PDA

View Full Version : Building an ark in Southern California

duncan228
01-19-2010, 03:40 PM
Got a month's worth of rain yesterday, and it's forecast to rain like this through Thursday. I know rain isn't usually considered significant weather, but it is here. We just don't get this kind of rain often. Got flash flood warnings, trees uprooting...it's nasty.

Hope my fellow Southern California SpursTalkers are staying safe and dry.

I'm not sure if it will be earthquakes or rain that cause California to 'tumble into the sea'.

(See you back in Annandale mrsmaalox :))

IronMexican
01-19-2010, 03:57 PM
Raining a shit load. I'm gonna have to shovel water out of a ditch in the driveway tonight.

lil_penny
01-19-2010, 04:05 PM
A little taste of the nw for you guys lol

Sportcamper
01-19-2010, 04:10 PM
I like this rain…I feel like I really do need a full size pick-up truck to navigate through flooding & poor road conditions…Plus I get to wear my cowboy hat & that is very cool...

duncan228
01-19-2010, 04:18 PM
Tornado warning in effect for Orange County. :wow

symple19
01-19-2010, 04:55 PM
SoCal peeps are even wimpier than us NoCalifornians(which is no small feat)... lolololol Hang in there guys!!!!

IronMexican
01-19-2010, 05:25 PM
rain gone. Sunny now.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-19-2010, 07:11 PM
Got a month's worth of rain yesterday, and it's forecast to rain like this through Thursday. I know rain isn't usually considered significant weather, but it is here. We just don't get this kind of rain often. Got flash flood warnings, trees uprooting...it's nasty.

Hope my fellow Southern California SpursTalkers are staying safe and dry.

I'm not sure if it will be earthquakes or rain that cause California to 'tumble into the sea'.

(See you back in Annandale mrsmaalox :))

Welcome to a strong El Nino. You get rain, we get drought.

Australia, OTOH, is baking. It'll be 38C in two days, and last week it was around 40C for 5 straight days. I hate summer.

phxspurfan
01-19-2010, 11:40 PM
Yeah and now AZ is getting slammed by these storms. Plus is that the slopes will be ripe with fresh powder the next few weeks.

I have missed rainy days though; and those random flash flood warnings I heard the beeping for on the TV when I lived in SA. Theyre freaking out here because rain could be well over one inch.

4>0rings
01-19-2010, 11:42 PM
Hopefully the rain washed SoCal off the map.

Blue Jew
01-19-2010, 11:49 PM
Ruff tried to warn you all about global warming!

TDMVPDPOY
01-20-2010, 12:16 AM
Welcome to a strong El Nino. You get rain, we get drought.

Australia, OTOH, is baking. It'll be 38C in two days, and last week it was around 40C for 5 straight days. I hate summer.

ruff i be in vietnam, i hope the weather is warmer than the damn australian heat wave.....

Blue Jew
01-20-2010, 12:25 AM
ruff i be in vietnam, .

You make love long time?

Das Texan
01-20-2010, 12:43 AM
Southern California, the land of stealing water.

The Gemini Method
01-20-2010, 11:33 AM
SoCal peeps are even wimpier than us NoCalifornians(which is no small feat)... lolololol Hang in there guys!!!!

F%#k you NorCalers! We're not weak at all down here! Just cuz I don't want my 5 series getting wet, I called in from work yesterday and went and got a tan. That's how we do, suckah.

Just kidding Symple...

The worst part about the weather we're having in the SoCal area is the drivers. It is almost like the rain dilutes the intelligence factor of motorists in the Greater L.A. area and makes them even more likely to cause an accident or do something really retarded. I saw a guy speeding in a small sub-compact hit a small river of 2-3 feet of water and get hydroplaned off into the fountain of a business park. Then, after the guy gets out, he gets mad and starts throwing a tantrum fit like it was everyone but his fault he ended up in the predicament he was in.

Whisky Dog
01-20-2010, 02:00 PM
LOL rain , storms, and tornados to socal is like earthquakes are to Texas. I've lived through hundereds of tornado warnings, floods, and big super cell storms but if the ground starts moving I'm gonna freak.

duncan228
01-20-2010, 02:35 PM
The worst part about the weather we're having in the SoCal area is the drivers.

They don't seem to have a clue how to drive in rain. I guess it's because it doesn't rain that much. The roads get so slick from the oil on them, not knowing how to handle it gets dangerous.

They weather service says the worst storm is coming tomorrow.

The Gemini Method
01-20-2010, 02:39 PM
Yeah, I'm bracing for the worst...I wore my fishing boots to work today lol. I may look goofy, but my socks are going to be dry!

I think it is the lack of experience that drivers have here that make it seem like they have no clue on how to drive. However, when I spent a couple of weeks up in Seattle a few years back, they weren't all that better. I think it is the human intelligence quotient that is miring the whole driving in the rain skill set.

symple19
01-20-2010, 03:41 PM
F%#k you NorCalers! We're not weak at all down here! Just cuz I don't want my 5 series getting wet, I called in from work yesterday and went and got a tan. That's how we do, suckah.

Just kidding Symple...

:lol

You guys are completely right about Cali drivers. They have no clue what to do when it rains. The streets can get scary. We're having mudslides and flooding up here and still another day to go. Not as bad as 5 years ago though...

IronMexican
01-20-2010, 04:16 PM
Fucking wind knocked off the TWC internet for me

The Gemini Method
01-20-2010, 04:21 PM
Sometimes the El Nino can bring unexpected surprises...Back in the mid 90's we were able to catch dorado, yellowfin, and bluefin tuna off the L.A. County coast. That was incredible! Not to mention super edible...

Sportcamper
01-20-2010, 04:35 PM
:tu Huge Yellowtail Run as well...

symple19
01-20-2010, 05:48 PM
just had a tornado warning in Santa Clara county.

The Gemini Method
01-20-2010, 06:38 PM
This is insane...man, its coming down like no other out here lol. L.A. is going to be drowned or something like that

iggypop123
01-20-2010, 07:04 PM
i have a final tomorrow at LB but its coming down hard there. campus is closed tomorrow for flooding. yes!

The Gemini Method
01-20-2010, 07:08 PM
Do you go to CSULB?

DarkReign
01-20-2010, 10:39 PM
Ha...snow.

InRareForm
01-20-2010, 11:36 PM
Do you go to CSULB?

i graduated there in '08