PDA

View Full Version : Shaq calls out Vince and Kobe for dunk contest

PGDynasty24
01-20-2010, 12:10 AM
CLEVELAND -- Shaquille O'Neal has a plan to save the NBA's All-Star dunk contest: Bring back the superstars and do it for devastated Haiti.

O'Neal
Following Tuesday night's win over Toronto, O'Neal was asked if he would like to see teammate LeBron James participate in this year's event. That's when he offered his idea. He would like to see former dunk champion Vince Carter, Kobe Bryant and others take part along with James.

"As his manager, I will only allow 'Bron to do the dunk contest if Vince Carter comes back out," O'Neal said. "If Kobe comes back out and if another big name comes back out. If we could get a big prize and have half of the money go to the people of Haiti and the other half to the winner.

"The guys that are in it, no disrespect to them, but there won't really be any competition for LeBron. I want to see Kobe. I want to see Vince and I will allow my client to enter."

Could he make it happen?

"I'm saying it now," O'Neal said. "So tweet it. Facebook it. E-mail it and hopefully it gets out. Vince, we're calling you out. Kobe, we're calling you out. We're calling everybody out. If those guys step up in the dunk contest, then I will allow my client to step up."

James has decided to skip next month's event in Dallas after originally saying he would participate.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/allstar2010/news/story?id=4840867

himat
01-20-2010, 12:11 AM
i like how he keeps calling LeBron "my client".:lmao

TDMVPDPOY
01-20-2010, 12:21 AM
if vince and kobe is in it, then whats the chances of goldenboy winning it = zero

heck might as well invite james white if you wanan see some real fkn dunks from the ft line

iggypop123
01-20-2010, 12:23 AM
kobe isnt even healthy enough to play some nights let a lone an exhibition . lord james is only 24. he is healthy

JamStone
01-20-2010, 12:30 AM
VC's body is broke.

Shaq should have mentioned Wade too. I think Wade would be exciting to watch too.

Def Rowe
kobe isnt even healthy enough to play some nights let a lone an exhibition . lord james is only 24. he is healthy

Same could be said about Vince Carter.

I still like Shaq though.

23LeBronJames23
kobe isnt even healthy enough to play some nights let a lone an exhibition . Lord james is only 24. He is healthy

hitmanyr2k
01-20-2010, 12:46 AM
if vince and kobe is in it, then whats the chances of goldenboy winning it = zero

heck might as well invite james white if you wanan see some real fkn dunks from the ft line

Vince can possibly still get up to do something nice but Kobe won one of the weakest dunk contests of all-time to be honest. He didn't really do anything noteworthy except steal Isaiah Rider's between the legs dunk from '94. I think Kobe even missed a dunk and still advanced which tells you how weak it was.

ffadicted
01-20-2010, 12:46 AM
Lebron's dunks would consists of (or a variant of)

1. Run really fast, jump really high and power down a regular dunk
2. Run really fast, jump really high and power down a regular dunk
3. Run really fast, jump really high and power down a regular dunk
4. Run really fast, jump really high and power down a regular dunk

Which would give him the title of course

PGDynasty24
01-20-2010, 12:47 AM
Vince can possibly still get up to do something nice but Kobe won one of the weakest dunk contests of all-time to be honest. He didn't really do anything noteworthy except steal Isaiah Rider's between the legs dunk from '94. I think Kobe even missed a dunk and still advanced which tells you how weak it was.

True,kobe thrives more as a in-game dunker. But he has far more creativity dunking than lebron

usdane
01-20-2010, 12:51 AM
Kobe and Carter already won it. Now Lebron needs to man up but he is afraid of Brown giving him a flight session!

Are you a Chicken LeBroom http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_2_EJogf2A

Whisky Dog
01-20-2010, 12:57 AM
The dunk contest is officiated with as much bias as an NBA playoff game. If Queen James entered he'd be given the title if all he did was running one handers. The announcers and judges would be creaming over "how close his head got to the rim" and bullshit like that.

baseline bum
01-20-2010, 01:04 AM
Not a bad idea from The Big Knucklehead.

BadOdor
01-20-2010, 01:08 AM
They are too old, can barely jump nowdays.

XFactor
01-20-2010, 01:10 AM
All Lebron has to do is get past the judging round and then after that he can throw in whatever dunk he wants and still win it.

ezau
01-20-2010, 01:18 AM
Carter and Kobe have already won these titles, what's the point of competing again?

ChrisRichards
01-20-2010, 01:26 AM
Kome would attempt 10 dunks and only 2 would go in. That's efficiency.

21_Blessings
01-20-2010, 01:33 AM
Kobe's 31 and has multiple broken fingers. Yeah he should definitely be in the dunk contest Shaq, you're a genius.

