PDA

View Full Version : so, would UT or A&M complain too much...

K-State Spur
01-19-2010, 12:19 PM
if the Big 10 decided to take K-State out of this conference instead?

Whisky Dog
01-19-2010, 12:40 PM
Why would either care much?

Blake
01-19-2010, 12:54 PM
is K St leaving a possibility?

leemajors
01-19-2010, 12:57 PM
K-State played very well last night. I wish UT had half the crowd noise the Wildcats had. UT is amazingly shitty from the line.

Whisky Dog
01-19-2010, 01:05 PM
Definitely, congrats on the win last night. Your team out muscled us from the jump, we had that coming after playing like shit the last few games. Thankfully that #1 ranking will be gone and we tasted defeat so now we cAn see if the team will regroup.

K-State Spur
01-19-2010, 01:45 PM

Not remotely. Just making light of the Cats (typically with lesser teams) having both those teams' number in multiple sports over the last few years.

NFO
01-19-2010, 04:14 PM

No. :lol

Not a member of the AAU or CIC, which all other Big Ten schools are.

DMX7
01-19-2010, 06:10 PM

Which is why Texas never wanted to be a part of the Big XII with so many other schools like Tech and Oklahoma St. also not being members.

NFO
01-20-2010, 12:36 PM
Which is why Texas never wanted to be a part of the Big XII with so many other schools like Tech and Oklahoma St. also not being members.

Didn't Texas also have a problem with Nebraska and partial-scholarships when they joined the Big XII?

Blake
01-20-2010, 12:47 PM

:lol

Notre Dame: Not a member of the AAU or CIC.

CIC: nothing but Big 10 schools plus the University of Chicago.

Blake
01-20-2010, 12:48 PM

don't forget Texas A&M not being a member at the time either.

of course, Texas helped form the Big XII, so I don't really know what the fuck you are talking about as usual.

Blake
01-20-2010, 12:51 PM
Didn't Texas also have a problem with Nebraska and partial-scholarships when they joined the Big XII?

why would they have a problem with Nebraska?

Nebraska has been an AAU member since 1909.......longer than UT or Ohio St.

K-State Spur
01-20-2010, 01:48 PM

You are probably referring to the partial qualifiers that Tom Osborne was so fond of using.

Of course, I'm sure Nebraska was skeptical of adding 4 schools from a conference that was famous for rampant cheating, so it probably evened out in the end.

NFO
01-20-2010, 08:45 PM
Notre Dame: Not a member of the AAU or CIC.

True. But the faculty at Notre Dame would love to gain membership to the AAU and the Big Ten would likely ask that Notre Dame become a member.

CIC: nothing but Big 10 schools plus the University of Chicago.

True, the CIC is not as big of a deal as the AAU.

why would they have a problem with Nebraska?

You are probably referring to the partial qualifiers that Tom Osborne was so fond of using.

That answered my question Blake.

DMX7
01-20-2010, 10:19 PM
don't forget Texas A&M not being a member at the time either.

I just named two. I believe there are actually more besides A&M but at least A&M is nationally ranked (and was when the BIG XII was formed).

of course, Texas helped form the Big XII, so I don't really know what the fuck you are talking about as usual.

Of course, helping form a conference doesn't mean that Texas was happy with all of the selections.

Please... you really think a third tier university in the flat planes of West Texas that has never sniffed a men's basketball or football national championship is really desirable to start a major conference with? Get real. Tech and Baylor are two of the most obvious who politiced their way in.

Blake
01-20-2010, 11:27 PM
True. But the faculty at Notre Dame would love to gain membership to the AAU and the Big Ten would likely ask that Notre Dame become a member.

right, which means that not currently being a member means jack shit.

True, the CIC is not as big of a deal as the AAU.

neither organization is a big deal in these discussions.

That answered my question Blake.

The answer was obvious. I figured your question was rhetorical.

Blake
01-20-2010, 11:35 PM
I just named two. I believe there are actually more besides A&M but at least A&M is nationally ranked (and was when the BIG XII was formed).

A&M was not a member of the AAU when the Big XII was formed and I have no idea what you are referring to when saying "nationally ranked".

Of course, helping form a conference doesn't mean that Texas was happy with all of the selections.

Please... you really think a third tier university in the flat planes of West Texas that has never sniffed a men's basketball or football national championship is really desirable to start a major conference with? Get real. Tech and Baylor are two of the most obvious who politiced their way in.

