PDA

View Full Version : Was the last TD Pass by Favre and the Vikes uncalled for?

JBIIRockets
01-17-2010, 04:20 PM
Yes or No?

IronMexican
01-17-2010, 04:20 PM
This is the NFL. If it were college, then maybe. But this is the NBA. grown men.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-17-2010, 04:22 PM
If you don't like it don't let it happen.

Trainwreck2100
01-17-2010, 04:23 PM
yes, but i doubt the teams play each other again in the po's anytime soon for it to matter

Obstructed_View
01-17-2010, 04:24 PM
No, you keep playing. Besides, what difference does it make? Speaking as a Cowboys fan, I'm not somehow more sad about the loss because of an extra seven points. In fact, I want every member of that team and coaching staff to remember it. That destruction at the hands of the Eagles seemed to help the Cowboys this year.

Spursfan092120
01-17-2010, 04:24 PM
This is the NFL. If it were college, then maybe. But this is the NBA. grown men.
Hmmm....fucking Salvatore.

LakerHater
01-17-2010, 04:25 PM
If you dont like it, stop it!!!

Spursfan092120
Meh...didn't matter. They were way ahead anyway..kinda uncalled for, but Dallas should have stopped them...either way, it didn't affect the outcome.

badfish22
who cares

monosylab1k
01-17-2010, 04:26 PM
Running up the score in the NFL is okay and nobody really minds, unless it's the Patriots and then it's disgusting and a disgrace to the game of football.

symple19
01-17-2010, 04:27 PM
If there was a 'hilarious' option then I would have chose that one

Obstructed_View
Running up the score in the NFL is okay and nobody really minds, unless it's the Patriots and then it's disgusting and a disgrace to the game of football.

No, running up the score is just another of many examples why the Patriots are disgusting and a disgrace to the game of football.

Obstructed_View

:lol

monosylab1k
01-17-2010, 04:28 PM
No, running up the score is just another of many examples why the Patriots are disgusting and a disgrace to the game of football.

:tu cool story bro

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-17-2010, 04:29 PM

So if it's disgraceful for New England to do it why is it ok for Minnesota to do it?

monosylab1k
So if it's disgraceful for New England to do it why is it ok for Minnesota to do it?

Because they're the CHEATriots! :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao :lmao:lmao

timvp
Probably should have ran the ball. But oh well.

Ghazi
01-17-2010, 04:30 PM
As a Favre fan I didn't mind it one bit :)

TEAM OF DESTINY!

badfish22
01-17-2010, 04:30 PM

lol asshurt

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-17-2010, 04:31 PM
Because they're the CHEATriots! :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao :lmao:lmao

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao :lmao:lmao

Obstructed_View

Because only one of those teams is a classless disgrace to the game.

Warlord23
Of all the things that came out of the game, is this what Cowboy fan is going to focus on? Not the fact that your overrated O-line got its teeth kicked in? Or your D got torched by a 40 year old QB? Or Romo is still the same old Romo? Or Wadw Philips is likely going to get an extension?

Non issue.

DUNCANownsKOBE2

Way to answer my question.

monosylab1k
01-17-2010, 04:32 PM

ok

Obstructed_View
01-17-2010, 04:32 PM
As a Favre fan I didn't mind it one bit :)

TEAM OF DESTINY!

As someone who can't stand Favre I don't mind it one bit. Dude came out and did his job and beat a team that he's had problems with in the past. Like everyone said, if the Cowboys didn't want him throwing a touchdown pass, maybe they should have knocked the shit out of him.

mexicanjunior
01-17-2010, 04:33 PM
Apparently the Cowboys didn't care since they all shook a-hole Favre's hands. If Romo gave a shit, he would have decked that sorry M-F'er.

Obstructed_View
01-17-2010, 04:34 PM
Way to answer my question.

That was an answer to your question. The answer to your question was in my original statement. It's no my fault you're too stupid to get it.

monosylab1k
01-17-2010, 04:35 PM
It's no my fault you're too stupid

rofl irony

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-17-2010, 04:35 PM
That was an answer to your question. The answer to your question was in my original statement. It's no my fault you're too stupid to get it.

O nos! You called me stupid in an attempt to change the subject away from the fact you can't legitimately answer my question.

monosylab1k
01-17-2010, 04:36 PM
O nos! You called me stupid in an attempt to change the subject away from the fact you can't legitimately answer my question.

It's "no" his fault.

IronMexican
01-17-2010, 04:37 PM

Nobody besides dumbass fabbs uses that. No need for you and DoK to be that self-conscious. That's like so 2007.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
It's "no" his fault.

