PDA

View Full Version : The Demise of the Spurs and Patriots Twin Dynasties

namlook
01-21-2010, 01:40 AM
The Demise of the Spurs and Patriots Twin Dynasties

If you had to make a list of the most consistently great sports franchises over the last decade, chances are that you’d include the San Antonio Spurs and New England Patriots on them. They’ve combined for six championships in the last ten years, as well as three Coach of the Year awards, three MVP awards, and sixteen playoff appearances. By any measure, they’ve created dynasties in their respective sports. Nothing lasts forever, though.

(http://howtowatchsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/spurs-patriots.jpg)The Spurs and Patriots have been on top for a while, but all things must come to an end.

Despite an impressive run of greatness from both teams, their time on top looks to be at an end. In fact, one could argue that both teams’ runs have been done for three years now.

http://howtowatchsports.com/2010/01/the-demise-of-the-spurs-and-patriots-twin-dynasties/

I_Speak_4_Dallas_Fan
01-21-2010, 01:45 AM
Spurs taking a pounding Jenna Jameson style.

HarlemHeat37
01-21-2010, 01:46 AM
That's actually a good point that I have thought about too, but the article was poor..I've always bought into the Spurs-Patriots comparisons even though a lot of Spurs fans don't..we'll see if both teams bounce back..

Do you have any articles on Scottie Pippen being the best player in the NBA?..

midnightpulp
01-21-2010, 02:07 AM
Spurs can bounce back. Their nucleus of Duncan/Parker is still strong and they have two great young talents in Blair and Hill (if Hill were on a scrub team, he could very easily average 20 a game). Furthermore, since Duncan's game doesn't rely on athleticism, he'll be effective for a few more years, sustaining a Kareem-like longevity. I don't see him dropping off like Shaq in his mid-late 30s.

And this current team has the pieces but just can't seem to find an identity. If they can manage to gel, they can be a real threat come Spring.

Right now, however, that's a pretty big if.

Bukefal
01-21-2010, 04:39 AM
It's not over yet....

Sean Cagney
01-21-2010, 04:56 AM

You talk alot of trash when your team is a 1st or second round exit again and never won shyt man........

That is all.

Bukefal
01-21-2010, 05:04 AM

:lol mavs fans. Mavs fans, of all people, saying this :rollin

We were/are at the top, we are/were a dynasty. We've been there, seen that, done that.

What have the mavs accomplished?

Zero. Zip. Nada. Zilch. Nothing
:rollin

Damn, even the word 'mavs' could be a synonym of the word 'nothing'.

badfish22
01-21-2010, 03:19 PM
:lmao spurfan

CavsSuperFan
01-21-2010, 03:23 PM

LMAO...I am not bagging on the Spurs...Some of you guys are just darn funny...:lol

dirk4mvp
01-21-2010, 03:23 PM
:lol mavs fans. Mavs fans, of all people, saying this :rollin

We were/are at the top, we are/were a dynasty. We've been there, seen that, done that.

What have the mavs accomplished?

Zero. Zip. Nada. Zilch. Nothing
:rollin

Damn, even the word 'mavs' could be a synonym of the word 'nothing'.

More people would take you serious if you didn't think Parker was a top 10 player.

DxB
01-21-2010, 03:28 PM
Disarm you with my smile? Fkin faggot mavs fans tryina be smart...

Bukefal
01-21-2010, 03:30 PM
More people would take you serious if you didn't think Parker was a top 10 player.

Still, it doesnt change the fact that you are 'nothing'.

Truth hurts ay?

As for Parker, I dont really give a shit what you think. He was/is a top 10 player, we( At least me) were talking about not specifically now at this moment, because now he is not doing so well. aaagh go find the thread and look

BlackSwordsMan
01-21-2010, 03:49 PM
tom doll patriots and tim duncan spur fandom in the same hand basket? not good brah

dirk4mvp
01-21-2010, 03:52 PM
Disarm you with my smile? Fkin faggot mavs fans tryina be smart...

More like Fkin faggot spur fans listening to nothing else besides Selena.

Still, it doesnt change the fact that you are 'nothing'.

Truth hurts ay?

As for Parker, I dont really give a shit what you think. He was/is a top 10 player, we( At least me) were talking about not specifically now at this moment, because now he is not doing so well. aaagh go find the thread and look

lol the only poster on spurstalk who thinks Parker is top 10.

mavs>spurs2
01-21-2010, 03:58 PM
LOL @ parker being top 10 nba. the only top 10 list he's making is top ten all time bisexual french players :lol

lefty
01-21-2010, 04:06 PM
How did Dwayne Wade's dick feel?

Andrew Bynum
01-21-2010, 04:09 PM
How did Dwayne Wade's dick feel?

:lol Uber butthurt Spurs/Pats fan :lmao

hater
01-21-2010, 04:12 PM
Rip

stretch
01-21-2010, 04:26 PM
spurs didnt repeat

therefore, no dynasty

lefty
01-21-2010, 04:51 PM
spurs didnt repeat

therefore, no dynasty
Pfft....

The Mavs haven't even peated

Bukefal
01-21-2010, 06:05 PM
More like Fkin faggot spur fans listening to nothing else besides Selena.

lol the only poster on spurstalk who thinks Parker is top 10.

Oh my god... yeah that's horrible, imagine. damn, I should be arrested now :sleep

Lol mavsfans continuing their legacy of suck'ness

stretch
01-21-2010, 06:07 PM
rofl macedonian logic

Bukefal
01-21-2010, 06:11 PM
rofl macedonian logic

:lol yeah

Why is that Mavs fans, 9 of 10 times they say something, it's crap?

