PDA

View Full Version : A Basketball Bet That Would Make An Honest Man Out Of You

F_U_Buddy
01-15-2010, 09:02 PM
Spurs First Team vs Lakers First Team
Here’s the bet -- If 50 years of gauranteed money and pussy were on the line which team would you pick. Let’s examine these wicked line-ups:

SG - GEORGE GERVIN VS. KOBE BRYANT
PG - TONY PARKER VS. MAGIC JOHNSON
SF - BRUCE BOWEN VS. ELGIN BAYLOR
PF - TIM DUNCAN VS. WILT CHAMBERLAIN
C - DAVID ROBINSON VS. KAREEM ABDUL-JABBAR

While the Spurs first team would be great in an alternate universe no way I’m missing out on all that cash and ass…The Lakers win every match up on this first team decisively in my opinion. The TWIN TOWERS line-up on each side of the ball would be a delight to watch.

Spurs Second Team: vs Lakers Second Team

( This Spur 2nd unit vs the Laker all time 2nd would be interesting for a quarter then the Lakers pull away)

SG - MANU GINOBILI VS. GAIL GOODRICH
PG - ALVIN ROBERTSON VS. JERRY WEST
SF - MIKE MITCHELL VS. JAMES WORTHY
PF - LARRY KENON VS. PAU GASOL
C - BILLY PAULTZ VS. SHAQUILLE ONEAL

Jerry West and Pau Gasol on the same court is almost like a wet dream, and Shaq would just shit all over the Spur second unit. These 1st and 2nd Laker units would work well against any team combinations imaginable and any extra Laker players outside of this could be anyone in the world because they would probably never see the court anyway. These Lakers units are just nasty with it’s Power, Speed and Versatility.

Coaches: Gregg Popovich and Bob Hill vs Pat Riley and Phil Jackson

Darthkiller
01-15-2010, 09:11 PM
where is Dejuan Blair

I_Speak_4_Dallas_Fan
01-15-2010, 09:13 PM
lol @ bowen

F_U_Buddy
01-15-2010, 09:16 PM
where is Dejuan Blair

Hmmm....I doubt Sour fan would want him on their All-Time team...I don't think he's that good...That's an exclusive team. But it does speak volumes about the quality of the Spur players throughout their history.

Shastafarian
01-15-2010, 09:17 PM
Hmmm....I doubt Sour fan would want him on their All-Time team...I don't think he's that good...That's an exclusive team. But it does speak volumes about the quality of the Spur players throughout their history.

Why are you so obsessed with the Spurs?

spursncowboys
01-15-2010, 09:20 PM
I also don't see Dwayne Schintzius. WTF???

spursncowboys
01-15-2010, 09:21 PM
I don't think you or the op know much about the best players of the spurs.

F_U_Buddy
01-15-2010, 09:23 PM
Why are you so obsessed with the Spurs?

I'm simply trying to establish context and I want the Spur fans to recognize. The reign is ova...they may never see the light of a title again unless of course they pull another tank job and speaking of tanking I will make a deal with all Spur fans. If you stop talking about Gasol being gifted to L.A I will stop talking about something much more sinister it's called TANKING....

Shastafarian
01-15-2010, 09:27 PM
I'm simply trying to establish context and I want the Spur fans to recognize. We do recognize you're insecure. No need to keep starting threads to cement it.

The reign is ova...they may never see the light of a title again unless of course they pull another tank job and speaking of tanking I will make a deal with all Spur fans.NEVER IN THE HISTORY OF BASKETBALL WILL THE SPURS WIN ANYTHING EVER AGAIN!!!! This guy proclaims it. It must be true.

If you stop talking about Gasol being gifted to L.A I will stop talking about something much more sinister it's called TANKING....:lol Are you a fucking child? Are we hurting your feelings? This is gold.

http://www.babble.com/CS/blogs/strollerderby/2008/11/16-22/baby-crying%20jpg.jpg
Stop talking about the Gasol trade or I'm gonna TELL ON YOU!!!

:rollin:rollin:rollin

F_U_Buddy
01-15-2010, 09:33 PM
We do recognize you're insecure. No need to keep starting threads to cement it.
NEVER IN THE HISTORY OF BASKETBALL WILL THE SPURS WIN ANYTHING EVER AGAIN!!!! This guy proclaims it. It must be true.
:lol Are you a fucking child? Are we hurting your feelings? This is gold.

http://www.babble.com/CS/blogs/strollerderby/2008/11/16-22/baby-crying%20jpg.jpg
Stop talking about the Gasol trade or I'm gonna TELL ON YOU!!!

:rollin:rollin:rollin

stop being so emotional and just enjoy the post...ponder the line-ups and focus less on me. I'm talking basketball and you're wearing your heart on your arm please visit www. getoffmydick .com

Shastafarian
01-15-2010, 09:36 PM
stop being so emotional and just enjoy the post...Enjoy the post? Are you for real?

ponder the line-ups and focus less on me.Ponder this insanely arbitrary basketball hypothetical in which you pick players that although they at one time played for the Lakers, could be argued didn't play for the Lakers in their prime? That kind of pondering?

I'm talking basketball and you're wearing your heart on your arm please visit www. getoffmydick .com
You're not talking basketball. You're talking hypothetical situations that have no relevance to anything. You're an insecure troll.

F_U_Buddy
01-15-2010, 09:42 PM
Enjoy the post? Are you for real?
Ponder this insanely arbitrary basketball hypothetical in which you pick players that although they at one time played for the Lakers, could be argued didn't play for the Lakers in their prime? That kind of pondering?

You're not talking basketball. You're talking hypothetical situations that have no relevance to anything. You're an insecure troll.

ok...but you didn't pointedly address the www. getoffmydick .com part...

you seem agitated... are you a one of those angry southern Sarah Palin, tea party freaks or maybe you got a small dick...I don't know and I don't care but don't take it out on me dude...we're all here to talk basketball, fantasy, and the reality of the Lakers kicking ass...welcome to the party...

midnightpulp
01-15-2010, 09:42 PM

So you're saying the Spurs history is a rich one with many great players?

Thanks for the compliment. Didn't think moron Laker fan had it in him.

