PDA

View Full Version : Rasheed Wallace is a homo

Shank
01-19-2010, 12:59 PM
Sheed: League doesn't like tough D on Dirk

Posted By Mike Petraglia On January 18, 2010 @ 11:52 pm In General | No Comments

Rasheed Wallace felt he had plenty to complain about Monday night during the Celtics' loss to the Mavericks. (AP)

Dirk Nowitzki - with 37 points on 14-of-22 shooting from the floor - had a great game. Rasheed Wallace thinks he had a whole lot of help from the officiating crew of Tony Brown, Dan Crawford and John Goble.

Wallace didn't hold back in expressing his frustration following Monday night's game about a crucial fourth personal foul called on him with 5:16 remaining in the third quarter and the Celtics holding on to a 63-60 lead.

With Wallace on the bench, Dirk Nowitzki led the Mavericks on a 15-5 run to close out the third quarter, on their way to a 99-90 win over the Celtics at TD Garden.

"You know, they don't like no tough defense on him so of course I get a whole lot of bull[crap] calls but that's how the story goes," Wallace said [1], before adding, "I ain't worried about it. We'll see them again. Honestly, I can't remember which one the fourth foul was, there were so many bogus [calls]. I ain't worried about it. Like I said, we'll see them again. We go down there in about a month or so. There'll be retribution."

Wallace and the Celtics will have their chance at payback on March 20 when the Celtics visit Dallas.

Wallace also said there was a double-standard when it came to fouls that weren't called on Paul Pierce [2].
-----------------

Let's see, 14-22 shooting and Wallace thinks it had something to do with the officiating. Brilliant.

Whisky Dog
01-19-2010, 01:02 PM
Sheed finding out now what he would have found out 2 months ago if he signed with the Spurs.

DAF86
01-19-2010, 01:05 PM
To be fair, Dirk does get a lot of calls for a guy that shoots jumpers 80% of the time, is like every time he goes to the basket he gets the call, he really knows how to sell it.

Shank
01-19-2010, 01:07 PM
It's not a stretch to say the best players in the league right now are the ones that know how to convincingly play the refs. The dude can shoot, obviously, but he also has the knack to get the calls when needed. We all hate it, but it's part of the game.

SenorSpur
01-19-2010, 01:09 PM
I agree that Dirk gets a lot of calls - some of them unnecessarily so.

However, this complaint would've been taken more seriously coming from someone other than Sheed. When has he ever NOT complained about officiating or gotten a T for doing so?

badfish22
01-19-2010, 01:15 PM
He knows how to use ball fakes and head fakes to get his opponent off balance and draw a foul. He also attacked the basket a lot last night. There wasn't a single foul last night that I thought was a bad call. Sometimes he does get a few calls in his favor though.

Sheed is just being the cry baby he is supposed to be.

z0sa
01-19-2010, 01:22 PM
:sleep Dirk getting bullshit calls is common knowledge for BB fans. Deal with it, move on.

Shank
01-19-2010, 01:28 PM
:sleep Dirk getting bullshit calls is common knowledge for BB fans. Deal with it, move on.

Exactly. But it's also fair to say all the "superstars" in the league get their share of these calls.

Last night, though, Dirk was just stroking it over Sheed/Scalabrine/Big Retard. This complaint from Wallace is invalid.

Fpoonsie
Yeah, as a 7 footer shooter, he's gonna get bumped and hand checked...a LOT. It's up to the refs to make the call, one in which TECHNICALLY, they could make if they were so inclined.

He may have the European flair for the dramatic, but as a Spur fan, I can't in good conscience criticize "selling the foul".

stretch

as is the same with all the stars in the league, including timmy and tony.

deal with it, move on

TDMVPDPOY
01-19-2010, 01:29 PM
why is he whinin, the celts get away with alot of shit anyway

badfish22
01-19-2010, 01:32 PM
why is he whinin,

This is Rasheed Wallace. He will always whine after getting torched. It will help him keep his "good defense" label even though he is a lazy fatass.

z0sa
01-19-2010, 01:33 PM

deal with it, move on

the Spurs easily averaged the lowest FTs per contest in the entire NBA last season, and one of the lowest amounts ever. It's been argued with statistical basis that the Spurs receive the least star treatment of any team.

Shastafarian
01-19-2010, 01:36 PM
I haven't been able to watch them a lot this year, but in recent years the Celts have gotten away with the most moving screens I have ever seen.

