PDA

View Full Version : OK, Tom DeLay is officially F'n Insane..

Bandit2981
04-27-2005, 05:06 PM
DeLay Apologizes for Call to "Disembowel and Guillotine" Federal Judges, Democrats
Claims Remarks Were Taken "Out Of Context", Blames "Liberal Media"

WASHINGTON (AP) - House Majority Leader Tom DeLay, already embattled over charges involving fundraising and luxurious trips paid for by influential lobbyists, faced new criticism on his return to the capital after a controversial appearance at a Columbia, SC church.

DeLay's appearance at the Church of the Covenant was part of a massive GOP effort to press for changes in how federal judges are approved, though political opponents charge that the Texas congressman is merely looking for ways to get the spotlight off himself.

Sunday's appearance, which included guest appearances by Focus on the Family's Dr. James Dobson and Ralph Reed, who is running for Lt. Governor in the neighboring state of Georgia, was one of DeLay's bluntest attacks yet. Along with attacks on Hollywood celebrities and "professional would-be educators", DeLay focused much of his fire on both the Democratic minorities in the House and Senate and on those he referred to as "activist jurist Judases."

"God commands me, indeed God commands all of us to disembowel these traitors to His Holy Law. God commands us to take these communists and pederasts, whether they're in the Senate, or in the House, or on the federal bench, or in Hollywood, or in the NEA or wherever they might be, and to haul them before a crowd of righteous Americans to be guillotined. They deserve nothing less. If you spit in God's face, don't be surprised at the price you will pay," stated DeLay, who received a standing ovation for his remarks.

The evening had originally been closed to all but DeLay supporters, church members and local Republican activists. However, two reporters were able to get in by making contributions to the Congressman's campaign, and secretly recorded the evening's remarks with hidden cameras and microphones.

Meeting outside the church with pool reporters who had not been present inside the church, Dr. Dobson said that "this was one of the most moving evenings I've ever spent. I've never seen a clearer message of Christian love and compassion :rolleyes :rolleyes than that delivered by my friend Tom DeLay, one delivered with courage and conviction."

When confronted by the undercover reporters, who used their hidden recordings to point out that DeLay had also called for burning abortion doctors at the stake and stoning witches, Dobson responded "Well, that's not the speech I heard," before asking if the reporters were "of the body."

When confronted with tape and video of his remarks, which had been captured in their entirety, Rep. DeLay paused, then dismissed it as "just another example of the politics of personal destruction, which we've come to know so well from our friends in the liberal East Coast lie machine. You just love to take these things out of context, don't you?"

He then spat at one of the reporters in question before walking away.

A statement issued later by his office said that he had not meant his remarks, which included recommendations that those who oppose President Bush's Social Security reform plan be flayed alive, to be taken as anything more than a metaphor.

"However", the release concluded, "I apologize if anyone was offended by my remarks."

Along with the main presentation, DeLay also hosted a smaller private event after the main church rally to raise money for his legal defense fund. Those attending, for a contribution of up to $10,000 apiece, received dinner and cocktails with the Congressman, an opportunity to have their photos taken with Mr. DeLay and Dr. Dobson and a special "healing cloth" made of linen, dipped in fragrant oils, touched by Rep. DeLay himself and believed to have the power to cure arthritis, bursitis, fibromyalgia, psoriasis, eczema, dandruff, tooth decay, hemorrhoids, prickly heat and the croup.

exstatic
04-27-2005, 05:43 PM
...and a special "healing cloth" made of linen, dipped in fragrant oils, touched by Rep. DeLay himself and believed to have the power to cure arthritis, bursitis, fibromyalgia, psoriasis, eczema, dandruff, tooth decay, hemorrhoids, prickly heat and the croup.

:lmao

Did anyone NOT know that DeLay is a crazed muthufucka? This really isn't news for a lot of people, and a classic case of irresponsible rhetoric used to inflame the loonies. He'll act sincerely puzzled when the next abortion clinic is bombed.

jalbre6
04-27-2005, 05:46 PM
Does he use the same cloth to treat hemorroids and then tooth decay?

mookie2001
04-27-2005, 05:49 PM
Blames "Liberal Media"

oh my god he actually busted it out, wow that excuse works for everything

just remember spurs lose tonight- liberal media

dcole50
04-27-2005, 05:56 PM
haha, funny stuff.

Spurminator
04-27-2005, 06:07 PM
Link?

Call me a skeptic, but this reaks of satire.

dcole50
04-27-2005, 06:17 PM
uh, it is satire.

GoldToe
04-27-2005, 07:16 PM
He's one sock short of a pair.

desflood
04-27-2005, 07:48 PM
I'm amazed I didn't find this in The Onion.