Shastafarian
01-15-2010, 09:47 PM
ok...but you didn't pointedly address the www. getoffmydick .com part...What's with the spaces? You think someone's gonna think that's a real website? :lol

you seem agitated... are you a one of those angry southern Sarah Palin, tea party freaks or maybe you got a small dick...You sure do have a fascination with other men and dicks...

I don't know and I don't care but don't take it out on me dude...we're all here to talk basketball, fantasy, and the reality of the Lakers kicking ass...Like they did last week? Or in 2008...
I'm glad you admit you're an insecure troll though. That's the first step.

welcome to the party...
Says the Lakerfan posting at Spurstalk.com. :toast

F_U_Buddy
01-15-2010, 09:47 PM
So you're saying the Spurs history is a rich one with many great players?

Thanks for the compliment. Didn't think moron Laker fan had it in him.

actually I was trying to say that the quality is so bad that I was forced to include Bowen...but I did take the time to check on the Spurs all time best players...and really outside of Gervin, historically they haven't had the best of players...so maybe it was unfair for me to compare the rich traditions of the team with 3000 wins...I apologize.

Shastafarian
01-15-2010, 09:51 PM
actually I was trying to say that the quality is so bad that I was forced to include Bowen...but I did take the time to check on the Spurs all time best players...and really outside of Gervin, historically they haven't had the best of players...so maybe it was unfair for me to compare the rich traditions of the team with 3000 wins...I apologize.

And how old are you? How many of those players did you actually see play? I'm guessing you're not old enough to have seen Magic play.

F_U_Buddy
01-15-2010, 09:53 PM
What's with the spaces? You think someone's gonna think that's a real website? :lol

You sure do have a fascination with other men and dicks...
Like they did last week? Or in 2008...
I'm glad you admit you're an insecure troll though. That's the first step.

Says the Lakerfan posting at Spurstalk.com. :toast

I get it now...you hurt the Spurs lost tonight was Duncan resting again? Let's try to be friends I see you have passion no need to hate on F U Buddy because personally he's doing pretty dam good...and having a jolly ole mutha fucking time going back and forth...with people he might otherwise look down on in person...:toast

Shastafarian
01-15-2010, 09:56 PM
Now he talks in the third person. I am starting to like this troll. He kinda talks like Cully.

midnightpulp
01-15-2010, 09:58 PM

No, you're just a fairweather idiot who has no understanding of the history of the game.

But if we accept your opinion of the Spurs having a dearth of great players throughout their history, then their 2000+ wins (in 20 less years than the Lakers), 589 win pct, 37 years making the playoffs, 17 division titles, and 4 ships is even more impressive. Again, thanks for the compliment. It's a testament to the genius of the Spurs organization to maintain that kind of success when the talent pool is that shallow. It's not like they're just gifted players or anything.

We Spurs fans apologize that our franchise hasn't been around since the turn of the 20th century.

I think that decrepit ghoul you call an owner was baptized wearing a Lakers jersey.

F_U_Buddy
01-15-2010, 09:58 PM
And how old are you? How many of those players did you actually see play? I'm guessing you're not old enough to have seen Magic play.

well in full disclosure I've never paid to watch a Spur play...but I've seen Magic, Jabbar, Kobe, Worthy, and Gasol play in person...the other players...I had to raid my fathers wine cellar to find the old tapes in a dusty old box...

F_U_Buddy
01-15-2010, 10:04 PM
No, you're just a fairweather idiot who has no understanding of the history of the game.

But if we accept your opinion of the Spurs having a dearth of great players throughout their history, then their 2000+ wins (in 20 less years than the Lakers), 589 win pct, 37 years making the playoffs, 17 division titles, and 4 ships is even more impressive. Again, thanks for the compliment. It's a testament to the genius of the Spurs organization to maintain that kind of success when the talent pool is that shallow. It's not like they're just gifted players or anything.

We Spurs fans apologize that our franchise hasn't been around since the turn of the 20th century.

I think that decrepit ghoul you call an owner was baptized wearing a Lakers jersey.

midnight pulp I like the name...you're a funny dude...but you see the problem with TANKING is that you can only TANK once in a lifetime so when the gig is up the fucking gig is up...and when the gig is up that fat bitch sings a horrible sound...Spurs RIP...

Shastafarian
01-15-2010, 10:04 PM
I just love how laker fans talk shit on a spurs messageboard after a thorough trouncing at the hands of the very subject of their shit talking. Gotta bring up the past though as 105-85 is still ringin in their ears.

Shastafarian
01-15-2010, 10:05 PM
midnight pulp I like the name...you're a funny dude...but you see the problem with TANKING is that you can only TANK once in a lifetime so when the gig is up the fucking gig is up...and when the gig is up that fat bitch sings a horrible sound...Spurs RIP...

Spurs did it twice in a lifetime. Why mince words Cully?

Shastafarian
01-15-2010, 10:07 PM
well in full disclosure I've never paid to watch a Spur play...but I've seen Magic, Jabbar, Kobe, Worthy, and Gasol play in person...the other players...I had to raid my fathers wine cellar to find the old tapes in a dusty old box...
So you're at least 30 years old and you find it thrilling to troll an opposing team's internet forum. Cool story :tu

Shastafarian
01-15-2010, 10:10 PM
Did you support the Spurs during the first 30 years that they constantly got shitted on?

:lmao

midnightpulp
01-15-2010, 10:15 PM

They did a great job of tanking seeing as two teams had a better shot at Duncan than they did.

But since you're a post 2000 Lakers fan with no sense of history, I'm sure you would've rather seen Duncan go to the Celts. If that had happened, Duncan in that market and all the money they would have thrown around, your arch nemesis would have further raped the Purple 'n Piss in the all-time Finals count, probably something like 21-10*.

