PDA

View Full Version : Suns up by 4 with 10 seconds left

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-15-2010, 10:48 PM
And lose on a Jamal Crawford game winning 3.

SpursRulez4eVeR
01-15-2010, 10:49 PM
heart breaker...wow that crawford guy

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-15-2010, 10:50 PM
Suns lose a rebound with 3 seconds left that results to 2 free points for Atlanta, Amare misses a FT. Great shot by jamal but Phoenix lost this game.

sribb43
01-15-2010, 10:52 PM
Wow I turned the game off....thought the suns had it in the bag

braeden0613
01-15-2010, 10:54 PM
I almost feel bad enjoying every second of suns misery...almost

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-15-2010, 10:54 PM
Wow I turned the game off....thought the suns had it in the bag

They have a thing for snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

SpursRulez4eVeR
01-15-2010, 10:56 PM
Suns lose a rebound with 3 seconds left that results to 2 free points for Atlanta, Amare misses a FT. Great shot by jamal but Phoenix lost this game.

this game is just as epic as last night's jazz game vs. the cavs. ,first korver hit a shot behind the backboard,cavs missing FTs and that D-league guy made the game-winning three.

ffadicted
01-15-2010, 11:02 PM
this game is just as epic as last night's jazz game vs. the cavs. ,first korver hit a shot behind the backboard,cavs missing FTs and that D-league guy made the game-winning three.

That was way crazier than this tbh lol
Cavs failed hard yesterday, but Utah was krazy

JMarkJohns
01-15-2010, 11:28 PM
09/10 Suns = Epic Fail on the road... To many blown opportunities to count on one hand, many of the losses reaching levels of absurdity that wouldn't have been believed had they been predicted beforehand.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-15-2010, 11:31 PM
Sorry if there were too many threads made about this game (seeing Kori view this thread). I just made it in frustration before knowing about the other lol suns threads.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-15-2010, 11:32 PM
09/10 Suns = Epic Fail on the road... To many blown opportunities to count on one hand, many of the losses reaching levels of absurdity that wouldn't have been believed had they been predicted beforehand.

Yeah also they're 24-16 right now, a year ago they were 23-17. So much for the great improvement.

pauls931
01-16-2010, 11:03 AM
Another one I'm glad I missed. Soft again. I'm thinking management just wants to make the team good enough to limp into the playoffs the next two seasons. Granted it was against one of the best teams in the east on the road, but a 4pt lead with 10 secs? Only way to lose that is through horrible execution.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-16-2010, 11:17 AM
I'm thinking management just wants to make the team good enough to limp into the playoffs the next two seasons.

Yeah but most of the fans are happy with that because they're so "fun" to watch. Nothing we can do.

pauls931
01-16-2010, 11:19 AM
Yeah but most of the fans are happy with that because they're so "fun" to watch. Nothing we can do.

I don't know what fans you're talking about, no one is happy as far as I know. I guess the ones that still buy tickets and go to their game?

BTW in addition to Barbosa, I want to add Grant Hill to my trade list...

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-16-2010, 11:21 AM
I don't know what fans you're talking about, no one is happy as far as I know. I guess the ones that still buy tickets and go to their game?

The ones like my friend who was practically blowing his load all over the wall yesterday about how much "better" the Suns are this year. There are plenty of fans who are enamored with the current team.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-16-2010, 11:23 AM
BTW in addition to Barbosa, I want to add Grant Hill to my trade list...

+1

He doesn't play a lick of defense. I don't care how old or nice the guy is, I'm tired of the guy he's guarding getting 5 offensive rebounds because he's too lazy to box out.

pauls931
01-16-2010, 11:28 AM
+1

He doesn't play a lick of defense. I don't care how old or nice the guy is, I'm tired of the guy he's guarding getting 5 offensive rebounds because he's too lazy to box out.

Grant gets some decent numbers, but he just doesn't have it anymore. There's games where he just gets shut out. If he can't play D and his offense is spuratic, why not just replace him with a defensive hound? There's still plenty of offense with Nash, Amare, and Richardson.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-16-2010, 11:32 AM
Grant gets some decent numbers, but he just doesn't have it anymore. There's games where he just gets shut out. If he can't play D and his offense is spuratic, why not just replace him with a defensive hound? There's still plenty of offense with Nash, Amare, and Richardson.

