Wolfenstein 3D
King's Quest 5
Doom
Diablo
Age of Empires
Starcraft
Doom 3
KOTOR

what are the more recent ones? and what is the next one?

duhoh
01-20-2010, 03:44 PM
Crysis? Maybe?

Fernando TD21
01-20-2010, 06:44 PM
Crysis? Maybe?
This. I think that Warcraft 3 is also a revolutionary game. And maybe Half-Life 2.

baseline bum
01-20-2010, 06:49 PM
Counter strike and Starcraft for making online play huge.

EDIT: oops, I see you already had Starcraft listed

resistanze
01-20-2010, 09:12 PM
Co-sign for CS. Mario 64 took platformers to a new level. DOOM popularized the FPS amd brought a shitstorm with it as well.

iggypop123
01-20-2010, 09:30 PM
half life 2. that game still holds up today. orange box was awesome

hater
01-20-2010, 11:46 PM
good calls.

Oblivion gotta go in too as well as GTA I

baseline bum
01-20-2010, 11:49 PM
good calls.

Yeah, Oblivion, despite all its bugs, is an incredible and timeless game that really pushed the boundaries of the XBox360.

balli
01-20-2010, 11:52 PM
good calls.

I guess technically GTA III too, but I hate GTA III, so I'd be more inclined to ignore it and say Vice City.

Zelda OOT didn't do much to revolutionize the genre, but it did revolutionize one of the premier gaming franchises.

I'd argue for cod4 as well.

in2deep
01-21-2010, 10:15 AM
I can't beleive you ppl don't mention Test Drive, I was amazed at this game. First game you could drive supercars, had a lamborghini countach, lotus esprit, porsche:

http://goldenageofgames.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/300px-st_test_drive.png

oh and later Gran Turismo was revolutionary too

DarkReign
01-21-2010, 02:03 PM

Truth.

MiamiHeat
01-21-2010, 03:27 PM
how can you have a list about gaming tech achievements and forget the god that is QUAKE?

Quake is responsible for :

- first massively popular online FPS shooter.

- first game to inspire machinima art and movies using in game engine

- first game to inspire and allow players to make fan-created mods

- first FPS game to have AI bots to fight you amongst a human match

- first game with fully customizable console for online play, servers, etc...

- first FPS game to allow for recording of online matches and replays

- responsible for several major advances in the 3D game genre: polygonal models instead of prerendered sprites;

- full 3D level design instead of a 2.5D map;

- prerendered lightmaps; and allowing end users to partially program the game ,

- "CLASSIC" multiplayer modes we use today, were made popular from Quake, such as "DEATHMATCH"

mardigan
01-21-2010, 04:11 PM
Max Payne created bullet time, which is now used in probably 50% of games in some form. And God Of War did so many things that so many games now use constantly. And good call on Quake MH, that game is forgotten by most gamers.

hater
01-21-2010, 04:11 PM
shit quake right.

also Dune 2. revolutionized real time strategy

Cry Havoc
01-21-2010, 04:49 PM
Max Payne created bullet time, which is now used in probably 50% of games in some form. And God Of War did so many things that so many games now use constantly. And good call on Quake MH, that game is forgotten by most gamers.

Quick-time events. :depressed

Wing Commander (already mentioned) for the SNES was amazing.

NBA Live '95 revolutionized sports games. I still remember how different the 3/4ths perspective made in a basketball game. It felt like "real" basketball for the first time.

Battlefield 2 was amazing. I think it duplicated the real world full combat experience for the first time. Having to run for 2 full minutes to get back to combat sucked, though.

Counterstrike and Quake are obvious.

I think Night Trap should be mentioned here as well. Sure, the game sucked, but along with titles like Mortal Kombat, it took gaming into a new area of mature gameplay focused on an older population.

Simcity and Civilization, specifically Civilization 2.

Virtua Fighter changed fighting games forever.

DDR (for better) and Guitar Hero (for better or worse, probably worse).