:lmao

BRHornet45
sons this is the NFL, not a charity flag football league ... you PLAY TO WIN THE GAME!

these guys are paid millions of dollars and there is NO SHAME in running up the score. when a team like Dallas comes out and disrespects the game by playing as shitty as they did, they deserve to get curb stomped until the final second.

Obstructed_View

Vikings - classy team that does one thing butthurt fans might consider classless.

Patriots - running up score is one of many things that the team does to earn classless reputation.

Good enough for you, stupid?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-17-2010, 04:38 PM
Nobody besides dumbass fabbs uses that. No need for you and DoK to be that self-conscious. That's like so 2007.

As long as people continue to call them a classless disgusting organization without giving legitimate reasoning behind it I think using that is perfectly justified.

monosylab1k
01-17-2010, 04:39 PM

No, it's "no". It's "no" good enough.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-17-2010, 04:39 PM
Vikings - classy team that does one thing butthurt fans might consider classless.

Patriots - running up score is one of many things that the team does to earn classless reputation.

Sorry, I forgot it's "no" my fault I'm stupid. So why is New England classless?

Spursfan092120
01-17-2010, 04:40 PM
Pats are a great team, but Belichick is classless as hell, and that rubs off on the team's appearance.

symple19
01-17-2010, 04:40 PM
you PLAY TO WIN THE GAME!

Hello?!

IMk5sMHj58I

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-17-2010, 04:42 PM
Pats are a great team, but Belichick is classless as hell, and that rubs off on the team's appearance.

Why is he classless? Because he wins games? I'm willing to bet a good sum of money no one would call him classless if he wasn't so accomplished. Popovich and Belichick are basically the same person so it's really hypocritical to call one classless and love the other.

monosylab1k
01-17-2010, 04:43 PM
What's funny is how an entire league full of hotdogging prima donnas pumped up with steriods have the nerve to call out one franchise for being cheaters with no class.

Spursfan092120
01-17-2010, 04:45 PM
Why is he classless? Because he wins games? I'm willing to bet a good sum of money no one would call him classless if he wasn't so accomplished. Popovich and Belichick are basically the same person so it's really hypocritical to call one classless and love the other.
Garbage...Popovich shows respect to his opponents, win or lose. Belichick walks off the field and doesn't shake the opposing coach or players hands when they lose. THAT'S why he's classless.

IronMexican
01-17-2010, 04:46 PM
It's almost like you talked about his mother.

monosylab1k
01-17-2010, 04:46 PM
Garbage...Popovich shows respect to his opponents, win or lose. Belichick walks off the field and doesn't shake the opposing coach or players hands when they lose. THAT'S why he's classless.

:cry :cry :cry

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-17-2010, 04:47 PM

Other than the Giants superbowl I can't think of a game where Belichick didn't shake the other coach's hand. I guess one game makes a coach and entire organization classless.

Obstructed_View

Yeah, it should be really easy to find news articles on how Popovich left the court before the end of a Finals game, refused to shake someone's hand, lied on an injury report, got caught videotaping another team's practice or was called out by another team's players for the way he allowed his team to celebrate after a win.

Or maybe "no".

DUNCANownsKOBE2

It's almost like Belichick raped his mother.

Obstructed_View
01-17-2010, 04:49 PM

What's funny is that the Patriots fan was the first one in this thread to point out something classless that the Patriots do.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-17-2010, 04:50 PM
Not shaking hands is classless, this is however as classy as it gets:

http://cdn.faniq.com/images/blog/bowenkick2.jpg

IronMexican
It's almost like Belichick raped his mother.

I was referring to you and mono. Favre is one of the most disliked players on this forum. If people didn't give a shit with him throwing that TD today, I doubt people here would with anyone.

I think people just disliked it cause in 2003(Or 2004?), Bruschi said he lost all respect for the Steelers, cause they scored a late TD when the game was well in hand.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
What's funny is that the Patriots fan was the first one in this thread to point out something classless that the Patriots do.

If it's classless when the Patriots do it it's classless when the Vikings do it.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-17-2010, 04:51 PM
I was referring to you and mono.

I know you were.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-17-2010, 04:52 PM
Classy:

http://valleyofthesuns.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/nash-horry.jpg

jag
01-17-2010, 04:54 PM
Classy:

http://valleyofthesuns.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/nash-horry.jpg

let's not get silly here

monosylab1k
01-17-2010, 04:55 PM
Yeah, it should be really easy to find news articles on how Popovich left the court before the end of a Finals game, refused to shake someone's hand, lied on an injury report, got caught videotaping another team's practice or was called out by another team's players for the way he allowed his team to celebrate after a win.

Or maybe "no".
The Patriots never got caught videotaping another team's practice. Try again.

