PDA

View Full Version : sons say what you want, but the Spurs ONLY won because of the refs

BRHornet45
01-18-2010, 06:08 PM
sons that was one of the most poorly called games that I have ever seen. The lopsided calls in favor of the Spurs was downright embarrassing and pathetic. seriously with it being MLK day, do the Spurs have more blacks on their team than N.O.? I am just trying to understand the blatant favoritism today. Now a win is a win so props to you guys for taking advantage of the favoritism from the refs, but damn ... don't just take my word for it. Take your homer glasses off and go look at the stats ...

The Spurs had 26 more free throws than the Hornets ... 26!!!!!!! (Spurs 38, Hornets 12)

now sons you can say all you want to try and justify it, but no excuse is legit. there is absolutely NO reason for the free throw numbers to be that lopsided. maybe one team having 10 more or something REASONABLE like that, but 26?? really??? .... I'm just proud that the Hornets were actually able to make a game of it and only lose by 7 points. unbelievable.

td4mvp21
01-18-2010, 06:09 PM
Actually we won because the Hornets suck.

Chieflion
01-18-2010, 06:09 PM
Good thread, son.

BRHornet45
01-18-2010, 06:11 PM
Actually we won because the Hornets suck.

LMAO bandwagon jumping fraud. son who will be your favorite team next year?

BRHornet45
01-18-2010, 06:12 PM
Good thread, son.

son God bless you and your family!

DPG21920
son God bless you and your family!

Sons, tonight the Hornets were like Ghazi watching the refs (Tyson Chandler) give the Spurs some love.

dbestpro
The more agressive team gets the calls. You want to get the calls light a fire under your team's ass.

E-RockWill
01-18-2010, 06:13 PM
:depressed :whine :whine
:pimpslap
:nutkick:

Ginofan
01-18-2010, 06:13 PM
Well...okay. I mean if there's no "legit" excuse for anyone to argue...why make the thread?

Bukefal
01-18-2010, 06:14 PM
of course, the refs :)

Oh yeah;

Paul who?

Bukefal
:lol

Slomo
http://www.cikava.com/gallery/albums/Photoshop_madness/Raid.jpg

timvp
Posey is a punk.

God Bless.

-Kori

BRHornet45
The more agressive team gets the calls. You want to get the calls light a fire under your team's ass.

gimme a break! that is comical right there!

Bukefal
Nice sig though, at least that was worth watching this thread.

TJastal
sons that was one of the most poorly called games that I have ever seen. The lopsided calls in favor of the Spurs was downright embarrassing and pathetic. seriously with it being MLK day, do the Spurs have more blacks on their team than N.O.? I am just trying to understand the blatant favoritism today. Now a win is a win so props to you guys for taking advantage of the favoritism from the refs, but damn ... don't just take my word for it. Take your homer glasses off and go look at the stats ...

The Spurs had 26 more free throws than the Hornets ... 26!!!!!!! (Spurs 38, Hornets 12)

now sons you can say all you want to try and justify it, but no excuse is legit. there is absolutely NO reason for the free throw numbers to be that lopsided. maybe one team having 10 more or something REASONABLE like that, but 26?? really??? .... I'm just proud that the Hornets were actually able to make a game of it and only lose by 7 points. unbelievable.

Well... there were some bad calls on the spurs in the 1st half, and the hornets couldn't cash in.

The way the hornets played the 1st 3 quarters, it was as if they expected to win the game without trying. Hard to get to the line when your settling for long jumpers and not getting offensive rebounds. Spurs doubled the hornets offensive rebounds and took it strong to the basket all game long, hence the difference.

Plus Duncan, Parker, and Ginobili know how to get to the line. They combined for 25 of the 38 attempts.

BRHornet45
01-18-2010, 06:15 PM
Posey is a punk.

God Bless.

-Kori

son does Kori have a thing for big game James???

Budkin
LOL Hornets lost to the "mediocre" Spurs. They must really stink.

DPG21920
I do have to say though, that I am surprised we are not seeing more "Posey is a dirty player" comments. I was waiting for the comments to be unleashed and I am glad they have not been too bad.

dbestpro
01-18-2010, 06:16 PM
gimme a break! that is comical right there!

You did watch the game, didn't you. Particularly in the first half the Hornets where sleep walking.

BRHornet45
01-18-2010, 06:16 PM
36 free throws compared to 12 ... I don't care who you are, you're not going to win a game that lopsided.

Chieflion
01-18-2010, 06:17 PM
To be fair, if the roles were reversed and the Hornets got most of the calls, Spurs fans would be the ones bitching.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
Give it up, BR. You didn't even watch the game except the end. The Hornets were passive and craptastic for 3 Qs while the Spurs attacked.

You are not helping yourself with this one.

timtonymanu
I do have to say though, that I am surprised we are not seeing more "Posey is a dirty player" comments. I was waiting for the comments to be unleashed and I am glad they have not been too bad.

to be honest, i love to have him as a Spur.

BRHornet45
To be fair, if the roles were reversed and the Hornets got most of the calls, Spurs fans would be the ones bitching.

co-signed

Ice009
I didn't think you would take it this far.