The Warcraft 3 DotA mod made a huge splash among hardcore audiences.

hmmm, what else?

baseline bum
01-21-2010, 04:59 PM
I can't beleive you ppl don't mention Test Drive, I was amazed at this game. First game you could drive supercars, had a lamborghini countach, lotus esprit, porsche:

http://goldenageofgames.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/300px-st_test_drive.png

Desert Bus is probably the most realistic driving game ever created, despite being almost 15 years old.

nBr7EhL6Jpg

symple19
01-21-2010, 05:01 PM
shit quake right.

beat me to it, loved that game

hater
01-21-2010, 05:16 PM
oh shit mofos

Flight Simulator

I remember as a kid I would fly from O'hare to La Guardia, at night. I think it would take about 4 hours of staring at a blank screen :lol with an instrument panel

but it was awesome

clambake
01-21-2010, 05:23 PM
pong

jacobdrj
01-21-2010, 05:27 PM
Tie Fighter
Quake 1
Heretic
Hexen
Super Metroid
Heroes of Might and Magic 2
Sim City
Roller Coaster Tycoon
Grand Theft Auto 2
Need For Speed
Warcraft 2
Command & Conquer
World of Warcraft

Fernando TD21
01-21-2010, 06:14 PM
The Sims.

mardigan
01-21-2010, 06:24 PM
Tribes Aerial Assault is a game I still play to this day. Jet packs are revolutionary.

jacobdrj
01-21-2010, 06:30 PM
Tribes multiplayer was revolutionary. However, the jetpack idea was even in Duke Nukem 3D and Hexen, and those games were not true 3D games.

DarkReign
01-21-2010, 06:37 PM
DDR (for better) and Guitar Hero (for better or worse, probably worse).

I realize you didnt take a strong position in the argument about GH, but I will.

Guitar Hero might save music for a generation devoid of musical genius.

Music today fucking blows. Who are the top selling artists?

Some no-talent rap fucks and ready-made Disney products.

Thank the Metal Gods someone invented Guitar Hero. Just...thank you.

At least kids might question the absolute filth of music these days. Rap is fucking joke of a genre...there is like, 4 people who do it well, everyone else is a commercial rip-off. Pop music is the new wave of explosive feces smeared under the nose of every pre-teen with half a brain.

Rock?! Rock died before 2000. My Chemical Romance is not fucking rock, its emo trash.

No, Guitar Hero and all its spin-offs, as annoying and dumbed down as they are at least expose the youth underserved with something better than they know.

For that alone, it belongs in this list. I say good addition from you.

ThePop
01-21-2010, 06:40 PM
um....ocarina of time

Nash2TimeMVp
01-21-2010, 07:04 PM
wally bear and the no gang.

jacobdrj
01-21-2010, 07:05 PM
Wow, DarkReign... Wow.

Hank the Tank
01-21-2010, 08:40 PM
Ffvii
gta iii

balli
01-21-2010, 11:37 PM
IMHO Rock Band, GH, etc are all glorified versions of the Fisher Price Piano. Maybe the rhythm genre is helping a whole generation understand the meaning of good music, but maybe if they weren't into good music anyways said generation rightfully deserved to go without.

DarkReign
01-21-2010, 11:47 PM
IMHO Rock Band, GH, etc are all glorified versions of the Fisher Price Piano. Maybe the rhythm genre is helping a whole generation understand the meaning of good music, but maybe if they weren't into good music anyways said generation rightfully deserved to go without.

True. But when youre not exposed to any good music whatsoever, I find them blameless.

symple19
01-21-2010, 11:57 PM
I get so fucking tired of people who think they know everything about what good music is or isn't. It's fucking art, it's in the eye of the beholder. Is emo bullshit trash? I think so, but who the fuck am I to tell other people (except when I wanna troll some asshole in the club) what to listen to or what is good or not. Please, DarkReign, do tell who the 4 people who do hip-hop right are? I'm on the edge of my seat...

I've actually never played any of the hero games, but judging by their overwhelming popularity and the fact that there wasn't really anything out there like them before, then I would definitely say they're revolutionary.

DarkReign
01-22-2010, 12:46 AM
I get so fucking tired of people who think they know everything about what good music is or isn't. It's fucking art, it's in the eye of the beholder. Is emo bullshit trash? I think so, but who the fuck am I to tell other people (except when I wanna troll some asshole in the club) what to listen to or what is good or not. Please, DarkReign, do tell who the 4 people who do hip-hop right are? I'm on the edge of my seat...6

Modern rap and modern rock are trash, a forgettable little period in music histroy just like the 80s "rock" scene that featured enduring bands like Winger, Nelson, Cinderella, Mr Big, Exxtreme, etc, etc, x one million.

Like any decade, it had good music that wasnt heard or appreciated because it was drowned out by the complete trash. Motley Crue, I think sucks, but the music endures. GnR, Slayer, Metallica, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Motorhead, etc etc etc.

