PDA

View Full Version : Mavs fans: Bynum for Dirk

milkshakeballa
01-17-2010, 06:27 PM
Hypothetical obviously...Cuban wouldn't do it..

But would you guys do this?

Bynum + fillers for Dirk?

noob cake
01-17-2010, 06:35 PM
Stop trying to trade your overpaid scrub for the best PF in the league

Ghazi
01-17-2010, 06:36 PM
Nah. This trade isn't as lopsided as it seems though if the Mavs were trying to blow it up a 21 YO center wouldn't be a bad piece to net for Dirk.

This wouldn't be that good for Lakers either IMO they get a player 10 years older and lose interior defense although their offense would be monstrously efficient with Pau/Kobe/Dirk.

Darthkiller
01-17-2010, 06:56 PM
mavs do it. because they know dirk would return to dallas in FA next year.

iggypop123
01-17-2010, 07:18 PM
mavs do it. because they know dirk would return to dallas in FA next year.

not for the MLE

blink
01-17-2010, 08:18 PM
the fck?

baseline bum
01-17-2010, 08:20 PM
Maybe if Gasol was the filler thrown in.

Allanon
01-17-2010, 08:55 PM
I don't see why the Lakers would make the trade. Dirk is obviously a great player but his age doesn't fit in with the Lakers.

Dirk's a 25/8 guy. Bynum's a 20/10 guy and possibly even a 25/10 guy in a few years.

The Lakers have more than they need to win a championship. By the time Kobe slows down, they can look to Bynum to keep the ball rolling.

Dirk unfortunately, is the same age as Kobe.

mavsfan1000
01-17-2010, 09:16 PM
No way. Dirk is the only player doing anything for this team this year.

baseline bum
01-17-2010, 09:19 PM
I don't see why the Lakers would make the trade. Dirk is obviously a great player but his age doesn't fit in with the Lakers.

Dirk's a 25/8 guy. Bynum's a 20/10 guy and possibly even a 25/10 guy in a few years.

The Lakers have more than they need to win a championship. By the time Kobe slows down, they can look to Bynum to keep the ball rolling.

Dirk unfortunately, is the same age as Kobe.

What??? Bynum's a 16/8 guy. Of course the Lakers would trade Bynum + crap for Nowitzki. Do you know how much of the interior that would open for Bryant and Gasol? Dirk's a first-ballot Hall of Famer who looks to have another couple of prime years left. He's still a year-in year-out MVP candidate, and the Lakers wouldn't give up an injury prone and erratic player like Bynum for the chance to have a top 5 penetrator, a top 5 post player, and a top 5 shooter together?

Allanon
01-17-2010, 09:26 PM
What??? Bynum's a 16/8 guy. Of course the Lakers would trade Bynum + crap for Nowitzki. Do you know how much of the interior that would open for Bryant and Gasol? Dirk's a first-ballot Hall of Famer who looks to have another couple of prime years left. He's still a year-in year-out MVP candidate, and the Lakers wouldn't give up an injury prone and erratic player like Bynum for the chance to have a top 5 penetrator, a top 5 post player, and a top 5 shooter together?

Dirk's obviously >> Bynum. However, his age doesn't make sense for the Lakers since he's Kobe's age. At age 22, Bynum has over a decade left in him.

Bynum's 16/8 with Pau but in almost 20 games without Pau, Bynum's averaging like 20/11. Bynum just doesn't get enough touches behind Kobe/Pau.

Problem with Dirk is the Lakers just don't need him. Even without Bynum the Lakers won the Championship.

Even without Dirk, the Lakers are probably one of the Championship favorites for the next 5 years. Adding Dirk is just overkill.

With Bynum, the Lakers can win now and keep on winning even when Kobe steps into the #2 and #3 role.