Why are you trying to change the subject?

Your ignorant guessing at what makes UT happy has nothing to do with the fact that UT helped form the Big XII.

DMX7
01-21-2010, 12:21 AM
A&M was not a member of the AAU when the Big XII was formed and I have no idea what you are referring to when saying "nationally ranked".

Wow...You seriously need to improve your reading comprehension. It's not even funny at this point. I know A&M wasn't a member of the AAU when the BIG XII was formed. Find the post where I said A&M was. In my first post, I gave you two examples of schools that were not in the AAU when the BIG XII was formed, and I didn't suggest or imply A&M was or was not in the AAU. I don't have a clue how you jumped to your conclusion.

"nationally ranked" refers to the de facto rankings of universities published by U.S. News and World Report. The fact that you don't know this is more evidence that you're simply talking out of your ass.

http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-colleges/national-universities-rankings

Your ignorant guessing at what makes UT happy has nothing to do with the fact that UT helped form the Big XII.

Have you even tried researching this BIG XII's formation? No, you haven't.

Blake
01-21-2010, 01:55 AM
Wow...You seriously need to improve your reading comprehension. It's not even funny at this point. I know A&M wasn't a member of the AAU when the BIG XII was formed. Find the post where I said A&M was. In my first post, I gave you two examples of schools that were not in the AAU when the BIG XII was formed, and I didn't suggest or imply A&M was or was not in the AAU. I don't have a clue how you jumped to your conclusion.

Wow...where did I quote you as saying A&M was a member of the AAU?

I said "don't forget A&M" because you threw out Tech and Okie St not being members as a reason why UT didn't want to join the Big XII....I said again A&M was not a member of the Big XII and that I have no idea what you are talking about.

you can quote me as saying "you're an idiot"

"nationally ranked" refers to the de facto rankings of universities published by U.S. News and World Report. The fact that you don't know this is more evidence that you're simply talking out of your ass.

http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-colleges/national-universities-rankings

wow...you seriously need to improve your writing skills and clearly state what you are referring to in order to avoid looking like a dipshit time after time.

unless you just set down your copy of USNWR, "nationally ranked" can mean different things.

Have you even tried researching this BIG XII's formation? No, you haven't.

:lol you are the one saying

I am well aware of the Texas state legislature's hand in forming the Big XII, but that's besides the point.
Please quote your source that says UT was unhappy with Tech being selected.

Chances are, you are simply talking out of your ass.

DMX7
01-21-2010, 02:56 AM
Wow...where did I quote you as saying A&M was a member of the AAU?

You keep responding to me as if I suggested that and I didn't, like in this quote:

A&M was not a member of the AAU when the Big XII was formed

See. You wrote this as if you're correcting me when I didn't suggest otherwise. I didn't "forget" what you said in your first post.

I said "don't forget A&M" because you threw out Tech and Okie St not being members as a reason why UT didn't want to join the Big XII....I said again A&M was not a member of the Big XII and that I have no idea what you are talking about.

you can quote me as saying "you're an idiot"

I don't remember arguing that either. However, I will quote you. "You're an idiot."

wow...you seriously need to improve your writing skills and clearly state what you are referring to in order to avoid looking like a dipshit time after time.

unless you just set down your copy of USNWR, "nationally ranked" can mean different things.

No, if you read it in context and know what USNWR rankings even are, then it really can't. :lol

Blake
01-21-2010, 11:20 AM
No, if you read it in context and know what USNWR rankings even are, then it really can't. :lol

In the context of this being a thread in a sports forum? :lol yes the term "nationally ranked" can unless you're an idiot.

you took my other quote out of context. "You're an idiot" means "You, dmx7, are an idiot."

Please provide your source that UT was unhappy at Tech being selected into the Big XII.

NFO
01-22-2010, 09:42 AM
right, which means that not currently being a member means jack shit.

Sorry Blake but you are wrong. The Big Ten wants a university to be a member of the AAU, and while Notre Dame is not currently a member, he Big Ten would require them to become members of the AAU upon membership if Notre Dame ever accepted an offer.

To say it doesn't mean jack shit is pretty lame. If the Big Ten were to exapnd they are likely going to add a university that is in the AAU or wants to be a member in the AAU and can become a member of the AAU. That being said in knocks out some of the universties being mentioned as canidates to join the Big Ten.

