PDA

View Full Version : Classless Vikings

FoxPerez
01-19-2010, 07:49 PM
http://tinyurl.com/classlessvikings

"Just about any other move would've been acceptable. If they run it up the middle and score, they could claim that they just wanted to get the first down so they could take a knee the rest of the way. If the 2nd unit comes in and does anything, they could just claim that they wanted to get the 2nd unit some work. If they kick a field goal, it's still a score, but it was 4th and 3 and they could claim that they wanted to get their kicker some work because kickers have been the difference in every close game in the playoffs so far."

For the full article, including disputes over what Vikings players and coaches said in defense of the move, click here: http://tinyurl.com/classlessvikings

Spursfan092120
01-19-2010, 07:54 PM
Meh...I said it before and I'll say it again...don't want them to score a touchdown? Stop them.

samikeyp
01-19-2010, 07:54 PM
Or....Dallas could have played better.

Nobody is a bigger Cowboys fan than I but this is pro football...its not UT vs. SE Sisters of the Poor Tech State. You are paid to do a job. If you are on defense, you are paid to stop the offense and if you are on offense you are paid to get past the defense.

When you are in college or high school and one team clearly out matches the other and kids are involved, yes, running up the score happens and its crap. In the pros however, its all about grown men. Grown men don't whine about losing or the way they lost...they strive to get better. IMO, the Dallas players who are squawking about this are wrong.

J.T.
01-19-2010, 08:07 PM
that colts are 0-3 with a bye week so they get crominated by the ravens prediction was pretty spot on too brah :tu

Obstructed_View
01-19-2010, 08:44 PM
The Cowboys deserved to get curb stomped. Why does it matter that they scored late to make the score as close as the game actually was?

HarlemHeat37
01-19-2010, 09:03 PM
This just seems whiny..somebody needs to grow some balls..

I hate the Queens as much as anybody, but why would they just stop scoring on purpose?..the Cowboys are supposed to have a defense..have some pride..

exstatic
01-19-2010, 10:04 PM
Whatever it was, right, wrong, or indifferent, there was definitely no CLASS shown in the move, so yes, it was in fact classless.

Spursfan092120
01-19-2010, 10:07 PM
Classless, maybe...but Dallas still should have stopped them.

himat
01-19-2010, 10:14 PM
Classless yes, but the Cowboys should have made the Vikings feel like dicks after stopping them on that 4th and 3 instead of whining about it afterwards. Yes it wouldn't have won the Cowboys the game or anything, but it would save their pride.

Chucho
01-19-2010, 10:30 PM
Why are people bitching about class in a sport where HITTING people HARD is a huge factor. Want class? Go watch golf, tennis or some other pussy sport.

Spursfan092120
01-19-2010, 10:43 PM
Why are people bitching about class in a sport where HITTING people HARD is a huge factor. Want class? Go watch golf, tennis or some other pussy sport.
http://forums.the-dispatch.com/eve/forums/a/ga/ul/3301032188/inlineimg/Y/missed_the_point.jpg

Dr. Gonzo
01-19-2010, 10:53 PM
This is why I hate the "blogging" generation. Any dipshit with a keyboard gets to spew their worthless "opinion".

san antonio spurs
01-19-2010, 11:19 PM
this is why i hate the "blogging" generation. Any dipshit with a keyboard gets to spew their worthless "opinion".
qft.

FoxPerez
01-19-2010, 11:43 PM
Or....Dallas could have played better.

Nobody is a bigger Cowboys fan than I but this is pro football...its not UT vs. SE Sisters of the Poor Tech State. You are paid to do a job. If you are on defense, you are paid to stop the offense and if you are on offense you are paid to get past the defense.

When you are in college or high school and one team clearly out matches the other and kids are involved, yes, running up the score happens and its crap. In the pros however, its all about grown men. Grown men don't whine about losing or the way they lost...they strive to get better. IMO, the Dallas players who are squawking about this are wrong.

"Grown men" should know the most about sportsmanship and shouldn't have to be taught anything about showing some class at the end of a game that's already won.

spurstd4
01-19-2010, 11:58 PM
"Grown men" should know the most about sportsmanship and shouldn't have to be taught anything about showing some class at the end of a game that's already won.
you know what's unbelievable that there's still cockboy's fans still crying about this. if the cowgirl's would have won the game you still be talking about how the cockboy's kicked the viking's ass get over it. listening to everybody (nfl network,irvin sanders, espn, jenkins, and every other analyst) say the cockboys were supposed to win. and they got their asses handed to them. maybe they should of had more respect for their opponent and not the final score.