DAF86
01-19-2010, 01:38 PM

deal with it, move on

lol Tony is always among the top 3/5 players in the league in points scored in the paint and he has a career average of 4 ft attempts per game, he never benefited from the officials' calls.

Shank
01-19-2010, 01:41 PM
lol Tony is always among the top 3/5 players in the league in points scored in the paint and he has a career average of 4 ft attempts per game, he never benefited from the officials' calls.

Because, a lot of times, he outruns the defense and makes it to the paint without being touched.

badfish22
01-19-2010, 01:45 PM
According to the Elias Stats Bureau, Nowitzki has averaged 27.4 points per game against Boston, as well as 9.1 rebounds per game, during his career. The only other active player who is averaging at least 27 points and nine rebounds against any NBA team, with a minimum 10 games played, is LeBron James (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=1966) vs. Portland (28.4 and 9.3).

Dirk always torches Boston

stretch
01-19-2010, 01:46 PM
the Spurs easily averaged the lowest FTs per contest in the entire NBA last season, and one of the lowest amounts ever. It's been argued with statistical basis that the Spurs receive the least star treatment of any team.

:cry for one year, arguably their worst year in almost a decade

Double-Up
01-19-2010, 01:58 PM
He knows how to use ball fakes and head fakes to get his opponent off balance and draw a foul. He also attacked the basket a lot last night. There wasn't a single foul last night that I thought was a bad call. Sometimes he does get a few calls in his favor though.

Sheed is just being the cry baby he is supposed to be.

No shit, you're a Mavs fan.

Shank
01-19-2010, 02:03 PM
No shit, you're a Mavs fan.

Did you watch the game? Please give your take rather than trying to shit on someone for giving theirs.

hitmanyr2k
01-19-2010, 02:05 PM
He may have the European flair for the dramatic, but as a Spur fan, I can't in good conscience criticize "selling the foul".

I think "selling the foul" is a huge problem with the NBA today. It's not just the Euros. It's all the stars in the league. None of these star players know how to play straight up ball anymore without flailing or screaming or whatever. As a fan of defense it's sad to watch. Makes me think of Kobe last night "selling" that he was fouled on a jumpshot when he wasn't even touched. Dwight Howard mimicked how ridiculous Kobe looked but that kind of flailing shit works in today's "softer than Charmin" NBA. I can see how an old school player like Sheed would get frustrated by it. He pretty much said the same of Hedo earlier in the year. Of course he also has his own flopper Paul Pierce on the team so he can't throw stones.

JamStone
01-19-2010, 02:05 PM
Sheed is a homo because he's bitching about officiating?

Have you watched his career? Sheed has been bitching and whining about calls since he was in diapers. That's who he is. Why is he a homo now? Cuz he's bitching about Dirk? Come on now.

Allanon
01-19-2010, 02:06 PM
Mofo, check your own boy Paul Pierce. That fool's the king of drawing fouls.

Double-Up
01-19-2010, 02:06 PM
Did you watch the game? Please give your take rather than trying to shit on someone for giving theirs.

The calls that he got were the normal superstar Dirk calls nothing new, fact being at least half of those are not fouls and as we saw with the replacement refs during the preseason wouldn't be called. IMO superstar calls should be done away with altogether but we all know that's never gonna happen.

BRHornet45
01-19-2010, 02:08 PM
sons this is nothing new and Sheed is absolutely correct ... Dirk has made his living from the free throw line. take away the help that he receives on a nightly basis from the refs and he is nothing more than a 12-15 point per game player who can hit 3's.

badfish22
01-19-2010, 02:10 PM
The calls that he got were the normal superstar Dirk calls nothing new, fact being at least half of those are not fouls and as we saw with the replacement refs during the preseason wouldn't be called. IMO superstar calls should be done away with altogether but we all know that's never gonna happen.

lol at this bitch. He didn't watch the game. Hes just pussy hurt that hes team doesn't have a superstar. You sound like BR

Fpoonsie
01-19-2010, 02:12 PM
I think "selling the foul" is a huge problem with the NBA today. It's not just the Euros. It's all the stars in the league. None of these star players know how to play straight up ball anymore without flailing or screaming or whatever. As a fan of defense it's sad to watch. Makes me think of Kobe last night "selling" that he was fouled on a jumpshot when he wasn't even touched. Dwight Howard mimicked how ridiculous Kobe looked but that kind of flailing shit works in today's "softer than Charmin" NBA. I can see how an old school player like Sheed would get frustrated by it. He pretty much said the same of Hedo earlier in the year. Of course he also has his own flopper Paul Pierce on the team so he can't throw stones.

