PDA

View Full Version : Greg Anthony, Tim Legler comment on Spurs troubles in Game 1

adidas11
04-27-2005, 12:09 PM
http://proxy.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs2005/news/story?id=2047337

MadDog73
04-27-2005, 12:11 PM
huh, won't load for me for some reason.

Stupid ESPN website!

MannyIsGod
04-27-2005, 12:14 PM
April 27, 2005

The San Antonio Spurs are the No. 2 seed in the Western Conference, but are down 1-0 after a shocking 93-87 loss to No. 7 seed Denver Nuggets. We asked NBA analysts Greg Anthony and Tim Legler what the Spurs need to do offensively and defensively to get back in this series.

How do you explain the Spurs 0-for-17 streak in Game 1?

Legler

This could be a sign that Tim Duncan isn't fully healthy and has no lift in his legs. He went a very un-Duncan like 7-of-22 from the field against the Nuggets after shooting almost 50 percent for the season.

Another reason why they may have had problems during that stretch is because of the play of Tony Parker. He's always been suspect in pressure situations and this game was no different as he was 6-of-17 and had just one more assist (6) than he had turnovers (5). Also, Denver's athletic front line of Nene, Marcus Camby and Carmelo Anthony bothers the Spurs quite a bit.

I think the Spurs will bounce back and win Game 2 as the big 3 of Duncan, Parker and Manu Ginobili get it done.
-- Tim Legler

Who should Bruce Bowen guard?

Anthony

It's a major disadvantage for the Spurs if Bowen doesn't guard Carmelo Anthony. The Spurs don't have another guy who has the size to handle Anthony down low. Though they lost the game, Bowen did a very good job on Anthony as he held him to 14 points on 6-of-14 shooting.

The bigger problem for the Spurs is their lack of offense. Duncan and Parker combining to go 13-of-39 is a much more pressing issue than their defensive issues because they can handle the Nuggets defensively. The Spurs have to focus on finding a way to get those two guys going as they get ready to play Game 2, which is a must-win game for them.
--Greg Anthony

MadDog73
04-27-2005, 12:36 PM
well, that was a total waste of time.

Yep, Spurs need to score points to win. :rolleyes

But thanks for posting it anyway, I'd have been more pissed off if I kept trying to access ESPN all day...

adidas11
04-27-2005, 01:13 PM
Word.