DarrinS
01-20-2010, 12:09 AM
Kind of a Belichick move, but I think most Dallas fans were getting hammered on their own at that point.

FoxPerez
01-20-2010, 01:22 AM
you know what's unbelievable that there's still cockboy's fans still crying about this. if the cowgirl's would have won the game you still be talking about how the cockboy's kicked the viking's ass get over it. listening to everybody (nfl network,irvin sanders, espn, jenkins, and every other analyst) say the cockboys were supposed to win. and they got their asses handed to them. maybe they should of had more respect for their opponent and not the final score.

I'm not a Cowboys fan, just a fan of sportsmanship, which is why it wasn't the final score that was upsetting, but the classless move to rub it in at the end.

And in what way did the Cowboys show disrespect for Minnesota during the week leading up to the game? A lot of people picked Dallas to upset the Vikings, but aside from that, no one was really disrespectful. It's counter-intuitive to argue for more respect when you're defending a team that ran up the score.

Chucho
01-20-2010, 01:34 AM
http://forums.the-dispatch.com/eve/forums/a/ga/ul/3301032188/inlineimg/Y/missed_the_point.jpg

Nope. Not by a longshot. In a sport where concussions are as common as concessions, crying about running up the score is asinine. It's the equivalent of "there's no crying in baseball", it's a man's game. Take you ass beating like a man, don't like it, stop them. But they couldn't. This whole thing is an issue only because it's the Cowboys, "America's team", and if that's true, than America is filled with a bunch of pussy crybabies.

spurstd4
01-20-2010, 01:36 AM
I'm not a Cowboys fan, just a fan of sportsmanship, which is why it wasn't the final score that was upsetting, but the classless move to rub it in at the end.

And in what way did the Cowboys show disrespect for Minnesota during the week leading up to the game? A lot of people picked Dallas to upset the Vikings, but aside from that, no one was really disrespectful. It's counter-intuitive to argue for more respect when you're defending a team that ran up the score.
so they went for on 2 fourth down plays cowgirls stopped once and not the other. so let's say they kicked both field goals final score would have been 33-3 what's the difference they would still be running up the score? and a few cowgirls players were talking trash that's not being disrespectful? it's part of the game so is scoring. and so is defense they play the game for 60 minutes.

BUMP
01-20-2010, 02:07 AM
The Cowboys got raped by the Vikings large sailor, Norse cock in every way imaginable.

The game is over, the season is over, its time to shut the door on this season and worry about next season. I expect a lot of changes.

Whisky Dog
01-20-2010, 02:36 AM
This is why I hate the "blogging" generation. Any dipshit with a keyboard gets to spew their worthless "opinion".

This may be the most ironic post in history.

Spawn
01-20-2010, 05:10 AM
Yes we must protect these grown ass mens feewings.

Warlord23
01-20-2010, 07:42 AM
I think Cowgirl fans need to stop crying and move on.

1. If the game was really over, why did Dallas not have bench players in the game at that point?

2. Why was Dallas using its timeouts to extend the game a short while before this TD happened?

3. The Vikings were trying to run out the clock faster. Passing on any other down wouldn't have made sense because an incomplete pass would have stopped the clock. So they ran it on the first 3 downs. However passing on 4th down is fine, because either way (incomplete pass for turnover on downs or completed pass for TD) stops the clock and gives the ball back to Dallas.

3. The Vikings actually did this twice. They went for it on 4th down just before that series and turned it over on downs. The next time they were successful. If they had kicked 2 field goals instead, the score would have been 33-3 ... which is basically the same as 34-3. Short of handing the ball back to the Cowgirls via a turnover, what else do you think they should have done?

Ghazi
01-20-2010, 09:36 AM
Nobody can really justify that TD... I wouldn't go as far as to call it classless but it simply was not necessary.

But as a Vikings fan of 1 year, I dont really care :smokin

edit: I think going for a TD though is more graceful then sending out the FG unit.

samikeyp
01-20-2010, 10:07 AM

Grown men shouldn't whine like bitches...fans and players both.

Warlord23
01-20-2010, 10:14 AM
Nobody can really justify that TD... I wouldn't go as far as to call it classless but it simply was not necessary.

But as a Vikings fan of 1 year, I dont really care :smokin

edit: I think going for a TD though is more graceful then sending out the FG unit.

How many bandwagons have you hitched your ass on to this year, Ghazi?

JudynTX
01-20-2010, 10:22 AM
9wZb9znkboc

:lmao Is this classless or tasteless?

LOL texans
01-20-2010, 10:54 AM
don't let them score then

Lebowski Brickowski
01-20-2010, 05:13 PM
Hey cowgirl fans! Why didn't your team just forfeit with 2 minutes left in the game?

