PDA

View Full Version : Can the Thunder or Grizzlies upset a contender in the playoffs?

ChrisRichards
01-19-2010, 01:42 AM
I dont know about the Thunder but the Grizzlies are looking dangerous. Kinda like that GSW team that knocked out the Mavs.

ZBO
Gasol
Gay
Mayo
Conley

are all hungry. I think they can upset a 2-3 Seed in the West. Could even give the Lakers a run for their money, because LA does play down to its competition (see Houston series)

I_Speak_4_Dallas_Fan
01-19-2010, 01:44 AM
The Spurs.

iggypop123
01-19-2010, 01:46 AM
memphis isnt even in. it would require the suns to continue sucking for it to happen

badfish22
I would not want to see the Mavs play them in a series. We have trouble against atheltic teams like that. It could be GS all over again.

HarlemHeat37
They could potentially win some games and take it to 7 vs. Dallas, Denver and SA IMO..

I think Memphis could make it interesting vs. the Lakers, but I don't think OKC could..

TheMACHINE
01-19-2010, 01:47 AM
S p u r s

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-19-2010, 02:04 AM
it would require the suns to continue sucking for it to happen

Idk why you say this implying that there's only a slim chance they continue to suck.

HarlemHeat37
01-19-2010, 02:23 AM
Cheer up DOK..it's not that bad..

FkLA
01-19-2010, 02:45 AM
Grizz are like 0 & 16 in the playoffs. They might win a game, not a series.

The Thunda are too young.

23LeBronJames23
01-19-2010, 02:46 AM
I think OKC can
in fact okc almost beat lakers last time they played em

ezau
01-19-2010, 02:47 AM
Lakers

FkLA
01-19-2010, 02:54 AM
If there's a team this could happen against though, its definitely the Lakers.

BadOdor
01-19-2010, 02:58 AM
well, spurs lost to the lower seed in last playoffs, and the thunder own them, so imo it's not a strech to see the thunder beat the spurs.

ChrisRichards
01-19-2010, 02:58 AM
Grizz are like 0 & 16 in the playoffs. They might win a game, not a series.

The Thunda are too young.
Thae was a different tean. Come on now

Nash2TimeMVp
01-19-2010, 02:59 AM
the grizz/thunder are to the spurs what the warriors are to the mavs. bad matchup

Mal
01-19-2010, 03:04 AM
I wish them to make playoff, and kick out Paul and his bunch of brickers and Suns with their stupid basketball ideology.

FkLA
01-19-2010, 03:10 AM
Thae was a different tean. Come on now

From never winning a playoff game to winning a series? I think its just too big of a jump, the Grizz have to learn how to crawl before they run. They should gun for the 8th seed though, if theres a team they can pull it off against its definitely the Lakers and that chucker Kome.

jonnybravo
01-19-2010, 03:31 AM
They could potentially win some games and take it to 7 vs. Dallas, Denver and SA IMO..

I think Memphis could make it interesting vs. the Lakers, but I don't think OKC could..

I actually think the opposite. The OKC game in OKC was an OT game. They were super athletic and came out with a ton of energy. It felt similar to playing against Portland in the Rose Garden.

Chillen
01-19-2010, 03:34 AM
Easily LA Lakers. They have a target on them until someone dethrones them, that would amp up any team to try and be the team to do it. All it takes is a 2-2 series in the 1st rd or any round in the playoffs for them and they could be in deep trouble, look at the depleted Rockets team last season, it just gets tougher every year to win the NBA title as teams improve. Teams are now trying to assemble teams to dethrone the Lakers, they have the giant target on them now like the Spurs used to. If the Spurs bow out early that wouldn't be to surprising, but they also could be dangerous and are still a threat to win the NBA title like the Lakers. If all the West playoff teams are healthy come playoff time, repeating will be tough as hell for the Lakers.

HarlemHeat37
01-19-2010, 03:51 AM
I actually think the opposite. The OKC game in OKC was an OT game. They were super athletic and came out with a ton of energy. It felt similar to playing against Portland in the Rose Garden.

I think their frontcourt would get massacred by Gasol-Bynum-Odom though, especially in the playoffs..

Chieflion
01-19-2010, 07:59 AM
Unless Durant pulls a LeBron in the playoffs and puts up sick numbers, OKC is not giving anyone trouble, Durant puts up some sick scoring numbers and carries his team, but his supporting cast sort of sucks. The Grizzlies have a nice group of players and have the firepower to match any team in the playoffs.

benefactor
01-19-2010, 08:08 AM

This was my first thought before I even clicked on the thread. The Thunder don't have the size, but the Grizz could give LA some problems down low. Kobe would probably have to defend Mayo too, which would make him have to work at both ends. If Gasol is not 100% going into the playoffs LA would probably rather not deal with Memphis in the first round.

noob cake
01-19-2010, 08:53 AM
Hey guise, I'm trying to figure our how Memphis' all caner experiment has not exploded on them. Conventional wisdom dictates that adding scoring cancerous players to one team does NOT make your team better, yet Memphis is having a great season (after their initial 1-8 start).

