PDA

View Full Version : Why does the Jazz own the Spurs so badly?

nkdlunch
01-19-2010, 02:51 PM
What is it about their game that we can't keep up with them?

is it a matchup problem? or does Sloan have these Spurs all figured out? Parker not being able to play as before?

TinTin
01-19-2010, 02:57 PM
I am guessing it is a lack of interior d because utah gets into the paint fairly easily

COULD B E WRONG :D

cheguevara
01-19-2010, 03:04 PM
Their frontline kills us. Boozer has been raping us. and Millsap as well. Also their scrub guards seem to shine vs. Spurs. Also I think they defend 3 very well.

I don't know, I am afraid these matchup problems are similar to probles w/lakers. We need to see Spurs overcome this next game or it's gonna be worrysome

blkroadrunners
01-19-2010, 03:13 PM
I just think the Spurs weren't well prepared to play against them w/ their new lineup, especially the 1st 2 games. They already played the Jazz 3 times by 12/7/09. Now, the Spurs are a little more accustom to each other. I'd be really suprised if the Jazz beat them Wednesday.

murpjf88
01-19-2010, 03:14 PM
The jazz don't own us. They haven't beat us in the post season in the Duncan Era. We had a 20 game home win streak snapped earlier this season. We have faired well in utah the past couple of years. This year, we seem to be ownd by all the elite teams.

We can't stop the inside scoring attack of Boozer and Milsap as well as the penetration of Deron Williams. Our perimeter defense is poor and has trouble defending the three ball.

Bukefal
01-19-2010, 03:19 PM
We will own them tomorrow.

lefty
01-19-2010, 03:23 PM
It's ok, we beat the shit out of them in the 2007 WCF

timaios
01-19-2010, 04:43 PM
Because Carlos Boozer has decided to be Wilt Chamberlain against the Spurs this year... And of course he sucks against everyone else ! :bang

It's like Terry & Howard for the Mavs. :bang:bang:bang

TIMMYD!
01-19-2010, 05:17 PM
Better yet, why is it that scrubs seem to get hot when they play against us like timaios said?

HarlemHeat37
01-19-2010, 05:34 PM
The Spurs always own the Jazz, which is why it's strange that they've beaten us 3 times already, including ending their embarrassing losing streak @ San Antonio..I think it's a combination of the Spurs struggling against +.500 teams + the Jazz being fortunate to have played us 3 times at the time when the team was struggling most..

If the Spurs lose tomorrow, I'll be worried..

Dex
01-19-2010, 05:54 PM
Because Carlos Boozer has decided to be Wilt Chamberlain against the Spurs this year... And of course he sucks against everyone else ! :bang

It's like Terry & Howard for the Mavs. :bang:bang:bang

This.

For some reason, both Boozer and Okur both seem to think any game against the Spurs is like the NBA Finals and the Olympic Gold game wrapped into one. Couple that with the fact that the Jazz are typically a good defensive team (which always seem to really bother the Spurs offense), and it's a recipe for disaster.

exstatic
01-19-2010, 07:33 PM
The Spurs always own the Jazz, which is why it's strange that they've beaten us 3 times already, including ending their embarrassing losing streak @ San Antonio..I think it's a combination of the Spurs struggling against +.500 teams + the Jazz being fortunate to have played us 3 times at the time when the team was struggling most..

If the Spurs lose tomorrow, I'll be worried..

It's just 'Los, playing for his contract. Nothing to see here. Please move on. :)

pjjrfan
01-19-2010, 09:05 PM
If they play with the same intensity they showed against the Hornets they should be alble to beat the Jazz. The jazz are not a very good road team, but they did win here to snap a long losing streak. But the truth is that the Spurs in the Duncan era have owned the Jazz. LIke Sparky Anderson used to say every dog has his day, hopefully that day has come and gone for the jazz.

Tp9gospursgo
01-19-2010, 09:26 PM
Boozer seems to always have the games of his life against us...hittin fadeaways with hands in his face. Hope we can stop him.

itzsoweezee
01-19-2010, 10:54 PM
small ball

spurs_philippines
01-19-2010, 11:15 PM
their frontline's hustle and intensity kills us

Sean Cagney
01-19-2010, 11:21 PM
The jazz don't own us. They haven't beat us in the post season in the Duncan Era. We had a 20 game home win streak snapped earlier this season. We have faired well in utah the past couple of years. This year, we seem to be ownd by all the elite teams.

We can't stop the inside scoring attack of Boozer and Milsap as well as the penetration of Deron Williams. Our perimeter defense is poor and has trouble defending the three ball.

^^^^^^^^^^ This, we beat them for years on end, they win three against us this year and now they own us? They got the best this year early, thats HARDLY OWNING the Spurs. If they do this for years then yeah, but this thread title is misdealing and as others said the Spurs played them three times very early with a new team.

Whisky Dog
01-19-2010, 11:56 PM
The jazz owned us in the 90's pre 99.

We've owned them since. They got a good streak right now.

hater
01-20-2010, 12:57 PM
even fucking Boozer's shot is different vs. Spurs. He uses a super high arc that goes over Timmy

LOL@MavsFan
01-20-2010, 01:30 PM

Thank you...they own as much as the Mavs "own us":lol

JR3
01-20-2010, 03:22 PM
So to sum it all up. The spurs have owned the jazz in the duncan era. The first 3 games against them this year have just been too early in the season. Half our team was new and there will be a different outcome tonight.

TDMVPDPOY
01-20-2010, 04:04 PM
jazz ownin us is like the bucks owning us :(

FkLA
01-20-2010, 04:14 PM
The first one was what like the second game of the season, the game Parker and Duncan got injured I believe. Same with the second one, real early in the season and we had some injuries if Im not mistaken.

