PDA

View Full Version : Such a relief to have Pau back

DazedAndConfused
01-16-2010, 12:10 AM
He just makes this triangle offense work to perfection for the Lakers.

:toast

I'm feeling a little better about this upcoming roadie now that he's back.

Donkeybong
01-16-2010, 12:12 AM
im more concerned about kobe's health. I would order Kobe to take 2 weeks off if i was in charge.

DazedAndConfused
01-16-2010, 12:20 AM
Well the ASB is coming up soon so hopefully he can get some rest then.

We both know Kobe isn't going to take any time off to heal.

BlackSwordsMan
01-16-2010, 12:25 AM
kobe is old time to hang up those shoes

mystargtr34
01-16-2010, 01:06 AM
Anytime you lose your MVP your team will struggle a bit.

DazedAndConfused
01-16-2010, 01:08 AM

You take Kobe off the team and they probably barely make the playoffs.

Kobe sets the table for everyone.

Gouken
01-16-2010, 01:10 AM
Total domination tonight.

DazedAndConfused
01-16-2010, 01:12 AM
Absolutely, nothing says payback like a 40pt blowout.

Games like this are why I don't worry TOO much about the team when they lose. I know when they are hungry, motivated, and give their full effort they are extremely tough to beat.

I just don't see anyone in the Western Conference being able to hang with this team in a 7 game series.

WalterSobchak
You take Kobe off the team and they probably barely make the playoffs.

Kobe sets the table for everyone.

Than Kobe begins to eat they're dinner off that table. Cause he is a selfish fuck.

Man In Black
See...told you Kobe CANNOT do it without a dominant interior presence. Bynum...I ain't talkin' bout you.

DazedAndConfused
01-16-2010, 01:13 AM
Then Kobe begins to eat their dinner off that table. Cause he is a selfish fuck.

I don't see them complaining.

Especially when the Lakers are winning championships.

WalterSobchak
01-16-2010, 01:16 AM
I don't see them complaining.

Especially when the Lakers are winning championships.

Your right, Kobe did all the complaining after he failed miserably from 05-07. But thank god they bailed his ass out with stealing Gasol away for garbage.

rhyputa
01-16-2010, 01:22 AM
+/-
+41 (KOBE)
Oops :king

Andrew Bynum
01-16-2010, 01:23 AM
+/-
+41 (KOBE)
Oops :king

I just saw that in the boxscore. Holy fuck.

Yet all the butthurt little fags are still bitching about him :lmao

WalterSobchak
01-16-2010, 01:26 AM
I just saw that in the boxscore. Holy fuck.

Yet all the butthurt little fags are still bitching about him :lmao

I thought Lakers fans looked at +/- as a bullshit stat? Especially since Duncan's career +/- destroys Kobe's.

Andrew Bynum
01-16-2010, 01:29 AM
I thought Lakers fans looked at +/- as a bullshit stat? Especially since Duncan's career +/- destroys Kobe's.

+41, lead his team to a 40 point win, go cry yourself to sleep fucking faggot.

ezau
01-16-2010, 01:30 AM

He's the Lakers' MVP, what more do you expect?

WalterSobchak
01-16-2010, 01:32 AM
+41, lead his team to a 40 point win, go cry yourself to sleep fucking faggot.

Your being very un-dude.

DazedAndConfused
01-16-2010, 01:35 AM
See...told you Kobe CANNOT do it without a dominant interior presence. Bynum...I ain't talkin' bout you.

Newsflash you need a good all around team in order to dominate other NBA teams.

WalterSobchak
01-16-2010, 01:37 AM
Newsflash you need a good all around team in order to dominate other NBA teams.

Or you can just continue to beat shit teams at home. Kinda like tonight.

DazedAndConfused
01-16-2010, 01:39 AM
Or you can just continue to beat shit teams at home. Kinda like tonight.

I agree the defending NBA champions have so much to prove to the rest of the league don't they?

ezau
01-16-2010, 01:42 AM
Kobe doesn't need a dominant big man in order to win championships. In fact, he needs two of them. Wait, any role player can win championships if he has two talented bigs covering his ass

WalterSobchak
01-16-2010, 01:43 AM
I agree the defending NBA champions have so much to prove to the rest of the league don't they?