IronMexican
01-17-2010, 04:55 PM
Reaching

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-17-2010, 04:56 PM
let's not get silly here

I'm not getting silly. Body checking someone into the scorer's table isn't nearly as bad as not shaking hands.

Obstructed_View
01-17-2010, 04:56 PM
let's not get silly here

Yeah, a Patriots fan jumping into this so he could whine about how maligned his team is, joined by a Suns fan looking for an excuse to complain about Amare and Diaw getting suspended wasn't silly enough. :lol

IronMexican
01-17-2010, 04:57 PM

Not sure how true reports were, but didn't something come out about the Pats having the Rams Super Bowl practice footage? idk if that was true or not.

BTW, next time I call in, I promise a shout-out.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-17-2010, 04:57 PM
Yeah, a Patriots fan jumping into this so he could whine about how maligned his team is, joined by a Suns fan looking for an excuse to complain about Amare and Diaw getting suspended wasn't silly enough. :lol

Show me where I complained about Amare and Diaw getting suspended.

Obstructed_View
01-17-2010, 05:00 PM

You showed the picture of Nash flopping. Isn't that next? Maybe "no".

monosylab1k
01-17-2010, 05:00 PM
Not sure how true reports were, but didn't something come out about the Pats having the Rams Super Bowl practice footage? idk if that was true or not.

There were reports of that tape. False reports.

monosylab1k
01-17-2010, 05:01 PM

brah sorry but Nash flopped on that hip check anyways.

you should just find the footage of Bowen clearly trying to sweep Amare's legs as he went up for a dunk, I believe in that same series.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-17-2010, 05:01 PM
You showed the picture of Nash flopping. Isn't that next? Maybe "no".

No, not really. Amare and Diaw deserved to be suspended, they violated a clearly written rule (I've said that countless times on this site), but that's not the topic here. The topic is that it's classless to not shake hands but it's classy to body check people into scorer's tables.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-17-2010, 05:02 PM
brah sorry but Nash flopped on that hip check anyways.

you should just find the footage of Bowen clearly trying to sweep Amare's legs as he went up for a dunk, I believe in that same series.

Or just refer to that pic of bowen in this thread. Pretty classy to drop kick someone IMO.

Obstructed_View
01-17-2010, 05:04 PM
No, not really. Amare and Diaw deserved to be suspended, they violated a clearly written rule (I've said that countless times on this site), but that's not the topic here. The topic is that it's classless to not shake hands but it's classy to body check people into scorer's tables.

And I'm "no" sure what any of that has to do with the Patriots.

monosylab1k
01-17-2010, 05:05 PM
And I'm "no" sure what any of that has to do with the Patriots.

No you are "no"

Obstructed_View
01-17-2010, 05:07 PM

That's correct. They were videotaping the other team's sideline during a game, and they only got fined $750,000 and had to give up draft picks.

monosylab1k
01-17-2010, 05:08 PM
That's correct. They were videotaping the other team's sideline during a game, and they only got fined $750,000 and had to give up draft picks.

thanks for correcting your mistake.

jag
01-17-2010, 05:10 PM
I honestly think the Patriots ran (and continue to run) a classy org. They were smart with their money and drafted well. Then Belichick turned them into a well-oiled machine.

Allegedly watching a team practice is not going to bring you 3 SBs. It made for great drama, but i don't see how anyone can honestly think the Pats got their edge by sticking some midget in a tree with a home video camera.

jag
01-17-2010, 05:11 PM

I thought it might go in that direction so i thought i'd interject to prevent any silliness. All in jest...DOK is better than that.

Roxsfan
01-17-2010, 05:17 PM
The goal of the offense is to score. If you don't like that, improve your defense and stop them.

EmptyMan
01-17-2010, 05:18 PM
These are grown ass men.

BRHornet45
01-17-2010, 05:20 PM
sons where is that butthurt report form???

Obstructed_View
01-17-2010, 05:30 PM
thanks for correcting your mistake.

You're welcome. Did it really change the tenor of the conversation? "No" really.

blink
01-17-2010, 05:31 PM
lol @ JBIIRockets being pussy hurt, he had to create the same thread on a spurs forum

balli
01-17-2010, 05:32 PM
No. But I'm not surprised that when I finally clicked into the NFL Forum, this was the first thread I saw.

jag
01-17-2010, 06:17 PM
Ya, the poll results has "pussy-hurt cowboys fans" written all over it.

HarlemHeat37
01-17-2010, 06:46 PM
Minnesota is classy? LOL..their defense is anchored by 2 cheaters that probably would have been suspended had Favre not joined the team..

iggypop123
01-17-2010, 07:24 PM
if it was me jared allen would not have any acl's left right now

samikeyp
01-17-2010, 10:14 PM

This.

