PDA

View Full Version : Pickup trucks are now racist.

DarrinS
01-20-2010, 12:54 PM
Unbelieveable.

http://hotair.com/archives/2010/01/20/olby-massachusetts-suddenly-turned-racist/

OLBERMANN: The Republicans and the Tea Partiers will tell you what happens tonight with Scott Brown tonight, whether he wins or comes close, is a repudiation of Obama policies, and surely one of Obama’s policies from the viewpoint of his opponents is that it’s okay to have this sea change in American history, to have an African-American President. Is this vote to any degree just a euphemism the way state’s rights was in the 60s?

FINEMAN: Wow, that is a good question.

FINEMAN: Maybe not in Massachusetts, but maybe in some places, there are codes, there are images, ah, you know, there are pickup trucks, uh, you could say there was a racial aspect to it one way or another.

OLBERMANN: What were the Scott Brown ads, though? Every one of the Scott Brown ads had him in a pickup truck.

FINEMAN: That’s why I mentioned pickup trucks. I mean, my mind goes back to Fred Thompson down in Tennessee.

doobs
01-20-2010, 12:55 PM
Olbermann is a lunatic. Nothing new.

panic giraffe
01-20-2010, 01:07 PM

um...it looks like fineman kept bringing up the pick-ups.

coyotes_geek
01-20-2010, 01:09 PM
um...it looks like fineman kept bringing up the pick-ups.

Doesn't make Olberman any less of a lunatic.

benefactor
01-20-2010, 01:14 PM
Now, if you get an ear pierced
Some will call you gay
But if you drive a pickup
They'll say no, you must be straight

spurs_fan_in_exile
01-20-2010, 01:19 PM
Perhaps we will see a time in this country when hate groups will be progressive enough to drag their victims to death behind a Prius.

clambake
01-20-2010, 01:30 PM
Perhaps we will see a time in this country when hate groups will be progressive enough to drag their victims to death behind a Prius.

classic

hope4dopes
01-20-2010, 01:38 PM
Unbelieveable.

http://hotair.com/archives/2010/01/20/olby-massachusetts-suddenly-turned-racist/

unfortunately it's all to believeable, we have come to a point that an elite class seeks to demonize the idea of the peoples right to self determination.

jack sommerset
01-20-2010, 02:10 PM

I don't see him much but from what I have seen, he is getting worse.

Lebowski Brickowski
01-20-2010, 02:23 PM
Olbermann: If Scott Brown wins, does that mean people hate blacks?

Fineman: Wow -- Good question! Scott Brown did drive a pick up truck in his ads!

Olberman: That's what I'm talking about.

And thus goes the final demise of the press.

DarrinS
01-20-2010, 02:38 PM
At least the Dems are in touch with the American people.

jepAO74hP5I

Oh, by the way, here are the top-10 selling vehicles in the US

1. Ford F-Series
2. Toyota Camry
3. Chevrolet Silverado
4. Honda Accord
5. Toyota Corolla
6. Honda Civic
7. Nissan Altima
8. Dodge Ram
9. Ford Fusion
10. Honda CR-V

Cry Havoc
01-20-2010, 03:25 PM
The difference is, a lot of board "liberals" strongly dislike Olbermann.

Most of the board "conservatives" love Rush and his ilk.

baseline bum
01-20-2010, 03:28 PM
Olberman's an idiot. I hate watching him almost as much as I can't stand listening to Rush. I can't understand how anyone can enjoy the talking heads who don't give a shit about real debate, but only overdramatic crap that gets both sides pissed.

EmptyMan
01-20-2010, 04:03 PM
To be fair, from what I heard of Obama/Coakley they were not making fun of Brown's truck specifically.

They were making fun of Brown using the truck as a political slogan to garner in more votes.

Marcus Bryant
01-20-2010, 04:22 PM
Olbermann = Limbaugh at this point. Both spout outlandish crap to draw attention.

Winehole23
01-20-2010, 04:23 PM
And thus goes the final demise of the press.It's ongoing. There's no rational limit to how much stupider it can get.

TeyshaBlue
01-20-2010, 05:26 PM
The difference is, a lot of board "liberals" strongly dislike Olbermann.

Most of the board "conservatives" love Rush and his ilk.

I'm sure you would like to think that. You would be wrong, I think.

Marcus Bryant
01-20-2010, 05:34 PM
I don't care for Limbaugh.

Then again, if being "conservative" means you regard Ron Paul as a commie isolationist, I guess I'm not one.

boutons_deux
01-20-2010, 05:37 PM
promoting himself in a pickup truck is just like that other Repug asshole in KY or TN a few years ago who wore a red plaid shirt to show he was a bona fide redneck hick ridge runner.

Typically, The Great American People are so dumbed down they fall for such superficial, blatant pandering every time.

Marcus Bryant
01-20-2010, 05:46 PM
Who knew there were so many rednecks in Massachusetts?

As for superficiality and pandering, that's quite ironic considering who's currently in the White House.

iggypop123
01-20-2010, 06:59 PM
looks like he doesnt like beck having the spotlight to himself.

Wild Cobra
01-20-2010, 06:59 PM
"Everyone can buy a truck."

What fantasyland does our president live in?

Cry Havoc
01-20-2010, 07:09 PM
"Everyone can buy a truck."

What fantasyland does our president live in?

What do you think he was trying to accomplish by using his truck in his political campaign, WC?

hope4dopes
01-20-2010, 08:03 PM
promoting himself in a pickup truck is just like that other Repug asshole in KY or TN a few years ago who wore a red plaid shirt to show he was a bona fide redneck hick ridge runner.

Typically, The Great American People are so dumbed down they fall for such superficial, blatant pandering every time. Or like when Kerry attempted to buy a hunting license.

hope4dopes
01-20-2010, 08:05 PM
I don't care for Limbaugh.

Then again, if being "conservative" means you regard Ron Paul as a commie isolationist, I guess I'm not one.No shit the Repubs better stand back and follow, or be tossed aside.