PDA

View Full Version : I Wouldn't Normally Post a Local Utah Story

balli
01-16-2010, 12:00 AM
And I don't expect anyone to care really. But as we're all fans of complete and utter hypocrisy, perhaps you can appreciate how much secular Utah is enjoying this-

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/2636/killpackmugshot.jpg
Utah Senate Majority Leader Sheldon Killpack, a proponent of tough drunken-driving laws whose father was killed by a drunken driver, was booked into jail Friday morning on suspicion of driving under the influence.

The incident is a blow to one of the state's brightest Republican stars, who had made a rapid rise through the Senate leadership, become the public face of the GOP majority, and had been widely discussed as a potential candidate for governor...

In a statement, Killpack -- who is a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, which tells followers to abstain from alcohol -- publicly apologized...

Killpack's father was killed by a drunken driver when the lawmaker was a teenager and he has sponsored and supported legislation aimed at cracking down on impaired drivers...

Democratic Party Chairman Wayne Holland stressed that, while Killpack is innocent until proven guilty, "his decision to refuse to comply with the investigating police officer's request for breath test shows that he did not deal with this in a responsible, forthright manner."
http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_14200462

I'm just happy this criminal didn't kill somebody. :lmao :lmao

baseline bum
01-16-2010, 12:18 AM
Damn, how many Utah-beers does it take to fail a breathalyser? 10? 12?

balli
01-16-2010, 12:22 AM

For this guy? Half a bottle of Mike's Hard.

ChumpDumper
01-16-2010, 12:29 AM
Nice, he apologized immediately. He might survive this if he goes straight to rehab.

Nbadan
01-16-2010, 12:31 AM
Utah is beautiful....but politically it's like Texas...

Marcus Bryant
01-16-2010, 12:40 AM
Not really.

balli
01-16-2010, 12:49 AM
As I don't live in TX, I don't really know, but I could presume it's sharply divided along red/blue, urban/rural, secular/evangelical lines, no?

Marcus Bryant
01-16-2010, 12:51 AM
Yawn. Oh, the standard media narrative.

baseline bum
01-16-2010, 12:53 AM
Nice, he apologized immediately. He might survive this if he goes straight to rehab.

... and blames demons.

Winehole23
01-16-2010, 04:31 AM
As I don't live in TX, I don't really know, but I could presume it's sharply divided along red/blue, urban/rural, secular/evangelical lines, no?You're leaving out Roman Catholics. Otherwise, it all more or less fits, except for the RGV. It's solid blue. Texas was blue at the Western tip too, in 2008.

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/packages/images/1min/election_results/maps/TX.jpg

I'm not sure what you mean by secular/evangelical. I take it you're not talking about differences between churches, but some sort of believer/non-believer split. I'm not sure the word evangelical belongs there. It's a style of church, not belief as such.

Winehole23
01-16-2010, 04:33 AM
Dallas, but not Tarrant County (Ft. Worth).

Winehole23
01-16-2010, 04:49 AM
Nueces County voted for John McCain.

Nbadan
01-16-2010, 04:58 AM
When that map turns more blue it's over for Republicans nationally...

Viva Las Espuelas
01-16-2010, 12:08 PM

don't hold your breath over that.

Wild Cobra
01-16-2010, 12:48 PM

He refused the brethaliyser. Some people think it's a violation of their fourth amendment rights. Some stated use that for cause to arrest you. Where the truth lies? Who knows.

At 12:17 AM, he could have been drinking, or could have just been really tired.

Any intelligent person will keep an open mind until the blood test results are out.

baseline bum
01-16-2010, 02:21 PM
He refused the brethaliyser. Some people think it's a violation of their fourth amendment rights. Some stated use that for cause to arrest you. Where the truth lies? Who knows.

Any intelligent person will keep an open mind until the blood test results are out.

Are you fucking retarded? What did he apologize for if he's not guilty? The lengths you go to to extend the benefit of the doubt to Republicans while jumping to conclusions on every conspiracy theory involving Democrats is comical and you're a ridiculous partisan hack.

symple19
01-16-2010, 02:50 PM
Are you fucking retarded? What did he apologize for if he's not guilty? The lengths you go to to extend the benefit of the doubt to Republicans while jumping to conclusions on every conspiracy theory involving Democrats is comical and you're a ridiculous partisan hack.

:lol

EmptyMan
01-16-2010, 03:12 PM

And all this time I thought they just cared about giving illegals jobs.

Oh, Gee!!
01-17-2010, 03:31 AM

so that's what you do? you wait for all the evidence before you make up your mind? good to know.

Winehole23
01-17-2010, 05:29 AM
To he who knows better, a mere rumor is good enough to confirm but no evidence short of criminal proof ever will be good enough to prove the contrary.

If you can't convict him in criminal court, he done nothing wrong.