PDA

View Full Version : Strategy against the Nuggets

spur219
04-27-2005, 09:52 AM
The Spurs need to play Robert Horry at the center and take out Marcus Camby out of the paint. Marcus Camby is a monster in the paint and probably the best paint defender in the league. The Spurs need to isolate him. The hell with Andre Miller he won't go off for 31 again. The Spurs need to move the ball more and find the open man not go one on one or rush shots like they did in game 1. The Spurs have their work cut out for them and can lose this series in 5 or 6 if they dont make the proper adjustments. Pop really has to coach in this series not like his usual round one series. Isolate Marcus Camby and the Spurs win.

Jimcs50
04-27-2005, 09:56 AM
Horry can not play all the time Camby is in the game.

Andre might not go off for 31, but we sure as well will be paying more attention to him and that means Denver wins that battle anyway, because that will free up Anthony more or Martin.

Just stop worrying about Dever's individual matchups so much and start playing Spurs bball, and that is defend the paint and the arc, rebound the ball, attack the paint, and hit the open shots after the double teams come.

Simple as that.

GrandeDavid
04-27-2005, 10:01 AM
I think the Spurs need to focus more on the offensive end. Get Tony Parker and Tim Duncan involved early. I'd like to see Manu getting steals and loose balls even more than scoring. I'd also like to see Radoslav get at least a handful of minutes. Also, if you can get Bruce Bowen open for a couple of early corner threes, excellent. Get him feeling it. Same for Barry. The Spurs need to get every guy in an early offensive zone. I think their intensity and what's at stake will take care of their defensive intensity.

But if the bricks are still raining down, its ultimately gonna be on Tim.

exstatic
04-27-2005, 10:21 AM
MOVE THE BALL.

There was way too much isolation in the fourth quarter. When you do that, you play right into the hands of an aggressive defense. To wear out and discourage an aggressive defense, you have to move the ball. A crisp pass covers more ground faster than any player in the NBA.

CosmicCowboy
04-27-2005, 10:29 AM
But if the bricks are still raining down, its ultimately gonna be on Tim.

bricks or not it is still gonna come down to Tim's mobility and how bad he is hurting the Nugs offensively...Spurs need to force the Nuggets to "change" not the other way around...a lot of Spurs playbook is predicated on Tim drawing double teams and then kicking out to the perimeter for an open shot/ball rotation...until he forces Denver to adjust and start bringing the double team every time he touches the ball Spurs will continue to struggle with contested shots and Denver hands in the passing lanes...

I personally think TD is gonna come out on fire tonight and do some serious ass kicking...

nkdlunch
04-27-2005, 10:38 AM
The Spurs need to play Robert Horry at the center and take out Marcus Camby out of the paint. Marcus Camby is a monster in the paint and probably the best paint defender in the league. The Spurs need to isolate him. The hell with Andre Miller he won't go off for 31 again. The Spurs need to move the ball more and find the open man not go one on one or rush shots like they did in game 1. The Spurs have their work cut out for them and can lose this series in 5 or 6 if they dont make the proper adjustments. Pop really has to coach in this series not like his usual round one series. Isolate Marcus Camby and the Spurs win.

They did find the open man in the 1st game, they just couldn't make a shot, or passed on it(tony).

Offensive Strategy = If you're open, don't pass, call timeout, do stupid behind the backs, wink at your girlfriend, etc, make the fucking basket!!!!