PDA

View Full Version : You guys are aware the Playoffs aren't in January right?

JustinJDW
01-16-2010, 11:07 PM
Just saying. There is a lot of bitching and crying here on SpursTalk. Its getting real annoying. Calm down guys, its just basketball.

:toast

Buddy Holly
01-16-2010, 11:10 PM
Yeah, I mean we just lost two back to back games to inferior (well, they should be) teams but hell why are people upset? Everyone should be positive and smiling right now. :bang

timtonymanu
01-16-2010, 11:12 PM
yeah u mentioned it for like the millionth time. im aware that the playoffs arent in January. What worries me is that this team isn't showing me any signs that they can win it this year. Fans worry. It's all part of the game.

L.I.T
01-16-2010, 11:13 PM
It's just basketball? Damn...and here I was planning my whole life around the Spurs.

Whatever oh whatever will I do now?

Buddy Holly
It was November.

It was December.

It's January.

Is there a reason people always want to remind the forum what month it is?

relic
he's right we have alot of games , memphis is good...not great but there at home there young and fast and were on a back to back.

TIMMYD!
Still, we should be ass fucking these teams like we normally do.

Buddy Holly
01-16-2010, 11:14 PM
he's right we have alot of games , memphis is good...not great but there at home there young and fast and were on a back to back.

Their "good" is how you're rationalizing the loss?

murpjf88
01-16-2010, 11:16 PM
keep playing like this and their WON'T be playoffs in April.

timtonymanu
01-16-2010, 11:18 PM
So instead of being concerned after a loss, I have to look at the game and say it's only January and expect a championship come June.

raspsa
01-16-2010, 11:19 PM
A couple of stumbles after s good run the past dozen games or so.. to be expected and more stumbles in the future for sure. The important thing is to learn and I'm a firm believer that you can often learn more from losses than wins.

Buddy Holly
01-16-2010, 11:19 PM
So instead of being concerned after a loss, I have to look at the game and say it's only January and expect a championship come June.

Well yeah, otherwise you're just a terrible Spurs fan questioning the team after a loss[es] who should be kicked off the team bandwagon and stoned to death. :toast

murpjf88
01-16-2010, 11:24 PM
A couple of stumbles after s good run the past dozen games or so.. to be expected and more stumbles in the future for sure. The important thing is to learn and I'm a firm believer that you can often learn more from losses than wins.

Who, other than OKC, who's descent and a beat up lakers team, which we almost blew with L.A.'s second unit, have we beaten in that stretch?

What did the spurs learn from the loss to charlotte?

slick'81
01-16-2010, 11:28 PM
thank god next month it will only be February

narmerguy
01-16-2010, 11:33 PM
thank god next month it will only be February

That's the ticket.

spursfan1000
01-17-2010, 12:19 AM
I agree with this guy, dont get mad get glad..we cant control the games at all so dont get mad if we lose.

spurs1990
01-17-2010, 12:37 AM
OP, you do realize the very purpose of a sports message board is to critique the subject of the board, right?

What exactly should the posts be about in your opinion?

Stringer_Bell
01-17-2010, 12:39 AM
All season I've held it together pretty good, thankful for the flashes of brilliance I see from this team. But these last two losses are really shitty, in a way that the earlier losses were not quite as shitty. I hate seeing melt down threads, but after tonight I couldn't blame anyone if they felt like taking a nice big steamy fiber-rich shit on this team.

Sometimes it's like the Spurs only have 2-3 good/active/intense players all game trying to keep the team in it. Everyone else just sort of gets high and wanders off. :(

Chieflion
01-17-2010, 05:37 AM
Screw this bullshit. Where is the ItsOnlyJanuary troll?

TDMVPDPOY
01-17-2010, 05:46 AM
im also aware we are losing, if we continue to play liek this and aint clicking by playoffs, expect another first round exit

spurs_philippines
01-17-2010, 10:18 AM
so instead of being concerned after a loss, i have to look at the game and say it's only january and expect a championship come june.

amen!!!!

lurker23
01-17-2010, 10:36 AM
It was November.

It was December.

It's January.

Is there a reason people always want to remind the forum what month it is?

It's so everyone can keep up with the appropriate federal holidays; I'm expecting a nice MLK Day present from each and every one of you.

