PDA

View Full Version : Obama makes me miss Dubya

MiamiHeat
01-17-2010, 01:29 AM
At least Bush Jr. could get shit done.

Obama has a 60 seat filibuster proof senate and still can't get shit done.

and all of this pussyfied apologizing and bowing to foreign nations is making me sick.

I actually would rather have W in the white house over obama.

ChumpDumper
01-17-2010, 01:30 AM
Like what?

DMX7
01-17-2010, 01:38 AM
Yeah, Bush was awesome at getting "shit" done.

ChumpDumper
01-17-2010, 01:40 AM
What did Bush get done?

DMX7
01-17-2010, 01:58 AM
Maybe he was looking forward to getting drafted to go fight in Iran or North Korea.

George Gervin's Afro
01-17-2010, 08:27 AM

and all of this pussyfied apologizing and bowing to foreign nations is making me sick.

he only lied about getting us into a war. now we have obama who lied about the reconciliation of the house and senate reform bill not being on cspan. the horrah!

I misss dubya.. I miss im taunting our tradiotonal allies, taunting the enemy....those were the days! It seems like yesterday we had a congress who really showed the French govt when they renamed the freedom fies...

those were the days.. when shit got done.

spursncowboys
01-17-2010, 08:46 AM
What did Bush lie about?

byrontx
01-17-2010, 10:16 AM
What did Bush lie about?

You are being facetious I assume (wmd and all that for starters).

spursncowboys
01-17-2010, 12:39 PM
How did Bush lie about WMD's?

boutons_deux
01-17-2010, 04:01 PM
http://www.rawstory.com/images/new/bushit.jpg

baseline bum
01-17-2010, 04:02 PM
How did Bush lie about WMD's?

With a straight face.

Nbadan
01-17-2010, 04:31 PM
With a straight face.

:lol

he didn't lie, he just didn't tell the truth....see, there's a difference..

ChumpDumper
01-17-2010, 05:08 PM
How did Bush lie about WMD's?He said they existed and decided to go to war in Iraq a day after 9/11.

Nbadan
01-17-2010, 05:58 PM
Meanwhile back in reality world....

Obama’s Wins in Congress
By Ryan Teague Beckwith, Congress.org

President Obama set a new record last year for getting Congress to vote his way, clinching 96.7 percent of the votes on which he had clearly staked a position

That was a bit less than 4 percentage points higher than the previous record, set by President Lyndon B. Johnson in 1965, according to an annual study by Congressional Quarterly.

Congressional Quarterly has compiled statistics on presidential support since 1953. Editors select the votes based on clear statements by the president or authorized spokesmen before the vote.

In all, Congress took 151 votes in which Obama had taken a position ahead of time.

His wins in his first year in office included votes for creating a massive economic stimulus package, bailing out the auto industry, allowing the Food and Drug Administration regulate tobacco and confirming Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor.

Link (http://www.cqpolitics.com/wmspage.cfm?parm1=5&docID=news-000003276768)

panic giraffe
01-18-2010, 11:13 AM
MH haven't you already made this post like 5000 times?

Fabbs
01-18-2010, 11:35 AM
Yeah, Bush was awesome at getting "shit" done.
:lol
Bushes stuff should be packaged and marketed to Miami Heat as breakfast cereal.

It would sell out.

spursncowboys
01-18-2010, 11:56 AM
He said they existed and decided to go to war in Iraq a day after 9/11.

They do exist. Are you talking about about Saddam owning them? The entire intel community in the world and about every congressman who saw the intel said the same thing. Were they lieing? Was Clinton lieing when he said Saddam's WMDs were the biggest problem that he was passing on to Bush?

spursncowboys
01-18-2010, 11:59 AM
It's true Bush didn't spend as much money as Obama or buy as many companies as Obama in his eight years. However Germany didn't like us with Bush and now they cheer when Obama apologizes. So we are better off.

TheManFromAcme
01-18-2010, 12:45 PM

Oh Miami, I am with you. Man, I am with you......:toast

TheManFromAcme
01-18-2010, 12:48 PM
He said they existed and decided to go to war in Iraq a day after 9/11.