On to the 90s...not bad musically, really. Lot of good R&B, lot of good rock...great rap music (right up until the end of the decade anyway).

The 2000s...oh the 00s. Woe be to the Youth of the Now. They really had no alternative because basically everything sucks or its a retread. Black Eyed Peas have somethign others do not, Alicia Keyes is excellent, new Aguillera is multi-talented, Black Keys, Muse (i no like, but its music), The Killers, maybe some indie band the Mookie Crew will come into the fray and gush over.

But really...look at the charts. Its derivative rap music and Disney products just dominating. Outright killing the competition. A rap song needs a stupid, ignorant hook and it will sell like hotcakes. "Do the Helen Keller..., "Call me Mr Flintstone and I'll make your Bedrock, etc etc etc

Crap. All of it. Especially emo music. 3 chords, awful lyrics, worse vocal and a completely overproduced sound that could never be re-created live. When rock bands started lip-syncing, it was (and is) over.

Slayer was never a chart topper, but they did have a vehicle to be heard because radio was still a sort-of Indie owned scene. Once the conglomerates bought up just about every station there is (you know them, you love them, Clear Channel, CBS and Viacom), kids today only hear what theyre supposed to hear (and buy!).

Dont get me wrong, the internet has changed things, allowing youngins to hear what they want if they so choose. But it does not have the same impact that indie radio did in the day.

There used to be, in school, divisions in social structure predicated on music (mostly). The pop kids (social kids, sports stars and cheerleaders), the burnouts (metal and rock) and the alternatives (industrial, emo). Now?

Shit, they all listen to the same over-produced, Ameircan Idol trash. When fucking Dultry (i dont give a fuck about spelling) sells over 2 million records, America, we have a problem.

Which is why I hail Guitar Hero and Rock Band. I personally find the experience revolting, especially when you consider how much dedication it takes to finish the game on Hard. It takes effort and practice to do it and do it well (which begs the question, why not play real guitar? A question I hope most players ask and go buy a used acoustic).

Moreover, it creates a popular vehicle to showcase great music. Beatles, MEtallica, Aerosmith (no likey), Nirvana, and all the covers in between.

So no, you dnt have to hang on my word. I am sorry I offended your musical sensibilities with my comments, music is a subjective taste. But know this and know it well.

This decade of music will be forgotten in less than 10 years, only the people who grew up in it will listen to it or remember it.

Thats an indictment unlike any other decade in the history of music. It has absolutely no lasting appeal whatsoever because it says nothing of importance.

Rap music, IMO, killed the metaphor. Instead of finding creative ways to say common things ( Squeeze my lemon, baby. Let the juuuuuuice run down my leg!) youre left with "Sounds for the proud ignorant" (Fuck that bitch, grab my gats, this hoe is blowing me, etc").

Trash in every sense of the word. Unremarkable and completely forgettable.

baseline bum
01-22-2010, 01:04 AM
Modern rap and modern rock are trash, a forgettable little period in music histroy just like the 80s "rock" scene that featured enduring bands like Winger, Nelson, Cinderella, Mr Big, Exxtreme, etc, etc, x one million.

There was still lots of great hip hop last decade. Outkast had 2 outstanding albums in Stankonia and the double album Speakerbox/The Love Below. Gnarl's Barkley's shit was great. Common put out some incredible music (especially Be). The Game burst out on the scene with two outstanding albums and lots of great mixtapes. Eminem put out some classic work in the Marshall Mathers LP and the 8-Mile Soundtrack. Dead Prez's Let's Get Free is an all-time hip hop classic that rivals lots of Public Enemy's best work. Then there was Nas: Stillmatic, God's Son, and ###### were all very good albums. The decade certainly wasn't as strong as the 80s or even the 90s, but it's not the total write-off you're painting it as.

Cry Havoc
01-22-2010, 01:22 AM

Like any decade, it had good music that wasnt heard or appreciated because it was drowned out by the complete trash. Motley Crue, I think sucks, but the music endures. GnR, Slayer, Metallica, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Motorhead, etc etc etc.

On to the 90s...not bad musically, really. Lot of good R&B, lot of good rock...great rap music (right up until the end of the decade anyway).

The 2000s...oh the 00s. Woe be to the Youth of the Now. They really had no alternative because basically everything sucks or its a retread. Black Eyed Peas have somethign others do not, Alicia Keyes is excellent, new Aguillera is multi-talented, Black Keys, Muse (i no like, but its music), The Killers, maybe some indie band the Mookie Crew will come into the fray and gush over.