(*Titles won in Minneapolis and before electricity was discovered don't count)

F_U_Buddy
01-15-2010, 10:16 PM
Buddy, you give the Spurs teams way too much credit. I'd take my 80's Lakers over that first team from the Spurs. No need to dig up all of the other greats we have. In fact, its an insult to the Lakers legacy to compare to the two franchises. Most of these fans you see here learned about the NBA when Duncan arrived, and most of them will fade away after this year. They have not the fortitude to sit through another Laker dynasty. You have to understand that it sucks to be them, which is why they come up with the wildest shit to bring you down to their level of lowlyness.

you right...that resurrection of Laker greats to compare against the Spurs "elite" was dam near blasphemy...but I didn't think about it from that point of view...these Spur fans probably don't even know about the whole Sean E. ordeal...or how Popovich decided to start coaching after the infamous TANK JOB so he could get the Duncan glory...I can see these as fans who simply went to a River Walk Block Party because they got tired of seaworld...Instead of indulging in the historical bball fantasy they spend their time attacking me.

Shastafarian
01-15-2010, 10:17 PM
you right...that resurrection of Laker greats to compare against the Spurs "elite" was dam near blasphemy...but I didn't think about it from that point of view...these Spur fans probably don't even know about the whole Sean Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Lu ck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_ ordeal...or how Popovich decided to start coaching after the infamous TANK JOB so he could get the Duncan glory...I can see these as fans who simply went to a River Walk Block Party because they got tired of seaworld...Instead of indulging in the historical bball fantasy they spend their time attacking me.

Never gets old.

Shastafarian
01-15-2010, 10:21 PM
We don't have to go back that far. We dominated you during a decade when you had the best two players of the history of your franchise.
Whatever helps you sleep at night. I enjoy forgetting years as well. Like just the other day I was all, "Ya know, back in 2004 the Lakers beat the Spurs. But it was on a pretty questionable play. I think I'll forget that year." It's the same thing you guys do with 2003.

F_U_Buddy
01-15-2010, 10:23 PM
We don't have to go back that far. We dominated you during a decade when you had the best two players of the history of your franchise.

lakaluva one of the gay ass editors...keep interfering with my posts...hating ass losers...

Man In Black
01-15-2010, 10:28 PM
Here’s the bet -- If 50 years of gauranteed money and pussy were on the line which team would you pick. Let’s examine these wicked line-ups:

Guaranteed is spelled wrong, but I digress. And if you had game like MIB, then pussy wouldn't be an issue.

PF - TIM DUNCAN VS. WILT CHAMBERLAIN

Why use Bowen here? Why not use Larry Kenon?
Conditionally speaking, he'd match-up better on the 1st team because he had both the athleticism and power to keep up with Baylor, Johnson, or Bryant and at 6'9 with long arms, he'd be much more formidable.

While the Spurs first team would be great in an alternate universe no way I’m missing out on all that cash and ass…The Lakers win every match up on this first team decisively in my opinion. The TWIN TOWERS line-up on each side of the ball would be a delight to watch.

Aren't you already missing out on cash and ass...except for that dog above.

See the issue here is that there is only 1 basketball and 5 different egos. Who defers here? Not Bryant, legends or not he wants all the pub. Magic is a great passer but a sucky defender, you know that right? And what about cross match-ups? Elgin & Wilt both prefer the low block so how do you play that game with this team. You didn't specify playsets nor did you specify game pace nor did you establish rules like hand-check vs no hand check or zone defense or no blood-no foul rules. Weak.

Ask yourself, if you know anything about basketball history, has there ever been a team so stocked with stars, that has ever won the Finals?
If you know this game like I do, you know the answer.

3 super-stars in their prime is the max where it's happend. If a team has 4, the only way it works is if one is humble enough to come off the bench.

Basketball is a team sport in which roles need to be defined. What you've proposed here is a fuckin' PS3 Matchup in arcade mode. Fantasy not reality. But I take it, that's how you live.

( This Spur 2nd unit vs the Laker all time 2nd would be interesting for a quarter then the Lakers pull away)

Jerry West and Pau Gasol on the same court is almost like a wet dream, and Shaq would just shit all over the Spur second unit. These 1st and 2nd Laker units would work well against any team combinations imaginable and any extra Laker players outside of this could be anyone in the world because they would probably never see the court anyway. These Lakers units are just nasty with it’s Power, Speed and Versatility.

[/quote]

Bowen would play here and he'd play havoc on the short back court. Couple Alvin Robertson here and now you have two hatchet men who would kill that primary ball handler and the double-downs would be unreal. Those guards would have a hard time getting to the post.

Fuck Gail Goodrich. While he was on the 71 team that finally broke through after getting their asses kicked time & again by the Celtics, him being 6'1 & 175 wet made him easy to brutalize. Bowen, Robertson, & Ginobili would make this match-up physical. Worthy needs a pure passer to get those breakaway dunks he's known for. In this team, it would be like he was playing with Sedale Threatt not Magic. And that version of Worthy was little game and probably a contributing reason for his elevator/prostitute issue.
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/09/30/48hours/main575919.shtml

Why Bob Hill? Fuck Bob Hill. I'm thinking that if we wanted a real indication of Spurs Coaches, it'd be easy to go with Doug Moe.

Ok...that's better. Cash is something we're all working for...but Pussy, some of us have a gift and mine comes with 32 DDD. :D

In the word's of a fake Bruce-Lee in the cheesy finishing of Game Of Death,"You lose Carl Miller!"
0opbJULocpw

midnightpulp
01-15-2010, 10:29 PM

Since when is 4-3 domination? Domination is like what the Celts have done to you guys.

The Lakers have more of an edge.

Shastafarian
01-15-2010, 10:31 PM
Nice post MIB. You did leave out how Jerry West wasn't a PG though. Still A+ quality.

midnightpulp
01-15-2010, 10:34 PM
Or no, it's actually 3-3 when they had the two best players during a decade.

My mistake. Guess I'm making a few tonight. Sometimes I get lazy and don't google :)

Shastafarian
01-15-2010, 10:39 PM
I'm going to share something with you about winning.Because you were on the Laker teams? I hope it's a good secret! *bites nails*

I know you are new to this concept and will probably never truly understand, but your 2003 title came from us being bored with winning so easily.What an excellent excuse! "Ya see, we were tired of being awesome. Instead of winning a 4th title in a row we thought we'd let other teams beat us."

This happens to all the great teams, of which Duncan has never played on by the way.Ahh trolling. It's like a science to laker fans since it's all they have beyond jerking off to Kobe's face.