Yet we know they had em. I admit, the snafu was not finding them.
But my contention to this has and always will be, "Suspicion is good enough" especially when it comes down to our national security. I've never understood how any red-blooded American wouldn't want to shoot first and ask questions later. History has taught us time after time what happens when we become isolationists and wimps. Sometimes you just have to take that chance.

That's my opinion.

SouthernFried
01-18-2010, 01:58 PM
I disliked Bush. Because he was a big spender, not because of Iraq.

Bush seems like a meiser compared to what OBAMA has spent.

Ayup, OBAMA makes me miss I guy I didn't like all that much.

ChumpDumper
01-18-2010, 02:06 PM
They do exist. Are you talking about about Saddam owning them? The entire intel community in the world and about every congressman who saw the intel said the same thing. Were they lieing? Was Clinton lieing when he said Saddam's WMDs were the biggest problem that he was passing on to Bush?Clinton said Al Qaeda was the biggest problem that he passed on to Bush, not Saddam. I guess you still think they are all the same.

And if these WMDs exist, where are they?

But my contention to this has and always will be, "Suspicion is good enough" especially when it comes down to our national security. I've never understood how any red-blooded American wouldn't want to shoot first and ask questions later. History has taught us time after time what happens when we become isolationists and wimps. Sometimes you just have to take that chance.

That's my opinion.Sometimes you have to kill a bunch of Americans whether it's actually warranted or not, eh?

I disagree.

DarkReign
01-18-2010, 02:11 PM

That's my opinion.

I know, because Iraq's Navy literally almost made it out of the Persian Gulf. And man, that Army of theirs, whew...good thing we preempted Saddam from conquering the continent!

Thanks Bush!

balli
01-18-2010, 02:18 PM
Jesus. Some of you should be shot where you stand.

ChumpDumper
01-18-2010, 02:21 PM
Jesus. Some of you should be shot where you stand.It's ok if you ask questions later.

TheManFromAcme
01-18-2010, 02:21 PM
Clinton said Al Qaeda was the biggest problem that he passed on to Bush, not Saddam. I guess you still think they are all the same.

And if these WMDs exist, where are they?

Sometimes you have to kill a bunch of Americans whether it's actually warranted or not, eh?

I disagree.

Spying, espionage for that matter, is not an exact science. Never has been. You can task all the satellites you want and send all the "For eyes only" memos to the NSA but the fact of the matter is is that they did exist. One running theory (and I know it's only a theory) is that they were secretly shipped in a clandestine manner, into Syria which at last review, was a country that was not and still not friendly to us. CNN has been around for a while and as much as I despise that liberal network they showed plenty of footage with Saddam and his croonies parading their butts in downtown Baghdad a'la Red Square with all their toys mere months before any of the Gulf wars. Now you tell me, was that made up?

Dead American soilders? Not a new concept. All I can tell you is that freedom and our way of life has always had a price not far from the cries of the widows and mothers who lost loved ones in all previous wars and conflicts popular or not. These kids who signed up for service did exactly that,....sign up for service and not just play weekend warrior.

Bubba Clinton had his shot at Osama. Had him in his sights but refused to pull the trigger because of collateral damage. Lurking in the horizon was an event that forever changed the landscape of this country......9/11.

Death of American soilders is nothing new here man.

Marcus Bryant
01-18-2010, 02:24 PM
But my contention to this has and always will be, "Suspicion is good enough"

Not in and of itself. Now considering that Iraq's compliance with the terms of the cease fire from Desert Storm I was an issue, yes, there was doubt as to the status of Iraq's WMD programs. Bush's greatest error was selling a worst case scenario as reality instead of framing it as 'we don't know because Iraq hasn't complied and this is something we can't risk...' Or, honesty is the best policy.

especially when it comes down to our national security. I've never understood how any red-blooded American wouldn't want to shoot first and ask questions later.

Well, sure, many did. You would expect a president to let cooler heads prevail, to be hesitant before committing to sending soldiers into battle and however many billions to fund the war at a time of economic weakness for the country. Going to Baghdad was something Bush41 was hesitant to do, in part because of the potential casualties versus the benefit of doing so.

History has taught us time after time what happens when we become isolationists and wimps. Sometimes you just have to take that chance.