Bandit2981
04-27-2005, 08:33 PM
yes, it is satire, i thought it was pretty close to reality though :)

Spurminator
04-27-2005, 09:25 PM
I don't think all of you realized it was satire.

Who posts rolling eyes emoticons in a passage they know is made up?

Come on, fess up. You thought it was real.

You too, ex.

;)

Nbadan
04-28-2005, 02:02 AM
Considering the outrageous behavior we've seen from Delay lately, the satirical article seems very palatable, for instance...

Time / Wednesday, Apr. 27, 2005
Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. And sometimes, according to House Majority Leader Tom DeLay, a cigar is an economic prop to a brutal totalitarian regime. Arguing against loosening sanctions against Cuba last year, DeLay warned that Fidel Castro "will take the money. Every dime that finds its way into Cuba first finds its way into Fidel Castro's blood-thirsty hands.... American consumers will get their fine cigars and their cheap sugar, but at the cost of our national honor."

DeLay has long been one of Congress' most vocal critics of what he calls Castro's "thugocracy," which is why some sharp-eyed TIME readers were surprised last week to see a photo of the Majority Leader smoking one of Cuba's best—a Hoyo de Monterrey double corona, which generally costs about $25 when purchased overseas and is not available in this country. The cigar's label clearly states that it was made in "Habana." The photo was taken in Jerusalem on July 28, 2003, during a meeting between DeLay and the Republican Jewish Coalition at the King David Hotel in Jerusalem.

http://i.timeinc.net/time/daily/2005/0504/cuban0427.jpg

Time (http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1054968,00.html?cnn=yes)

dcole50
04-28-2005, 09:29 AM
up until the "stoning witches" part it seemed almost legit. the guy is that fucking nuts. i'm not just saying these because he's a republican. there are plenty of democratic nuts and i'll name them if any one would like. but, at this moment, this guy is one of the craziest motherfuckers in office.

The Ressurrected One
04-28-2005, 10:06 AM
Didn't the Liberal Vice Presidential candidate once channel a dead baby in court? And, wasn't it the same candidate that promised Christopher Reeve would walk if only America would elect he and John Kerry?

And, by the way, that wasn't satire.

The Ressurrected One
04-28-2005, 10:07 AM
up until the "stoning witches" part it seemed almost legit. the guy is that fucking nuts. i'm not just saying these because he's a republican. there are plenty of democratic nuts and i'll name them if any one would like. but, at this moment, this guy is one of the craziest motherfuckers in office.
Satirical, made-up, rhetoric aside; how is DeLay "one of the craziest motherfuckers in office?"

Seriously, Ted Kennedy gets that prize...DeLay's got to be way down on the crazy list...

The Ressurrected One
04-28-2005, 10:29 AM
Considering the outrageous behavior we've seen from Delay lately, the satirical article seems very palatable, for instance...

http://i.timeinc.net/time/daily/2005/0504/cuban0427.jpg

Time (http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1054968,00.html?cnn=yes)
I didn't bother to read the article...but, did it say where he got the cigar? Did anyone ask him about the photo? Because, every now and then I go to a friends house and he offers me a beer. It may not be the brand I'd prefer -- in fact, I may have a negative personal opinion about the brewer -- but, to be gracious, I drink up...so long as I don't think the stuff will make me puke.

This could be no different than that.

The post indicates he was in another country (of whom's laws on the importation of Cuban Cigars I'm not aware.). That anyone would go to the trouble to try and identify the band on a cigar in a photograph says alot about their agenda. It also says they are nit picking a public figures actions probably because there is nothing substantive to other complaints and allegations.

In my opinion, scrutinizing every little nuance of a public figures life and behavior would result in such instances as this. He probably should have looked at the cigar band and refused. But really, is it that big a deal?

And, surely, you realize that any conversation about outrageous behaviors involving cigars would eventually point to The Democratic God William Jefferson Blythe Clinton and how he uses his smokes.

dcole50
04-28-2005, 05:18 PM
Satirical, made-up, rhetoric aside; how is DeLay "one of the craziest motherfuckers in office?"

have you read some of his quotes? i mean, several people here have suggested that they would not be shocked if this nonsense were true. ted kennedy is one of the members on the left i consider a nut. yet, delay is as crazy and scarier due to his more prominent position.

The Ressurrected One
04-28-2005, 06:16 PM
have you read some of his quotes? i mean, several people here have suggested that they would not be shocked if this nonsense were true. ted kennedy is one of the members on the left i consider a nut. yet, delay is as crazy and scarier due to his more prominent position.
Give me an example...

Nbadan
04-29-2005, 01:15 AM
http://images.ucomics.com/comics/sc/2005/sc050426.gif

http://www.creators.com/0417/LK/LK0422bg.gif

The Ressurrected One
04-29-2005, 10:51 AM
Still no examples?