On average, we visit the title game every other year since the existence of our glorious franchise.Oh do you? 1991-1999 beg to differ. Also "you guys" didn't win one of those titles from 1954*-1971. So for 17 years ya'll were at best second fiddle. And again from 1988-1999. I hope they hung banners.
* - Minneapolis Lakers

Believe or not, we just get bored with winning, it happens in everything that comes so easy.Everything that comes so easy like when "you" were getting your balls rocked by the celtics?

Pussy,You get bored of pussy? I knew you were gay.

money, food, you name it. You can get bored with it when it comes so easily for you.Food comes easy? Your metaphors really suck.

Not saying that you would even understand a word of this knowledge, but I'm just saying...
Work on your trolling. It used to be much better.

midnightpulp
01-15-2010, 10:41 PM
Are you dumb, or stupid, or maybe both. We owned you head to head, and its not even funny. Not to mention we entirely rebuilt our team in the same decade and accomplished something that the Spurs have yet to do in all of its meager history, and thats's get back to the finals B2B. This will go down as an ugly stain on Duncans career, just as the shit stains from Hakeem will remain on Robinsons career.

This is the problem with moron Laker fan who started flying the Purple 'n Piss Flag on their car when Shaq arrived: he has no sense of history and a limited understanding of events that last beyond 5 years.

The two best players in Spurs history as related to competition with the Lakers occupied the decade from 1995-05. The head-to-head record during that time is 3-3. Even if we throw in the Lakers 08 WCF win, the tally remains at 4-3.

Now explain to me how a 4-3 edge is domination you illiterate bitch.

F_U_Buddy
01-15-2010, 10:46 PM
Guaranteed is spelled wrong, but I digress. And if you had game like MIB, then pussy wouldn't be an issue.

Why use Bowen here? Why not use Larry Kenon?
Conditionally speaking, he'd match-up better on the 1st team because he had both the athleticism and power to keep up with Baylor, Johnson, or Bryant and at 6'9 with long arms, he'd be much more formidable.

Aren't you already missing out on cash and ass...except for that dog above.

See the issue here is that there is only 1 basketball and 5 different egos. Who defers here? Not Bryant, legends or not he wants all the pub. Magic is a great passer but a sucky defender, you know that right? And what about cross match-ups? Elgin & Wilt both prefer the low block so how do you play that game with this team. You didn't specify playsets nor did you specify game pace nor did you establish rules like hand-check vs no hand check or zone defense or no blood-no foul rules. Weak.

Ask yourself, if you know anything about basketball history, has there ever been a team so stocked with stars, that has ever won the Finals?
If you know this game like I do, you know the answer.

3 super-stars in their prime is the max where it's happend. If a team has 4, the only way it works is if one is humble enough to come off the bench.

Basketball is a team sport in which roles need to be defined. What you've proposed here is a fuckin' PS3 Matchup in arcade mode. Fantasy not reality. But I take it, that's how you live.

Bowen would play here and he'd play havoc on the short back court. Couple Alvin Robertson here and that ball would have a hard time getting to the post.
Fuck Gail Goodrich. While he was on the 71 team that finally broke through after getting their asses kicked time & again by the Celtics, him being 6'1 & 175 wet made him easy to brutalize. Bowen, Robertson, & Ginobili would make this match-up physical. Worthy needs a pure passer to get those breakaway dunks he's known for. In this team, it would be like he was playing with Sedale Threatt not Magic. And the version of Worthy was little game and probably a contributing reason for his elevator/prostitute issue.
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/09/30/48hours/main575919.shtml

Mike Mitchell shouldn't be listed as a PF. With a lifetime RPG of 5.6, he ain't anything close to a PF. I would use the guy who at 1 time was the World's Tallest Skin Diver. University of Jacksonville product. Artis Gilmore. He'd school Pau Gasol. Fuckin' school him. He'd re-pussify him into regressing into the 08 Gasol who shrunk on National TV against the Celtics.

Ok...that's better. Cash is something we're all working for...but Pussy, some of us have a gift and mine comes with 32 DDD. :D

In the word's of a fake Bruce-Lee in the cheesy finishing of Game Of Death,"You lose Carl Miller!"
0opbJULocpw

Coaches: Gregg Popovich and Bob Hill vs Pat Riley and Phil Jackson [/quote]
Y
What are you some BLACK KNIGHT to the weak Spur fan rescue...you sound less than convincing but I hear internet Sabre Rattling... see the one thing you didn't account for was Phil Jackson and Pat Riley...the biggest ego managers in Sports History...that's how we pull it off...see Pop has never had to coach ego's so I can see how you would totally overlook that Mr...Black Knight...the only ego to contain with either unit would be Shaq's...Kobe's attitude stems from lack of quality players around him...

So with these players and coaches we'd run a combination of tri and showtime plays. In theory, the tri can function without any set plays. The offense is designed to combat anything the defense might throw Sagging defenses, light pressure, heavy pressure, and various zone defenses can all be broken by executing the Tri effectively.

But I applaud you for having the balls to actually make an ass of yourself and go against the grain of moral truth...

Man In Black
01-15-2010, 10:51 PM
but your 2003 title came from us being bored with winning so easily.

If your team was so bored, then tell us oh so smart one...they why did your boys cry like bitches?
From the 5 minute mark on...I don't believe you are blind but hey, if you are...I see bitch-ass crying. For boredom...that's a whole lot of tears.
e8p9RtiDVRM

midnightpulp
01-15-2010, 10:57 PM
Listen, little shit. If I'm going to allow you to post, I refuse to continue to edit and educate you along the way. Go back and learn what a decade is, then re-write this gibberish all over again.

Are you that intellectually disabled that you can't even define your own criteria?

David Robinson and Tim Duncan are the best players in Spurs history. Robinson had his first post-season meeting with the Lakers in the 94-95 season. I realize you weren't a fan then and the Lakers were completely overmatched but a win is a win, and the Spurs won that series 4-2. Next up was 99, another Spurs win. Lakers get two more, Spurs get one more, Lakers get the last one to close out the Duncan/Robinson DECADE.