Allanon
01-17-2010, 09:35 PM
In fact, with Dwight having a down year and Yao out injured, you could say Bynum's the best "real" Center in the NBA right now.

mavs>spurs2
01-17-2010, 09:36 PM
I don't see why this makes sense for either team. Bynum will be good long term. The lakers don't need Dirk and Gasol, interior defense would suffer and there wouldn't be enough shots to go around. The mavs aren't selling out the guy who single handedly made their franchise relevant. If it's up to me, I either pull something out of my ass in order to compete presently, or I do this trade and start rebuilding for the future and let dirk be free to get his ring.

21_Blessings
01-17-2010, 09:55 PM
What??? Bynum's a 16/8 guy. Of course the Lakers would trade Bynum + crap for Nowitzki.

Bynum is a 20/10 player as the 2nd option. PROVEN. Dirk is not scoring 25 fucking points with Kobe Bryant on his team.

Dirk trying to play center on defense? :lol

Do you know how much of the interior that would open for Bryant and Gasol? Dirk's a first-ballot Hall of Famer who looks to have another couple of prime years left. He's still a year-in year-out MVP candidate, and the Lakers wouldn't give up an injury prone and erratic player like Bynum for the chance to have a top 5 penetrator, a top 5 post player, and a top 5 shooter together?

Dirk never deserved his MVP award, just like Nash. Please tell me more about a meaningless popularity contest.

Dirk would be a spot-up shooter on this Lakers team. He needs the ball in his hands, isolating people from the wing or top of the key to be effective. Kobe already does that and does that much better. So the Lakers trade a 22 year old 20/10 center for a 31 year old spot up shooter while getting drastically worse on defense. If Dirk had real low-post game instead of just a fade-away and could defend the center position the trade would make sense. But he doesn't. And he's old as fuck.

baseline bum
01-17-2010, 10:16 PM
Dirk's obviously >> Bynum. However, his age doesn't make sense for the Lakers since he's Kobe's age. At age 22, Bynum has over a decade left in him.

Bynum's 16/8 with Pau but in almost 20 games without Pau, Bynum's averaging like 20/11. Bynum just doesn't get enough touches behind Kobe/Pau.

Problem with Dirk is the Lakers just don't need him. Even without Bynum the Lakers won the Championship.

Even without Dirk, the Lakers are probably one of the Championship favorites for the next 5 years. Adding Dirk is just overkill.

With Bynum, the Lakers can win now and keep on winning even when Kobe steps into the #2 and #3 role.

It makes perfect sense, because you do all you can to win while Kobe is in his prime. Bynum will still be a nice player in 4 years when Dirk and Kobe are done, but getting another Kobe (which you almost always need to win a title) isn't guaranteed, and surely won't happen right away.

Dirk's not Glenn Rice; a guy who is going to need double screens all night. He's a fast bigman who can murder opposing frontlines with the fouls he draws, and he can get his shot off over anyone. Dirk and Kobe on the pick and roll would be the most unguardable play in the NBA by far.

If Kobe was 3 years younger, maybe I could see keeping Bynum instead, but with an aging star you go all out to win now.

Mr.ChugDynasty
01-17-2010, 10:18 PM
:lol at the lakers fans who wouldn't to this trade.
Bynum is overrated, get over it.
The guy can't stay healthy, and with his size, strength, and soft touch he should be DOMINATING games night in and night out. He doesn't.
Bynum is a glorified scrub who has the luxury of playing with Kobe and Gasol.

Swap Bynum with Dirk and the rest of the league might as well just give up.

baseline bum
01-17-2010, 10:20 PM
Bynum is a 20/10 player as the 2nd option. PROVEN. Dirk is not scoring 25 fucking points with Kobe Bryant on his team.

Dirk trying to play center on defense? :lol

Dirk never deserved his MVP award, just like Nash. Please tell me more about a meaningless popularity contest.

Dirk would be a spot-up shooter on this Lakers team. He needs the ball in his hands, isolating people from the wing or top of the key to be effective. Kobe already does that and does that much better. So the Lakers trade a 22 year old 20/10 center for a 31 year old spot up shooter while getting drastically worse on defense. If Dirk had real low-post game instead of just a fade-away and could defend the center position the trade would make sense. But he doesn't. And he's old as fuck.