Yeah, I'm not a fan either. I don't think anyone really LIKES it, but, hell, I'll readily admit that I appreciate when it works out in my team's favor, regardless of how ugly it may be.

And, yeah, I don't believe it's only a European thing. Only that the league may've been influenced by it...and apparently, now seemingly everyone seems to've adopted.

Shank
01-19-2010, 02:15 PM
Sheed is a homo because he's bitching about officiating?

Have you watched his career? Sheed has been bitching and whining about calls since he was in diapers. That's who he is. Why is he a homo now? Cuz he's bitching about Dirk? Come on now.

I stand corrected. Apparently, he's been a homo for a while now.

Double-Up
01-19-2010, 02:21 PM
lol at this bitch. He didn't watch the game. Hes just pussy hurt that hes team doesn't have a superstar. You sound like BR

Sounds like my cock down your mama's throat.

JamStone
01-19-2010, 02:37 PM
I stand corrected. Apparently, he's been a homo for a while now.

Yup. And apparently the 2006 NBA Finals evidences the entire Mavs fanbase as homos.

badfish22
01-19-2010, 02:40 PM
Sounds like my cock down your mama's throat.

:rolleyes Rocketfan. Resorting to "your mama" jokes when he has nothing else.

j.dizzle
01-19-2010, 02:41 PM
LOL at ppl bitching about sheed..He's been doing this for years, no surprises here.

Shank
01-19-2010, 02:46 PM
Yup. And apparently the 2006 NBA Finals evidences the entire Mavs fanbase as homos.

And apparently you felt the need to bring up the 2006 Mavericks as though they're relevant to the original discussion. What would a team's fanbase have to do with the respective team's performance in a given year?

Is Wallace your boyfriend? Why do you feel the need to defend his bullshit?

scampers
01-19-2010, 02:49 PM
Typical Rasheed Wallace. Nothing new here. Do not let him get under your skin. That is his intentions.

mavsfan1000
01-19-2010, 02:50 PM
Fuck you Rasheed Wallace. Dirk is one of the few superstars that is other players are allowed to bang with without fouls being called. His pumpfakes are very good and cause players to hit him. A lot of times they won't even call that.

z0sa
01-19-2010, 03:00 PM
:cry for one year, arguably their worst year in almost a decade

Yet still good enough to secure the 3rd seed in a tough western conference. I honestly believe it was just an anomaly, combined with Tim's debilitating injury which caused him to lose what little athleticism he does possess and use. But one must agree that Dirk receives more star treatment - that's not an insult, it's just a fact of life.

dirk4mvp
01-19-2010, 03:00 PM
People who think driving to the basket is the only way to draw fouls are slow in the head.

Basketballgirl25
01-19-2010, 03:01 PM
Dirk does get a lot of bullshit fouls, but nothing new with bullshit fouls on players like him Kobe and Lebron get them all well, nothing new with it.

SpursFTW
01-19-2010, 03:01 PM
I dont like dirk at all but he is a baller... now pierce on the other hand!!
Pierce is the slowest piece of shit on the planet and gets every fuckin call !!

Oh and perkins needs to get his ass dropped for being a douche yesterday

Fpoonsie
01-19-2010, 03:04 PM
People who think driving to the basket is the only way to draw fouls are slow in the head.

Yeah, that's what makes the guy so dangerous/irritating. He's a 7 footer that loves to pull up from the perimeter or a few feet in. How do you guard the guy W/O fouling?

DAF86
01-19-2010, 03:08 PM
Yeah, that's what makes the guy so dangerous/irritating. He's a 7 footer that loves to pull up from the perimeter or a few feet in. How do you guard the guy W/O fouling?

Well, you don't. One of the most (if not the most) important rules in basketball is to never foul a jump shooter, even if he's making his jumpshots 'cause the most probable thing is that if he makes jump shots he will make free throws.

Double-Up
01-19-2010, 03:09 PM
:rolleyes Rocketfan. Resorting to "your mama" jokes when he has nothing else.

Coming from a fan that roots for a team that's never won a championship that means a lot to me, go mouthsync David Hasselholf with Dirk you sorry bitch.