Oh, Gee!!
01-17-2010, 10:25 PM
yes, it was gaudy. It was bad form.

SpuronyourFace
01-18-2010, 12:19 PM
Jerry Jones on the Vikings scoring the last TD:

They were playing the game, that's all."

Very true. Cowboys go their ass kicked as team. Should of stopped them if they didn't want them to score.

Stringer_Bell
01-18-2010, 05:15 PM
I can understand running up the the score, playing a full 4 quarters, against a a team that 1) ran its mouth off one too many times or 2) ran up the score on other teams in similar situations.

But yea, the receiver was wide open and that was poor play from the Cowboys. But it should have been a run play, Vikings proved their point and beat the shit out of the opposing team and maybe they get the first down and keep their defense off the field since they deserve a rest after such a great game...but it's okay.

It's cool tho, I think Sean Payton will see this and return the favor. :)

JudynTX
01-18-2010, 06:30 PM
I voted no. :D

sammy
01-18-2010, 09:21 PM
No. Cowboys should've taken care of business! All I heard on TV all week here in San Antonio were jokes coming from the Cowboys calling Favre old and he can't move for his age, and they were the hottest team and everyone just saying the Vikings were going to lose, well I guess he showed them and shut them out of the playoffs! I am a Favre fan and so I am glad for him to move his team on in the playoffs!:toast

I used to be a Cowboy fan when Tom Landry & Tex Schramm was in charge but once skeletor Jones took over and the disrespect to Tom Landry and Tex Schramm that was it for me! His disrespect of refusing to put Drew Pearson in the Ring of Honor also sealed it for me, so I can't support the Cowboys while that idiot owns the team!:bang

spursncowboys
01-18-2010, 09:50 PM
WIth it b3eing 4th and 3. I think it is wrong. Less than two minutes and up three tds, you run it and hope to get the three yds. If you don't get it, your d finishes the game. They have been great all game. No reason to have no faith in them then. They didn't need to do it. I agree that if you don't want them to do it, don't let them but we are talking about the vikings. That showed low class.

760Spursfan
01-19-2010, 02:25 PM
WIth it b3eing 4th and 3. I think it is wrong. Less than two minutes and up three tds, you run it and hope to get the three yds. If you don't get it, your d finishes the game. They have been great all game. No reason to have no faith in them then. They didn't need to do it. I agree that if you don't want them to do it, don't let them but we are talking about the vikings. That showed low class.

I don't think it was about not having faith in their D but sending a message to everyone out there who thought that Dallas was going to have their way with the Vikes. From all the attention that last TD got I think it worked!

LOL Brooking

johngateswhiteley
01-20-2010, 02:17 PM
fuck no. stupid to entertain such an idea.

TheManFromAcme
01-21-2010, 09:12 AM
Grown me. End of story.
You play all the way till the clock stops at 0.

I can't believe this is even being discussed.

The Gemini Method
01-21-2010, 11:54 AM
Apparently the Cowboys didn't care since they all shook a-hole Favre's hands. If Romo gave a shit, he would have decked that sorry M-F'er.

lol @ Cowboy fans all bitching...

So, this sorry M-F'er made your team look like complete whores and you'll take an unsportsman like act rather than send congrats to a team that just de-humanized your team? Straight garbage, end of story.

The last touchdown wasn't overdoing it, because this is sports. If you want the opposing team to not score on you--stop them. This isn't little league where everyone is a winner and even the last place teams get a trophy, but grown folk and it also isn't the NBA as Iron Mexican, no doubt a Raider fan, so eloquently put. So, stop with the fancy nancy whining and accept the fact that a geriatric legend made your defense look easier than Sky Lopez on ecstasy.

samikeyp
01-21-2010, 12:07 PM
Yeah...I was bitching by voting no on this poll.

Or maybe it was this statement I made in the other thread....

Or....Dallas could have played better.

Nobody is a bigger Cowboys fan than I but this is pro football...its not UT vs. SE Sisters of the Poor Tech State. You are paid to do a job. If you are on defense, you are paid to stop the offense and if you are on offense you are paid to get past the defense.

When you are in college or high school and one team clearly out matches the other and kids are involved, yes, running up the score happens and its crap. In the pros however, its all about grown men. Grown men don't whine about losing or the way they lost...they strive to get better. IMO, the Dallas players who are squawking about this are wrong.

Remind me again.... ;)

leemajors
01-21-2010, 12:42 PM
Hamlin loafed until the ball was in the air. I like Brooking's energy, but he should have directed it at Hamlin imo.

symple19
01-21-2010, 06:56 PM
Why is this thread still alive?