Calling a guy a 20/10 player just because he does it for a couple of weeks to begin the season is crazy.

monosylab1k
01-17-2010, 10:20 PM
Dirk would be a spot-up shooter on this Lakers team. He needs the ball in his hands, isolating people from the wing or top of the key to be effective.

Are you retarded? It's called the first 6 years of Dirk's career, do a little research. Early in his career Dirk almost never operated in iso situations, he was always a spot up shooter and he was the best in the league at it. The pick and pop with Nash was unstoppable.

So it's safe to assume you really didn't watch basketball until the Gasol trade?

21_Blessings
01-17-2010, 10:24 PM
It makes perfect sense, because you do all you can to win while Kobe is in his prime. Bynum will still be a nice player in 4 years when Dirk and Kobe are done, but getting another Kobe (which you almost always need to win a title) isn't guaranteed, and surely won't happen right away.

Dirk is not another Kobe. And the Lakers won the title with Bynum playing on a torn MCL. They can win it with him healthy. It doesn't make a lick of sense to trade a guy 10 years younger to make your interior defense worse. The Lakers do not need Dirk's offense. The Lakers need Bynum's height, length and size. Pau is not durable enough play 40 minutes a night at center.

Dirk's not Glenn Rice; a guy who is going to need double screens all night. He's a fast bigman who can murder opposing frontlines with the fouls he draws, and he can get his shot off over anyone. Dirk and Kobe on the pick and roll would be the most unguardable play in the NBA by far.

Dirk is closer to a prime Glen Rice than he is to Kobe.

And the Kobe/Gasol pick and roll is way more effective than Dirk/Kobe pick and roll. Dirk would be great in a pick and pop with Kobe. But I'd rather the Lakers pound the ball inside than Dirk shooting 20 footers.

If Kobe was 3 years younger, maybe I could see keeping Bynum instead, but with an aging star you go all out to win now.

Kobe keeps saying he's going to play until he's 40. Do you doubt him? I wouldn't. Prime Bynum + 38 year old Kobe is better than 38 year old Kobe + no Prime Bynum.

JamStone
01-17-2010, 10:29 PM
Dirk and Josh Howard

for

Bynum and Kobe

21_Blessings
01-17-2010, 10:29 PM
Calling a guy a 20/10 player just because he does it for a couple of weeks to begin the season is crazy.

Bynum at 22 is about as good as Dirk was at 22. And Bynum has averaged that more than a couple weeks. Are you kidding me? Put Bynum on the Raptors with 15-16 shots pre game and he's easily posting Bosh scoring numbers.

21_Blessings
01-17-2010, 10:31 PM
Are you retarded? It's called the first 6 years of Dirk's career, do a little research. Early in his career Dirk almost never operated in iso situations, he was always a spot up shooter and he was the best in the league at it. The pick and pop with Nash was unstoppable.

So it's safe to assume you really didn't watch basketball until the Gasol trade?

Are you fucking stupid? Nash/Dirk/Finley went absolutely nowhere in the playoffs. Yeah they sure were unstoppable despite having TWO MVPS!

Have you even watched a championship basketball team operate?

mavsfan1000
01-17-2010, 10:31 PM
Dirk is not another Kobe. And the Lakers won the title with Bynum playing on a torn MCL. They can win it with him healthy. It doesn't make a lick of sense to trade a guy 10 years younger to make your interior defense worse. The Lakers do not need Dirk's offense. The Lakers need Bynum's height, length and size. Pau is not durable enough play 40 minutes a night at center.

Dirk is closer to a prime Glen Rice than he is to Kobe.

And the Kobe/Gasol pick and roll is way more effective than Dirk/Kobe pick and roll. Dirk would be great in a pick and pop with Kobe. But I'd rather the Lakers pound the ball inside than Dirk shooting 20 footers.

Kobe keeps saying he's going to play until he's 40. Do you doubt him? I wouldn't. Prime Bynum + 38 year old Kobe is better than 38 year old Kobe + no Prime Bynum.
Dirk is right up there with Kobe. The only difference is Dirk's team sucks. He is the only guy doing anything and the team is embarrassing when he is on the bench. They are terribly dependent on him.