And we violate your rules and add 08. 4-3. Hardly domination.

Fuckin LA school system, which sadly gets some of my taxes. Knowing they educate morons like you is why I'm a fuckin libertarian.

Man In Black
01-15-2010, 11:01 PM
Y
What are you some BLACK KNIGHT to the weak Spur fan rescue...you sound less than convincing but I hear internet Sabre Rattling... see the one thing you didn't account for was Phil Jackson and Pat Riley...the biggest ego managers in Sports History...that's how we pull it off...see Pop has never had to coach ego's so I can see how you would totally overlook that Mr...Black Knight...the only ego to contain with either unit would be Shaq's...Kobe's attitude stems from lack of quality players around him...

So with these players and coaches we'd run a combination of tri and showtime plays. In theory, the tri can function without any set plays. The offense is designed to combat anything the defense might throw Sagging defenses, light pressure, heavy pressure, and various zone defenses can all be broken by executing the Tri effectively.

But I applaud you for having the balls to actually make an ass of yourself and go against the grain of moral truth...

In theory? What the fuck do you know about basketball? I see you talking in general terms but please mother fucker...you throwing out that weak ass the tri can combat this shit and that shit...well if it's so awesome that why is it only Tex Winter and to a lesser extent, Cotton Fitzsimmons, led teams had run it with any type of serious success.

Tim Floyd ran it after MJ retired and Phil left and what happened there? Failure.

Look man...There needs to be defined roles. MJ doesn't get titles without an interior presence the likes of Ho Grant or Rodman. With that 1st lineup, who fucking defers? and if you are running the tri...then why do you need a ball-dominant Magic Johnson?

Answer that one ass-wipe :lmao

Kobe's attitude doesn't come from the failure of other players. Kobe's attitude comes straight from his dad who felt he got pissed on in his time in the L and sent his son out to get what he never did.

So what the fuck ever. While you are busting out your basketball plays for dummies book...recognize...this shit is pure fantasy and not reality. You cannot successfully play 5 superstars on the court at the same time running different systems, you won't get wonderment. What you'll get is confusion...and that right there is reality.

RECOGNIZE.

Man In Black
01-15-2010, 11:17 PM
Have you ever loss to someone that was obviously lesser than you? Have you ever had that feeling that you just gave away your crown to scrubs? I doubt you have, but for a second just pretend that you have, then you'll understand the tears. It makes the Spurs no difference when we beat them because they know that they never have a shot to begin with, so you'll see no tears with those guys.

So, in essence, you're saying that they cared. Which totally runs counter to the statement that they were just bored. N'est-ce pas?

midnightpulp
01-15-2010, 11:21 PM
I have hard core proof that Spurfan have tried to change the meaning of decade, but for christs sake, just pretend not to be so stupid, is that too hard for you. We were 4-1 in the decade. If you dare go beyond that, then we still eclipse your miserable history. You trying to debate with me is like a monkey trying to explain the human genome. Know your role, kid.

You haven't specified anything. Just throwing out the word decade. I know you became a fan around May of 2000 after you gave away your Bulls gear, but you defined the decade as the Spurs having their two best players, which would place the decade between the years 1995-05.

The Spurs/Lakers did play in the 90s after all.

If you want to go back farther, by all means. I have no illusions about the Spurs being close to the Lakers as an overall franchise. Doesn't matter to me. You seem to be obsessed with denigrating the Spurs, which is quite funny actually. The Lakers don't even matter enough to me to troll one of their boards. Their 10 championships, 2400+ wins is nice, but it doesn't really incite me to hate. But I admit I have fun "debating" with their trolls.

Lakers will always be a team morons root for, which is why I made the decision, as a Socal native unlike yourself, to never be a fan of that circus.

midnightpulp
01-15-2010, 11:31 PM
Your post is full of so much speculation that it doesn't deserve a quote.

Until you prove otherwise I'll speculate till the end of time that you're a bandwagon, fairweather fan who would draw a blank if the name Randy Pfund was mentioned.

Not get to googling ex-Bulls fan.

Shastafarian
01-15-2010, 11:33 PM
lol Lakaluva gettin butthurt.

lol 105-85

lol 2008

lol never being as good as the celtics

Man In Black
01-15-2010, 11:35 PM
Randy did better in Miami :)

Shastafarian
01-15-2010, 11:37 PM
Shasta, I've defeated you on so many occasions that's its pathetic. Your so-called rebuttal is an insult to even the midget minds of your own ilk. You staying up late tonight to see if we lose? I'll let you in on a secret. For the past three years, we win at a clip of 80%, so chances are good we are winning. Have you taken the advice of Buddy to hep you get out of the recession that you currently enjoy? Just bet on the Lakeshow and you are guaranteed to win 8 of 10.

80%?

Let's take a look shall we!

2009/2010 : 30-9; 30/39 = .769 = 77% Oh so close
2008/2009 : 65-17; 65/82 = .79 = 79% Getting warmer!
2007/2008 : 57-25; 57/82 = .69 = 69% Damn yer goin the wrong way!
2006/2007 : 42-20; 42/82 = .51 = 51% :rollin

PS: I don't give a shit what the Lakers do in the regular season. Just like you don't give a shit what the Spurs do in the regular season.

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144266&highlight=spurs+lead

Whoops!

LOL 105-85

Man In Black
01-15-2010, 11:43 PM
If consistent means that you've established yourself as the team that has the longest active streak in reaching the playoffs, then you've already lost that game.

Agree?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_NBA_franchise_post-season_streaks

This is a list of National Basketball Association (NBA) franchise post-season appearance streaks. This list includes the all-time and the active consecutive playoffs appearance up to and including the 2008–09 season.

Aside from the NBA Playoff appearance streaks, this list also includes the NBA Finals appearance streak and the NBA championships win streak.

The San Antonio Spurs hold the longest active consecutive playoffs appearance with 12 appearances, starting in the 1998. The Spurs won four NBA championships during the streak. The Philadelphia 76ers (formerly known as Syracuse Nationals) hold the longest all-time consecutive playoffs appearance with 22 appearances during 1950 and 1971. The 76ers won two NBA championship during the streak. The Boston Celtics hold the longest consecutive NBA Finals appearance streak with ten appearances between 1957 and 1966. During the streak, the Celtics won eight consecutive NBA championships—also an NBA record.