That's my opinion.

The thing we need to do in this country is stop measuring our national manhood by the prowess of the Pentagon. And "isolationism" is not the antithesis of invading every country that looks at the US funny. Further, it's easy to talk about being "wimps" when it's not your ass or a loved one's ass on the line.

rjv
01-18-2010, 02:26 PM
kind of like saying syphillis makes me miss genital warts

ChumpDumper
01-18-2010, 02:30 PM
Spying, espionage for that matter, is not an exact science. Never has been. You can task all the satellites you want and send all the "For eyes only" memos to the NSA but the fact of the matter is is that they did exist.No shit they existed. What evidence do you have that they still exist? We had Saddam himself in custody for three years. What information about WMDs did we get from him?
One running theory (and I know it's only a theory) is that they were secretly shipped in a clandestine manner, into Syria which at last review, was a country that was not and still not friendly to us.Another running theory is that Saddam destroyed them all -- which do you think is more likely?
CNN has been around for a while and as much as I despise that liberal network they showed plenty of footage with Saddam and his croonies parading their butts in downtown Baghdad a'la Red Square with all their toys mere months before any of the Gulf wars. Now you tell me, was that made up?Which of those toys were WMDs? Point them out to me.

Dead American soilders? Not a new concept. All I can tell you is that freedom and our way of life has always had a price not far from the cries of the widows and mothers who lost loved ones in all previous wars and conflicts popular or not. These kids who signed up for service did exactly that,....sign up for service and not just play weekend warrior.Those kids sign up to put their lives on the line. It's important to me that those lives are not wasted on a snipe hunt. You obviously don't care that much for their lives; that's your deal.

Bubba Clinton had his shot at Osama. Had him in his sights but refused to pull the trigger because of collateral damage. Lurking in the horizon was an event that forever changed the landscape of this country......9/11.That has and never had anything to do with Saddam.

Tell me what Bush did about bin Laden before 9/11. Be specific.

Death of American soilders is nothing new here man.Death of American soldiers on a hunch is stupid and shameful. I agree it's nothing new, but unlike you I would prefer to avoid such a waste of American lives.

Marcus Bryant
01-18-2010, 02:34 PM
Further, is "isolationism," apparently defined as not maintaining an imperial military across the globe and engaging in the ocassional invasion of a Third World country such a bad thing? It's not as if the country nor each of us as individuals are any less without that.

And yes, there are plenty of assholes in control of nation-states around the world. There's always plenty of worthy targets. Maybe it's not the mandate of this country to take them all out. As for national security, in raw terms, it's not necessarily enhanced by acting like the great American Satan aggressor. And 'spreading democracy' could very well lead to even more radical ME states.

TheManFromAcme
01-18-2010, 02:47 PM
Hunches are safe. Sorry you don't buy into that.
Thankfully, neither you nor I hold positions with the chiefs of staff especially you in a Liberal administration. Thank God almighty for that. We already have enough softies there as it is.

Running a countries defenses is not all about asking 20 questions and "making sure" you've done your homework. It don't work that way. Well, probably with softie Democrats maybe.

These kids are not the first nor will they be the last to get sniped out. It happened in WWI, WW11, Korea, Vietnam and any other engagement we have been tangled up in.
Your thinking is leaning on self-convincing mode that this nonsense should stop. It's not.
Your barbaric to think I relish the thought of our boys dying like that. Nothing can be farther from the truth. Your making this into somehting that isn't there.

I like us carrying a big stick. Always have. Always will no matter what the cost. Incidentally, please don't question my serivce to this country. I type what I do because I have earned the right as much as you do.

This is a forum for dialogue and to, at last check, have fun. I am not taking shots at you, personal or impersonal. I read as much as you do and am privy to as much info as you are. You don't hold a post at NSA, The pentagon, CIA, OSI, or any other agency nor are you a political science prof as I am not either. These are both of our opinions.