21_Blessings
01-17-2010, 10:32 PM
You are an idiot. Dirk is right up there with Kobe. .

:rolleyes

Keep telling yourself that Mavs fan.

21_Blessings
01-17-2010, 10:35 PM
Dirk and Josh Howard

for

Bynum and Kobe

Well the Mavericks would finally win a ring or three.

mavsfan1000
01-17-2010, 10:37 PM
:rolleyes

Keep telling yourself that Mavs fan.
No one has a better +/- in the nba than Dirk. Look it up. The team goes to crap once he leaves the game. They got terribly inefficient players around him.

21_Blessings
01-17-2010, 10:42 PM
No one has a better +/- in the nba than Dirk. Look it up. The team goes to crap once he leaves the game. They got terribly inefficient players around him.

Yeah like in 2007 when Don Nelson made him look stupid? Easily shut down by an athletic wing. Or Wade exploited his weak ass interior defense. Dirk has never, and will never be close to Kobe Bryant's impact. Kobe is an elite two-way player. Dirk is a one-way player that scores most of his points on jump shots despite being 6'10.

Dirk has plenty of talent on the Mavs roster and he's been surrounded by good talent most of his career.

mavsfan1000
01-17-2010, 10:45 PM
Yeah like in 2007 when Don Nelson made him look stupid? Easily shut down by an athletic wing. Or Wade exploited his weak ass interior defense. Dirk has never, and will never be close to Kobe Bryant's impact. Kobe is an elite two-way player. Dirk is a one-way player that scores most of his points on jump shots despite being 6'10.

Dirk has plenty of talent on the Mavs roster and he's been surrounded by good talent most of his career.
He's got crap on this roster. Howard is like Webber after surgery. Continues to fire up shots full of bricks. Shoots like Stackhouse now. Terry has declined a ton as well. Kidd can't drive anymore. It's amazing this team has done as well as it is. I guess when you have a player at Dirk's level, you can still win with a crappy team. Kobe knows how it's like to not have the talent. The Lakers missing the playoffs that one year. ;)

mavs>spurs2
01-17-2010, 11:00 PM
21homos it's time to hang up the oleeee nike's when mavsfan1000 is the voice of reason in your thread

Andrew Bynum
01-17-2010, 11:05 PM
Damn that guy overrates the fuck outta me.

Findog
01-17-2010, 11:07 PM
Yeah like in 2007 when Don Nelson made him look stupid? Easily shut down by an athletic wing

He's owned Stephen Jackson when healthy.

Or Wade exploited his weak ass interior defense.

:lol I forgot the part in that series when Dirk was assigned to check Wade over Harris, Terry, Daniels and Griffin.

Dirk has never, and will never be close to Kobe Bryant's impact.

Kobe is the best player in the league for now. Dirk is top 5.

He never played with an All Star in his prime. Duncan, Kobe, Wade, Pierce, Garnett, all played on powerhouse teams with at least another All Star. The Mavs remained near the top of the league despite Dirk never having played with an All Star in his prime. Nash left in 2004 and was a fringe All Star in Dallas. He would never have had the same impact had he resigned with the Mavs. Josh Howard made the 2007 team as an injury replacement for Carmelo, but that's it. He's been surrounded by several good players, but never another All Star that could make things easier for him. The Mavs would be a shit 25-30 win team without him.

21_Blessings
01-17-2010, 11:09 PM
He's got crap on this roster. Howard is like Webber after surgery. Continues to fire up shots full of bricks. Shoots like Stackhouse now. Terry has declined a ton as well. Kidd can't drive anymore. It's amazing this team has done as well as it is. I guess when you have a player at Dirk's level, you can still win with a crappy team. Kobe knows how it's like to not have the talent. The Lakers missing the playoffs that one year. ;)

I'd rather miss the playoffs due to injuries/coaching change and draft a good player than win 67 games and then lose to the fucking 8 seed. Lmao, Stern shipped that MVP award to Dirk UPS ground

No talent?. Kobe won a title with Gasol/Odom - 2 All-Star appearances combined.