But really...look at the charts. Its derivative rap music and Disney products just dominating. Outright killing the competition. A rap song needs a stupid, ignorant hook and it will sell like hotcakes. "Do the Helen Keller..., "Call me Mr Flintstone and I'll make your Bedrock, etc etc etc

Crap. All of it. Especially emo music. 3 chords, awful lyrics, worse vocal and a completely overproduced sound that could never be re-created live. When rock bands started lip-syncing, it was (and is) over.

Slayer was never a chart topper, but they did have a vehicle to be heard because radio was still a sort-of Indie owned scene. Once the conglomerates bought up just about every station there is (you know them, you love them, Clear Channel, CBS and Viacom), kids today only hear what theyre supposed to hear (and buy!).

Dont get me wrong, the internet has changed things, allowing youngins to hear what they want if they so choose. But it does not have the same impact that indie radio did in the day.

There used to be, in school, divisions in social structure predicated on music (mostly). The pop kids (social kids, sports stars and cheerleaders), the burnouts (metal and rock) and the alternatives (industrial, emo). Now?

Shit, they all listen to the same over-produced, Ameircan Idol trash. When fucking Dultry (i dont give a fuck about spelling) sells over 2 million records, America, we have a problem.

Which is why I hail Guitar Hero and Rock Band. I personally find the experience revolting, especially when you consider how much dedication it takes to finish the game on Hard. It takes effort and practice to do it and do it well (which begs the question, why not play real guitar? A question I hope most players ask and go buy a used acoustic).

Moreover, it creates a popular vehicle to showcase great music. Beatles, MEtallica, Aerosmith (no likey), Nirvana, and all the covers in between.

So no, you dnt have to hang on my word. I am sorry I offended your musical sensibilities with my comments, music is a subjective taste. But know this and know it well.

This decade of music will be forgotten in less than 10 years, only the people who grew up in it will listen to it or remember it.

Thats an indictment unlike any other decade in the history of music. It has absolutely no lasting appeal whatsoever because it says nothing of importance.

Rap music, IMO, killed the metaphor. Instead of finding creative ways to say common things ( Squeeze my lemon, baby. Let the juuuuuuice run down my leg!) youre left with "Sounds for the proud ignorant" (Fuck that bitch, grab my gats, this hoe is blowing me, etc").

I think you could make a pretty convincing argument that it's not that music has become progressively worse because the bands suck, but because in the 21st century, the audience has shifted. This is a direct result of corporations discovering how to market bands to kids. The primary music buying demographic shifted from 20-30 somethings in the 1960s to most likely 16 and under right now.

I think you could further reference the fact that nearly every section of entertainment is undergoing similar (if less drastic) changes. Transformers 2, anyone? Twilight? These are massive blockbusters being targeted directly at the kids who are just now hitting puberty. If you'll recall, you probably didn't have a lot of good buying sense or cultural tastes when you were 13, the difference is, DR, is that when you were 13 (no offense to your age), you probably didn't have a huge amount of free capital to throw around like suburbanites do today.

Add to the fact that a large portion of this stuff is not only being geared toward teens, but the advertising is also touting to parents that it's "kid friendly". Because apparently despite the fact that the baby boomers grew up with music full of drug/sexual references, sometimes outright statements of said activity, such music is going to scar our youth irreparably -- or so it's perceived. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas was not uber-criticized because you could shoot cops in the game, but because there was a very, very watered down sex scene. It's amazing that parents in America think that sheltering our youth is the only way to get them to stay pure -- as I'm sure some of them attended Catholic school and know exactly how well that works.

So, yeah. I kind of agree with you. A lot of the super popular music sucks these days. But there are STILL phenomenal bands making music out there. Coldplay, Anberlin (kind of emo, watch out, but still amazing and very melodic without any screaming), Counting Crows, Blindside, Chevelle, Damien Rice, Daft Punk, M.I.A., mewithoutYou... I could continue listing bands for a long time.

I would never trust the general public to determine what to enjoy. For instance, ask 100 people what headphones are the best, and probably 80 of them are going to say Bose, all because of marketing (the tiny little IEMs in my signature are far superior to any Bose headphones). 50 Cents games undoubtedly outsell Psychonauts and probably the recent GotY Demon's Souls. The exception was in the 60s, because somehow the music industry captured a fantastic political movement and Zeitgeist and virtually every musician was gearing his music toward such, which propelled the industry forward in unison.