Spurs simply attacked more. It was that simple on the free throw count. Hornets were lazy on defense too.

timvp
01-18-2010, 06:18 PM

Posey has always been dirty..nothing new.

-K

DPG21920
01-18-2010, 06:18 PM
BR loves complaining about the refs. Now you know what it is like to have a superstar that does not get superstar calls. You should love the Spurs, not hate them.

Ignignokt
01-18-2010, 06:19 PM
son does Kori have a thing for big game James???

She must.

I remember i posted a thread on how everyone was too busy sucking off King James that they were suffocating from his smegma fumes, and i was warned that i would be banned.

lolerz

DPG21920
01-18-2010, 06:19 PM
Posey has always been dirty..nothing new.

-K

For sure, but the good kind of dirty.

dbestpro
01-18-2010, 06:20 PM
36 free throws compared to 12 ... I don't care who you are, you're not going to win a game that lopsided.

Look it ain't no different for the Spurs. We've been on the short end of the calls and we have no one to blame but ourselves and our lack of aggression. This game it just so happens the Hornets were the team who had no fire. It happens to every team. So you lost because the calls were lopsided. So what? The root of your problem remains your team's lack of aggression.

BRHornet45
01-18-2010, 06:20 PM
Give it up, BR. You didn't even watch the game except the end. The Hornets were passive and craptastic for 3 Qs while the Spurs attacked.

You are not helping yourself with this one.

oh wow really son? are you watching me or something? I saw the entire game and the Hornets were slow in the first half no doubt ... BUT like I said above. I don't give a damn if the 95 Chicago Bulls were playing ... when one team is given THREE TIMES as many free throws as the other, I don't care who you are you're not going to win.

HarlemHeat37
01-18-2010, 06:21 PM
There were some bad calls on both sides..

I didn't watch the 1st half, so I can't comment..

Duncan's "jump-ball" call was questionable, but I thought it was the right call since I don't remember the ball coming out of the other dude's hands..either way, NO got the ball back..

There was a bad call where Devin Brown lost control of the ball and threw it out of bounds, but they called it off Hill..

I don't remember any other glaring calls..

BRHornet45
01-18-2010, 06:21 PM
I didn't think you would take it this far.

Spurs simply attacked more. It was that simple on the free throw count. Hornets were lazy on defense too.

bullshit

son you can't honestly believe that ... 38 free throws compared to 12. no excuse for that at all. blatant favoritism from the refs.

dbestpro
01-18-2010, 06:22 PM
oh wow really son? are you watching me or something? I saw the entire game and the Hornets were slow in the first half no doubt ... BUT like I said above. I don't give a damn if the 95 Chicago Bulls were playing ... when one team is given THREE TIMES as many free throws as the other, I don't care who you are you're not going to win.

Three times the fouls equals three times the aggression.

BRHornet45
01-18-2010, 06:23 PM
Three times the fouls equals three times the aggression.

son I also said in the post to take your homer glasses off. I will say please this time.

Duncan2177
01-18-2010, 06:23 PM

:rollin

Cry Havoc
01-18-2010, 06:24 PM
http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/e/eb/Yall_niggas_postin_in_a_troll_thread.png

Ikstomi
01-18-2010, 06:25 PM

great job, slovenac. :p:

dbestpro
01-18-2010, 06:25 PM
son I also said in the post to take your homer glasses off. I will say please this time.

Generally I think you have some nice comments, but right now you are in denial and you are starting to whine. Let it go and start bitching about your team's lack of aggression. In the end you will feel much better facing reality.

iggypop123
01-18-2010, 06:28 PM
haha paul fouled out. how often does this happen?

LakerHater
01-18-2010, 06:28 PM
Spurs won cuz they didnt have RJ!

BRHornet45
01-18-2010, 06:29 PM
Generally I think you have some nice comments, but right now you are in denial and you are starting to whine. Let it go and start bitching about your team's lack of aggression. In the end you will feel much better facing reality.

son I have already said that the Hornets started the game like shit. HOWEVER, they played well in the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th quarter. YOU need to realize that your team got all the calls today and that is the ONLY ... THE ONLY ... reason they won. 38 free throws compared to 12 ... come on dude you know its true.

my2sons
01-18-2010, 06:29 PM
co-signed

So you admit to bitching....

BRHornet45
01-18-2010, 06:30 PM
haha paul fouled out. how often does this happen?

son the Spurs have more blacks on their team and its MLK day ... we didn't stand a chance. the script was already written by the NBA/WWE. its one of those "feel good" stories ya know?

BRHornet45
01-18-2010, 06:31 PM
So you admit to bitching....

son everyone bitches but at least my post are full of class and dignity. god bless

TJastal
01-18-2010, 06:32 PM
http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/e/eb/Yall_niggas_postin_in_a_troll_thread.png

So using words like "Niggaz" doesn't cross the line of decency but if someone merely points out a couple of badly missed calls by a black ref against white players Manu and Matt Bonner they are branded a racist. Nice standards we have here.

crc21209
01-18-2010, 06:32 PM
The Spurs were the more aggressive team...for once. While the Hornets were jacking up jumpers basically the whole the game, the Spurs....from TP to Manu to Hill to TD to Blair...were all taking it to the rack. Usually the more aggressive team gets the calls...son. :lol

BRHornet45
01-18-2010, 06:33 PM
I'll say tonight for the first 3 quarters the Spurs got favorable calls but the Hornets would of still failed.

oh please! son we only lost by 7 points despite the fact that you guys were handed 26 more free throws on a silver platter.

dbestpro
01-18-2010, 06:33 PM
son I have already said that the Hornets started the game like shit. HOWEVER, they played well in the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th quarter. YOU need to realize that your team got all the calls today and that is the ONLY ... THE ONLY ... reason they won. 38 free throws compared to 12 ... come on dude you know its true.

