PDA

View Full Version : H.O.R.S.E. Will Return to All-Star Weekend

duncan228
01-20-2010, 04:31 PM
H.O.R.S.E. Will Return to All-Star Weekend (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=tsn-horsewillreturntoall&prov=tsn&type=lgns)
SportingNews

Last year, the NBA finally gave the fans what they wanted and brough H.O.R.S.E. (or G.E.I.C.O., given the sponsor) to All-Star Weekend. The competition had some issues, but it was a solid start to what could become a wonderful tradition.

Good news everyone: they’re bringing it back this year, this time in prime time. From TNT’s press release:

The network also announced today that H.O.R.S.E. presented by GEICO will return and will now be featured in prime time on Saturday, Feb. 13 at 7 p.m. (ET). The competition will showcase three NBA players challenging each other with thrilling moves and creative shot-making skills in a classic basketball competition. Participants for the event will be announced at a later date.

Details will be revealed later, but I have a wish list. The court for last year’s game was too small, which severely limited what everyone could do. So hopefully it will be inside the arena this year, and with the game in the gargantuan Cowboys Stadium, you could even get some guys trying to recreate the Bird/Jordan "nothing but net" McDonald’s ads.

The field matters too. Last year’s group was occasionally creative, but the game devolved into Kevin Durant taking corner threes much too quickly. So we must come up with a dream field, keeping in mind that will likely try to use H.O.R.S.E. as a springboard for up-and-coming stars once again.

Monta Ellis is a no-brainer. His masterful trick shot (http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/The_Baseline/entry/view/51764/monta_ellis_can_hit_from_anywhere_in_the_building) took the internets by storm last week, and his best-in-the-league body control means he could contort himself to pull off some amazing shots. Plus, Monta deserves to be in the All-Star Game, and he should be involved in as many of the weekend’s events as possible.

Brandon Jennings has struggled lately, but he’s the kind of engaging personality that can find broader appeal in an event like this one. As a Buck, Jennings gets little attention from the casual fan. Remember, before last year’s All-Star Weekend, many fans hadn’t even seen Kevin Durant play before. Now he’s a household name.

J.R. Smith is a H.O.R.S.E. superstar waiting to happen. He’s athletic enough to pull off some of the crazier moves, a dead-eye shooter who can keep everyone else honest, and so brash that he could feasibly just take longer and longer shots until everyone else quits. He’s not a budding star like the other two names on this list, but, as a man who’s often been out of place in the NBA, he deserves to find his true calling.

Did I forget anyone? Who would you like to see?

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/tsn/95/fullj.bdc43fa159c4f4e03aa3e5c3605b3304/tsn-horsewillreturntoall0.jpg?x=425&y=500&xc=1&yc=1&wc=425&hc=500&q=100&sig=5PdUbqVrJY0mGQj9vH.97w--

bdictjames
01-20-2010, 04:50 PM
Ginobili should play.

baseline bum
01-20-2010, 04:51 PM
That game of G.E.I.C.O. was lame last time. If they want it to be good, they need megastars like they had with Pistol Pete and Ice when CBS did it.

I. Hustle
01-20-2010, 04:56 PM
Manu should definately be in it.

TheMACHINE
01-20-2010, 05:24 PM
AKX6jd540ro

Dex
01-20-2010, 05:27 PM
I thought this was a cool idea last year, then it ended up being a snoozer. Hopefully the time change will help, but they need to find the right guys for it. I don't want to see who can miss 5 three point shots first.

23LeBronJames23
01-20-2010, 05:28 PM
Durant aint gon be in it?

hsxvvd
01-20-2010, 05:30 PM
AKX6jd540ro

You don't need NBA guys to participate, getting in "experts" like these guys would be a better show anyway.

WalterSobchak
01-20-2010, 05:43 PM
Wow. First page, 5th post. Lakers fan posts a video of Lebron losing a game of horse. What a shock. :rolleyes

The mods should sticky a Lebron thread too.

ffadicted
01-20-2010, 06:13 PM
Worst idea ever imo

TheMACHINE
01-20-2010, 06:15 PM
Wow. First page, 5th post. Lakers fan posts a video of Lebron losing a game of horse. What a shock. :rolleyes

The mods should sticky a Lebron thread too.

cry some more

Chieflion
01-20-2010, 06:17 PM
Those three would do. Ellis, Jennings and J.R would make for some entertaining shit.

DOMINATOR
01-20-2010, 06:18 PM
You don't need NBA guys to participate, getting in "experts" like these guys would be a better show anyway.

yeah because bringing in players for a basketball event is what the NBA really likes doing... :rolleyes

sribb43
01-20-2010, 07:45 PM
Gay

Allanon
01-20-2010, 07:51 PM
Durant has become one of the most liked players in the NBA and all of a sudden they don't bring him back for HORSE?

Fail.