I don't really agree or disagree with you. But I do think just stating, "Today's music sucks." and leaving it at that is kind of thinking embraced by nearly every generation, along with, "Kids had respect in my day", "back in the good days people could really live life free", and "politicians were so much more real when I was a kid."

I dunno. Just my thoughts.

symple19
01-22-2010, 01:39 AM

I agree with you, mostly. :lol I should have known I'd get a cogent breakdown from you DR

I just have a lot of memories of my Dad trashing everything I ever listened to. He's a classical music guy, and always took this high and mighty attitude that pissed me off and made me want to punch him. I tend to get fired up when people look down their noses at me or anyone else.

Fucking Slayer kicks ass, always has and always will. But just because we understand that, doesn't mean everyone else will, nor does it entitle us to treat others like garbage, or talk down to em because they like some synth pop bullshit, or Hyfee, or whatever. IMO

symple19
01-22-2010, 01:49 AM
I don't really agree or disagree with you. But I do think just stating, "Today's music sucks." and leaving it at that is kind of thinking embraced by nearly every generation, along with, "Kids had respect in my day", "back in the good days people could really live life free", and "politicians were so much more real when I was a kid."

Exactly. And it will continue on in that vein forever probably. I would simply say to people, listen to what you enjoy, but don't let the mainstream or advertising dictate what that music may be.

Trainwreck2100
01-22-2010, 02:10 AM
Star Wars KOTOR
GTA3
starfox 64(first game with rumble support)
Halo-i think its one of the first fps where there was a 2 weapon limit on what you could carry, but i'm not sure.

MiamiHeat
01-22-2010, 06:20 AM
Guitar Hero and stuff is not really revolutionary

those type of games have existed in Japan for at least 15 years. It just became popular in america, that's all

Cry Havoc
01-22-2010, 09:24 AM
Guitar Hero and stuff is not really revolutionary

those type of games have existed in Japan for at least 15 years. It just became popular in america, that's all

Dance Dance Revolution has been around since 1998 in Japan, and it was the first premiere rhythm game. It came to the states a year later after shattering arcade records in Japan (some of which hadn't been broken since Street Fighter 2 was in arcades), with people standing in line for hours to play the game once.

Basically, I disagree with what you're saying and question the factual basis behind it. There might have been a few rhythm games, but nothing as massive or sweeping as DDR.

DarkReign
01-22-2010, 10:43 AM
There was still lots of great hip hop last decade. Outkast had 2 outstanding albums in Stankonia and the double album Speakerbox/The Love Below. Gnarl's Barkley's shit was great. Common put out some incredible music (especially Be). The Game burst out on the scene with two outstanding albums and lots of great mixtapes. Eminem put out some classic work in the Marshall Mathers LP and the 8-Mile Soundtrack. Dead Prez's Let's Get Free is an all-time hip hop classic that rivals lots of Public Enemy's best work. Then there was Nas: Stillmatic, God's Son, and ###### were all very good albums. The decade certainly wasn't as strong as the 80s or even the 90s, but it's not the total write-off you're painting it as.

Maybe I a wasnt being clear. I thought I made it apparent that there was good music in the 00s, but it was never popular.

Every artist you just named besides Eminem and OutKast (who I like, both) are not popular and are not selling records.

They arent leading the industry. One hit wonders are. Thats always been the case, but moreso this past decade. Every week, the top 10 is a shuffle of one hit fucking nobodies with no enduring qualities and Disney products or some American Idol goofball karoke-ing (sp?) their way through retread music.

Thats what I am saying. Back in the day, Guns N Roses were chart toppers. #1 hits all over Use Your Illusion 1 and 2. Same with Crue and Priest, a little down the chart but still top 10, Maiden, etc.

In the 90s, Nirvana had #1s, Pearl Jam, STP, Whitney Houston owned the charts, fucking owned them. TuPac, Biggy Smalls, NWA (late 80s, early 90s), Public Enemy (same...late 80s/early 90s), Wu Tang Clan, Tribe Called Quest, etc etc

Of course there was and always will be your interspersed pop hit to reach #1 (cant think of one off the top of my head, really, but thats me, not the decade). Every decade has its fair share of absolute trash that finds an audience, its normal and not the point I am making about the 00s.

My point is, trash in the 00s is the only thing selling, or topping charts. IMO, its because youngins are force-fed commercial music because, beyond the Net, there is no vehicle to hear good music.

