PDA

View Full Version : Kings of Leon

Dr. Gonzo
01-17-2010, 06:34 PM
Is there a more terrible and annoying band out there today? They are the Nickleback of 2010.

Fpoonsie
01-17-2010, 07:31 PM
I dunno. I like 'em, especially their older stuff, pre-"Sex on Fire" and "Use Somebody". I don't typically listen to pop radio, though, so I'm unaware if they're gettin overplayed a la Nickelback.

Duff McCartney
01-17-2010, 08:11 PM
I think they are a fantastic band. They have some amazing music. Their first album was raw as hell. I don't think they are anything like Nickelback, but I do think that Use Somebody and Sex on Fire are probably overplayed on the radio.

Their second album is still probably their best though.

Condemned 2 HelLA
01-17-2010, 08:45 PM
Absolutely awful.

PakiDan
01-17-2010, 09:09 PM
COMPLETELY wrong!!!! Kings of Leon is a great band!!! Obviously, you JUST started listening to them.... KOL from 4 years ago.... great stuff.

Ed Lover
01-17-2010, 09:16 PM
I think they are a fantastic band. They have some amazing music. Their first album was raw as hell. I don't think they are anything like Nickelback, but I do think that Use Somebody and Sex on Fire are probably overplayed on the radio.

Their second album is still probably their best though.

c'mon son!! getdafuckouttaherewitdatboolshit

katyon6th
01-17-2010, 09:33 PM
Kings of Leon at ACL 2006... fucking amazing. I can't believe you just compared them to Nickelback, midge. Fucking blasphemy!!!!

Viva Las Espuelas
01-17-2010, 09:35 PM
Better than eminem

I believe a full dishwasher on high is better than eminem.

DPG21920
01-17-2010, 10:01 PM
KOL is one of the best American rock bands out. People are so predictable. Yes, their old albums are gold, but their new stuff is still very good. Just because they are getting more popular, now people come out and say "the new stuff sucks".

That is true in some cases, but certainly not this one.

fraga
01-17-2010, 10:20 PM
You kind of have to be a fan of that rock a billy type sound to really appreciate them...especially for their earlier albums...they've strayed away from that a bit for their latest album...still a good band...I would recommend listening to other types of genres of music other than what you're used to...

z0sa
01-17-2010, 10:43 PM
you're wrong

leemajors
01-17-2010, 11:15 PM
they always seem to play in a breeze so their hair can fly out behind them

DPG21920
01-17-2010, 11:16 PM
They have a unique sound and they have a ton of good songs/albums. They are not some one hit wonders and whether you are into that style of music or not, I don't think you can really argue they suck.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-17-2010, 11:31 PM
I like ballsac

DPG21920
01-17-2010, 11:52 PM
That is just a terrible argument 4cc and even you don't believe the verbal diarrhea that just spewed from your mouth. Does Crisper Gloven have many good songs and albums?

mrsmaalox
01-18-2010, 02:09 AM
:lmao @ 4cc

I don't know if KOL sucks or not, but I listen to many genres of music and I like a couple of their songs. But basically I get real bored of them, real fast.

Xylus
01-18-2010, 02:19 AM
I'm not sure if KOL's massive popularity is really justified, but they're not a bad band. Comparing them to Nickelback is off-the-mark, definitely.

spurs_2108
01-18-2010, 02:53 AM
Just like others said, KOL earlier stuff is gold. Youth & Young Manhood is my favorite by them.

leemajors
01-18-2010, 04:56 AM
That is just a terrible argument 4cc and even you don't believe the verbal diarrhea that just spewed from your mouth. Does Crisper Gloven have many good songs and albums?

Did you Crisper Edit? 4cc flew way above your wavelength. Kings of Leon suck, unless the girl you are trying to hook up with or wish to keep continuing getting laid from likes them. It's ok to pretend.

KidCongo
01-18-2010, 08:01 AM
DOn't you mean the Kings of Rock :lol Saw that in an Aussie newspaper.

Thunder Dan
01-18-2010, 10:06 AM
I loved them back in 2006-2007. Now they are awful. That last album was the biggest sell out ever

monosylab1k
01-18-2010, 10:08 AM
Never listened to them before so I don't have an opinion on that....all I know is the one song they play on the radio constantly is definitely Nickelback-style butt rock at it's finest.

