PDA

View Full Version : Brock Lesnar will be on Sportscenter Tomorrow

dbreiden83080
01-19-2010, 07:44 PM
http://www.5thround.com/20375/ufc-champ-brock-lesnar-to-address-media-tomorrow-on-espns-sportscenter/

"Although UFC president Dana White stated last week he and heavyweight champ Brock Lesnar would host a press conference in Las Vegas, Nevada early this week to update the world on the controversial wrestler’s health, it appears Lesnar will instead make a cameo on Wednesday morning’s edition of SportsCenter.

Lesnar is expected to face the firing squad in the 11AM ET/8AM PT edition of ESPN’s live broadcast. This will mark the first time the former All-American wrestler has addressed the media since going down with a variety of illnesses this past November.

There have been conflicting reports regarding Lesnar’s future in MMA as White has repeatedly stated his biggest pay-per-view draw may have fought his last fight, while multiple sources within Team Lesnar indicate he’s definitely stepping in the Octagon again.

Lesnar was last seen unifying the title by dominating then-interim champ Frank Mir at UFC 100. He holds a 4-1 professional record, however has looked unstoppable in his last three wins, two of which were for titles.

The champ was slated to defend his title against Shane Carwin at UFC 106 in November, however was forced to withdraw due to an undisclosed illness. It was later reported Lesnar had contracted mononucleosis, which he then parlayed to an intestinal infection that required surgery a week later.

Following the procedure, it was revealed that Lesnar was actually suffering from diverticulitis, a condition where pouches on your large intestine inflame.

Everything regarding Lesnar’s condition has remained under lock and key, however it appears Lesnar is finally ready to let the world in on what’s kept him bedridden for the past couple of months."

Probably good news..

The TroutBum
01-20-2010, 03:52 AM
I'm all a-flutter...

ATRAIN
01-20-2010, 08:25 AM
Better be good news

ATRAIN
01-20-2010, 11:41 AM
I cant watch sports center, what are they saying?

dbreiden83080
01-20-2010, 12:34 PM
I cant watch sports center, what are they saying?

Pretty amazing story Train, Brock was there with Dana and said that he is feeling good and ready to fight. Dana said probably by early Summer, he'd defend against winner of Carwin/Mir. Brock said many doctors told him he needed surgery to remove part of his colon and that would have ended his career. He opted to wait as long as possible to see if he could heal and he did. HE said the doc's told him they were shocked he didn't need surgery and that he was checked out and is 100% ready to resume training and fight..

dbreiden83080
01-20-2010, 12:35 PM
Here's the story..

UFC heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar confirmed on Wednesday that he's completely recovered from a severe abdominal ailment and is targeting a return to MMA competition this summer.

Lesnar, who has been out of action since July due to the illlness, made the announcement alongside UFC President Dana White during a morning appearance on ESPN's "Sportscenter."

White said plans to have Shane Carwin fight Frank Mir for an interim title at UFC 111 in March would go on and that the winner will face Lesnar in a title unification bout later this year. White also said the winner of a scheduled bout between Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira and Cain Velasquez could be tabbed for the title fight in the event of injury to the other fighters.

White characterized Lesnar's recovery as "a miracle."

"(Doctors) basically said 'You got a lottery ticket,' " White said. "'We can't believe that you didn't need surgery.' "

In his first interview since his career was sidelined by a severe case of Diverticulosis – an intestinal illness that caused a hole to develop in his stomach – Lesnar said he was "devastated" when he had to pull out of his first scheduled title defense against Carwin last year. After seeking multiple medical opinions, Lesnar said he opted not to have surgery that would have "pretty much ended (his) career," instead waiting to see if the illness would clear up on its own.

"I take my hat off to the doctors … that pretty much saved my life and my career ...," Lesnar said. "I didn't want to (have surgery). If I could beat the odds, I was going to do everything in my power to do that."

Lesnar said he lost 40 pounds as a result of the sickness, but has gained it back through training. A follow-up appointment with doctors on Jan. 5 revealed no traces of the sickness, Lesnar said.

"A miracle," Lesnar said. "They were dumbfounded. They couldn't find any signs of any problem in my stomach. I actually had to go back to the doctor yesterday to get another CT scan on my stomach because I still can't believe it."

The former NCAA national champion and WWE wrestler said there would be no lingering effects and no health risks assocaited with a return to the Octagon.

http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/The_Rumble/entry/view/52662/lesnar-healed-will-return-this-summer

ATRAIN
01-20-2010, 12:41 PM
Pretty amazing story Train, Brock was there with Dana and said that he is feeling good and ready to fight. Dana said probably by early Summer, he'd defend against winner of Carwin/Mir. Brock said many doctors told him he needed surgery to remove part of his colon and that would have ended his career. He opted to wait as long as possible to see if he could heal and he did. HE said the doc's told him they were shocked he didn't need surgery and that he was checked out and is 100% ready to resume training and fight..

I saw it on ESPN.com

dbreiden83080
01-20-2010, 12:51 PM
I saw it on ESPN.com

just trying to help Brotha..

ATRAIN
01-20-2010, 01:04 PM
just trying to help Brotha..

I know and I appreciate it. After I posted it the video got updated :).

polandprzem
01-20-2010, 01:37 PM
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=4842056&categoryid=2378529

CubanSucks
01-20-2010, 04:06 PM
I would much rather have the winner of a Cain/Carwin fight face Lesnar

Blackjack
01-21-2010, 03:07 AM
Awesome.:tu

I'm rooting to see Lesnar-Carwin finally come to fruition.

The TroutBum
01-22-2010, 07:10 PM
Awesome.:tu

I'm rooting to see Lesnar-Carwin finally come to fruition.

Me too, but Mir is going to wreck Carwin's day.

Stringer_Bell
01-22-2010, 11:09 PM
I can't wait to see the trash talk Mir throws in Carwin's direction. I'm sure it'll be something like "I know Shane hates bullies, but I'm going to make him relive junior high again for the duration of the match. He should probably schedule counseling appointments in advance."