Beat the Magic, Cavs or Celtics by 40+. Bet they can't.

DazedAndConfused
01-16-2010, 01:47 AM

What difference would it make?

You do realize there is a marked difference between the playoffs and the regular season right?

I suggest you revisit the 2001 Laker season. They had a rather unimpressive regular season, but followed that up with the best post season run in NBA history.

Defending champions are allowed a bit more latitude in the regular season.

TheMACHINE
01-16-2010, 01:49 AM

cool story, bro.

TheMACHINE
01-16-2010, 01:49 AM
please dont feed the trolls.

rhyputa
01-16-2010, 01:53 AM
Kobe's too tough to sit out games, if Kobe's sat out 16 games, Lakers would've lost about 15 games so far.

Kobe's the engine and Pau's the Mobil1.

MJ's near to nothing without Pippen. I'd rather have Pippen than Gasol in our team.

WalterSobchak
01-16-2010, 01:54 AM
Kobe's too tough to sit out games, if Kobe's sat out 16 games, Lakers would've lost about 15 games so far.

MJ's near to nothing without Pippen. I'd rather have Pippen than Gasol in our team.

Yeah, it takes a true Warrior with big balls to play through a jammed finger. :rolleyes

Def Rowe
01-16-2010, 01:55 AM

Nice offensive numbers tonight 30,20 and 20 between Kobe, Pau and Andrew Bonedum.

ezau
01-16-2010, 01:58 AM

It's the other way around. Pau is clearly the Lakers' MVP. That can never be disputed

rhyputa
01-16-2010, 02:02 AM
Yeah, it takes a true Warrior with big balls to play through a jammed finger. :rolleyes

back spasm you asshold.

james sat out 6(or 7?) games with a sprained pinky

Duncan stick his ass down the other days for what? dick sore? :lmao And spurs won.

today he's in, but spurs sucked:flag:

WalterSobchak
01-16-2010, 02:10 AM
back spasm you asshold.

james sat out 6(or 7?) games with a sprained pinky

Duncan stick his ass down the other days for what? dick sore? :lmao And spurs won.

today he's in, but spurs sucked:flag:

You mean that same back spasm that didn't seem to bother him while his team led the Mavs practically the ENTIRE game?

Asshold? Your being very un-dude.

ezau
01-16-2010, 02:12 AM
It really makes a huge difference if you have the team's MVP back. With Pau presence, role players like Kobe, Odom, and Artest can operate easier

TheMACHINE
01-16-2010, 02:14 AM
It's the other way around. Pau is clearly the Lakers' MVP. That can never be disputed

exactly

TJastal
01-16-2010, 02:16 AM
Thank god for Stern huh? For allowing that Kwame Brown for Gasol trade!

TJastal
01-16-2010, 02:17 AM
It really makes a huge difference if you have the team's MVP back. With Pau presence, role players like Kobe, Odom, and Artest can operate easier

:lol

TheMACHINE
01-16-2010, 02:18 AM
Thank god for Stern huh? For allowing that Kwame Brown for Gasol trade!

Stern? You mean Jerry West.

rhyputa
01-16-2010, 02:18 AM
You mean that same back spasm that didn't seem to bother him while his team led the Mavs practically the ENTIRE game?

Asshold? Your being very un-dude.

His big 2 settled the game, you can't deny that.
Sorry for being un-dude to tell the truth :toast

rhyputa
01-16-2010, 02:20 AM
I guess no Spurs fan knows that the Lakers were the 1st in the west conference before Gasol

TheMACHINE
01-16-2010, 02:22 AM

I agree...It sure does make a big difference. Hopefully the Spurs can make some kind of similar trade so they can become relevant again instead of a "has been" team like they currently are. Some kind of competetion with the Spurs would be great in the playoffs instead of rolling over like dogs. Bring back the old Lakers-Spurs Rivalry. :toast

Man In Black
01-16-2010, 02:25 AM
I guess no Spurs fan knows that the Lakers were the 1st in the west conference before Gasol.