Dirk had no talent? Nash/Finley/Jamison/Walker/Howard - 2 MVPs, 15 combined All-Star appearances. FIRST ROUND EXIT. :lmao :lmao :lmao

Again. Dirk is nowhere near Kobe Bryant nor has he ever been or will be even close.

21_Blessings
01-17-2010, 11:12 PM
He's owned Stephen Jackson when healthy.

In the regular season, not when it mattered. Dirk is good at winning regular season games. He sucks ass-shit when faced with adversity in the playoffs.

Dirk is top 5.

Not after you look at defense.

:lol I forgot the part in that series when Dirk was assigned to check Wade over Harris, Terry, Daniels and Griffin.

Dirk just forgets that he's 6'10 and plays power forward. 6'10 power forwards should be defending the fucking paint.

Findog
01-17-2010, 11:17 PM
Not after you look at defense.

His defense is greatly improved. He's not KG in his prime, but he's way better on that end of the floor than he was under Nelson. It's partly about being a veteran with experience - he's always in the right spot, his rotations are good, he can contest shots, he'll take smart fouls at the basket, etc. You can't have him check Duncan or somebody like that for long stretches without risking getting him into foul trouble, but I would have no problem putting him at the 5 for the final six minutes of a tight game.

Findog
01-17-2010, 11:18 PM
In the regular season, not when it mattered. Dirk is good at winning regular season games. He sucks ass-shit when faced with adversity in the playoffs.

He was hurt when they played the Warriors. His playoff resume is a lot greater than you give him credit for. The Mavs have won 9 series and 40-some games in the playoffs with Dirk. You act like he's Tracy McGrady or some shit.

Findog
01-17-2010, 11:23 PM
Dirk had no talent? Nash/Finley/Jamison/Walker/Howard - 2 MVPs, 15 combined All-Star appearances. FIRST ROUND EXIT

Yeah, they were the 5 seed and they lost to the 4 seed Kings. Both teams won 52+ games. And that was in an era when the West was routinely fielding six 50+ win teams whereas the East could barely field two. That Mavericks team sucked ass because they had six guys who could score 20 a game and had only one basketball, not to mention the chemistry-killing component that is Fatoine Walker. I would think a Laker fan would know a thing or two about having balance on a roster. You need role players like Robert Horry or Rick Fox that know how to play off stars and contribute without scoring 20 a game. Those Laker teams would've been better off with guys like Fox/Horry/Fisher than some 20 ppg scorers who would've had to sacrifice touches for Shaq/Kobe. I can't believe you're pointing to that 2004 exit against the Kings like it's some sort of mark of shame. Either one of those teams would've easily made the East Finals against Detroit.

21_Blessings
01-17-2010, 11:25 PM
Excuses, excuses, excuses. Dirk's defense is not good. Post-D especially. That's just fucking reality. His lateral quickness on that end is a joke and a half.

He's not Tracey McGrady and Dirk gets props for being durable/consistent. But he's had a way better situation in Dallas his entire career. Replace him with a healthy T-Quit and Dallas still chokes in 06/07 and never wins a ring while running off 50 wins every year.

If Dirk was 25 and I was starting a franchise I'd totally trade Bynum since we know Dirk is a sure thing. At 31? It doesn't make any sense when for the Lakers when they value defense over the redundant offense Dirk would bring.

21_Blessings
01-17-2010, 11:27 PM
No talent?. Kobe won a title with Gasol/Odom - 2 All-Star appearances combined.

Dirk had no talent? Nash/Finley/Jamison/Walker/Howard - 2 MVPs, 15 combined All-Star appearances. FIRST ROUND EXIT. :lmao :lmao :lmao

:toast

Findog
01-17-2010, 11:27 PM
Dirk's defense is not good

It's certainly not bad.