Shastafarian
01-15-2010, 11:43 PM
Shasta, would you politely shoo this midnight clown away, he's making you guys look bad. Also, your post signifies the typical defeated Spurfan. When you have run out of material, you jump on the Celtics nuts, but for once, I'm going to take a page out of your book. We have been the most consistent team in the history of the Sport, so according to your very own standard, we are the most successful team in the history of the league.

Based on what? Cuz I know it ain't titles!

The sad part is you seem to know about basketball but you resort to trolling. Yeah you get stupid people to make stupid comments but what's the point? Does it make you happy or something?

Shastafarian
01-15-2010, 11:44 PM
I see they don't teach you clowns how to round over there. Since we rebuilt almost threes seasons ago, were winning at a clip of 80%

24-14 :wow

69% is almost 80%? Tell that to me 8th grade english teacher! Amirite?

Shastafarian
01-15-2010, 11:48 PM
Based on having more wins than any team in the league, period.

Is it based on winning % which would be a more accurate indicator of consistency considering some teams have been in the league much longer than others?

Man In Black
01-15-2010, 11:48 PM
Incidentally, Tim Duncan is the only player in NBA history to win multiple titles in which the entire basketball team roster had changed. Tim's the only constant.
Kobe hasn't done that and as long as turnstile Fisher is active, he won't get to.

Man In Black
01-15-2010, 11:49 PM
Now you're trolling. Since Pau and the rebuild, were winning at 80%
Look ll...bust out the records and show the math. Don't give us conjecture, give us concrete proof.

Shastafarian
01-15-2010, 11:50 PM
Now you're trolling. Since Pau and the rebuild, were winning at 80%

Who else besides Pau constitutes "the rebuild"?

Man In Black
01-15-2010, 11:50 PM
Oh and you realize...caring means they were not bored...but I digress.

Shastafarian
01-15-2010, 11:51 PM
Do we have to go into details on this one? Come on...

Total wins does not equal winning %. If team x has 50 more wins than team y but also has 100 more games total, how can you say team x is more consistent?

Shastafarian
01-15-2010, 11:54 PM
Black ass Malik Rose was on both teams you jackass. Pull that shit on the newcomers.

1999 and 2005 or 2007 genius.

Shastafarian
01-15-2010, 11:54 PM
We gave up like 5 players. That's rebuilding.

Players that played?

Shastafarian
01-15-2010, 11:56 PM
Incidentally, Tim Duncan is the only player in NBA history to win multiple titles in which the entire basketball team roster had changed. Tim's the only constant.
Kobe hasn't done that and as long as turnstile Fisher is active, he won't get to.

Correct me if I'm wrong. Did Rose play on 99 and 2003 title teams?

Malik Rose was on both teams. Not sure why it matters when the only person who was on the 1999 title team as well as the 2005 title was Tim Duncan.

Smooth Criminal
01-15-2010, 11:58 PM

PF - TIM DUNCAN VS. WILT CHAMBERLAIN (Don't put Centers in PF spots, it's annoying.

Who cares? We all know the Lakers have had, do have, and will continue to have better players than the Spurs

Shastafarian
01-15-2010, 11:58 PM
Kwame started. Critt was our Farmar at the time, and Marc has tuned into a strong, talented big man.

Marc had never played for the Lakers. If anything that's the opposite of "rebuilding" since you gave up a young talent for an older one.

midnightpulp
01-15-2010, 11:59 PM
Black ass Malik Rose was on both teams you jackass. Pull that shit on the newcomers.

The 05 and 07 rosters had not one player besides Tim Duncan from the 99 squad.

Therefore: Multiple titles after a the roster of a previous title team changed completely.

Is English your second language? I may mess up Sporting News awards but you thoroughly mangle the intent and meaning of the English language.

midnightpulp
01-16-2010, 12:01 AM
It matters because he's trying to give TD something that he never earned. There were players from 99 and 2003 that played with TD, and from 2003 and 2005. He should come back and edit his post and stop making shit up hoping that no one was around to call him on his bullshit.

No, you're just an illiterate fucktard.

The 99 roster was completely different from 05, 07 rosters besides Tim Duncan.

Man In Black
01-16-2010, 12:04 AM
That post burned your ass, huh?:lol
No...not at all, just calling a spade, a punk spade :)

You realize that you just got punked and now you're trying misdirection in an attempt to throw me off.

YAWN...

I grow tired of toying with LAL fan when it comes to talking hoops. Them beating me in a solid basketball debate amounts to a fight between a MIB Hammer and a LAL bandwagon Nail.

Hey...the hammer wins every time.

It's amazing that a team that first started in the NBA in 1976 could have such an awesome winning percentage, nay, the best winning percentage in all of basketball since Tim Duncan became a Spur. His win-loss record is better than Kobe's...REALITY.

midnightpulp
01-16-2010, 12:07 AM
Stop with the lame comparisons. Kobe's team was completely dismantled, while the Spurs keep TD surrounded with talent, yet Kobe still has had a better career.

Explain to me how Kobe's 1 regular season MVP (his lifetime achievement award) to TD's 2, his 1 Finals MVPs to TD's 3, his placing on the all-time worst Finals performances to TD's 4 on the top 50, a higher regular season and post-season PER, and more overall NBA squads constitutes Kobe having a better career?

Oh right, he scored 81 points. Funny thing is David Robinson's 71 point game was more impressive. At least his was a double-double.

Stats are stubborn things to Laker fans.

Man In Black
01-16-2010, 12:10 AM
Stop with the lame comparisons. Kobe's team was completely dismantled, while the Spurs keep TD surrounded with talent, yet Kobe still has had a better career.

Oh and can you qualify your assertion ass-wipe?

Is it MVPs? KBB has 1 less.
Is it Rookie of the year? Kobe doesn't have 1.
Is it All-NBA teams? Tim's done it his entire career, while Kobe has NOT.
Is it All-NBA Defense teams? Again, Tim's done it his entire career, while Kobe has not.

