PDA

View Full Version : TNT's Marketing Dept = VOMIT

Obstructed_View
04-27-2005, 05:57 PM
I thought there wasn't anything worse than the little Iverson keepin' it real and acting like Sprewell or Marky Mark, but they topped it. Who thinks partnering a shitty movie with the NBA playoffs is a good idea (Remember Godzilla?)? TNT. In fact, they thought it was so great that THIS time they decided to link TWO shitty movies, one made by TNT and the other in theaters.

Hey, how about interviewing Liam Neeson and that wimpy little British turd who I will forever refer to as Legolas (as my wife calls him) and ask them about competition and honor and blahdee blah as though they do anything but repeat stuff someone else writes down for them while someone else does the physical parts for them?

Sorry for the rant. The adrenaline is starting to kick in and I've been watching TNT most of the day, which is making me kind of hostile. I guess I should be grateful they're not using the stupid remake of "Higher Ground" for their NBA music.

mookie2001
04-27-2005, 06:01 PM
what about the nba comercials in 2003 with paul simon

i wanna watch you shine, wanna watch you grow im gonna tell the world, gonna let them know...there could never be a father love his daughter more than i love you

Obstructed_View
04-27-2005, 06:06 PM
what about the nba comercials in 2003 with paul simon

i wanna watch you shine, wanna watch you grow im gonna tell the world, gonna let them know...there could never be a father love his daughter more than i love you
Yep, I must have tried to block that one out. :lol

Extra Stout
04-28-2005, 01:51 PM
Who thinks partnering a shitty movie with the NBA playoffs is a good idea (Remember Godzilla?)? TNT. In fact, they thought it was so great that THIS time they decided to link TWO shitty movies, one made by TNT and the other in theaters. Yeah, it's a really bad idea to get paid a lot of money by the studio for a promotion. Terrible.

And it's also really dumb to promote your own programming during your highest-related telecast. Nobody does that, right?

Obstructed_View
04-30-2005, 11:55 AM
Duh, gee, I never thought of that. I guess I should have my opinion surgically removed.

reydawg
05-01-2005, 04:32 PM
Just wait til they see me in action. Then they'll have a whole new reason to hate my guts.