If you didn't need him, then why the collusion? And really puta, check the standings after KBB drop-kicked #34. See your LAL losing a 3-1 lead to Phoenix and actually missing the playoffs. It's the reason your team isn't the team of the decade.
It's the reason why Gasol is that important.

TheMACHINE
01-16-2010, 02:31 AM
if you didn't need him, then why the collusion? And really puta, check the standings after kbb drop-kicked #34. See your lal losing a 3-1 lead to phoenix and actually missing the playoffs. It's the reason your team isn't the team of the decade.
It's the reason why gasol is that important.

4>3

j.dizzle
LOL at ppl stll butthurt, love it. Just think, you guys get to watch this for the next 4-5 years..Cheers

ezau
Hopefully the Spurs can make some kind of similar trade so they can become relevant again instead of a "has been" team like they currently are. . :toast

Kobe for Vaughn and Bowen. You said similar trade right?:toast

TheMACHINE
01-16-2010, 02:33 AM
Kobe for Vaughn and Bowen. You said similar trade right?:toast

Thats not fair to the Spurs. Kobe is a role player..Pau is a MVP. It should be Pau for Vaughn and Bowen.

rhyputa
01-16-2010, 02:33 AM
If you didn't need him, then why the collusion? And really puta, check the standings after KBB drop-kicked #34. See your LAL losing a 3-1 lead to Phoenix and actually missing the playoffs. It's the reason your team isn't the team of the decade.
It's the reason why Gasol is that important.

It's really a pity, if... ok no if.

Just check the starters of that team and see what they're doing now, you'll understand.

Lakers was the team of the decade. Spurs won 3 (-year of 99). Lakers won 4. Simple.

TheMACHINE
01-16-2010, 02:36 AM

Just check the starters of that team and see what they're doing now, you'll understand.

Lakers was the team of the decade. Spurs won 3 (-year of 99). Lakers won 4. Simple.

You're crazy bro. You know if the Spurs MVP, Tony Parker, was with the Lakers instead of Kobe during that season with the other starters...Cook, Kwame, Smush, Walton or Lamar...they would be in the Finals.

TJastal
01-16-2010, 02:37 AM

Lakers would have won shit without the refs and the Gasol gift. That's why nobody respects either them or their fans.

Danny.Zhu
01-16-2010, 02:38 AM
Gasol is just amazing.

TheMACHINE
01-16-2010, 02:39 AM
Lakers would have won shit without the refs and the Gasol gift. That's why nobody respects either them or their fans.

you're right...noone respects the lakers. SPurs are more populor and respectable. Just see the 2007 Finals ratings..thats respect right there.

rhyputa
01-16-2010, 02:42 AM
You're crazy bro. You know if the Spurs MVP, Tony Parker, was with the Lakers instead of Kobe during that season with the other starters...Cook, Kwame, Smush, Walton or Lamar...they would be in the Finals.

Yes bro 50%, coz Manu would've 50% chance to lead the spurs to the finals too.

mystargtr34
01-16-2010, 02:43 AM
Than Kobe begins to eat they're dinner off that table. Cause he is a selfish fuck.

Lmao good one.

ezau
01-16-2010, 02:45 AM
Thats not fair to the Spurs. Kobe is a role player..Pau is a MVP. It should be Pau for Vaughn and Bowen.

ok

mystargtr34
01-16-2010, 02:45 AM
I agree...It sure does make a big difference. Hopefully the Spurs can make some kind of similar trade so they can become relevant again instead of a "has been" team like they currently are. Some kind of competetion with the Spurs would be great in the playoffs instead of rolling over like dogs. Bring back the old Lakers-Spurs Rivalry. :toast

Cool story bro

Ice009
01-16-2010, 03:42 AM
I guess no Spurs fan knows that the Lakers were the 1st in the west conference before Gasol

Come on man. They were first by one or two games. Seriously what does first get you? They were looking more like the Dallas Mavericks or Phoenix Suns before the Gasol trade. A team that does great in the regular season and gets bounced in the first or second round of the playoffs. They didn't look anywhere near Boston's level before that trade.

I'm not trying to start anything up here. The Gasol trade was huge for them. Even though they were first I don't think anyone thought they could make the finals before the trade for Gasol.