No doubt we won the game because we shot more foul shots. No doubt we shot more foul shots because we were more aggressive and the Hornets were busy laying eggs.

himat
01-18-2010, 06:34 PM
Spurs fans would say that CP3 gets BS calls if the roles were reversed, but Hornets fans should be smart and not try to argue their case on a SPURS fan board.

I didn't watch the game, so I wouldn't know who got the better whistle. But if someone is going to use the argument that the Spurs were more aggressive than they can't turn around the next game and whine about getting enough calls. But we all know that will happen.

BRHornet45
01-18-2010, 06:35 PM
The Spurs were the more aggressive team...for once. While the Hornets were jacking up jumpers basically the whole the game, the Spurs....from TP to Manu to Hill to TD to Blair...were all taking it to the rack. Usually the more aggressive team gets the calls...son. :lol

LMAO I love the lame "they were more aggressive" excuse. how pathetic. son you simply cannot justify having THREE TIMES as many free throws as just being "more aggressive". if it was more like 20 free throws compared to 12 then yea you could use that excuse, but 38 to 12???

Ice009
bullshit

son you can't honestly believe that ... 38 free throws compared to 12. no excuse for that at all. blatant favoritism from the refs.

Did you watch the whole game or did you just look at the stat sheet? Legit question there.

Spurs in their Championship seasons would routinely get lots of free throws for being more aggressive.

I recall in 2003 that Pop said one of the things he wanted from the team is to get more free throws on the road than the home team. That's the best way to win on the road by being aggressive and getting to the foul line. It also slows down the game and takes the crowd out of it. I've seen it a lot from the Spurs before and feel we've been getting ripped of a lot from the refs the last few seasons.

ClingingMars
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v93/Chrome345/6fhaxc6.jpg

Spursfan092120
01-18-2010, 06:37 PM
We were also minus a 12 PPG average player...but yeah..if you want to go the "blame the refs" route, whatever...it's all BS.

BRHornet45
but Hornets fans should be smart and not try to argue their case on a SPURS fan board.

son I'm sorry ... its MLK day and I am highly motivated to fight the power despite being highly outnumbered. god bless.

dbestpro
Maybe your just pulling the chain. Maybe you've drank too much bourban. Maybe its the fact that the Hornets are in last place. The fact is no team in the NBA will shoot many foul shots by shooting jump shots and any team in the NBA will get lots of calls by attacking the basket while the other team plays reaching defesne.

crc21209
01-18-2010, 06:38 PM
LMAO I love the lame "they were more aggressive" excuse. how pathetic. son you simply cannot justify having THREE TIMES as many free throws as just being "more aggressive". if it was more like 20 free throws compared to 12 then yea you could use that excuse, but 38 to 12???

It happens to every team, son. It's happened to the Spurs in the Playoffs multiple times...but what can you do?

BRHornet45
01-18-2010, 06:38 PM
Maybe your just pulling the chain. Maybe you've drank too much bourban. Maybe its the fact that the Hornets are in last place. The fact is no team in the NBA will shoot many foul shots by shooting jump shots and any team in the NBA will get lots of calls by attacking the basket while the other team plays reaching defesne.

son you act as if the Spurs are that much better? you guys are only a few games ahead of us so calm your ass down.

BRHornet45
01-18-2010, 06:39 PM
It happens to every team, son. It's happened to the Spurs in the Playoffs multiple times...but what can you do?

son I'm just very upset about this nonsense.

dbestpro
01-18-2010, 06:39 PM
Spurs fans would say that CP3 gets BS calls if the roles were reversed, but Hornets fans should be smart and not try to argue their case on a SPURS fan board.

I didn't watch the game, so I wouldn't know who got the better whistle. But if someone is going to use the argument that the Spurs were more aggressive than they can't turn around the next game and whine about getting enough calls. But we all know that will happen.

I for one bemoan our lack of aggression quite a bit and expect the calls to go the other way.

DPG21920
01-18-2010, 06:40 PM
Sons, it is basketball. Do you really think that every team fouls evenly every single game? Sometimes you get games like this. It is a huge disparity, but it happens.

TJastal
I will say in BR's defense that the jump ball call was a total screw job call that took away a hornets basket..that call disrupted their comeback....and Paul not getting that call against Hill was rather odd seeing as it was more or less a judgement call which comes down to RESPECT which CP3 has just a tad more of.

I'm not sure why the refs fucked the hornets in the ass in the 4th, they had been doing their best to keep the hornets in the game despite their playing like zombies for 3 quarters. I think after the 3rd quarter they finally just said "fuck it you guys aren't even trying were not gonna do everything for ya"

DPG21920
Sons, let us drink BLL's until the anger goes away. God Bless.

dbestpro
01-18-2010, 06:41 PM
son you act as if the Spurs are that much better? you guys are only a few games ahead of us so calm your ass down.

