PDA

View Full Version : French article about TP and the NT...

Pauleta14
01-18-2010, 12:53 PM
http://www.lequipe.fr/Basket/breves2010/20100118_122338_ok-tp-message-recu.html

Basket - NBA/France

OK « TP », message reçu

Tony Parker a envoyé la semaine dernière le message du doute sur sa participation au prochain Championnat du monde. Il faut l'entendre.
http://www.lequipe.fr/Medias/Basket/201001/430x313/tony-parker-s-inquiete-deplus-en-plus-de-sa-meforme.jpg (http://www.lequipe.fr/Portfolio/Basket/bloc_photo.html?ID=1500000000024452)
Tony Parker s'inquiète deplus en plus de sa méforme.(REUT)

Tony Parker peut avoir le regard dur mais a gardé une bouille de môme. C'est bête à dire mais on en vient à oublier parfois que ce « baby face » aura 28 ans en mai et qu'associé aux 761 matches NBA disputés depuis 2001, ce qu'il donné à l'équipe de France est déjà un petit miracle. Et les beaux esprits -il y en a- qui le suspectent de venir sous le maillot bleu pour faire sa com' n'ont pas compris grand-chose.
Oui, l'ambition de Tony Parker est immense, sa soif de réussite et de reconnaissance aussi. Depuis toujours. Mais son vrai moteur est le défi et le reste en découle. Il ne confond pas les effets et les causes : il joue d'abord, du mieux possible, et ne s'amuse à parodier « Grease » avec son Eva sur son site qu'après. Tout le petit monde sportivo-pipolo ne gère pas forcément aussi clairement ses priorités.
Alors, quand les blessures récurrentes le minent après un été où le contrat de confiance avec les Spurs a, pour la première fois, vacillé (rappelez-vous son aller-retour express à San Antonio sur injonction du propriétaire avant l'Euro), il faut entendre ses arguments. Et le premier d'entre eux est de placer son possible forfait dans la perspective du probable dernier grand défi de sa carrière : les Jeux de Londres. C'est à l'Euro 2011 que le basket français aura besoin de tous ses talents pour allumer la fusée JO, pas au Championnat du monde l'été prochain en Turquie. Si Tony Parker doit faire le break salvateur, c'est là !
Et c'est justement parce qu'il a donné tout et même un peu plus à la sélection que ses principaux co-listiers NBA, eux, ne doivent pas faire l'impasse. A eux de relayer. Mike Pietrus s'est dit impatient de revenir ? Qu'il revienne. Joakim Noah aura gagné par sa saison un statut qui peut rendre caduque les réticences des Bulls ? On l'attend, on l'espère. Boris Diaw ? Il aime les Bleus et on est tenté de dire qu'ils participent à son hygiène athlétique. Batum ? Turiaf ? Arrêtons-là : même sans Parker, Vincent Collet peut emmener en Turquie une sélection qui puisse assumer le Mondial, sans rêves démesurés, donc stupides, mais sans crainte non plus. C'est ce que font les sélections vraiment mâtures et l'important, c'est après !

Basicaly, it says that the "message" concerning TP maybe not joining the NT next summer has been quite well received and shouldn't be a big problem with all the other NBA players available...
They understand that he needs a rest, blablabla...

To me, it looks like the goal of this article is to "prepare" the french people for next summer...:lol

tlongII
01-18-2010, 12:58 PM
Considering how many international players the Blazers have, I'm starting to hate this NT crap too. Nicolas Batum hurt his shoulder playing for France.

Bukefal
01-18-2010, 01:18 PM
Im always looking forward to his interviews for french press, his interviews in general, also the english.

Can someone translate the full thing? S'il vout plait? :toast

Pauleta14
01-18-2010, 01:32 PM
Considering how many international players the Blazers have, I'm starting to hate this NT crap too. Nicolas Batum hurt his shoulder playing for France.

Nicolas's shoulder was injured way before last summer!
It's a had bothered him for like 1 or 2 years, but he dealt with the pain...

It has nothing to do with the FN.
On the contrary, the blazers FO was quite happy with the way he played and the fact that he gained some experience...

NT can be usefull too! :lol

Brazil
01-18-2010, 01:35 PM

he was hurt before

Pauleta14
01-18-2010, 01:41 PM
Im always looking forward to his interviews for french press, his interviews in general, also the english.

Can someone translate the full thing? S'il vout plait? :toast

Sorry I don't have time, but like I said, the journalist takes the defense of TP, saying that we tend to forget that the "young" TP isn't THAT young with all the games he has played these last years, that his body needs a rest and he may not be available for the french NT next summer.
It says that France has enough talent to compensate his absence, with the evolution of Noah, Diaw, Pietrus... it should be ok

IMO TP WON'T PLAY FOR THE FRENCH NT NEXT SUMMER

so maybe we have a shot for next season! :lol

romain.star
01-18-2010, 02:01 PM
most of us French spurs fans here tend to agree on the fact that TP should not play next summer

Bukefal
01-18-2010, 02:04 PM
Well, I think it's a shame. I would have liked to see him with France on the WC. He just needs to be there :) TP = France.

But, it's the right thing to do. He needs his rest, so yeah

taps
01-18-2010, 03:05 PM
TP = France.

interesting, you're probably right. makes me wonder if he'll say 'no' the following offseason if he's totally healthy when he finishes the 2011 run.

Josepatches_
01-18-2010, 03:19 PM
I don't speak french but if I'm not wrong it says something about he will play in 2011 Eurobasket to qualyfing for the 2012 Olympic games.
That means 2 summers without rest at 29-30.

But maybe he will be out of the Spurs then so it will be a problem for other team

Bukefal
01-18-2010, 03:24 PM
Yeah, he will not play at the world cup of next summer, but he do wants to play on euro 2011, because his main goal is to get to the olympics in london, and the way to get there is Euro 2011, that's more important for him than the WC of next summer.

will_spurs
01-18-2010, 03:24 PM
I don't speak french but if I'm not wrong it says something about he will play in 2011 Eurobasket to qualyfing for the 2012 Olympic games.
That means 2 summers without rest at 29-30.

But maybe he will be out of the Spurs then so it will be a problem for other team

There's indeed a competition every summer, and what the journalist is saying is that if TP wants to take one summer of during the next 3 years, then next summer is the best, or the reasons you mentioned.

No need to translate more than that because this is an opinion piece and not an interview.

z0sa
01-18-2010, 03:29 PM
Paycheck or honor? it's easy to make that decision when you can have both.

Brazil
01-18-2010, 04:57 PM
most of us French spurs fans here tend to agree on the fact that TP should not play next summer

I do agree with that. TP needs a full summer rest.

ducks
01-18-2010, 09:35 PM
Good