Thats all.

clambake
01-18-2010, 02:51 PM
"deliberately misleading"

Marcus Bryant
01-18-2010, 02:56 PM
WWI is a prime example in trusting an administration when it decides to drag this nation into war to 'spread democracy' and prevent future bad things from happening. Or, shooting first and asking questions later. We generally accept WWI as a good thing, as that is part of the national narrative that all wars engaged in were good, save for perhaps Vietnam. Nam is close enough in time that we remember the dissent, plus it was kinda hard to claim victory when you finished your involvement running away. Wilson was as much of an asshole as Bush, if not moreso and odd as a progressive hero considering he was easily the most overt racist individual to occupy the White House in the 20th Cen.

ChumpDumper
01-18-2010, 03:01 PM
Hunches are safe. Sorry you don't buy into that.
Thankfully, neither you nor I hold positions with the chiefs of staff especially you in a Liberal administration. Thank God almighty for that. We already have enough softies there as it is.

Running a countries defenses is not all about asking 20 questions and "making sure" you've done your homework. It don't work that way. Well, probably with softie Democrats maybe.

These kids are not the first nor will they be the last to get sniped out. It happened in WWI, WW11, Korea, Vietnam and any other engagement we have been tangled up in.
Your thinking is leaning on self-convincing mode that this nonsense should stop. It's not.
Your barbaric to think I relish the thought of our boys dying like that. Nothing can be farther from the truth. Your making this into somehting that isn't there.

I like us carrying a big stick. Always have. Always will no matter what the cost. Incidentally, please don't question my serivce to this country. I type what I do because I have earned the right as much as you do.

This is a forum for dialogue and to, at last check, have fun. I am not taking shots at you, personal or impersonal. I read as much as you do and am privy to as much info as you are. You don't hold a post at NSA, The pentagon, CIA, OSI, or any other agency nor are you a political science prof as I am not either. These are both of our opinions.

Thats all.So you like killing the youth of America indiscriminately because it makes you feel like you have a big stick.

Understood.

TheManFromAcme
01-18-2010, 03:10 PM
So you like killing the youth of America indiscriminately because it makes you feel like you have a big stick.

Understood.

I am comfortable knowing you know that's not what I mean and are reading into it much more than is required.

I, just as well, understand.

ChumpDumper
01-18-2010, 03:13 PM
I am comfortable knowing you know that's not what I mean and are reading into it much more than is required.No, that is precisely what you mean. There is nothing more to read into it. There is no depth to your argument and no thought put into it.

Young Americans die and you feel good about that.

spursncowboys
01-18-2010, 03:19 PM
I am comfortable knowing you know that's not what I mean and are reading into it much more than is required.

I, just as well, understand.
If he does understand, he plays a good job of moron.

ChumpDumper
01-18-2010, 03:20 PM
If he does understand, he plays a good job of moron.Where are the WMDs? You never answered the question.

TheManFromAcme
01-18-2010, 03:22 PM
If he does understand, he plays a good job of moron.

Me or Chump?

TheManFromAcme
01-18-2010, 03:23 PM
Where are the WMDs? You never answered the question.

They are in Disneyland.

Marcus Bryant
01-18-2010, 03:23 PM
And it's probably not a good thing to establish as precedent that the federal government should act first and ask questions later. Or, it's easily applied to domestic policy. Another reason why conservatives should drop this knee-jerk embrace of the military. It tends to enlarge the state and justify rushed state action.

DarrinS
01-18-2010, 03:24 PM
It only took six posts for someone to bring up Iraq. Good thing Obama has ended both of those wars and reversed all the unpopular policies of the Bush administration.

Hopenchange

ChumpDumper
01-18-2010, 03:27 PM
It only took six posts for someone to bring up Iraq. Good thing Obama has ended both of those wars and reversed all the unpopular policies of the Bush administration.

HopenchangeWe're trying to figure out what Bush "got done."

Iraq certainly isn't one of those things.

Marcus Bryant
01-18-2010, 03:34 PM
Of course, it should come as no surprise that Wilson embraced war as a means for the state to gain control of the national economy, towards the end of enacting whatever great progressive schemes he had in mind. Nowadays "conservatives" embrace the warfare state.

Shoot first, ask questions later.

Marcus Bryant
01-18-2010, 03:36 PM
Yeah, why would Obama make anyone miss Bush? If you liked Bush for the "War on Terror", then Obama's giving you more of the same, without all of the general hysteria and discord. Best move I've seen the establishment of this country make in quite some time.

