PDA

View Full Version : Colengelo given contol of U.S. mens Olympic basketball!

Crafty One
04-27-2005, 06:14 PM
PHX Jerry Colengelo!!! (http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/news/story?id=2048026)

ducks
04-27-2005, 06:22 PM
I was going to post this!

Crafty One
04-27-2005, 06:25 PM
Oops?

ducks
04-27-2005, 06:26 PM
joking

I was just about to post it then you already had it posted

wanting to know what addias things of this move

jalbre6
04-27-2005, 06:27 PM
Good move. The Canadians did a very similar thing when they gave Wayne Gretzky complete control of their hockey program, and then won the gold medal for the first time in 50 years in Utah.

Hopefully Colangelo understands that we need a unified team rather than a bunch of All-Stars acting like it was the McDonald's Open. He said he wants full tryouts, so that sounds like a good sign.

Crafty One
04-27-2005, 06:51 PM
Maybe........Maybe..

gus
04-28-2005, 08:54 AM
I think that US Basketball still don't get it.

Basketball is Basketball. Fiba and NBA are the same sport.

But you won't win if you know shit of your oponent and play
like if you were in Rucker park, hearing some rap etc.

Last summer Duncan was the only who showed up and he, when he was out of foul trouble outrebounded and outplayed everyone.

The problem is that you won't win with a sneaker contract, you have to show up and play basketball and know like every f...ing human being outside the NBA that the Lithuanians shoot bloody well the treys and how to beat a zone.

Mike D'Antoni is coaching with the same game plan he used when he was in Benetton Treviso in Italy. George Karl was a terrific coach in Spain. Phil Jackson and Del Harris credit his experience to coach in Puerto Rico. College Basketball is more like FIBA than NBA, so stop with the differences in game and start training and playing seriously.

Another issue, how in the hell USA Basket do not know the American players that are stars in CSKA Moscow and Maccabi Tel Aviv. They will kick the arses of the so called "Dream Team" if they don't train.

Regards.

jalbre6
04-28-2005, 01:32 PM
I think that US Basketball still don't get it.

If you give one guy that gets it the keys and then let him do his thing, you're in a lot better shape.

I'm guessing that's the thought process for the Olympic basketball folks.