CuckingFunt
01-18-2010, 12:06 PM
I've had a lot of people who I trust musically rant and rave about how great they are (or were, depending on the person), but the only song I've ever heard of theirs is "Use Somebody," which makes me want to rip my ears off. One of these days I'll give their earlier stuff a listen if for no other reason than to satisfy my curiosity, but if it all sounds like that song I don't imagine the experiment lasting too long.

Duff McCartney
01-18-2010, 04:13 PM
I've had a lot of people who I trust musically rant and rave about how great they are (or were, depending on the person), but the only song I've ever heard of theirs is "Use Somebody," which makes me want to rip my ears off. One of these days I'll give their earlier stuff a listen if for no other reason than to satisfy my curiosity, but if it all sounds like that song I don't imagine the experiment lasting too long.

It doesn't sound like Use Somebody. I really don't know why they overplay that song so much. Sex on Fire is a better song, but Closer is probably the best song on that album.

Their earlier stuff is different. It's the same guitar bass drum sound but a bit more raw and not as polished. Molly Chambers is a perfect example from their first album.

Dr. Gonzo
01-18-2010, 04:15 PM
I like how all of a sudden everybody has been listening to them since their first rehearsal.

Duff McCartney
01-18-2010, 04:19 PM
I like how all of a sudden everybody has been listening to them since their first rehearsal.

I know I haven't...but I've listened to them for years before they became popular this past year. I don't fault anyone or care if all of a sudden people like them..not alot of people had heard about them before this last album.

Since their second album...Aha Shake Heartbreak. I still like that second one better than all the others. It's got some really good songs.

mavs>spurs2
01-18-2010, 08:43 PM
Congratulations to 4cc for saying that divine ichor flows through his veins. That unequivocally wins the prize for being the most reckless and unrestrained thing I've ever heard. What follows is a series of remarks addressed to the readers of this letter and to 4cc himself. The tone of his methods of interpretation is so far removed from reality I find myself questioning what color the sky must be in his world. I can repeat with undiminished conviction something I said eons ago: If I said that he can succeed without trying, I'd be a liar. But I'd be being totally honest if I said that 4cc says that he is clean and bright and pure inside. That's his unvarying story, and it's a lie: an extremely duplicitous and mudslinging lie. Unfortunately, it's a lie that is accepted unquestioningly, uncritically, by 4cc's followers. As a closing statement, let me emphasize that we have no choice but to view the realms of antiheroism and Comstockism not as two opposing poles but as two continua. The time to act is now.

mavs>spurs2
01-18-2010, 11:27 PM
I could write a very angry letter right now about 4cc, but I decided instead merely to express some constructive criticism. I assume you already know that 4cc is bent on smearing and defaming me, but I have something more important to tell you. He is brazen to such an extreme degree that he no longer realizes that he's brazen. That's not something that we learn in school—though it should be. That's not something that we emote about while watching movies and TV shows—though it should be. What it is is something that tells us loudly and clearly that in any decent society, 4cc would be just another pudibund sod standing on a streetcorner braying his nonsensical diatribes from atop a soapbox. Nevertheless, he has managed to gain some credibility among ungrateful incubi because they relate to her message that he's merely trying to make this world a better place in which to live. Okay, this letter has become much too long so I'll just jump right to the punchline: 4cc offers his confreres a vehicle of sorts for his revenge fantasies.

Dr. Gonzo
01-18-2010, 11:28 PM
I like elpimpo4cc.

dirk4mvp
01-19-2010, 12:06 AM
ooooh she's only seventeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen.

phxspurfan
01-19-2010, 01:32 PM
They're terrible -- absolute garbage -- I agree. However, I did find it funny when a woman called into the radio station and said her 4 year old was running around singing the lyrics to Sex on Fire.

Whisky Dog
01-19-2010, 02:27 PM
Kings of emo faggy faux rock.

Spurminator
01-19-2010, 02:41 PM
One of the few bands in history to be overrated by both the indie music snob set and the mainstream.