Chieflion
01-19-2010, 09:04 AM
Hey guise, I'm trying to figure our how Memphis' all caner experiment has not exploded on them. Conventional wisdom dictates that adding scoring cancerous players to one team does NOT make your team better, yet Memphis is having a great season (after their initial 1-8 start).
How in the world is Memphis an all-cancer team?

antgomez2009
01-19-2010, 12:37 PM
Well, Westbrook will have his way against the Lakers G, but Kobe will get his and Durant will get his, and the domination will come from the Bigs (Bynum and Gasol and Odom, Mebenga) vs (Collison and Kristic). Lakers win in 4!

If Spurs are matched up, the series can possibly go to 6 games! But i seriously doubt that, still a young team, with little playoff exp. but they do have talent and have will to win games! Still Duncan, Blair, McDyess vs Collison and Kristic! not going to happen!

Spurs win 4-2!

Darthkiller
01-19-2010, 05:10 PM
memphis is a team that matches up well with the Lakers. They have a tons of bigs (gasol, randolph, thabeet, haddadi, arthur). Mayo matches up well against Kobe.

TheMACHINE
01-19-2010, 06:07 PM
Mayo matches up well against Kobe.

:wow

:lmao:rollin

Darthkiller
01-19-2010, 06:12 PM
:wow

:lmao:rollin

laugh all u want, i am just stating the facts.

Andrew Bynum
01-19-2010, 06:14 PM
I could easily see OKC knocking out the Spurs.

dirk4mvp
01-19-2010, 06:16 PM
Gay > Battier

PGDynasty24
01-19-2010, 06:24 PM

Kobe has already destroyed Mayo this year for 43

TheMACHINE
01-19-2010, 06:25 PM

funny cuz i dont see any "facts".

jonnybravo
01-19-2010, 06:50 PM

Garuntee he's going to get destroyed.

jonnybravo
01-19-2010, 06:51 PM

OJ Mayo exploded for 15 on 5-12 shooting though.

So yeah, they match up well. 43 to 15 points...they played each other to a stand still.

Man, seriously, OJ Mayo fucking nuthuggery on this board is borderline embarrassing now.

I'm convinced 90% of ST just watches sportscenter highlights.

TheMACHINE
01-19-2010, 06:54 PM
OJ Mayo exploded for 15 on 5-12 shooting though.

So yeah, they match up well.

Man, seriously, OJ Mayo fucking nuthuggery on this board is borderline embarrassing now.

Dont get me wrong..i love OJ Mayo...but to say that him and Kobe match up well is idiotic.

jonnybravo
01-19-2010, 06:56 PM
Dont get me wrong..i love OJ Mayo...but to say that him and Kobe match up well is idiotic.

OJ's a great player. Just seems like ST makes him out to be a superstar when he has YEARS left to go before he even sniffs that mountain.

Allanon
01-19-2010, 07:08 PM
If you look at the Grizzlies a couple of games after they sorted out the Iverson mess, they're 21 and 10.

Damn near 70% winning percentage.

They've beat the Suns, Spurs, Nugz, Blazers, Cavs and Mavs.

O.J Mayo
01-19-2010, 07:32 PM
OJ's a great player. Just seems like ST makes him out to be a superstar when he has YEARS left to go before he even sniffs that mountain.
Son, just becaue you hate me does not mean other people must hate me. I am loved by the fans and Kobe is hated and you are angry because of it.

iggypop123
01-19-2010, 08:32 PM

and all were from the post, no 3 pointers. they never doubled. lionel hollins is also stupid.

ezau
01-19-2010, 09:45 PM
Lakers can get beat by Memphis in seven games. The Grizz have enough big men to beat contain the Lakers' frontcourt IMO. They also have enough athletic wings to give problems to Kobe and Artest

Allanon
01-19-2010, 09:50 PM
Lakers can get beat by Memphis in seven games. The Grizz have enough big men to beat contain the Lakers' frontcourt IMO. They also have enough athletic wings to give problems to Kobe and Artest

Grizzlies suffer too much from little brother syndrome to beat the Lakers.

Marc's not going to beat up on his older brother Pau
Mayo idolizes Kobe too much to give him the business
Rudy Gay has always played poorly against Ron Ron

Grizzlies will bring a B or C game against the Lakers.

OKC is way too small to beat the Lakers in 7 but they might steal a game or two.

Y'all will have to find somebody else to knock the Lakers out.