The fact is if the Hornets do not play hard they are a lottery team. They do not have the bench or personnel to take plays off let alone a whole game.

BRHornet45
01-18-2010, 06:43 PM
The fact is if the Hornets do not play hard they are a lottery team. They do not have the bench or personnel to take plays off let alone a whole game.

LMAO a lottery team? wow really? ... son have some fucking respect. we are over .500 and should have gained another game today. we are far from a lottery team. my God ... the ignorance.

will_spurs
01-18-2010, 06:43 PM

Would you feel better if we told you the truth, and that's that the refs saw right through your PG's faking and that the 26 FT difference is exactly the number of bullshit calls that Paul gets on any given night?

Or should we just leave it at: the Spurs were more aggressive tonight?

BRHornet45
01-18-2010, 06:44 PM
Would you feel better if we told you the truth, and that's that the refs saw right through your PG's faking and that the 26 FT difference is exactly the number of bullshit calls that Paul gets on any given night?

Or should we just leave it at: the Spurs were more aggressive tonight?

ROTFLMAO!!! ignorant fool!!! yep you're right son! the Spurs calls are ALWAYS legit! Duncan NEVER commits fouls! all of his calls are legit!!!

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-18-2010, 06:45 PM
BR, I'm disappointed in you. No ass in your sig. :(

I mean, you are the ASSMAN around here. :lol ;)

dbestpro
01-18-2010, 06:45 PM
LMAO a lottery team? wow really? ... son have some fucking respect. we are over .500 and should have gained another game today. we are far from a lottery team. my God ... the ignorance.

That is respect. You have a good record because your team normally plays hard. Today, it did not show up. If it played every game like it did today it would be a lottery team. That is all.

BRHornet45
01-18-2010, 06:47 PM
That is respect. You have a good record because your team normally plays hard. Today, it did not show up. If it played every game like it did today it would be a lottery team. That is all.

didn't show up? son we played well in 3 out of 4 quarters. did you even watch the game? the Spurs didn't show up for the 4th, but that was ok because the refs were too busy handing out freebies on silver platters to them the whole damn game.

BRHornet45
01-18-2010, 06:47 PM
BR, I'm disappointed in you. No ass in your sig. :(

I mean, you are the ASSMAN around here. :lol ;)

took a break to show some Saints broads.

Bukefal
01-18-2010, 06:51 PM
son I'm sorry ... its MLK day and I am highly motivated to fight the power despite being highly outnumbered. god bless.

td4mvp21
01-18-2010, 06:56 PM
LMAO bandwagon jumping fraud. son who will be your favorite team next year?

"I can't dispute the fact that the Hornets suck, so I am going to accuse you of being a bandwagon fan." FIFY

Kool Bob Love
01-18-2010, 06:56 PM
http://cdn1.knowyourmeme.com/i/3374/original/Cool_story_bro_.jpg

Kim Kardashian...

http://www.realbollywood.com/news/up_images/11112475.jpg

:hat

iggypop123
01-18-2010, 06:57 PM
We were also minus a 12 PPG average player...but yeah..if you want to go the "blame the refs" route, whatever...it's all BS.

i think that helped the spurs

poop
01-18-2010, 06:58 PM
they did not get to the line because almost every player Sucks and cannot create, and Paul didnt start playing till the 4th quarter

spurs10
01-18-2010, 07:00 PM
Happy MLK day, my favorite holiday. However, the Spurs wanted this one more than your boys.

Good luck with the Saints though. A championship for them would be great mojo for the Big Easy!!!

BRHornet45
01-18-2010, 07:01 PM
Good luck with the Saints though. A championship for them would be great mojo for the Big Easy!!!

god bless

kace
01-18-2010, 07:02 PM
don't agree about the FT but i've got to admit the two last whistles (CP offensive foul and technical for Hill last FT) were questionable.

Brazil
01-18-2010, 07:03 PM

There is a good reason for this favoritism, to have a balanced game refs need to give 38 FTs for the spurs to convert 12.

E-RockWill
01-18-2010, 07:05 PM
There is a good reason for this favoritism, to have a balanced game refs need to give 38 FTs for the spurs to convert 12.

too true....

spurs10
01-18-2010, 07:08 PM
god bless
You too and God bless New Orleans.

BRHornet45
01-18-2010, 07:12 PM
sons the official post game report is out ...

NBA Officials lead Spurs past Hornets, 97-90
By Brett Martel

The NBA officials helped push the San Antonio Spurs over the New Orleans Hornets 97-90 on Monday. It was a relatively close game until the officials working the game decided to take control and award the Spurs with 38 free throws compared to the Hornets 12 once they received the go ahead from NBA commissioner David Stern.

Tony Parker scored 25 points and Tim Duncan added 21 points and 14 rebounds, while George Hill scored 16 points and Manu Ginobili had 11 to help the Spurs snap a two-game losing streak.

David West scored 18 points for New Orleans, which lost for only the second time in its last 15 home games. Chris Paul, who fouled out in the final minute, had 18 points and nine assists for the Hornets, while Marcus Thornton scored 16 points.