Shank
01-19-2010, 03:11 PM
Coming from a fan that roots for a team that's never won a championship that means a lot to me, go mouthsync David Hasselholf with Dirk you sorry bitch.

Jesus. What's wrong with you?

dirk4mvp
01-19-2010, 03:14 PM
u mad?

baseline bum
01-19-2010, 03:15 PM
Dirk's a flopper on par with Karl Malone, Manu Ginobili, Vlade Divac, and Derek Fisher. I fucking hate flopping, but I blame the idiot refs more than the players who need to get every competitive advantage they can.

z0sa
01-19-2010, 03:15 PM
Dirk initiates a lot of the contact for his fouls, and he's 15-18 feet out. The zebras don't give guys driving hard in the paint as much credit when they initiate contact into other players (invade their vertical space); why do they allow touch fouls then for Dirk in a similar situation only because he's so far out? That's the only inconsistency I never understood.

dirk4mvp
01-19-2010, 03:19 PM
Dirk initiates a lot of the contact for his fouls, and he's 15-18 feet out. The zebras don't give guys driving hard in the paint as much credit when they initiate contact into other players (invade their vertical space); why do they allow touch fouls then for Dirk in a similar situation only because he's so far out? That's the only inconsistency I never understood.

You should release your hate for the Mavericks and just appreciate the greatness of Dirk Nowitzki.

Double-Up
01-19-2010, 03:22 PM
u mad?

Not really.

Shank
01-19-2010, 03:22 PM
Dirk's a flopper on par with Karl Malone, Manu Ginobili, Vlade Divac, and Derek Fisher. I fucking hate flopping, but I blame the idiot refs more than the players who need to get every competitive advantage they can.

This is the complete opposite of what Wallace was complaining about last night. It's not like he was 25-26 from the FT line. He shot 14-22.

Double-Up
01-19-2010, 03:23 PM

+1...it ain't just Dirk but for a 7ft guy with no post game and no athleticism he sure gets a lot of calls.

leemajors
01-19-2010, 03:25 PM
Exactly. But it's also fair to say all the "superstars" in the league get their share of these calls.

Last night, though, Dirk was just stroking it over Sheed/Scalabrine/Big Retard. This complaint from Wallace is invalid.

If he had shot 8-22 or something similar and scored that many he might have a point. But 14-22, no freaking way.

badfish22
01-19-2010, 03:26 PM

And then he brings out the "0 rings" talk :wakeup. Rocketfan is easily the most pathetic fanbase on this site.

Double-Up
01-19-2010, 03:53 PM
And then he brings out the "0 rings" talk :wakeup. Rocketfan is easily the most pathetic fanbase on this site.

:lol ...it's cool I can check Mav fans just by using statistics, just as the average joe could. I've wasted enough of my day, see you hoes in another thread.

JamStone
01-19-2010, 04:53 PM
And apparently you felt the need to bring up the 2006 Mavericks as though they're relevant to the original discussion. What would a team's fanbase have to do with the respective team's performance in a given year?

Is Wallace your boyfriend? Why do you feel the need to defend his bullshit?

The original discussion was you calling Rasheed a homo for complaining about Dirk getting foul calls. The way the Mavs fanbase reacted and complained about officiating when it came to Wade getting foul calls in the 2006 NBA Finals is very pertinent to the original discussion. I was drawing a very relevant parallel.

Wallace is not my boyfriend. I'm not a homo. Mavs fans that complained about Wade getting superstar foul calls are, right? I actually agreed with you about Rasheed. I wouldn't have used the word "homo," but I do think Rasheed is a bitch when he complains about officiating. I was just merely suggesting that it's not surprising, nor should it be a big deal or taken so sensitively as it was by you.

Under your criticism of Rasheed, that would make any Mavs fan who complained about Wade getting foul calls back in 2006 a homo as well. Wouldn't it? Relevance. Sorry if you feel offended that I made that observation. It's cool though. I know you're only defending your boyfriend Dirk.

HarlemHeat37
01-19-2010, 05:06 PM
-Rasheed is being a pussy for airing this out in the media, as usual..

-Dirk is probably top 3 in the NBA in getting calls, only behind Lebron and Wade IMO..nothing wrong with that, that's the NBA and he's a superstar, he's earned it..he also obviously benefits from the handcheck rules, as do most wing stars..

