PDA

View Full Version : Is Obama A Republican?

Marcus Bryant
01-17-2010, 04:03 PM
http://reason.com/archives/2010/01/14/is-obama-a-republican

Cant_Be_Faded
01-17-2010, 04:05 PM
foreign policy was the one continuity that anyone could have seen before the campaigning even started.

its the easiest way to realize they're all working for the same people and goals

spursncowboys
01-17-2010, 04:10 PM
foreign policy was the one continuity that anyone could have seen before the campaigning even started.

its the easiest way to realize they're all working for the same people and goals

Maybe it's because these naive bleeding heart liberals get in office and realize how dangerous it is. How easily it is for us to be attacked. But it's much easier to just blame an unproven "war machine".

Cant_Be_Faded
01-17-2010, 04:12 PM
no i like my explanation better

Marcus Bryant
01-17-2010, 04:18 PM
Strange how the same politician hasn't let that stop his domestic policy advancement.

TheProfessor
01-17-2010, 04:22 PM
Maybe it's because these naive bleeding heart liberals get in office and realize how dangerous it is. How easily it is for us to be attacked. But it's much easier to just blame an unproven "war machine".
Anyone who paid attention to his campaign is not surprised by how Obama's conducted himself on the foreign policy front.

balli
01-17-2010, 04:25 PM
Anyone who paid attention to his campaign is not surprised by how Obama's conducted himself on the foreign policy front.

this.

Because uh yeah, as much as people want to enact revisionist history. And despite the fact that SnC was still in pre-school during the campaign, Obama's pretty much done exactly what he said he would.

In other news, this is the second thread where CBF's told MB how it is, and I'm yet to see a decent response.

doobs
01-17-2010, 04:25 PM
True, there are many obvious similarities between Obama and Bush in foreign policy and national security. But there are differences, even in defense appropriations.

Obama has modestly increased the defense budget while slashing defense R&D. He wants to employ more people in the military, perhaps at higher pay. That strikes me as being inspired by considerations other than defense of country.

Nbadan
01-17-2010, 04:29 PM

The obvious escapes even closeted-Republicans like MB...Obama is doing exactly what he said he would do...

Marcus Bryant
01-17-2010, 04:37 PM
Oh, the spin.

balli
01-17-2010, 04:37 PM
What makes this thread and sentiment even more of a fail is the presumptive notion that Democrats can't provide for America's defense or involve America in an armed conflict without being Republicans. The left isn't obligated to utter pacifism just because they thought Iraq was a completely unnecessary and horribly managed disaster. Which it was.

Marcus Bryant
01-17-2010, 04:39 PM
Yet more.

balli
01-17-2010, 04:39 PM
I'm [still] yet to see a decent response.

Marcus Bryant
01-17-2010, 04:44 PM
Ah yes, the boorish has yet to sufficiently respond tactic.

balli
01-17-2010, 04:47 PM
Ah yes, the boorish has yet to sufficiently respond tactic.
Yes, because your two-word posts were ever so well-thought out and substantive. How dare I be so boorish as to question their worth or validity? My apologies good sir.

Marcus Bryant
01-17-2010, 04:49 PM
Sufficient enough.

DarrinS just farted. Get on the case.

EmptyMan
01-17-2010, 05:08 PM
Perhaps Obama is just not willing to take the brunt of the hit from Bush's house of cards falling apart.