Yeah I agree, he's just too hit or miss. Last night was an exception with him, but the way he and Frye have played on the road this year (Grant Hill shoots 51% at home 43% on the road, Frye shoots 49% at home 41% on the road) makes it so one of them needs to go. You can't have two guys in your starting lineup who can't be relied on to show up for road games. Last night before Gentry realized there's no point in having Frye in the game because he's useless when his shot's off, Al Horford was just abusing him. Backing him down right under the hoop and then going up for a point blank shot.

pauls931
01-16-2010, 11:36 AM
Yeah I agree, he's just too hit or miss. Last night was an exception with him, but the way he and Frye have played on the road this year (Grant Hill shoots 51% at home 43% on the road, Frye shoots 49% at home 41% on the road) makes it so one of them needs to go. You can't have two guys in your starting lineup who can't be relied on to show up for road games. Last night before Gentry realized there's no point in having Frye in the game because he's useless when his shot's off, Al Horford was just abusing him. Backing him down right under the hoop and then going up for a point blank shot.

Well, If I had to make the choice, I'd keep Fry, at least he's young and can level out with experience. But his defense does concern me, he's a skinny F, not a center.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-16-2010, 11:46 AM
Well, If I had to make the choice, I'd keep Fry, at least he's young and can level out with experience. But his defense does concern me, he's a skinny F, not a center.

Frye is a player who should come off the bench and give you spacing and outside shooting for 20 minutes IMO. He's not a starter on a good team, even moreso he's not a starting center on a good team.

Also people can act like Lopez played extremely well last night, but he had 2 defensive rebounds in 30 minutes. Your center needs to grab more than 2 defensive rebounds in 30 minutes of PT. If 2 defensive rebounds in 30 minutes is considered a great game from Lopez then there's no point in having him on the team.

pauls931
01-16-2010, 11:56 AM
Frye is a player who should come off the bench and give you spacing and outside shooting for 20 minutes IMO. He's not a starter on a good team, even moreso he's not a starting center on a good team.

Also people can act like Lopez played extremely well last night, but he had 2 defensive rebounds in 30 minutes. Your center needs to grab more than 2 defensive rebounds in 30 minutes of PT. If 2 defensive rebounds in 30 minutes is considered a great game from Lopez then there's no point in having him on the team.

2 rebounds in 30 minutes without fouling out is not a great game, it's a motherfucking miracle when Lopez is concerned.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-16-2010, 11:59 AM
2 rebounds in 30 minutes without fouling out is not a great game, it's a motherfucking miracle when Lopez is concerned.

I agree, it was just annoying to read about how "awesome" he played when it had a lot more to do with how everyone is used to seeing him play like shit.

21_Blessings
01-16-2010, 12:24 PM
If the playoffs started today Phoenix and SA would be playing in the first round. DUN DUN DUN

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-16-2010, 01:32 PM
If the playoffs started today Phoenix and SA would be playing in the first round. DUN DUN DUN

Na I don't think so. This could be wrong but right now I think Phoenix is the 6 seed and SA is the 4th seed. There are 7 teams in the West with 16, 17 or 18 losses, so it's anyone's guess. Phoenix started 14-3, since then they've been 10-13. Granted the schedule is gonna lighten up for them, if the 10-13 Suns are what we can expect for the rest of the year they'll be lucky to make the playoffs.

21_Blessings
01-16-2010, 01:37 PM
Well they were before this loss then.

I just don't want to see San Antonio get a default 1st round win when they can't even beat the Mavericks in a 7 game series.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-16-2010, 02:18 PM
Well they were before this loss then.

I just don't want to see San Antonio get a default 1st round win when they can't even beat the Mavericks in a 7 game series.

If I had to bet on someone, I'd bet on San Antonio in a Suns vs. Spurs series this year (obviously). With that said, it wouldn't be a default win like in years past, Phoenix would have a slim chance. The Spurs don't play defense like they used to (instead of Bruce Bowen Dick Jefferson will be guarding Nash) and Phoenix now has a SG and SF who aren't one dimensional offensive players who can't even score in the halfcourt when Parker is guarding them. As bad as Phoenix has been against above .500 teams, San Antonio has been worse :lol

Idk why I wrote that. None of it will matter when Barbosa pulls his usual disappearing act against the Spurs while the guys Amare and Nash are guarding combine for 60 points. Besides, I thought you wanted to see SA in the WCF.

Red Hawk #21
01-16-2010, 03:30 PM
Wow I cant believe Crawford hit that shot, that was amazing.