In all seriousness, I agree with the OP that sometimes the cliffjumping can be a bit overboard on this forum, and I often avoid the forum quite a bit after a loss. However, I feel the hyperbole has mostly been within reason the last couple of games. The Spurs have looked downright bad at times, and have lost two straight games to decent but not great teams. Generally, the "panic but don't commit suicide yet" attitude has been more in-line with reality than it usually is. That's not saying too much, but it's a step in the right direction. In this case, "raise the bar" means "lower the gun."

Bender
01-17-2010, 10:53 AM
I was waiting for an "It's only January" thread.

we're on the far side of January and the team still sucks, and gets beat by supposedly inferior teams. I've watched almost every spurs game since 2003, but I hardly watch the games anymore...

yeah, I know... what a fan right...? well, I lose interest watching the games when I see the "lesser" teams playing with more effort and intensity.

Chomag
01-17-2010, 11:32 AM
Just saying. There is a lot of bitching and crying here on SpursTalk. Its getting real annoying. Calm down guys, its just basketball.

Yep, they should just hand the Trophy to the Spurs this year. Why the hell should they even be working for it. :rolleyes

Chomag
01-17-2010, 11:36 AM
OP, you do realize the very purpose of a sports message board is to critique the subject of the board, right?

What exactly should the posts be about in your opinion?

This x1. There wouldn't be any reason to have these forums if we all thought the same way.

Bukefal
01-17-2010, 11:39 AM
Well despite some struggles, and Tony Parker being tired, I think we had a pretty good run over the recent games. TP still did pretty well, we should be happy that it changed compared to the start of this season. The losses of yesterday and day before, well, its just fatigue, yeah it sucks, but it's just the schedule.

Im positive, and I know we are championship contenders, we will be there when we need, plus even though seeing TP struggling like this, im not worried, he does his best and does pretty well. Im more worried about Jefferson being unable to find his role in this team, I think that's something that should change and I hope it will be soon

Chomag
01-17-2010, 11:46 AM
Well despite some struggles, and Tony Parker being tired, I think we had a pretty good run over the recent games. TP still did pretty well, we should be happy that it changed compared to the start of this season. The losses of yesterday and day before, well, its just fatigue, yeah it sucks, but it's just the schedule.

Im positive, and I know we are championship contenders, we will be there when we need, plus even though seeing TP struggling like this, im not worried, he does his best and does pretty well. Im more worried about Jefferson being unable to find his role in this team, I think that's something that should change and I hope it will be soon

This team is so up and down this season how is it possible to even know what we truly have with this team?

Look, this is supposed to be a title run year, but its heading into one of the worst seasons since TD arrived. All these excuses need to stop. Spurs just need to get their asses out there an play to win.

timvp
01-17-2010, 11:48 AM
The only thing worse than an "It's just __________" thread is a "It's just a game" thread. Impressive combo.

Chomag
01-17-2010, 11:51 AM
Yet still so many like to use this copy and paste crutch...

Bukefal
01-17-2010, 11:55 AM
This team is so up and down this season how is it possible to even know what we truly have with this team?

Look, this is supposed to be a title run year, but its heading into one of the worst seasons since TD arrived. All these excuses need to stop. Spurs just need to get their asses out there an play to win.

Yeah of course they need to, im not saying they shouldnt. They need to get their asses out and work their asses off. But the thing is, im confident about that, they will. Things are not working out like we've expected them to work out this year, but it still doesnt mean this season is worthless and that we are finished.

Strike
01-17-2010, 11:58 AM
It's just frustrating to see the Spurs win two games against good teams where you're not sure of the outcome, only to see them lose two games to teams they should beat with relative ease.

Chomag
01-17-2010, 12:09 PM
Yeah of course they need to, im not saying they shouldnt. They need to get their asses out and work their asses off. But the thing is, im confident about that, they will. Things are not working out like we've expected them to work out this year, but it still doesnt mean this season is worthless and that we are finished.

I totally agree with you there that it's far from over. There are just so many things that need improving on, and the current direction of the team is going does not seem to be resolving the issues.

This team is very much still in the title hunt but hey have to find a way to improve this team before they can consider being there. Coasting this year just will not cut it, because there is so much that needs to be worked on this season.