Hill started in place of Richard Jefferson, who sat out with lower back pain.

San Antonio led by double digits for most of the game, going up by as many as 21 points when Duncan hit one of two free throws to make it 76-55 late in the third quarter.

The Spurs went into the fourth quarter with a 17-point lead, which the Hornets quickly trimmed with a 7-0 run to open the period. Thornton’s fast-break layup made it 78-68 and the Hornets pulled to 80-72 on Darren Collison’s free throws with 7:06 remaining.

New Orleans missed several chances to get closer and still trailed by eight when Parker’s driving scoop made it 84-74 with 4:40 to go. Parker scored seven more points in the final minutes.

San Antonio outrebounded New Orleans 50-38 and was the more forceful team drawing fouls inside. Despite missing 14 free throws, the Spurs still outscored the Hornets 24-10 from the foul line. The Spurs were 7 of 18 from 3-point range with Keith Bogans hitting three. New Orleans went only 4 of 13 from long range.

Ginobili’s 3-pointer made it 24-12 at the end of the first quarter. The lead got as large as 18 in the second quarter on Hill’s reverse layup, which capped a 9-2 run and made it 47-29.

Parker had 16 points by halftime, when the Spurs led 56-41.

Duncan commented after the game, "Anytime you can get the kind of help that we received today its a blessing".

NOTES: Jefferson had not missed any of the Spurs’ previous 39 games. … James Posey and Parker were called for double technical fouls in the fourth quarter. … New Orleans is 15-4 at home. … The Spurs are 8-9 on the road. … This was the second of four meetings this season between San Antonio and New Orleans. The Spurs won the first, 113-96 at home. … Paul’s CP3 foundation announced that the guard had made a $61,616.61 donation to relief efforts in Haiti. The amount was to honor his grandfather, who was slain when he was 61.

timaios
01-18-2010, 07:12 PM
don't agree about the FT but i've got to admit the two last whistles (CP offensive foul and technical for Hill last FT) were questionable.

It was a clear path foul... so 2 FT + the ball. It was a good call.

BRHornet45
01-18-2010, 07:14 PM

lol how did I know you would only defend that foul and not the CP one

kace
01-18-2010, 07:19 PM

true. my bad.

timaios
01-18-2010, 07:20 PM
lol how did I know you would only defend that foul and not the CP one

You obviously didn't watch the game. The Hornets played like shit in the 1st half, that's why they lost that game.
And the fouls of CP3 with his forearm are never whistled by the refs, so i was very suprised when George Hill get that call... in New Orleans.

And i don't care if the calls were in favor of the Spurs or not, we get the win. Yeah ! :lol

gm5k
01-18-2010, 07:30 PM

this isn't different for fans of any team. it is the way of the basketball fan, simply because most fans of basketball know close to nothing about the sport and also constantly have homer glasses on. if it goes your way, your team earned it. if it goes against you, you got cheated by the refs.

jjktkk
01-18-2010, 07:38 PM

seriously with it being MLK day, do the Spurs have more blacks on their team than N.O.? Seriously are you a tool?

crc21209
01-18-2010, 07:47 PM

By Brett Martel

The NBA officials helped push the San Antonio Spurs over the New Orleans Hornets 97-90 on Monday. It was a relatively close game until the officials working the game decided to take control and award the Spurs with 38 free throws compared to the Hornets 12 once they received the go ahead from NBA commissioner David Stern.

Tony Parker scored 25 points and Tim Duncan added 21 points and 14 rebounds, while George Hill scored 16 points and Manu Ginobili had 11 to help the Spurs snap a two-game losing streak.

David West scored 18 points for New Orleans, which lost for only the second time in its last 15 home games. Chris Paul, who fouled out in the final minute, had 18 points and nine assists for the Hornets, while Marcus Thornton scored 16 points.

San Antonio led by double digits for most of the game, going up by as many as 21 points when Duncan hit one of two free throws to make it 76-55 late in the third quarter.

The Spurs went into the fourth quarter with a 17-point lead, which the Hornets quickly trimmed with a 7-0 run to open the period. Thornton’s fast-break layup made it 78-68 and the Hornets pulled to 80-72 on Darren Collison’s free throws with 7:06 remaining.

New Orleans missed several chances to get closer and still trailed by eight when Parker’s driving scoop made it 84-74 with 4:40 to go. Parker scored seven more points in the final minutes.

San Antonio outrebounded New Orleans 50-38 and was the more forceful team drawing fouls inside. Despite missing 14 free throws, the Spurs still outscored the Hornets 24-10 from the foul line. The Spurs were 7 of 18 from 3-point range with Keith Bogans hitting three. New Orleans went only 4 of 13 from long range.

Ginobili’s 3-pointer made it 24-12 at the end of the first quarter. The lead got as large as 18 in the second quarter on Hill’s reverse layup, which capped a 9-2 run and made it 47-29.

Duncan commented after the game, "Anytime you can get the kind of help that we received today its a blessing".

