PDA

View Full Version : Monroe: Manu's bat experience might come in handy

duncan228
01-21-2010, 01:04 AM
Manu's bat experience might come in handy (http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/spurs/Manus_bat_experience_might_come_in_handy.html)
Mike Monroe

Spurs guard Manu Ginobili soon may be needed in his hometown in Argentina.

According to news reports out of Bahia Blanca, bats have invaded the courthouse in the town where Ginobili grew up.

“Yeah, it happened,” Ginobili said. “No jokes, it's true. Between the roof and the (attic), they were all there. They tried to get them out, and they went crazy and started flying all over the place. They can't get them out, so they worry about what to do.”

One solution: Call Ginobili. After his renowned confrontation with a Mexican freetail bat in the Spurs' Halloween Night victory over the Sacramento Kings at the AT&T Center, the Spurs guard is surprised he hasn't been called to try to clean up the situation.

“I know it (a call) is going to come,” Ginobili said before scoring a team-high 22 points in the Spurs' 105-98 loss to the Utah Jazz. “Hopefully, they don't. If they do, the pharmaceuticals companies are going to be very happy about it.”

Ginobili swatted a bat out of the air as it circled the court at the AT&T Center on Oct. 31. After he picked it up with his bare hand and handed it to an usher, he was required to endure a series of painful rabies shots.

High praise: When a Hall of Fame coach calls a player a “horse,” it's flattery. When it is renowned Illinois farmer Jerry Sloan, it's high praise, indeed. Count Sloan among Spurs rookie DeJuan Blair's admirers.

“He's a terrific rebounder,” Sloan said. “He's got a great knack around the basket, and he's not afraid. He gets into people, and he moves them out of position. He's a horse. He's amazing.”

The Jazz had Blair in for a pre-draft workout last June but were among the teams that backed away because of his missing knee ligaments.

“We had him in, and we were told his legs were kind of questionable,” Sloan said, “but I've got to admire the kid for what we were told about him, and what he's been able to do and how he's been able to hold up.”

The “horse” pulled down 11 rebounds against Sloan's team Wednesday but scored only four points on 2-for-6 shooting.

timvp
01-21-2010, 01:05 AM
Bat revenge.

itzsoweezee
01-21-2010, 01:07 AM
those two missed dunks really irked me because they didn't even look close. maybe he was hoping for a call on the second one. regardless, another great night on the boards for grizzly blair.

Man In Black
01-21-2010, 01:11 AM
That was a clean block of Milsap that Blair got that was called a foul.

baseline bum
01-21-2010, 01:13 AM
Sucks when smacking a bat is the highlight of the Spurs season so far.

HarlemHeat37
01-21-2010, 01:16 AM
those two missed dunks really irked me because they didn't even look close. maybe he was hoping for a call on the second one. regardless, another great night on the boards for grizzly blair.

The second one was a huge foul, I have no idea how they didn't call that one..Price clearly got him on the arm..

z0sa
01-21-2010, 01:17 AM
Sucks when smacking a bat is the highlight of the Spurs season so far.

"Hey, remember those two seasons when Mason hit those shots and Manu smacked the bat?"

igruex
01-21-2010, 01:21 AM
"And Pop thought he could replace Bruce Bowen with Keith Bogans, that was hilarious!" (or not).

romain.star
01-21-2010, 09:27 AM
"Hey, remember those two seasons when Mason hit those shots and Manu smacked the bat?"

:smchode:

Bukefal
01-21-2010, 09:33 AM
Horse? :lol his nickname should be Blair 45HP