We can think up any excuse for any situation, but bottom line the Spurs just need to suck it up and play some real spurs ball, and go out there to murder whatever team thats on the court, be it the clippers or the lakers.

davi78239
01-17-2010, 12:19 PM
something is definetly missing both this year and last. The spurs use to man handle teams like OKC, Memphis............I think its a combination of old and just not good enough anymore and different faces (no more hard, intense D by Bowen, no more big shot Bob) Seems like a lot has changed since the run back in 08. It's all coming to an end. I'd be happy with them just getting in the lottery, making trades, and rebuilding. Why tail into the playoffs and get your ass kicked by a top contender? I say that should be the plan if nothing changes within the next month but that's just me.

temujin
01-17-2010, 12:22 PM
What I know is that

1) the Spurs are 2 games from second place,
and 3 games ahead of the 11th place. They have the 8th winning record, and the third payroll.

2) They have played a lot of bad teams, mostly at home (23 and 17).

3) Against elite teams (teams that went to Conference finals in the last 3 years), Spurs have played only three games, all at home, and won one.

4) They have issues with Parker (fatigue) Ginobili (can't hit a bathtub) and Jefferson (14 million dollars loser).

ffadicted
01-17-2010, 01:07 PM
lol spurs fans wanting them to win 82 games

TIMMYD!
01-17-2010, 01:13 PM
For how bad everyone is doing this year, (except for Tim) we're still an above average team though. That only shows how much upside this team has if everyone plays great.

JustinJDW
01-17-2010, 02:40 PM
SpursTalk.com. Where a couple looses on the road in January, equal the End of the World.

Chomag
01-17-2010, 03:36 PM
lol spurs fans wanting them to win 82 games

Nah, but a championship would be nice.

Budkin
01-17-2010, 03:38 PM
Give me a damn break. The fact is that this team is just not good.

spurspokesman
01-17-2010, 03:57 PM
yeah u mentioned it for like the millionth time. Im aware that the playoffs arent in january. What worries me is that this team isn't showing me any signs that they can win it this year. Fans worry. It's all part of the game.

+1

Obstructed_View
01-17-2010, 05:22 PM
Someone might ask the coach running playoff rotations if he's aware of that.

#2!
01-17-2010, 08:17 PM
For how bad everyone is doing this year, (except for Tim) we're still an above average team though. That only shows how much upside this team has if everyone plays great.

Which is why people get so frustrated. Spurs' fans are getting tired of seeing the obvious potential with such minimal, and inconsistent, progress in reality.

Silver&Black Warrior
01-17-2010, 08:29 PM
All season I've held it together pretty good, thankful for the flashes of brilliance I see from this team. But these last two losses are really shitty, in a way that the earlier losses were not quite as shitty. I hate seeing melt down threads, but after tonight I couldn't blame anyone if they felt like taking a nice big steamy fiber-rich shit on this team.

Sometimes it's like the Spurs only have 2-3 good/active/intense players all game trying to keep the team in it. Everyone else just sort of gets high and wanders off. :(

:lmao :lmao :lmao

spursncowboys
01-17-2010, 08:39 PM
This whole "this isn't the playoffs" shit doesn't work anymore. They have not show a consistent improvement. The bench is good and Timmy is being Timmy but I don't see anything being hugely different from now until the playoffs. Pop jumped ship for less. THere is no way anyone in the lockerroom is sitting around saying that they will be a threat by playoff time. They have endless amounts of talent but it just seems like no direction.

Crazymaddopeyo
01-17-2010, 09:39 PM
Their "good" is how you're rationalizing the loss?

Great teams lose to "good" teams sometimes. That's basketball, lakers losing to the clippers for example.

clubalien
01-17-2010, 09:42 PM
clearly the cowboys are aware the Playoffs aren't in January.:bang

OldSilentHill
01-17-2010, 09:52 PM
Cīmon guys, its only Sunday.

Sean Cagney
01-17-2010, 10:35 PM
Well yeah, otherwise you're just a terrible Spurs fan questioning the team after a loss[es] who should be kicked off the team bandwagon and stoned to death. :toast

I get the same thing said to me at times. Remember the old we will be fine and Spurs peak after March they use every year like clockwork! People need to realize these are not the SAME old Spurs who won the titles and it's a new day and age. January then did NOT matter, does it now? Time will tell with this team if they have it.