
Jason Thompson

That's some pretty good competition and players like Mareese Speights, Courtney Lee, CDR, Mario Chalmers, and a few others weren't mentioned. At least GHill on a team w/ a better record than all of the other players, but usually the R/S game doesn't really look at that.

AussieFanKurt
01-15-2010, 06:02 PM
sophs team will be damn good

Mel_13
01-15-2010, 06:18 PM
I doubt GHill will make R/S game, especially if there's a 9 man roster. Here are the players whom are locks:

Derrick Rose
Russell Westbrook
OJ Mayo
Eric Gordon
Kevin Love
Brook Lopez
Michael Beasley
Danilo Gallinari
Jason Thompson

That's some pretty good competition and players like Mareese Speights, Courtney Lee, CDR, Mario Chalmers, and a few others weren't mentioned. At least GHill on a team w/ a better record than all of the other players, but usually the R/S game doesn't really look at that.

At least one of Gallinari/Thompson will not make the soph team. You left out Marc Gasol.