PDA

View Full Version : interesting observation

deibero
01-21-2010, 12:20 AM
25% of our losses have been to the jazz (4 out of 16)...

taking out all jazz games we are a respectable 25-12, wow!

we use to own them and now thank gd we dont have to face them anymore...

with all that said, wouldnt mind facing them in the playoffs...

HarlemHeat37
01-21-2010, 12:23 AM
Losing to a team 4 times in one season, let alone a team that is far from great and a team that the Spurs used to own(the Jazz have barely changed their team) is a horrible sign for the Spurs..as is our record vs. +.500 teams..

This team is in trouble..

ElNono
01-21-2010, 12:26 AM
No consolation for losing 4 times to a slightly above average Utah team...
It also bears bad news that we can't beat physical teams. Playoffs get more physical and we need to be up to the challenge. This team is too soft right now.

NRHector
01-21-2010, 12:28 AM
Is that supposed to make feel better?:depressed

murpjf88
01-21-2010, 12:36 AM
25% of our losses have been to the jazz (4 out of 16)...

taking out all jazz games we are a respectable 25-12, wow!

we use to own them and now thank gd we dont have to face them anymore...

with all that said, wouldnt mind facing them in the playoffs...

Oh wow, you know what I just found out, the Spurs are 1-11 combined vs Dallas, Utah, Boston, Phoenix, Denver, and Portland.

Taking those 6 teams out of the equation, the Spurs are an astounding 24-5.

We have had a sissy schedule. What makes you so sure were going to even make the playoffs? Have you seen the upcoming schedule from now until the end of the season?

boutons_deux
01-21-2010, 12:47 AM
Announcers said that no team with 4 season games has ever swept Tim Duncan.

I guess this is a sign of Tim's decline, and Pop's, too.

z0sa
01-21-2010, 12:49 AM
No consolation for losing 4 times to a slightly above average Utah team...
It also bears bad news that we can't beat physical teams. Playoffs get more physical and we need to be up to the challenge. This team is too soft right now.

Our bigs can't play D without fouling. Or we're playing small ball and getting pounded on the boards and outphysicaled everywhere else.

J_Paco
01-21-2010, 01:00 AM
Our bigs can't play D without fouling. Or we're playing small ball and getting pounded on the boards and outphysicaled everywhere else.

Yeah, Pop needs to stop going to a small-ball unit (Parker, Hill, Bogans/Mason, Ginobili and Duncan) when the other team has a 6'9'' or taller guy playing the PF. Also, Okur being allowed to play rough defense in the post has effected Timmy's play against them.

Agloco
01-21-2010, 10:13 AM
Losing to a team 4 times in one season, let alone a team that is far from great and a team that the Spurs used to own(the Jazz have barely changed their team) is a horrible sign for the Spurs..as is our record vs. +.500 teams..

This team is in trouble..

Announcers said that no team with 4 season games has ever swept Tim Duncan.

I guess this is a sign of Tim's decline, and Pop's, too.

These.....

Yeah, I was optimistic heading into the road trip, but I'm not too sure of what to make of things now. At some point, you just need to nut up and win some games, especially against marginal opponents like Utah.

This doesn't bode well at all. It may be that the Rodeo Road trip winds up being the nail in the coffin this year.

tmtcsc
01-21-2010, 11:03 AM
This current team has been bad. We've got pretty high expectations here in San Antonio so anything short of a Title is crap.

We've got more than crap. Richard Jefferson doesn't fit, Tony Parker is either really injured or not focused and our lineups have been reckless and chaotic.

Plenty of blame to go around. This team isn't jelling whatsoever. Oh, they've shown flashes but without having any sort of consistency, its pointless.

Our record is no indication of how poor this team is. We don't beat good teams and that's all that matters. Beating an injured lakers team doesn't count for shit.

The best win we've had all season is probably the one against the Thunder and that was by the skin of our teeth.

Whatever. If they don't pull it together then my now low expectations will cushion the disappointment.