PDA

View Full Version : Milwaukee To Sign Stackhouse

Spurs Brazil
01-17-2010, 04:42 PM
Milwaukee To Sign Stackhouse

Jan 17, 2010 2:55 PM EST
The Milwaukee Bucks will sign Jerry Stackhouse to a contract for the remainder of the 2009-10 season, according to NBA front-office sources.

Sources told ESPN.com that Stackhouse is expected to formally sign with the Bucks on Monday or possibly Tuesday.

After an audition for the New York Knicks in August, Stackhouse rejected an invitation to Houston Rockets training camp in October to replace the injured Rashad McCants when the Rockets told Stackhouse he'd have to win a roster spot in camp to stick.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/64087/20100117/milwaukee_to_sign_stackhouse/

blkroadrunners
01-17-2010, 04:57 PM
Should give the Bucks some depth w/ Redd out for the year, although he's well past his prime.

sribb43
01-17-2010, 06:31 PM
He wouuld still be the Mavs best SG

Agloco
01-17-2010, 09:26 PM
Stack must be hard-up for some cash. Why the hell is he signing in an irrelevant wasteland?

I-Ball
01-18-2010, 05:26 AM
Stack must be hard-up for some cash. Why the hell is he signing in an irrelevant wasteland?

making money and the misbelief to be still an above-average basketballplayer

baseline bum
01-18-2010, 05:31 AM
If I was an NBA player with no real legacy to ruin, I'd play until the bitter end when I couldn't make a roster. Of course, if I'm Jordan I don't come back and embarrass myself in Washington.

duncan228
01-18-2010, 02:40 PM
Stackhouse will join Bucks on Wednesday (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-bucks-stackhouse&prov=ap&type=lgns)
By Chris Duncan

Jerry Stackhouse will join the Bucks when they return to Milwaukee and may see action in their next game on Wednesday.

The Bucks and Stackhouse have agreed to a contract for the rest of this season, and coach Scott Skiles says he will be activated for Wednesday’s game against Toronto.

The Bucks are in need of a scoring threat after guard Michael Redd suffered a season-ending knee injury last Sunday. Milwaukee played Houston on Monday, the last leg of a six-game road trip.

The 35-year-old Stackhouse played in only 10 games for Dallas last season. He was traded to Memphis in July, then became an unrestricted free agent the next day.

monosylab1k
01-18-2010, 05:16 PM
I still love Stackhouse and wish him the best, but the guy is finished. Milwaukee would be better off calling up a D-Leaguer.