The answer was obvious. I figured your question was rhetorical.

The answer was not obvious to me. I don't follow the Big XII that closely, especially the whole formation of the conference so, some of those types of issues I am unfamilar with. I'm sure there are some Big Ten issues that I would think would be common sense that you would have no clue about.

Blake
01-22-2010, 12:07 PM
Sorry Blake but you are wrong. The Big Ten wants a university to be a member of the AAU, and while Notre Dame is not currently a member, he Big Ten would require them to become members of the AAU upon membership if Notre Dame ever accepted an offer.

great, then not currently being a member means jack squat. If the Big 10 wants a school to join, they'll just run to the AAU, get them to send an invitation and it's done.

To say it doesn't mean jack shit is pretty lame. If the Big Ten were to exapnd they are likely going to add a university that is in the AAU or wants to be a member in the AAU and can become a member of the AAU. That being said in knocks out some of the universties being mentioned as canidates to join the Big Ten.

You are the first person I have ever heard talk about the importance of the AAU in the decision making process of inviting a school to join the conference.

Again, if Notre Dame is not currently a member and the Big 10 is salivating at the thought of adding them, then really, it's not a big deal to currently be an AAU member in this respect.

It's pretty lame that this is even a discussion.

The answer was not obvious to me. I don't follow the Big XII that closely, especially the whole formation of the conference so, some of those types of issues I am unfamilar with.

The answer was obvious because UT is currently in the same conference as Nebraska. Obviously the partial scholarships was not that big of an issue.

I'm sure there are some Big Ten issues that I would think would be common sense that you would have no clue about.

You mean issues like the importance of the AAU and the CIC?

:lol

I don't think you have much of a clue what you are talking about.

NFO
01-22-2010, 12:30 PM
great, then not currently being a member means jack squat. If the Big 10 wants a school to join, they'll just run to the AAU, get them to send an invitation and it's done.

I think this is a case where you either get or you don't and I guess you just don't get it.

You are the first person I have ever heard talk about the importance of the AAU in the decision making process of inviting a school to join the conference.

Again, if Notre Dame is not currently a member and the Big 10 is salivating at the thought of adding them, then really, it's not a big deal to currently be an AAU member in this respect.

It's pretty lame that this is even a discussion.

I thought it was common sense that since all the Big Ten schools are members of the AAU that a potential new member would have to either be a member of the AAU or be eligible to become a member. Yes Notre Dame is not a member of the AAU currently, but they are eligible to become a member. If the Big Ten offered membership to Notre Dame and they accepted they Big Ten would likely ask them to become a member of the AAU.

The answer was obvious because UT is currently in the same conference as Nebraska. Obviously the partial scholarships was not that big of an issue.

Never said it was a big issue, I just asked a simple question about UT and the formation of the conference, no big deal, someone already polietly answered my question.

I don't think you have much of a clue what you are talking about.

:lmao Thanks for the laugh Blake.

Blake
01-22-2010, 03:39 PM
I think this is a case where you either get or you don't and I guess you just don't get it.

I get that Notre Dame is not currently a member of the AAU but the Big 10 wants them as part of the conference.

I'm not sure what part of that you don't get.

I thought it was common sense that since all the Big Ten schools are members of the AAU that a potential new member would have to either be a member of the AAU or be eligible to become a member. Yes Notre Dame is not a member of the AAU currently, but they are eligible to become a member. If the Big Ten offered membership to Notre Dame and they accepted they Big Ten would likely ask them to become a member of the AAU.

:lol There are no hard rules for eligiblity. The criteria for becoming a member is subjective. If the AAU thinks a school is a good research school, they send them an invite to join.

You just said it yourself that Notre Dame is not currently a member. Therefore not currently being a member is not a big deal.

I guess you just don't get it.

:lmao Thanks for the laugh Blake.

ditto :toast

:tu

LOL texans
01-24-2010, 01:19 PM
No one in the Big 12 south gives a shit about K-State.

MajorMike
01-25-2010, 10:05 AM
I wouldn't have said it quite like that, but yeah. I care just a little bit less than I do about Mizzou.

K-State Spur
01-25-2010, 12:10 PM
No one in the Big 12 south gives a shit about K-State.

obviously not, UT just chalks it up as a loss and moves on to the next game.