Ice009
01-16-2010, 03:45 AM

I'd rather Marc Gasol.

Marc Gasol for Bonner and Finley should work money wise. How about that. Series would be awesome with the Gasol brothers going against each other.

Sean Cagney
01-16-2010, 03:52 AM
I'd rather Marc Gasol.

Marc Gasol for Bonner and Finley should work money wise. How about that. Series would be awesome with the Gasol brothers going against each other.

Not going to happen at all, so we will have to deal with what we have and make is a series off of that if we meet!

ChrisRichards
01-16-2010, 03:55 AM
Gasol missed the game against the Clippers Lakers LOST.

Gasol back and guess what? Lakers pound the Clips by 40 Freaking points!!!

Additionaly, the offense ran very smoothly with Gasol in the lineup.

If that's not a true measurement of MVP then I dont know what is.

:nope

Ice009
01-16-2010, 04:04 AM
Not going to happen at all, so we will have to deal with what we have and make is a series off of that if we meet!

Yeah I know, but I am just saying that is the rip off trade for me.

I'll take that trade if we could have a Pau Gasol like trade.

rhyputa
01-16-2010, 04:26 AM

Karman's not playing & Kobe recovered.
2nd quarter of the game, slippers put upa 11-2 run when Pau & Andrew in.
He's good, but too soft when facing athletic bigs
That's why he couln't win a single playoff game as the leader of grizzles. 12 lost in a row.

He's the mobil1, kobe's the engine. He's Kobe's Robin.

Ghazi
01-16-2010, 04:28 AM

Lakers could still win 55+ without Pau.

They would win less than 50 games without Kobe.

rhyputa
01-16-2010, 04:33 AM
And Gasol's % gets a lot better after he joined the lakers as the #2 option. Kobe has been creating plenty of easy shots for him.

They're perfect match.

rhyputa
01-16-2010, 04:35 AM

MiamiHeat
01-16-2010, 04:41 AM

Bullshit

Show me facts of this.

The Lakers don't need kobe to win 50 games. Lakers minus Kobe are still stacked with enough talent to be a 50 win team.

Problem is, Kobe is scared to miss games. He will be exposed as soon as he sits out for a while and the Lakers start winning games

Then people will think "Hmm...."

fevertrees
01-16-2010, 04:50 AM

Motherfucking COSIGNED

21_Blessings
01-16-2010, 07:54 AM
The Lakers are simply unbeatable when Bynum and Gasol play like that together. Three-peat likely.

Spursmania
01-16-2010, 11:07 AM
Total domination tonight.

Especially without Kaman.

Spursmania
01-16-2010, 11:08 AM
I'd rather Marc Gasol.

I'm all for that:p:

TheMACHINE
01-16-2010, 11:38 AM
Cool story bro

i agree....aint it coooool.

j.dizzle
01-16-2010, 02:35 PM
i agree....aint it coooool.

LOL at kobe scoring 30 & the twin towers puttin up 20 each..Throw a lil ron ron toughness & odom versatility in there & you got a motha fuckin beast. :toast

j.dizzle
01-16-2010, 02:40 PM
Btw how noiiiiice is it having 7 footers that can shoot free-throws...Thats BIG when your in the playoffs..Look at D12, dude shot like 1 for 10 FT's yesterday hahaha wtf? No post game & cant hit a damn FT, he needs to figure his shit out if he ever wants to be compared to Snack Attack in the future

21_Blessings
01-16-2010, 04:09 PM
Btw how noiiiiice is it having 7 footers that can shoot free-throws...Thats BIG when your in the playoffs..Look at D12, dude shot like 1 for 10 FT's yesterday hahaha wtf? No post game & cant hit a damn FT, he needs to figure his shit out if he ever wants to be compared to Snack Attack in the future

It is indeed great.

And it seems like Pau has been shooting a shit-ton of free throws when he was out with the hamstring injuries. Shooting 86% this season :wow which is way above his career high.

Killakobe81
01-16-2010, 05:13 PM
What difference would it make?

You do realize there is a marked difference between the playoffs and the regular season right?

I suggest you revisit the 2001 Laker season. They had a rather unimpressive regular season, but followed that up with the best post season run in NBA history.