Is it championships?They're equal but they're not, you see Tim has 3 Finals MVP to KBB's 1.

SO...where is it that Kobe still has the better career?
You need to learn more hoops wanna-be. Your game is about as strong as Sasha Vujacic and we all realize...that's not a good thing. :lmao

midnightpulp
01-16-2010, 12:16 AM
The hits just keep coming with you...:lol MVP'S??? What a joke of an award. Hell, Nash was granted two of them, hell even Dirk got one. These are popularity awards, and as long as Kobe is fucking white girls up the ass without even saying goodnight, he will never be popular...:lol

Even if we take away the reg. season MVPs, Duncan's career is still better.

Higher overall PER in both reg. and post-season: Meaningless.

More Finals MVPs: Meaningless.

Overall a much, much better statistical performer in the Finals: Meaningless.

More all-NBA first teams: Meaningless.

81 points and the ability to volume shoot? These define a great career.

Man In Black
01-16-2010, 12:17 AM
Man...you're totally getting your ass kicked. Who lead's the West in votes for the All-Star game?
If that ain't popularity, that I don't know what is. Reality...how could he win NBA MVP when for the greater part of his career, he wasn't even the best player on his own damn team? He was so pissed off at his inability to become option #1 that he had to change his jersey number in an attempt to start anew. :lmao

No matter how you try to Kobe-ize your views, it don't fuckin' matter. Real basketball fans know the real deal and know which player has had the better career. He didn't need to change his number either.

Man In Black
01-16-2010, 12:19 AM
Still waiting for the 80% math there LL. You lag, do you need to bust out your Algebra book?

Shastafarian
01-16-2010, 12:25 AM
No one outside of San Antonio will ever remember Duncan when retires. The guy adds no excitement to the game. He will however go down as the first NBA so-called great that failed our country in the Olympics, then vowed to never return to redeem himself.

The first NBA great after all those other times. Oh wait! They only started sending NBA players in 1992. So there had been 3 whole teams before 2004. Why didn't Kobe play on that 2004 team?

Man In Black
01-16-2010, 12:26 AM
It matters because he's trying to give TD something that he never earned. There were players from 99 and 2003 that played with TD, and from 2003 and 2005. He should come back and edit his post and stop making shit up hoping that no one was around to call him on his bullshit.

I see you don't understand the concept...I am not surprised. :hat
I don't have to edit shit. You have just been schooled.

midnightpulp
01-16-2010, 12:27 AM
No one outside of San Antonio will ever remember Duncan when retires. The guy adds no excitement to the game. He will however go down as the first NBA so-called great that failed our country in the Olympics, then vowed to never return to redeem himself.

Reach a little more, maybe you'll get an injury that's actually legit unlike your hero.

You have NOTHING. Stats don't help you, awards, accolades, the performances themselves, nothing.

Leave it to an LA douche to think "adding excitement to the game" is a valid "accomplishment" in a player's legacy. Or maybe you crave it being the only exciting thing to come of out Cerritos was those car commercials starring Ernest.

Excitement...Guess Pistol Pete is a top ten player of all-time.

Now get off the board and go watch the Hills

Shastafarian
01-16-2010, 12:27 AM
Like the Spurs got done tonight?Nah this is more akin to a 20 point blowout. (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=300112024)

Man In Black
01-16-2010, 12:28 AM
Still with the misdirection...show us the math ass-wipe.

You realize that every assertion you made, has been re-buffed with relative ease?

Probably not...but that's what makes these responses fun.

See...The Hammer wins every time.

Shastafarian
01-16-2010, 12:28 AM
You know why. They sure could have used him. Because we all know Duncan failed miserably. This is a stain that will eventually taint his entire career.

Sure do. And in the end, even if no one remembers Duncan (hilarious concept), the only thing people will remember Kobe for is asking if he could bust a nut on a white chicks face.

midnightpulp
01-16-2010, 12:34 AM
Comparing Duncan to Kobe is like comparing English to MJ.:lmao

I think it may be time to return to beneath your bridge in Cerritos and find some new material.

You were fun while you lasted but now you're just chucking it, hoping for whatever hits. Kinda like a Kobe shooting night.

WalterSobchak
01-16-2010, 12:35 AM

You do realize a decade is 10 years right? Not 6 years. Spurs had Duncan & Robinson (the 2 best players in the Spurs History as you put it) from 97-03. In in that 6 years, the playoffs results were 2-2. Hardly domination. But leave it to a Lakers fan to fuck his own argument up. Fucking Nihilist.

midnightpulp
01-16-2010, 12:41 AM
You do realize a decade is 10 years right? Not 6 years. Spurs had Duncan & Robinson (the 2 best players in the Spurs History as you put it) from 97-03. In in that 6 years, the playoffs results were 2-2. Hardly domination. But leave it to a Lakers fan to fuck his own argument up. Fucking Nihilist.

3-2 if you count 94-95 when the Admiral put the beat-down on Elden Campbell, Eddie Jones, etc, etc. Players Luva has never heard of.

In those days, he was waiting for MJ to come back.

WalterSobchak
01-16-2010, 12:54 AM
You Spurfans specialize in being clowns. Did Robinson and Duncan play together last decade? However you want to look at it, we bullied those bitches.

Do you need a lesson in grammar? During A decade is a major difference than during the LAST decade.

midnightpulp
01-16-2010, 12:55 AM
You clowns are amazing with this whole decade shit. Only from idiot Spursfans. The decade starting in 2000 and ended new years of 2010. And why do you continue to mention these scrub players that never should been on my team to begin with

I applaud you for finally making a specific definition and from 2000-10, the Lakers have dominated the Spurs.

I'm okay with that, however. Titles are all that matter and I'll take 3 in the decade anytime, no matter which team does or doesn't have a winning record against the Spurs. All matchups are cyclical. The Suns have bitchslapped you guys around this decade, but since you have 4 titles, do you really care?

Man In Black
01-16-2010, 12:55 AM
Hey what is any 10-year period called?

Any...

Seriously.

You can't possibly be this dense, but lo and behold, all we have to do is read what you post, and then it's incredibly clear that you are :hat

mystargtr34
01-16-2010, 12:59 AM
Comparing Duncan to Kobe is like comparing English to MJ.:lmao

Efficiency.