The third one went down to the wire, in Salt Lake City which is one of the toughest places to play (ask teams like the Lakers and Cavs about that). I wouldnt it call it ownage when you factor in the circumstances in which the 3 losses happened. Spurs will put a beatdown on them today though no doubt.

nkdlunch
01-20-2010, 11:41 PM
I just hope we don't face the Jazz in the playoffs or it's gonna go like Warriors vs. Mavs

:pctoss :pctoss :pctoss :pctoss :pctoss :pctoss :pctoss :pctoss :pctoss :pctoss :pctoss :pctoss :pctoss :pctoss :pctoss :pctoss :pctoss :pctoss :pctoss :pctoss :pctoss :pctoss :pctoss :pctoss

hater
01-20-2010, 11:44 PM
just a matchup issue. plain and simple.

I hope we are not as mismatched vs. Healthy Lakers. And we are not. Because Jazz have depth, AND a beast of a PG, something Lakers don't have, and will not have.

BanditHiro
01-20-2010, 11:46 PM
I just hope we don't face the Jazz in the playoffs or it's gonna go like Warriors vs. Mavs

:pctoss :pctoss :pctoss :pctoss :pctoss :pctoss :pctoss :pctoss :pctoss :pctoss :pctoss :pctoss :pctoss :pctoss :pctoss :pctoss :pctoss :pctoss :pctoss :pctoss :pctoss :pctoss :pctoss :pctoss

no because they can't do this shit in the playoffs

Sean Cagney
01-20-2010, 11:47 PM

I can't even talk right now, I am beyond pissed.

ffadicted
Boozer + AK: 57 and 21, 23/32

Can I puke?

HarlemHeat37
Utah has the same team they had when we beat them in the 2007 playoffs and in years after that..the Spurs are just clearly significantly worse than we were since the last title..

Utah sweeping the season series from the Spurs tells me that this is the end of the line for the Spurs without a trade coming..not that it wasn't obvious to everybody else..

leemajors
01-20-2010, 11:49 PM
they're well coached and disciplined, two things the Spurs aren't this year.

in2deep
01-21-2010, 10:04 AM
What the fuck!!!!

Boozer looks like Wilt Chamberlain out there!!!

and Kirilenko looked like Larry Bird

in2deep
01-21-2010, 10:05 AM
I agree Pop had some shitty rotations. It's clear Parker was hurting the team. Where the fuck was Mason?????? what the fuck was Bonner doing out there??? he clearly can't shoot with that hand brace. did he really have to brick 3 wide open shots for Pop to realize????? Why leave Manu out there for the entire 3rd quarter and part of 4th, why not rest him for the 4th??? :bang

And last but not least, why not go to Timmy more???? IMO Pop ruined Timmy's 20,000 pt night.

oh and RJ sucks

:depressed

Agloco
01-21-2010, 10:19 AM
What is it about their game that we can't keep up with them?

is it a matchup problem? or does Sloan have these Spurs all figured out? Parker not being able to play as before?

A combination of softer interior D and our backcourt not playing well (I'm pointing at Parker for the most part, but Manu and Hill haven't helped either).

The soft interior D is allowing Boozer to look like a hall of famer and the backcourt isn't negating D-Wills contributions or scoring enough to keep pace.

Agloco
01-21-2010, 10:21 AM

Not a good comparison at all. We're not nearly as good as the Mavs were then. No one would consider it an upset right now if Utah beat us in the first round.

Chomag
01-21-2010, 10:22 AM
Utah has the same team they had when we beat them in the 2007 playoffs and in years after that..the Spurs are just clearly significantly worse than we were since the last title..

Utah sweeping the season series from the Spurs tells me that this is the end of the line for the Spurs without a trade coming..not that it wasn't obvious to everybody else..

Yet still there are many choose to keep there blinders on...

This team is lacking one of the most important recipes for championship success, and that being mentel toughness. They only seem to want to play the game for no more then 12 minutes.

A team will not even be able to sniff a championship run playing in spurts.

Now about teams running lay-up drills on the spurs all this season? heh, lets not even go there...:depressed

elec99
01-21-2010, 01:20 PM
It's amazing that a team that may not even make the PO can own us like this. It's not much, but maybe we can take solace in the fact that Boozer may be traded since most believe he doesn't want to play for Utah next year, so the Jazz may want to get something for him now as opposed to just letting him walk.

So if the Jazz do creep into the PO it may be without Boozer, though the Spurs still have major problems to fix.

elec99
01-21-2010, 01:22 PM
Kirilenko was the difference, and Jefferson can't guard him. His shots were wide open, whether it be a jumper or an uncontested lane to the basket. Credit their picks and screens for this, but RJ can't stay with him. You have to make Kirilenko work on D by going to RJ on a few more plays, then maybe Andre isnt as effective on offense.

Johnny RIngo
01-21-2010, 01:31 PM
Kirilenko was the difference, and Jefferson can't guard him. His shots were wide open, whether it be a jumper or an uncontested lane to the basket. Credit their picks and screens for this, but RJ can't stay with him. You have to make Kirilenko work on D by going to RJ on a few more plays, then maybe Andre isnt as effective on offense.

AK exploded against the Spurs cause RJ sucks. He's a fucking useless player. Hoopstats eff list for small forwards has 20 players ranked above him.

duhoh
01-21-2010, 01:46 PM

only the mavs were a LOT better though

tmtcsc
01-21-2010, 03:48 PM
Because we suck this year ?