Defending champions are allowed a bit more latitude in the regular season.

Why would you get in a discussion with A Spur fan about defending a title? WTF do THEY know about that?! LOL

Killakobe81
01-16-2010, 05:15 PM
Bullshit

Show me facts of this.

The Lakers don't need kobe to win 50 games. Lakers minus Kobe are still stacked with enough talent to be a 50 win team.

Problem is, Kobe is scared to miss games. He will be exposed as soon as he sits out for a while and the Lakers start winning games

Then people will think "Hmm...."

You my friend are not the sharpest tool on the shed. But I like your commitment to your Kobe hate ...if your team only played with such passion and dedication ...

namlook
01-16-2010, 08:03 PM

If Pau is the Lakers MVP then Mo Williams is the Cavs MVP.

21_Blessings
01-16-2010, 08:04 PM

Dejuan Blair is the Spurs MVP

mystargtr34
01-16-2010, 08:21 PM

Ok.

ChrisRichards
01-17-2010, 04:35 AM
You my friend are not the sharpest tool on the shed. But I like your commitment to your Kobe hate ...if your team only played with such passion and dedication ...
And I like your rabid approach to protect Kobe's manhood, homer much?:lol

namlook
01-17-2010, 02:17 PM
To all the dumbshits who like to troll with Pau being the MVP:

Kobe's simple rating is 45% higher than Gasols. +16.4 to +11.3.

Pau MVP my ass.

http://www.82games.com/0910/0910LAL.HTM

This just confirms what we can all see with our own eyes. Anyone who watches the games can see Kobe is the man behind the Lakers success. We don't need stats like this to tell us that.

WalterSobchak
01-17-2010, 06:33 PM
To all the dumbshits who like to troll with Pau being the MVP:

Kobe's simple rating is 45% higher than Gasols. +16.4 to +11.3.

Pau MVP my ass.

http://www.82games.com/0910/0910LAL.HTM

This just confirms what we can all see with our own eyes. Anyone who watches the games can see Kobe is the man behind the Lakers success. We don't need stats like this to tell us that.

Your stats mean nothing. Kobe aint winning shit without Pau. Simple as that.

Ghazi
01-17-2010, 06:54 PM

Pau can't win a playoff game without Kobe. Simple as that.

Lars
01-17-2010, 07:04 PM
The gift of Gasol really takes that team from average to dominant. My hats off to him for having such an impact.

Allanon
01-17-2010, 08:44 PM
Great to have Pau back to bolster the team.

Kobe has the Lakers with the #1 seed even with Pau missing almost half the season but the more powa the betta.

rhyputa
01-17-2010, 08:46 PM
Pau can't win a playoff game without Kobe. Simple as that.

Oops, the truth is so hard to accept :depressed

DazedAndConfused
01-17-2010, 08:47 PM
The gift of Gasol really takes that team from good to great. My hats off to him for having such an impact.

Couldn't agree more.

Without Gasol the Lakers are still a top team in the WC. But they aren't that much better than any of the other top teams in the WC.

With Gasol, they are just on another level.

21_Blessings
01-17-2010, 08:48 PM
Great to have Pau back to bolster the team.

Kobe has the Lakers with the #1 seed even with Pau missing almost half the season but the more powa the betta.

Yup. The trade put the Lakers past Boston except they were missing 2 starters in the finals. The Lakers healthy, a few months later, bent that 27-2 Boston team right over.

namlook
01-18-2010, 02:12 AM

Nobody wins without good players around them. Magic Johnson always had two Hall of Famers including a 6 time MVP. Bird always had two Hall of Famers and sometimes three. Bill Russell had 6 Hall of Famers on his team (besides himself). How many championships would Kobe win if he had 6 Hall of Fame Players surrounding him?

Now Kobe gets discredited because he has two-time all-star Gasol on his team? ROTFLMAO!

B-U-L-L-S-H-I-T

KidCongo
01-18-2010, 02:41 AM
Kobe would request a trade or the 6 other hall of famers to be traded.

j.dizzle
01-18-2010, 03:05 AM
Haters gonna hate,no surprises here