MTV is not MTV anymore, I think that has a lot to do with it. Radio is one giant conglomerate, an intertwined nexxus of corporate stooges who put a lot of money into making commercial crap, making songs with the same beginning, middle and end. You can predict where the chorus comes in and almost exactly the exepcted tone change.

Hell, I do not like Bon Jovi, but he was as commercial as it got. But their music endures 20 years later. You can still hear their shit on the radio.

Same with every band I listed.

Tell me, do you think in 20 years you will ever hear music on the radio from this decade that isnt trash?

I dont. Not because there wasnt good music, but because good music was never popular, so it wont endure except for people like us who will continue to spin it on the iPod.

I guess the point is, this past decade is the first I can remember that (nearly, mostly) everything that was popular fucking blows. That there will be a void on radio in 2020, that right after Alice in Chains, youre going to here Led Zeppelin because nothing good/great from the 00s was ever popular enough to warrant serious radio play or had lasting appeal.

Our grandchildren are going to be listening to Hendrix, Joplin, et all. They *might* still at least enjoy Pearl Jam, Whitney Houston, Alicia Keys, Sarah McLauchlin (sp?), TuPac, etc.

What from this decade endures outside the genre's nitch?

You named rapper/hip hop artists I have heard of only because my friend listens to it (not my cup of tea). Beyond OutKast and Eminem, how much radio play is The Game getting? How many #1s for, apparently, one of the most talented guys in the genre?

How about the rest of your list?

I am sure it is all very good and very relevant with artistry and creativity, but it is going to die because it was drowned out by the 00s versions of Vanilla Ice, Bobby Brown, Marky Mark and Winger.

Their names are Miley Cyrus (ie Disney Products) and one hit fuckwad rap wanna-bes cashing in big.

Again, it seems good music topping the charts (Gnarles Barkley's Crazy) is the exception rather than the norm for the first time I can remember.

Thats my problem.

DarkReign
01-22-2010, 10:54 AM
Weird that this subject gets broached and lo and behold, what do I hear this morning...

It seems, only consumers of rock buy complete albums, most of the time actual CDs. Every other genre, a vast majority buy the "hit singles" from iTunes and the rest of the album is never heard. This, IMO, is exactly why this decade's music will never be remembered.

The DJ posited there is coming a time where buying a CD may be a thing of the past.

Its just conjecture, but I tend to agree. But its akin to lamenting the death of 8 tracks, it was inevitable.

DarkReign
01-22-2010, 10:59 AM

I dunno. Just my thoughts.

I cant say I disagree with you at all. I say, youre most likely right about disposable income and teenagers driving album sales. I especially liked the Zeitgeist comment about the 60s.

But I only quoted this last paragraph to address it specifically.

I dont mean to say the 00s had zero good music. I mean to say even the really good music will never endure.

Why?

Because it was never popular. I think its a shame. My favorite band out there since 05 is the Black Keys. Their first album was released in 02. It took me three years to hear them.

Thats a shame.

Frenzy
01-22-2010, 12:13 PM
shit quake right.

never played Dune2 ....Perhaps it's like Age of Empires? The old one sucks now... but I still play Age of Mythology once in a while.

One game I took a chance on when it 1st came out was Myth the Fallen lords(PC). The game play was awesome and the blown up arms were fun. The online play was just super addicting.But one time my pc crashed and I got a new one and the online play was no longer available :bang
The following sequels were great too. I don't game to much anymore but anyone know a more current game like myth?

I been meaning to make a thread for just this question...which I will. But why not here right..

hater
01-22-2010, 02:28 PM
never played Dune2 ....Perhaps it's like Age of Empires? The old one sucks now... but I still play Age of Mythology once in a while.

One game I took a chance on when it 1st came out was Myth the Fallen lords(PC). The game play was awesome and the blown up arms were fun. The online play was just super addicting.But one time my pc crashed and I got a new one and the online play was no longer available :bang
The following sequels were great too. I don't game to much anymore but anyone know a more current game like myth?

I been meaning to make a thread for just this question...which I will. But why not here right..

Dune 2 came out way b4 age of empires and warcraft. As far as I know the first great RTS game. It was simply awesome

tppjzT-su0Q

8t9VFGbAU2w

Shaolin-Style
01-22-2010, 03:17 PM
I was pretty impressed with Braid. I'm sure some of what it did has been done before but a lot of it was really innovative and unlike anything I've seen.