Slam dunk championships

Dwight: 1

Shaq: 0

Ryvin1
01-20-2010, 01:33 AM
Dirk could also enter the dunk contest where he drives in for a dunk and they call a foul on the person who dunked before him or closest player sitting on the sideline.

4>0rings
01-20-2010, 02:37 AM
Dirk could also enter the dunk contest where he drives in for a dunk and they call a foul on the person who dunked before him or closest player sitting on the sideline.
:lol and he shots his foul shot.

duhoh
01-20-2010, 02:50 AM

:lol

namlook
01-20-2010, 03:50 AM
The dunk contest is for young guys. It should be kept that way. Vince and Kobe have been there and done that. Lebron has never won a dunk contest and he should compete. What's he afraid of? A lesser player beating him? Who cares? It's for fun.

ezau
01-20-2010, 05:28 AM
Lebron is the Floyd Mayweather of baskteball. Fucking chicken dipshit

Bukefal
01-20-2010, 05:52 AM
:lol Shaq is awesome and hilarious

ezau
01-20-2010, 06:08 AM
Wrong.:nope FLoyd has six titles and no losses, and refuses to fight a guy that is rumored to be taking drugs. I do think he should have fought him anyway, but what has James won besides clown of the year... after year, after year award.

six titles and no losses because he was cherrypicking his opponents, brah. He's just making all the excuses in the world not to fight the Pacman.

F_U_Buddy
01-20-2010, 07:47 AM
six titles and no losses because he was cherrypicking his opponents, brah. He's just making all the excuses in the world not to fight the Pacman.

Shaq should have more respect for the man that bailed him out for 3 titles...this is what is so unappealing about Shaq...always trying to make a name for himself off of someone else's back...to get people to like him...and no he's not funny or sincere at all... he's just "The Big Fucking Opportunist"... and apparently Lebronze is learning from Shaq's shitty ways by suggesting MJ's # 23 be retired...Shaq's turning a guy who's already bitch made into a fucking opportunist whore...what a shame in cleveland.

As for Mayweather v Pacman....all I have to say is that any real fighter or fight fan knows that if a guy agreed to take a drug test before and after the fight but not 30 days prior to the fight that means he's doping...the 30 days will allow a masking agent to be removed from his system..Pacquio is doping with some new shit from the AsiaPac region and trying to sue Mayweather to make himself look innocent... I see all through his bullshit of a lawsuit...Mayweather is just calling him on his bullshit but Pacman has exposed himself...

redzero
01-20-2010, 07:53 AM
As for Mayweather v Pacman....all I have to say is that any real fighter or fight fan knows that if a guy agreed to take a drug test before and after the fight but not 30 days prior to the fight that means he's doping...the 30 days will allow a masking agent to be removed from his system..Pacquio is doping with some new shit from the AsiaPac region and trying to sue Mayweather to make himself look innocent... I see all through his bullshit of a lawsuit...Mayweather is just calling him on his bullshit but Pacman has exposed himself...

Exactly.

Whisky Dog
01-20-2010, 12:28 PM
PAC agreed to test less than 30 days before the fight - just not the days leading right up tobtge fight, which would be open game with the random Olympic testing Floyd wanted. PAC wouldve agreed to a fixed date of 10 days easily which is way too short of a time to clean the system from the pre camp test of 30 days out. At least know your shit before spoutin off.

Allanon
01-20-2010, 12:37 PM
Lebron's dunks would consists of (or a variant of)

1. Run really fast, jump really high and power down a regular dunk
2. Run really fast, jump really high and power down a regular dunk
3. Run really fast, jump really high and power down a regular dunk
4. Run really fast, jump really high and power down a regular dunk

Which would give him the title of course

:lol True.

hater
01-20-2010, 01:00 PM
shaq has officially fucking lost it

21_Blessings
01-20-2010, 01:11 PM
shaq has officially fucking lost it

:downspin:

Ever heard of a joke?

hater
01-20-2010, 01:14 PM

Ever heard of a joke?

ever heard of being desperate to the point of saying retarded shit to get media attention? btw that joke was not funny at all

21_Blessings
01-20-2010, 01:16 PM
btw that joke was not funny at all

agreed

Muser
01-20-2010, 01:19 PM
Vince has nothing left to prove in the Dunk contest.

lefty
01-20-2010, 01:24 PM
Shaq attentionwhoring again...............................

Dude has posted like 20000000 tweets on Haiti

21_Blessings
01-20-2010, 01:33 PM
Vince has nothing left to prove in the Dunk contest.

Nothing to give either. Can't even make a jumpshot this month, let alone dunk.

BadOdor
01-20-2010, 01:40 PM
Nothing to give either. Can't even make a jumpshot this month, let alone dunk.

