PDA

View Full Version : Internet

bejanicek
01-19-2010, 05:22 PM
Just got a new laptop, and wondering about WiFi. I live is small town about 45 minutes from SA. Was getting At&t card for laptop, but it cost $60 a month. Anyone no how well this works in smaller areas and if there is other companies that offer something better. Use laptop for work, e-mail, music, and browsing internet. Any help would be appreciated.

PM5K
01-19-2010, 05:32 PM
It's not WIFI it's 3 or 4G. I'm sure you or the people from AT&T made sure you get coverage where you live. It's not terribly fast, and for 60.00 a month it's not a great deal but if that's all you have where you live it's better than nothing.

I know Clear and Cricket both offer the same type of service.

xellos88330
01-19-2010, 08:09 PM
Not too sure about the laptop cards. Never used them. A friend of mine has one and he likes it.

What do you plan on doing on the internet?

TDMVPDPOY
01-19-2010, 08:10 PM
if you want wifi, get a sleeping bang and camp outside starbucks or ur local library which would usually have free access internet

or turn on ur wifi and see if theres any free access points roaming in ur area where noobs didnt secure their connection, you can always leech it

spursncowboys
01-19-2010, 08:15 PM
Find out if your cell phone can do it. It shouldn't be too much extra.

mrsmaalox
01-19-2010, 11:34 PM
The card is going to be your only access in your house? I almost got one of those ATT cards but $60/month is too steep and they don't give you a break even if you have their service in your house, which is ridiculous. I have a rental property that I visit between tenants when the services have been dc'd and I've had no trouble at all finding wifi to hook up to whether at the house or some comfy dining establishment.

But anyway, my hubby has a couple of those cards from his job and they work great. Great being a relative term, as he doesn't pay the bill, his company does.

Frenzy
01-20-2010, 09:11 AM
(((((((http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o62/mountainladytn/satellite.gif ))))))):wakeup

bejanicek
01-20-2010, 11:41 AM
i went aheah and got the card. it is 3G. that is what i meant, not wifi. it works pretty well at my house. my company also pays for this, so not too worried about it. I wanna be able to use it whenever i am out meeting with clients and it looks like this is working perfect for this. thanks for everyones input.