DarrinS
01-18-2010, 03:37 PM
Of course, it should come as no surprise that Wilson embraced war as a means for the state to gain control of the national economy, towards the end of enacting whatever great progressive schemes he had in mind. Nowadays "conservatives" embrace the warfare state.

Shoot first, ask questions later.

Except for ending slavery, Fascism, Nazism and Communism, war never solved anything.

ChumpDumper
01-18-2010, 03:39 PM
Which war ended communism? Our invasion of the Soviet Union after Red Dawn?

Nbadan
01-18-2010, 03:39 PM
We're trying to figure out what Bush "got done."

On the contrary, Dubya got us into cluster-fuck in Iraq and consequently, Afghanistan, that is impossible to just ignore...

...but that's what wing-nuts expect us to do...

balli
01-18-2010, 03:44 PM
Except for ending slavery, Fascism, Nazism and Communism, war never solved anything.
Yes, because WWII and The Cold War were all about Wilsonian exportation of democracy. Not self-preservation or anything like that. Not at all.

Marcus Bryant
01-18-2010, 03:48 PM

What was solved by WWI? Not to mention, what exactly has the Iraq invasion solved?

Marcus Bryant
01-18-2010, 04:52 PM
Further, at least the former USSR offered the prospect of an existential threat for the country. Now we have to dream up scenarios under which a group which cannot get a bomb in someone's drawers to go off in a plane poses the same kind of threat to national security. But the bloody shirt of 9/11 will continue to be waved, regardless of whoever resides in the White House.

Nbadan
01-18-2010, 05:00 PM
What was solved by WWI? Not to mention, what exactly has the Iraq invasion solved?

.....it solved our Clinton-era budget surplus!

:downspin:

Seriously, Saddam should have been over-thrown, but it opened the Iraq oil fields to capitalists (and capitalist-like) countries....instead of Russia...that's what these wars are really about..

spursncowboys
01-18-2010, 09:32 PM
Me or Chump?
Chump.

spursncowboys
01-18-2010, 09:35 PM
We're trying to figure out what Bush "got done."

So Iraq is controlled by a dictator? Or we let it go to the terrorists? Seems Bush gave Baarry a pretty good situation to start from.

spursncowboys
01-18-2010, 09:41 PM
.....it solved our Clinton-era budget surplus!

Nbadan
...because it was a Depression.......wealth disappeared over-night, just like disposable-income spending for millions of Americans when the housing market tanked....

Speculation is not spending....you might as well burn the money because it can disappear...

ChumpDumper
01-18-2010, 09:47 PM
So Iraq is controlled by a dictator? Or we let it go to the terrorists? Seems Bush gave Baarry a pretty good situation to start from.Overthrowing Saddam was easy. Clinton almost did it by accident.

What "terrorists" are you talking about now?

If Bush got Iraq "done" why are there still troops fighting there?

jack sommerset
01-18-2010, 09:47 PM
I miss Dubya too.

spursncowboys
01-18-2010, 09:56 PM
Overthrowing Saddam was easy. Clinton almost did it by accident. :lol

What "terrorists" are you talking about now? exactly

If Bush got Iraq "done" why are there still troops fighting there?
1. Are we fighting there?
2. Who's president now?

ChumpDumper
01-18-2010, 10:00 PM
:lolWhy are you laughing? It's true.

exactlyNo, which terrorists were going to take over the country? Be specific.

1. Are we fighting there?Yes. Are you such an idiot that you don't know that? I believe it.

2. Who's president now?The guy after the guy who didn't get Iraq done.

Ignignokt
01-18-2010, 10:50 PM
overthrowing saddam was easy. Clinton almost did it by accident.

What "terrorists" are you talking about now?

If bush got iraq "done" why are there still troops fighting there?

almost!! Lol!

24/7

widespread!!!

ChumpDumper
01-19-2010, 04:15 AM
almost!! Lol!It's true. It illustrates how weak Saddam actually was. What specific problem do you have with that statement? Let's discuss it. Be sure to have your sources ready.

24/7

widespread!!!That doesn't make any sense in this case, but thanks for remembering everything I ever posted. We can tell it's important to you.