NOTES: Jefferson had not missed any of the Spurs’ previous 39 games. … James Posey and Parker were called for double technical fouls in the fourth quarter. … New Orleans is 15-4 at home. … The Spurs are 8-9 on the road. … This was the second of four meetings this season between San Antonio and New Orleans. The Spurs won the first, 113-96 at home. … Paul’s CP3 foundation announced that the guard had made a $61,616.61 donation to relief efforts in Haiti. The amount was to honor his grandfather, who was slain when he was 61.

Wow, you have WAY too much time on your hands...:lmao

Spursfan092120
01-18-2010, 07:49 PM
i think that helped the spurs
nah...he brings fire to us...dude can play, when he wants to.

BlackSwordsMan
01-18-2010, 07:54 PM
sons this game just proves how much david west is really the star of this team
when cp3 sat down he lead them the hornets to come back within 6 pts, when cp3 came back in all hell broke loose

LOL@MavsFan
01-18-2010, 07:55 PM

Troll thread????? Bitch Faul didn't have enough barrel rolls to influence the refs, son. Besides, it's a reg season game, so stop treating it like it's the Finals, son.

Biggems
01-18-2010, 07:57 PM
well things go a bit differently when CP3 is actually called for the fouls he commits.

BTW, what does it matter if the Spurs shot twice as many FTs as any team, since they miss half of them anyway.

What is your excuse for that bush league move by Posey, when he stuck out his leg to trip Duncan as Timmy was going up for the layup? That was cheap and dirty. There is no business for that kind of play.

LOL@MavsFan
01-18-2010, 07:58 PM
This thread is borderline Mavs fan whining.

Biggems
01-18-2010, 07:58 PM

what are you talking about. It was an offensive foul. CP3 lowered his shoulder and ran over Hill.

As for the last set of FTs by Hill....it was a breakaway foul. Hill was ahead of all defenders. When a foul is committed it is called a breakaway foul.....2 FTs and the ball.

Brazil
01-18-2010, 07:59 PM
seriously with it being MLK day, do the Spurs have more blacks on their team than N.O.? Seriously are you a tool?

what ? why did you quote me ? you smoked something ?:hat

BRHornet45
01-18-2010, 08:00 PM
Wow, you have WAY too much time on your hands...:lmao

lol son it took less than 60 seconds to edit it

JustinJDW
01-18-2010, 08:06 PM
Hornets lose because they didn't start being aggressive and playing real basketball until the 4th Quarter. If they played the whole game like they did in the 4th, they would have won. It may have even been a blowout.

That's why the Hornets lose. :wakeup

Biggems
01-18-2010, 08:06 PM

do you realize how many times i have to watch the spurs get treated like they are the fucking clippers by the refs, even when they play in san antonio? i mean the spurs get so little home cookin it is disgusting. poor blair has gotten strapped with so many BS calls this season, he has earned enough for an entire playing career, rookie or not.

so if the spurs did indeed get the love from the refs, it is a refreshing change of pace.

YoMamaIsCallin
01-18-2010, 08:31 PM
You should be ashamed and embarassed to call yourself a basketball fan if you are going to drag out this lame "the refs suck because the free throws weren't equal" argument.

It is not the refs' job to even out the free throws. It is the refs' job to make calls consistently and correctly. If one team is driving the ball inside more than the other, they will naturally get fouled more. If one team is coached how to defend without fouling (as the Spurs are), they will get fewer foul calls than usual.

FAIL. LOSE.

DynastyBuilder
01-18-2010, 08:32 PM

Son, fight the good fight. God bless.

TJastal
01-18-2010, 08:34 PM
do you realize how many times i have to watch the spurs get treated like they are the fucking clippers by the refs, even when they play in san antonio? i mean the spurs get so little home cookin it is disgusting. poor blair has gotten strapped with so many BS calls this season, he has earned enough for an entire playing career, rookie or not.

so if the spurs did indeed get the love from the refs, it is a refreshing change of pace.

The jackals were fickle in this game. In the first half they bent over Bonner on an out of bounds call where West came over his back and batted the ball out of bounds then allowed Posey to punch Manu in the face and give him a bloody nose with no flagrant being called. There were other possession calls that were clearly off the hornets but they awarded the hornets the ball.

They did their absolute best to pump up the lifeless hornets, who looked like they didn't care until the 4th quarter. By that time the refs were like "screw you fuckers, we gave you every chance possible to get back in this game and you reward our generosity with this shit!? Fuck you!"

MrChug
01-18-2010, 10:30 PM
God the Hornets suck.

Now go clean your room or I'm taking your IPod mini away.

Signed, Dad

redzero
01-18-2010, 10:44 PM
Sadly, I was at the game, and the fourth foul on Okafor and the charge on Paul were the calls that really stick out in my mind.

Oh, and Richard Jefferson sucks. The Spurs are much better without him.

Sean Cagney
01-18-2010, 10:47 PM
Sons okay lol..... Okay sons if you say so.

BTW try not getting down that much, then the refs can't hurt you as you say they did.

redzero
01-18-2010, 10:50 PM
BR, none of this matters. The Hornets are going to win the next two against the Spurs, because Richard Jefferson will be back to fuck up the offense.