Neither can kobe:depressed

Thunder Dan
01-20-2010, 04:26 PM
can Kobe even dunk? He looks as if his days of touching the rim are over

pauls931
01-20-2010, 06:26 PM
Sounds fair if Shaq joins in too...

fevertrees
01-20-2010, 06:32 PM
There is no dunk contest without a KING to reign over it.

F_U_Buddy
01-20-2010, 07:51 PM
PAC agreed to test less than 30 days before the fight - just not the days leading right up tobtge fight, which would be open game with the random Olympic testing Floyd wanted. PAC wouldve agreed to a fixed date of 10 days easily which is way too short of a time to clean the system from the pre camp test of 30 days out. At least know your shit before spoutin off.

"At least know your shit before spoutin off."

no shit sherlock....and like I said that little cheating muthafucker is exposed....so much so he's talking about some superstitious bullshit and how he's afraid to have his blood drawn...your fucking boy is a punk ass cheater...and he robbed Cotto with his doping...because unlike Cotto...Mayweather doesn't have to take shit from Bob Arum he has his own promotion crew...

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/news/story?id=4766171

duncan228
01-20-2010, 07:59 PM
Shaq’s superstar dunk contest grounded (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-shaq-dunkcontest&prov=ap&type=lgns)
By Tom Withers

So far, Shaquille O’Neal’s proposal for a superstar dunk contest to raise money for Haiti hasn’t left the ground.

On Tuesday night, O’Neal suggested that he would love to see his Cleveland teammate LeBron James take part in the NBA’s All-Star dunk contest, but only if former champions Vince Carter, Kobe Bryant and another unnamed star also joined the field.

O’Neal said he wanted a large prize, with half of the money going to earthquake-ravaged Haiti.

Carter, who won the contest in 2000, declined the offer and said Orlando teammate Dwight Howard could do it. Miami’s Dwyane Wade heard about O’Neal’s idea and supports the effort to raise more money—he has already donated a one-game check of about $175,000—but won’t dunk, either.

Only defending dunk champion Nate Robinson of the New York Knicks was behind O’Neal’s philanthropic plan.

“That seems like an awesome idea to me,” he said. “For Shaq to say something like that, that’d be pretty cool and pretty awesome.”

Put on the spot during a TV interview while watching last year’s event, James said he would consider dunking this year in Dallas. It seemed as if James was trying to get some of the league’s top players involved, but none of the game’s premier dunkers wanted in and James recently decided not to participate after hedging for months.

He has been criticized for ducking out.

“LeBron said he would be in and he should be in it,” TNT’s Charles Barkley said earlier this week. “I think there are certain things that guys should do just for the good of the game. Michael Jordan and Dominique Wilkins didn’t have to be in the slam dunk contest but they understood they were trying to push the game.

“It would be great for the game if LeBron was in it.”

James was not available for comment on Wednesday because the Cavs did not practice. Bryant and the Lakers were traveling to Cleveland.

On Monday, the league announced Shannon Brown of the Los Angeles Lakers, Charlotte’s Gerald Wallace and Robinson would take part in this year’s dunk event. The fourth spot in the field will be determined in a dunk off between Toronto rookie DeMar DeRozan and the Clippers’ Eric Gordon.

Strike
01-20-2010, 08:02 PM
i like how he keeps calling LeBron "my client".:lmao

Doesn't he mean "my gravy train"?

cobbler
01-20-2010, 08:53 PM
LBJ just making it official and backing out after it's announced Shannon is in.

Just sayin.... :king

ezau
01-20-2010, 10:09 PM

Dude, you know that when you take drug tests, they'll get not a thimble but a lot blood from you. Pac agreed to take the drug tests but Gayweather wants Pac to take it before fight night. Anyone who has half a brain knows that losing blood before fighnight will only screw up your body.

Gayweather is only scare and has feasted on opponents that has no chance of beating him. He's the bigger guy in here and yet he doesn't have the balls to fight a smaller man in Pacman.

ezau
01-20-2010, 10:14 PM
"At least know your shit before spoutin off."

no shit sherlock....and like I said that little cheating muthafucker is exposed....so much so he's talking about some superstitious bullshit and how he's afraid to have his blood drawn...your fucking boy is a punk ass cheater...and he robbed Cotto with his doping...because unlike Cotto...Mayweather doesn't have to take shit from Bob Arum he has his own promotion crew...

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/news/story?id=4766171

Oh and did you know that Gayweather has ducked Cotto for years? I've got no respect for Gayweather who forces the smaller man to fight him in his weight division. Fact is, that ducking POS has not fought a legit fighter who has chance to beat him in years. He's smart enough to know that Pacman can beat him that's why he came up with all the doping crap so he can't fight Pacman

pauls931
01-20-2010, 10:21 PM

Ever heard of a joke?

Ya...

How much do pirates pay for corn?
A buck an ear.