Man In Black
01-16-2010, 02:31 AM
LAL FANS: Zero
Spurs Fans: Dominant :hat:hat

admiralsnackbar
01-16-2010, 02:39 AM
I'm going to share something with you about winning. I know you are new to this concept and will probably never truly understand, but your 2003 title came from us being bored with winning so easily. This happens to all the great teams, of which Duncan has never played on by the way. On average, we visit the title game every other year since the existence of our glorious franchise. Believe or not, we just get bored with winning, it happens in everything that comes so easy. Pussy, money, food, you name it. You can get bored with it when it comes so easily for you. Not saying that you would even understand a word of this knowledge, but I'm just saying...

Is that why Kobe and Fish cried, imbecile?

F_U_Buddy
01-16-2010, 09:20 AM
80%?

Let's take a look shall we!

2009/2010 : 30-9; 30/39 = .769 = 77% Oh so close
2008/2009 : 65-17; 65/82 = .79 = 79% Getting warmer!
2007/2008 : 57-25; 57/82 = .69 = 69% Damn yer goin the wrong way!
2006/2007 : 42-20; 42/82 = .51 = 51% :rollin

PS: I don't give a shit what the Lakers do in the regular season. Just like you don't give a shit what the Spurs do in the regular season.

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144266&highlight=spurs+lead

Whoops!

LOL 105-85

Hey you soft nipple head there's always +/- % to deal with but since this isn't George Bush fuzzy math or Karl Rovian politics then we'll just have to round off to the nearest ten % which for the last 2 years puts us at an 80% clip...So like lakaluva said...right it down bitch...overall throughout history an ~62% winning clip making us the most successful team NBA history...

When going head to head, in five different playoff series ('01, '02, '03, '04, '08). Lakers won four of ive, and if you break it down by games, the Lakers won 18 and the Spurs eight. If you're judging by "overall winning percentage, playoff appearances and championships," the Lakers win two out of three we blow the Spurs away in direct competition in the decade in which we're debating.

Shastafarian
01-16-2010, 09:32 AM
Hey you soft nipple headThat's a new one. Why you all up on my nuts? Oh cuz I made you feel more insecure. I had forgotten :lol

there's always +/- % to deal with but since this isn't George Bush fuzzy math or Karl Rovian politics then we'll just have to round off to the nearest ten %Um...what?

which for the last 2 years puts us at an 80% clipSo you didn't mean "ten %"

...So like lakaluva said...right it down bitch...He said last 3 years. If you wanna count this year, which isn't even over yet, fine but that third year is the real bitch at 69%.

overall throughout history an ~62% winning clip making us the most successful team NBA history...With the Spurs at 60%.

When going head to head, in five different playoff series ('01, '02, '03, '04, '08). Lakers won four of ive, and if you break it down by games, the Lakers won 18 and the Spurs eight. If you're judging by "overall winning percentage, playoff appearances and championships," the Lakers win two out of three we blow the Spurs away in direct competition in the decade in which we're debating.I enjoy how you left out '99 when the Spurs shut down the Forum.

F_U_Buddy
01-16-2010, 09:56 AM
That's a new one. Why you all up on my nuts? Oh cuz I made you feel more insecure. I had forgotten :lol
Um...what?
So you didn't mean "ten %"
He said last 3 years. If you wanna count this year, which isn't even over yet, fine but that third year is the real bitch at 69%.
With the Spurs at 60%.

I enjoy how you left out '99 when the Spurs shut down the Forum.

The half a season that no one really prepared for...sure I will give that to you but it doesn't really change things we own you sluts...and my math is dam straight....head to head and for the near and long term future...we'll be fucking the shit out of the Spurs....and any "incidental" regular season losses we may give to you guys well let's just chalk it up to too much Laker fucking...sometimes we just need a good blowjob so we allow you to indulge yourselves....

Findog
01-16-2010, 01:49 PM
Congratulations on getting this thread to 7 pages.

http://greenfyre.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/hook-line-sinker-how-i-fell-for-a-phishing-scam.jpg

WalterSobchak
01-16-2010, 02:04 PM
The half a season that no one really prepared for...sure I will give that to you but it doesn't really change things we own you sluts...and my math is dam straight....head to head and for the near and long term future...we'll be fucking the shit out of the Spurs....and any "incidental" regular season losses we may give to you guys well let's just chalk it up to too much Laker fucking...sometimes we just need a good blowjob so we allow you to indulge yourselves....

Above quote translation: "Whaaa! I can't accept the fact that my Lakers got fucked into submission on Tuesday night. We were supposed to be able to challenge the 72-10 record of the Bulls. But I now know we won't even finish with as many wins as last season. Let alone the thoughts of even sniffing a chance to win the Finals again. Whaaaa!"

Fucking Nihilist.

Findog
01-16-2010, 06:22 PM
I am a felcher.

Man In Black
01-16-2010, 10:22 PM
It's the next day...and I see they still haven't figured out basic math.
TYPICAL of Phil Jockstrap led LAL fans.

LkrFan
01-17-2010, 05:00 PM
Nah this is more akin to a 20 point blowout. (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=300112024)
:rolleyes

Sp*rs beat us without Gasol and a hurt Kobe. Then y'all let Gasol's younger brother punk y'all in Memphis. (You know, the player that was so much worst than his big brother that was essentially a "throw in" during the Pau heist.)

No team has beaten us twice this year. We're 3-0 against teams that beat us. (Ask Dallas - who beat y'all. We whooped them by 35. Then we beat them in their building).

Sig bet: IF* both teams are healthy in the playoffs, I bet you the Lakers win. Not only that, you guys won't win more than 2 games. Deal?

*IF y'all get by Dallas or the Nuggets that is. :nope

LkrFan
01-17-2010, 05:02 PM
Hey, don't I remember you from LakersGround? Now you are a Sp*rs fan? :rolleyes

WalterSobchak
01-17-2010, 06:30 PM
Hey, don't I remember you from LakersGround? Now you are a Sp*rs fan? :rolleyes

Actually I troll on Lakers Ground under a different user name. :toast