PDA

View Full Version : Gameboy advance

Shaolin-Style
01-16-2010, 10:57 PM
Okay I'm a cheap broke bastard behind the handheld gaming times, but I enjoy classic (semi-classic?) games so I got a pretty good deal on a GBA and wanted to play it in between breaks ect

I'm wondering about what some good games for it might be that you guys would recommend

IronMexican
01-16-2010, 11:03 PM
Obviously Pokemonn Fire Red or Leaf Green

TDMVPDPOY
01-17-2010, 02:32 AM
Obviously Pokemonn Fire Red or Leaf Green

dont tell me you played that also?

my bro has most of the pokemon games...i was never really a fan of it besides the cartoon show....

i remember in highschool friends were playing it during recess and lunch time

Mr.Bottomtooth
01-17-2010, 02:58 AM
Pokemon, Mario, and Yu-Gi-Oh was all I needed for the Gameboy.

Trainwreck2100
01-17-2010, 03:49 AM
golden sun, it was easily one of the best rpgs of all the last generation consoles.

koriwhat
01-17-2010, 05:03 AM
pokemon? give me a break! haha

Shaolin-Style
01-17-2010, 05:28 AM
Golden sun i remember commercials for that i'll look for that one. pokemon not really my thing since the red/blue things on the gc color.

any actiony kind of stuff that's good?

blkroadrunners
01-17-2010, 06:31 AM
Metal Slug was pretty cool, but it was really short though.

I also had Spiderman: Mysterio's Menace - that was a fun game (the X-Men version by Activision though sucked in my opinion).

If you are into Dragonball Z, the RPGs kept you busy. FF Tactics and Castlevania was good too, but I gave up on those games.

leemajors
01-17-2010, 10:58 AM
castlevania: harmony of dissonance and aria of sorrow are both pretty good.

BlackSwordsMan
01-17-2010, 02:12 PM
don't buy castlevania circle of the moon terrible game but those other two castlevanias are awesome

BlackSwordsMan
01-17-2010, 02:12 PM
gohastings.com having a buy 2 get 1 free deal but it's an online store

blkroadrunners
01-17-2010, 03:30 PM
don't buy castlevania circle of the moon terrible game but those other two castlevanias are awesome

Ya, Circle of the Moon is the one I have.

BlackSwordsMan
01-17-2010, 03:50 PM
you like it?

Mister Sinister
01-17-2010, 11:11 PM
The MegaMan Battle Network series was a huge favorite of mine, at least up until and including the third one.

sabar
01-18-2010, 04:01 AM
I dunno, I dont think I've touched the gba since the nDS has been out.

Pokemon is the exact same game as it was when it first came out, no point if you've played any of them before. Theres a couple metroid games if you want side scrolling action but they are short. There are a TON of remakes and re-releases of NES and SNES games for the gba if you want to go that route. That made up most of my games since I could play some classics on the go. Golden sun and advance wars were both critically acclaimed but I didn't care much for them.

Theres probably a ton of lists of the highest selling/best rated for the gba if you wanna scan them and see if they interest you.

baseline bum
01-18-2010, 05:17 AM
pokemon? give me a break! haha

I haven't played the GBA ones, but the Pokemons on the original gameboy were really fun RPGs.

stretch
01-18-2010, 11:51 AM
pokemon? fags

FF 4 5 and 6 are all far superior RPGs and less homo

z0sa
01-18-2010, 11:54 AM
I haven't played the GBA ones, but the Pokemons on the original gameboy were really fun RPGs.

Agreed.. in fact, these games came out when I was in 3rd/4th grade and needless to say, being a gamer I was impacted greatly by them. Literally everyone I knew my age who had a gameboy had red or blue.. I played through the Blue version but that was it. I'm sure the gold/silver and then platinum now etc are even better, though not my style anymore.

That said, obviously the FFs are superior games but they can't touch the replay value.

duhoh
01-19-2010, 01:21 AM
fire emblem/advance wars for tactical SRPG goodness.

blkroadrunners
01-22-2010, 02:11 AM
you like it?

It was fun from the start, but I got stuck at one part, and then I just stopped playin it.

TimDunkem
01-27-2010, 08:25 AM
There are a lot of good suggestions in this thread, but I didn't see anyone mention Advance Wars 1&2. It's a turn-based tactics game with a cartoony feel.

If you like RPGs, you can't go wrong with any game in the Fire Emblem series.

If you want to go real old school just get an old GameBoy Color version of Metal Gear Solid off of Ebay or something. It's excellent.

EDIT:
fire emblem/advance wars for tactical SRPG goodness. lol I completely missed this post. :toast

FF 4 5 and 6 are all far superior RPGs and less homo
Nah. Still homo.