Maybe the refs or Roger Goodell could have stepped in and just stopped the game since you guys considered it finished already and there was no more point in playing out the last two minutes.

The last I checked, an NFL game lasts 60 minutes.

"We don’t care what Keith Brooking says," Williams said. "He was about to get his ass whupped on our sideline over there. It don’t matter. Nobody said anything when they blew out the Eagles [the past two weeks]. It’s the playoffs. It ain’t no regular-season game. If you lose, you go home. We take no pity on them. Do they expect us to? I don’t care about no Brooking. He can say whatever he wants to say."

Pat Williams concerning Cowboys LB Keith Brooking, who may or may not still be whining about Minnesota's last touchdown.
:whine

dirk4mvp
01-20-2010, 05:28 PM
don't let them score then

Good point, stretch.

Keith Brooking should get his butthurt checked. I wished him and Jared Allen would've had that hillbilly throwdown.

FoxPerez
01-21-2010, 05:33 AM
You're absolutely right. You play to win the game. But Minnesota already had the game won, up by 24 with less than two minutes left. There's a bunch of other things that the Vikings could have done in that situation that wouldn't have seemed like running up the score, but they went with the worst, most blatant, rub-it-in option.

The kinds of fans that are ok with this, defending this, and even worse, encouraging this kind of stuff, I feel sorry for. Because these are the types of people that seem to genuinely hate the opponent and don't see them as a respectful adversary, but an enemy that needs to be punished for "daring to play against our team." And I don't like being around those kinds of fans because they're no fun to be around whether their team wins or loses.

I'm for passion, but not for ugliness. I don't wish ill will upon Brett Favre or any opponent of my teams (I'm not a Cowboys fan) because I think it cheats the game and the fans when the best players aren't on the field. I can appreciate when an opponent does something incredible because of the sportsmanship I exhibit toward my opponent's fans. And as a result, it makes every sports experience a positive one... except when something like this happens.

Brooking and his Atlanta teammates were celebrating after the '99 NFC Championship game with the fans that had made the trip to see them. I wish teams that won championships on the road would do that more because that's all about thanking the fans that made the trip.

spurstd4
01-21-2010, 09:22 PM
You're absolutely right. You play to win the game. But Minnesota already had the game won, up by 24 with less than two minutes left. There's a bunch of other things that the Vikings could have done in that situation that wouldn't have seemed like running up the score, but they went with the worst, most blatant, rub-it-in option.

The kinds of fans that are ok with this, defending this, and even worse, encouraging this kind of stuff, I feel sorry for. Because these are the types of people that seem to genuinely hate the opponent and don't see them as a respectful adversary, but an enemy that needs to be punished for "daring to play against our team." And I don't like being around those kinds of fans because they're no fun to be around whether their team wins or loses.

I'm for passion, but not for ugliness. I don't wish ill will upon Brett Favre or any opponent of my teams (I'm not a Cowboys fan) because I think it cheats the game and the fans when the best players aren't on the field. I can appreciate when an opponent does something incredible because of the sportsmanship I exhibit toward my opponent's fans. And as a result, it makes every sports experience a positive one... except when something like this happens.

Brooking and his Atlanta teammates were celebrating after the '99 NFC Championship game with the fans that had made the trip to see them. I wish teams that won championships on the road would do that more because that's all about thanking the fans that made the trip.
dude you need to get real. you make it seem like the vikings are the only team that supposedly has run up the score. so we understand you think it's running up the score. so what? there alot of people that hate the cowgirls. so what?! like i said if the vikings would have kicked the two field goals the score would of been 33-3. what's the difference? i mean if you don't like it change the channel you don't have to watch. other teams have done it. we get that you're all for sportsmanship but it doesn't always happen that way. like i said don't like it don't watch it go watch some other sport.

jag
01-21-2010, 09:43 PM
I'm not a Cowboys fan

:lol just stop

Go For Tree
01-22-2010, 04:31 PM
So who thought it was classless a couple years ago when Sasha Vuja-bitch drained a last second 3 ball in a series clinching playoff game that had already been decided when he could have just let the clock run out???

Its the same very simple concept here. Yes its clasless to call a play with a route going into the endzone in a game that has been well decided. Its a bitch move. No the cowboys wouldnt stop that play because of the fact its 4th and 3 and youre going to call a run stopping play definsively in that same situation every time. Its cute how the defense of some of you is "you dont like it? stop it..." if football was that simple, everyone in the league would make minimum wage.

Im not bitching about what the vikings did, but dont say its not a chep shot and its not disrespectful to your opponent. It is and thats the bottome line.