SouthTexasRancher
01-18-2010, 11:03 PM
Hey Pops, Da Spurs live and die by the refs shitty calls. I know from where you come. I think our beloved Commish, David DumbDumb, should fire all the sorry ass ref's asap and just let these pros play ball. What the hell, we could use a few gun fights at the ok corral to liven things up. At least for the first 45 minutes of a game and then they put their cap pistols in the holsters and give us fans 3 damn, good, quality minutes of real live NBA basketball like in the old days of Russell, Wilt, Cousey, Robertson, Magic, Bird, Jordan and Barkley. Oh yeah, them Detroit Mad Men as well. :toast

BTW, Go Saints...

Kick the living daylights out of them evil Vikings! :ihit

Dunc n Dave
01-18-2010, 11:58 PM
Interesting fact:
Who had the worst +/- on the Hornets vs the Spurs today?

Chris Paul with a -16..............
:toast

spurs_philippines
01-19-2010, 03:18 AM

Sorry LOSER!!!! LETS SEE IF YOU STILL MAKE EXCUSES WHEN BRETT FAVRE KICKS NEW ORLEANS ASS ON SUNDAY... :ihit:ihit:ihit:ihit:ihit:ihit

Trainwreck2100
01-19-2010, 03:29 AM

nice sig son, but i hoped you saved one of them brown paper bags from the Saints craptacular days for the one on the left, God bless.

BadOdor
01-19-2010, 04:45 AM
sons, nothing to see here, just whity br whining about the refs. God bless.

ShoogarBear
01-19-2010, 05:13 AM
Sons I am just impressed that somebody from Louisiana knows that 38 is more than 12.

BadOdor
01-19-2010, 05:15 AM
Sons I am just impressed that somebody from Louisiana knows that 38 is more than 12.

Son he be a "long time hornets ticket holder", he be intelligent like and stuff.

pookenstein
01-19-2010, 06:09 AM

By Brett Martel

I think this actually is funny. Well done.:lol

InK
01-19-2010, 06:27 AM
Refs did indeed suck in a big way, dunno why is so hard to admit to that. The only thing that sucked more is the way Hornets played 3/4, and Spurs the last 1/4 of the match. Both teams need to take their heads out of their asses and start playing some decent basketball giving some consistent effort out there on the court. It was a horrible game, and yeh, refs did their part and contribute with the loopsided calls at the end of the game. But really, so what.....as things look rite now this is a non issue.

mosdef17
01-19-2010, 07:00 AM
Only reason Hornets were even close is because Spurs shot 24/38 from free throws. If they had shot their season average it would have been double digits.

BOHOLANO#21
01-19-2010, 08:03 AM

dumbass, tell your players to drive to the basket to get more freethrows instead of jacking up shots....:lmao

BOHOLANO#21
01-19-2010, 08:10 AM
Sadly, I was at the game, and the fourth foul on Okafor and the charge on Paul were the calls that really stick out in my mind.

Oh, and Richard Jefferson sucks. The Spurs are much better without him.

sorry son, the refs forgot that crybaby paul is licensed to just run over anybody and get a call in his favor...:hat

easy7
01-19-2010, 08:27 AM
God bless this mess, time to move on....

Killakobe81
01-19-2010, 08:37 AM
I'm sorry but Hornets can NOT beat the Spurs when Parkers outplays or holds his own vs. C3P...
Paul had a "good" game but to beat the Spurs he must dominate or other dudes really have to step up ...based on the roster ...C3p playing well is FAR more likely ...

And for the Parkers haters (both Spur fans & non) he just more than held his own vs. arguably the best PG in the NBA ...

redzero
01-19-2010, 09:06 AM
sorry son, the refs forgot that crybaby paul is licensed to just run over anybody and get a call in his favor...:hat

The funny thing is, that last charge wasn't even a pushoff. I know Spurs fans like to say that Paul extends his arm when going to the rack, but he didn't even do it that time.

Agloco
01-19-2010, 09:16 AM

:rolleyes

Did you really watch the first three quarters of the game? Not a single Hornets player got into the paint consistently. Meanwhile, Parker was anally violating you at will on the other end.

I'll give you the fact that Okafor got 2 ticky tack fouls called on him in the penalty. But that only explains 4 FT.

Agloco
01-19-2010, 09:18 AM
The funny thing is, that last charge wasn't even a pushoff. I know Spurs fans like to say that Paul extends his arm when going to the rack, but he didn't even do it that time.

You're right. All he did was lower his shoulder into Hill. That should never be called in that situation. :rolleyes

TJastal
01-19-2010, 09:27 AM

I agree redzero, Hill was moving his feet furiously when the contact occured and Paul didn't even lower his shoulder or extend a forearm into Hill's body. It was less benign than Kobes' out of control twirling spin that plowed over Bogut a few weeks ago.

It was a judgement call that in alot of cases will be awarded to the offensive player, and in superstar cases will be awarded almost every time. Last time I checked Paul is still a superstar player in the league.

I don't think its any coincidence in the 4th quarter when the hornets started playing hard the refs suddenly turned. They had been fairly generous up to that point trying to keep you guys in the game despite the FT disparity. I really think they gave up and basically said "screw y'all we're not helping anymore".

Agloco
01-19-2010, 09:32 AM
I agree redzero, Hill was moving his feet furiously when the contact occured and Paul didn't even lower his shoulder or extend a forearm into Hill's body. It was less benign than Kobes' out of control twirling spin that plowed over Bogut a few weeks ago.