-The Celtics get away with more than any non-Lakers team anyways..

blink
01-19-2010, 05:14 PM
It's not a stretch to say the best players in the league right now are the ones that know how to convincingly play the refs. The dude can shoot, obviously, but he also has the knack to get the calls when needed. We all hate it, but it's part of the game.

wow

stretch
01-19-2010, 05:17 PM
jamstone taking silly humor too seriously once again

what else is new :rolleyes

baseline bum
01-19-2010, 05:20 PM
The joke's only funny to you. No one else is laughing.

stretch
01-19-2010, 05:22 PM
The joke's only funny to you. No one else is laughing.

:bloodyvag

i never said it was funny. i just said that it was an attempt at humor.

nothing to get your chode bent over the way you and jam often do in these situations.

himat
01-19-2010, 10:10 PM
The original discussion was you calling Rasheed a homo for complaining about Dirk getting foul calls. The way the Mavs fanbase reacted and complained about officiating when it came to Wade getting foul calls in the 2006 NBA Finals is very pertinent to the original discussion. I was drawing a very relevant parallel.

Wallace is not my boyfriend. I'm not a homo. Mavs fans that complained about Wade getting superstar foul calls are, right? I actually agreed with you about Rasheed. I wouldn't have used the word "homo," but I do think Rasheed is a bitch when he complains about officiating. I was just merely suggesting that it's not surprising, nor should it be a big deal or taken so sensitively as it was by you.

Under your criticism of Rasheed, that would make any Mavs fan who complained about Wade getting foul calls back in 2006 a homo as well. Wouldn't it? Relevance. Sorry if you feel offended that I made that observation. It's cool though. I know you're only defending your boyfriend Dirk.

Man I love your posts. Did you ever work in law? You always back yourself up perfectly.

As for Rasheed...I actually think this is a little different. I don't remember Sheed complaining off the court too much. I thought he only did it on the court. Yeah he occasionally bitched about LeBron, but this year he is going after everybody: Hedo, Dirk, etc.

On the Pistons I could see why he would get frustrated because we didn't really have anyone who got BS calls, but he has Paul Pierce on his team now.:lol

ffadicted
01-19-2010, 10:46 PM
'Sheed is right gents and ladies

badfish22
01-20-2010, 12:08 AM
i just don't get why any mavs fan would want to start a thread like this.

First off, it's rasheed wallace, the guy would bitch about being hung with a new rope.

Second, how exactly did you think a thread like this would go? That all spurs fans here would say "great point! The refs never give dirk preferential treatment! The mavericks aren't so bad after all! I'd even be willing to give mark cuban a handjob!"

this is spurstalk, roger mason could bring a glock onto the court and shoot dirk in the leg and spurs fans would bitch about how dirk forced roger to get gunpowder residue on his hand which caused him to miss a critical three pointer.

Just give it up and make fun of laker fans.

+1

crc21209
01-20-2010, 01:34 AM
For a guy who takes more jump shots than taking the ball to the hole, Dirk does get alot of calls...

duhoh
01-20-2010, 01:39 AM

:tu

but the complaint is unnecessary, not invalid :lol.

i've noticed with dirk's footwork that when he has the ball in both hands, he likes to swing them elbows all over the place and any sort of defense is almost an automatic foul. sneaky sonuva. . . haha

koriwhat
01-20-2010, 11:56 AM
dirk is the homo here and always has been. dude gets the most bs calls of any one player in this league! no doubt about it. fuck the germ!

stretch
01-20-2010, 12:24 PM
dirk is the homo here and always has been. dude gets the most bs calls of any one player in this league! no doubt about it. fuck the germ!

cool story bro

dirk4mvp
01-20-2010, 12:25 PM

Hippie's opinions are irrelevant.

BadOdor
01-20-2010, 01:29 PM
lol long hair.

duncan228
01-20-2010, 03:25 PM
Celtics’ Wallace fined $35K for criticizing refs (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-celtics-wallacefined&prov=ap&type=lgns)

Boston Celtics forward Rasheed Wallace has been fined $35,000 by the NBA for publicly criticizing officials.

NBA executive vice president of basketball operations Stu Jackson announced the decision in a statement Wednesday.

Wallace was fined for comments he made following the Celtics’ 99-90 loss to the Dallas Mavericks on Monday.

Johnny RIngo
01-20-2010, 03:53 PM
Rasheed may be whining here but he's right. Dirk gets away with some BS FTs at times. Nothing compared to guys like Kobe, Wade, and Lebron though.