Ghazi
01-17-2010, 11:31 PM
The best player Dirk's played next to over the last 5 years is Jason Terry. Dunno where 21_Faggots gets the idea that the Mavs have been oozing with talent while Dirk's been here... Good 50+ win talent... but not championship caliber talent, 2006 and 2007 withstanding...and if not for terrible officiating you couldn't use the retarded Dirk can't defend the paint v Wade argument.

Findog
01-17-2010, 11:34 PM
The Mavericks have been able to surround Dirk with a good amount of talent throughout his career, but they couldn't get him a bona fide All Star to play with him in his prime. The 2006 version of Josh Howard was playing at an All Star level, and they won a conference championship. I would've loved to see what he could've done with a top 15-20 player in his prime.

Allanon
01-17-2010, 11:39 PM

I see your point about needing another Kobe, Baseline and I would agree with you if I thought the Lakers needed another player.

However, I think the Lakers have more than enough to be favorites for the championship for the next few years. Dirk would just be overkill for the now and nothing for the later.

I mean if you really think about it, the Lakers are #1 in the NBA while having their 2nd player out for almost half the season. Do they really need anything else?

And as a side bonus, they're developing their next franchise center to take over while still being in the championship race.

Lakers are setup now and for the future, the only thing better they could have done was to keep Marc Gasol.

Allanon
01-17-2010, 11:44 PM

Although I like Dirk, this part is true. I've always felt the Mavs have had a great talent base..more than enough to contend for a championship. They just lacked chemistry, 4th quarter execution and leadership.

There's really not much excuse for Dirk/Kidd/JHo not doing more.

Findog
01-17-2010, 11:47 PM
Although I like Dirk, this part is true.

What is true? Losing to the 2004 Kings in the first-round means what exactly? A championship roster needs balance - I'd rather have two 20 ppg scorers and a bevy of role players than 6 20 ppg scorers and one of them being Fatoine Walker.

Allanon
01-17-2010, 11:51 PM
What is true? Losing to the 2004 Kings in the first-round means what exactly? A championship roster needs balance - I'd rather have two 20 ppg scorers and a bevy of role players than 6 20 ppg scorers and one of them being Fatoine Walker.

It's true that the Mavs have had good talent.

The players may have not been the right fit and/or had chemistry problems but the talent was there. Both Dirk and Jason Kidd are sure locks for the HoF.

Hell, the Mavs were a couple games away from winning a Championship just a couple of years ago.

Chillen
01-17-2010, 11:56 PM
When Kobe was unhappy with the Lakers and making trade demands there was a rumor that the Mavs passed on an offer Kobe for Dirk, so if they wouldn't trade Dirk for Kobe they sure as hell wouldn't trade him for Bynum.

Allanon
01-18-2010, 12:02 AM
When Kobe was unhappy with the Lakers and making trade demands there was a rumor that the Mavs passed on an offer Kobe for Dirk, so if they wouldn't trade Dirk for Kobe they sure as hell wouldn't trade him for Bynum.

Kobe and the Mavs would have beaten Shaq and DWade in 2006 as Kobe has historically owned Wade.

sribb43
01-18-2010, 12:03 AM

i believe kobe had a no trade clause and he said he wouldnt come to dallas if Dirk wasnt here so that trade would have never happened anyways

Donkeybong
01-18-2010, 12:05 AM
only players i would trade bynum for are dwight howard or lebron

Findog
01-18-2010, 12:08 AM

Kobe wanted to play with Dirk. Dirk for Kobe was never going to happen, and not bc the Mavs wouldn't do it.

Andrew Bynum
01-18-2010, 12:14 AM
only players i would trade bynum for are dwight howard or lebron

:lol Come on now. Chirs Paul, Melo, Durant. Just to name a few. I still haven't even made it through a whole season as a starter yet.

milkshakeballa
01-18-2010, 01:16 AM
guys...i'm not saying i would or wouldn't do it...just trying to bring some intellectual basketball talk into the equation...

Xylus
01-18-2010, 02:21 AM
Another classic troll thread from milkshakeballa.

badfish22
01-18-2010, 02:22 AM
Hypothetical obviously...Cuban wouldn't do it..