I know a great opthamologist.

TJastal
01-19-2010, 09:39 AM
I know a great opthamologist.

You mean, opthalmologist?

I know some english teachers that provide after hours tutoring..

Agloco
01-19-2010, 09:44 AM

Or you could simply put me in touch with a skilled typist. :rolleyes

Way to duck the issue. I'll make sure to have you proof read my posts from now on.

Tp9gospursgo
01-19-2010, 01:27 PM
BRHornet, once you start blaming the refs for your teams losses thats when you know your team SUCKS!

BRHornet45
01-19-2010, 02:00 PM
Or you could simply put me in touch with a skilled typist. :rolleyes

Way to duck the issue. I'll make sure to have you proof read my posts from now on.

son who is that ass in your sig?

Ryvin1
01-19-2010, 02:08 PM
son who is that ass in your sig?

I believe it's Jamie Eason

BRHornet45
01-19-2010, 02:10 PM
I believe it's Jamie Eason

it looks like Jaime Koeppe is why I ask

YoMamaIsCallin
01-19-2010, 02:17 PM
I agree redzero, Hill was moving his feet furiously when the contact occured and Paul didn't even lower his shoulder or extend a forearm into Hill's body.

It's a myth that you have to have your feet planted to draw a charge. Moving your feet is not an issue. It is the direction you are moving that is an issue. If you are backing up, or just moving your feet but not moving in any direction, that's fine.

Paul absolutely did lower a shoulder into Hill. You are in active denial of reality. It wasn't blatant but it was there.

It was a judgement call that in a lot of cases will be awarded to the offensive player, and in superstar cases will be awarded almost every time. Last time I checked Paul is still a superstar player in the league.

It's not that cut and dried. The refs don't like to be used, even by superstars. When a superstar just deliberately runs into the defender and expects the refs to call a foul, without really trying to score, many refs don't look kindly upon that. And in this case, Hill put great hustle on the play and got cleanly in front of Paul before Paul launched himself into him and then looked for the foul call. The refs like hustle.

Bottom line is I think Paul didn't expect Hill to get there that quickly, and figured he could get an easy foul on Hill as Hill tried to get in position.

It was less benign than Kobes' out of control twirling spin that plowed over Bogut a few weeks ago.

Actually, that WAS a foul on Bogut. He was not in position to take the charge, he was still sliding over. Plus, Kobe was actually attempting a shot (and it even went in if I recall correctly), unlike Paul who was just trying to draw the foul.

DaBears
01-19-2010, 02:47 PM

Well in case you werent aware of this, the team that is more agressive typically gets more calls.. So maybe you might want to blame the Hornets for that instead of the refs...

But remember denial is the 1st step (Hornets SUCK)
2nd step(repeat the 1st step)
3rd step(yap you guessed it, Hornets SUCK)

Ref's dont lose games for teams, players lose games for thier teams.

Dex
01-19-2010, 06:23 PM
Downtown Devin Brown doesn't need free throws.

GrandeDavid
01-19-2010, 06:41 PM
bullshit

You lost the charm and humor when you cussed. You had a funny, cute thing going. Next time stick to the "son" and leave it around that. Whatever you do, don't go to the "f" word.

The Hornets definitely should not have fouled so much. Also, I'm surprised Posey wasn't thrown for that trip shot he threw at Duncan which could've caused a serious injury.

TJastal
01-20-2010, 04:12 AM
It's a myth that you have to have your feet planted to draw a charge. Moving your feet is not an issue. It is the direction you are moving that is an issue. If you are backing up, or just moving your feet but not moving in any direction, that's fine..

Ahh, the ol' treadmill effect, huh?

Paul absolutely did lower a shoulder into Hill. You are in active denial of reality. It wasn't blatant but it was there.

It was so subtle the camera didn't even see it, right.

It's not that cut and dried. The refs don't like to be used, even by superstars. When a superstar just deliberately runs into the defender and expects the refs to call a foul, without really trying to score, many refs don't look kindly upon that. And in this case, Hill put great hustle on the play and got cleanly in front of Paul before Paul launched himself into him and then looked for the foul call. The refs like hustle.

Boy, coulda fooled me. Lebron made a living at the line in last year's playoffs by simply launching himself into defensive players

Bottom line is I think Paul didn't expect Hill to get there that quickly, and figured he could get an easy foul on Hill as Hill tried to get in position.

Actually, that WAS a foul on Bogut. He was not in position to take the charge, he was still sliding over. Plus, Kobe was actually attempting a shot (and it even went in if I recall correctly), unlike Paul who was just trying to draw the foul.

Paul attempted a shot as well, doofus. And Kobe did almost a complete 360 spin, and in addition to travelling threw his shoulder into Bogut's mid section. Good lord your takes have bigger holes than the titanic.

cherylsteele
01-20-2010, 03:07 PM
You're right it wasn't a push-off, Paul just tried to run him over. Hill was with Paul step for step, and Paul initiated the contact, which is a charge.

ShoogarBear
01-21-2010, 06:55 AM

Really, maybe you should get to know them better.

It's spelled ophthalmologist.