But would you guys do this?

Bynum + fillers for Dirk?

:lmao:lmao:lmao

badfish22
01-18-2010, 02:23 AM
There's really not much excuse for Dirk/Kidd/JHo not doing more.

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

What? Josh Howard? Are you high?

baseline bum
01-18-2010, 02:42 AM
:lol Come on now. Chirs Paul, Melo, Durant. Just to name a few. I still haven't even made it through a whole season as a starter yet.

:lol

j.dizzle
01-18-2010, 03:04 AM
LOL at these wack ass threads

Cry Havoc
01-18-2010, 03:06 AM
:lmao at this turning into another, "Insecure Lakers fanbase attempts to declare the superiority of one Kobe Bryant" thread.

Allanon
01-18-2010, 03:25 AM
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

What? Josh Howard? Are you high?

He's a talented player is he not? He's like a Ron Artest, he can go down a bad path or a good path depending on his teammates.

Ghazi
01-18-2010, 05:25 AM
He's a talented player is he not? He's like a Ron Artest, he can go down a bad path or a good path depending on his teammates.

Actually, he's not that talented and has atrocious bball IQ... on a team with so many veterans and no "thugs" there's no reason for J-Ho to be as apathetic as he is sometimes.

I-Ball
01-18-2010, 05:35 AM

i doubt it. it's more about his mindset (or the voices in his head).
not really a thing you can controll as an outsider, otherwise the mavs organisation would have had success in forcing J-Ho's A-game out. they tried everything in the past (praise his effort, label him as vital part for the team success, run plays for him at the beginning of games, bring in an old buddy in darrel armstrong, etc.)

i'm starting to believe that josh howard is a lost case. if his mindset isn't stoping him from exceptional play than it is his body/health.

Muser
01-18-2010, 08:08 AM
:lmao at this turning into another, "Insecure Lakers fanbase attempts to declare the superiority of one Kobe Bryant" thread.

Indeed :lol

monosylab1k
01-18-2010, 08:52 AM
Are you fucking stupid? Nash/Dirk/Finley went absolutely nowhere in the playoffs. Yeah they sure were unstoppable despite having TWO MVPS!

Have you even watched a championship basketball team operate?

You said Dirk couldn't be a spot up shooter because he has to operate in iso to be effective. Which is fucking retarded because Dirk spent half of his career as a spot up shooter.

Did you even read your own post?

21_Blessings
01-18-2010, 03:02 PM
You said Dirk couldn't be a spot up shooter because he has to operate in iso to be effective. Which is fucking retarded because Dirk spent half of his career as a spot up shooter.

Did you even read your own post?

To get the most effect out of Dirk he needs the ball in his hand. I already admitted that Dirk would be nothing but a spot up shooter on this Lakers team dumbass. You don't trade potential 20/10, 22 year old centers for 31 year old spot up shooters. Is all I was saying.

noob cake
01-18-2010, 04:08 PM
To get the most effect out of Dirk he needs the ball in his hand. I already admitted that Dirk would be nothing but a spot up shooter on this Lakers team dumbass. You don't trade potential 20/10, 22 year old centers for 31 year old spot up shooters. Is all I was saying.

Top 5 player in NBA vs often injured scrub playing well recently, /:sleep

Lakers fans...sigh

21_Blessings
01-18-2010, 04:18 PM
Top 5 player in NBA vs often injured scrub playing well recently, /:sleep

Lakers fans...sigh

Do you even know what defense is, or how it works? You do realize it's 1/2 of a basketball game, right?

Lakers would be much worse defensive team with Dirk instead of Bynum. They're the top D team in the league right now in terms FG%. Why would you trade a top 3 center, thats only 22, in the NBA that can score efficiently from the low-block (which is fucking rare in the NBA these days) for a 31 year old that they don't even need? The Lakers don't need Dirk to win a ring.

Dirk needs the Lakers to win a ring. Not the other way around.

Overall Dirk is a better player than Bynum right now. Not denying that.