Bukefal
01-21-2010, 06:12 PM
Im surprised you know that a macedonian is not a 'argie' or 'frenchie' :lol

Bukefal
01-21-2010, 06:28 PM
Instead of acting like a little bitch, you could also come with arguments and tell me otherwise.

dirk4mvp
01-21-2010, 06:30 PM
hi

dirk4mvp
01-21-2010, 06:31 PM
Instead of acting like a little bitch, you could also come with arguments and tell me otherwise.

This coming from a guy who thinks Parker is top 10 because you think so, not actually coming with arguments and telling me otherwise.

Bukefal
01-21-2010, 06:36 PM
This coming from a guy who thinks Parker is top 10 because you think so, not actually coming with arguments and telling me otherwise.

Do you even know what you are saying :rollin

dirk4mvp
01-21-2010, 06:39 PM
Do you even know what you're saying when you post Parker is top 10? :rollin

Bukefal
01-21-2010, 06:43 PM
Yeah I do, Parker is a top 10. His qualities are there, his experience is there, and his achievements are there. Again, im not talking about right now, im talking about in general of players who are active in the NBA nowadays.

badfish22
01-21-2010, 06:53 PM
Yeah I do, Parker is a top 10. His qualities are there, his experience is there, and his achievements are there. Again, im not talking about right now, im talking about in general of players who are active in the NBA nowadays.

So Parker is top ten because of qualities, experience and achievements? :lmao

Bukefal
01-21-2010, 07:00 PM
Ooh jesus, yeah he has the quality, he is one of the best pg in the league, I even think he is better than Paul. which most of you dont get, because you only look at pauls stats and see they are higher than parker's so, based on that, paul must be better. But that's BS, they are higher because of Pauls role in his team. Stats do not say anything always. Plus he as achieved so much more, of course that doesnt mean anything, but still.

And again for you im not talking about current performance, Im talking about in general of players who are playing in the nba. Again, im not talking about players based on their recent performance over the last months. Dont you think based on especially last year and the years before that parker has the qualities of a top 10 player? I think you cant deny that.

Bukefal
01-21-2010, 07:03 PM
Its pointless to have a talk with you and stretch about this, because the only thing you are looking for is to bitch others.

You should just continue in what you are doing best; make posts which exist only of: lol and lol and lol and rofl and crofl, whatever that may mean.

Andrew Bynum
01-21-2010, 07:05 PM
lol changing your avatar to something that happened three years ago cause you know your team is done winning for a long ass time.

Bukefal
01-21-2010, 07:06 PM
lol changing your avatar to something that happened three years ago cause you know your team is done winning for a long ass time.

Nice to see you are so interested in what I do. Yeah, that must be it

dirk4mvp
01-21-2010, 07:07 PM
It's pointless to have a talk with you about this, because the only think you are looking for is to stroke Parker off.

You should just continue in what you are doing best; make posts in which exist only of: I love Parker and he's a top 10 player, however false that may be.

Bukefal
01-21-2010, 07:11 PM
It's pointless to have a talk with you about this, because the only think you are looking for is to stroke Parker off.

You should just continue in what you are doing best; make posts in which exist only of: I love Parker and he's a top 10 player, however false that may be.

Well, then I will just continue to do that and you do your own thing. It amazes me how freakin narrowminded you are. So if I have an opinion about something, and you do not agree with it, you see a way to bitch and bitch and moan and making fun and saying that I love and stroke parker off :lol

Damn, you really suck. :rollin

You probably also think Kobe is better than LEbron. Im not agreeing with that. So do you see me now bitching on you and on and on and on, just because you have that opinion? No, I would just say that LEbron is better and that's it.

dirk4mvp
01-21-2010, 07:13 PM
http://images.starcraftmazter.net/4chan/for_forums/butthurt2.jpg

Bukefal
01-21-2010, 07:14 PM
:lol yeah come up with other pics and bitching, you cant seem do to anything else.

dirk4mvp
01-21-2010, 07:15 PM
:lol butthurt

Bukefal
01-21-2010, 07:18 PM
:lol

BadOdor
01-21-2010, 07:55 PM
sons, he did give an argument as to why parker is better than paul...

Paul is more dependent on his teammates, he needs the others to set screens while Parker with his quickness can drive by himself past every defender.

LOLZ

ezau
01-21-2010, 08:54 PM
spurs didnt repeat

therefore, no dynasty

Mavs didn't win a championship

4>0

ezau
01-21-2010, 08:58 PM
Parker is barely top 10 PG in this league.

so what do you call Fisher?

Chucho
01-21-2010, 09:01 PM
Stupid Mavs fans...the only thing they can cling to is a dynasty's failures...poor, shameless chumps, it's better to have been there and seen the top of the mountain than to be the simple bastards pickin up the shit from the horses with a shovel.

And yeah, didn't repeat, but won more games in ten years than only two other teams in history and more 53+ win seasons in a row than any other franchise ever, what the fuck is that if that isn't a dynasty? Straight fuckin pwnage? Whatever it is the Mavs have never been in sniffing distance. The only thing they've ever done better than the Spurs is suck and choke.

Roxsfan
01-21-2010, 10:10 PM
Not the greatest comparison b/c the pats repeated unlike the spurs. Defending the title is necessary b4 u speak of dynasty.

Blake
01-14-2019, 12:26 PM
Excellent 2010 thread

Mr. Body
01-14-2019, 04:03 PM
Pats cheat, Spurs don't.

Mr. Body
01-14-2019, 04:04 PM
Not the greatest comparison b/c the pats repeated unlike the spurs. Defending the title is necessary b4 u speak of dynasty.

Bird's Celtics never repeated. You wouldn't call them a dynasty?

Will Hunting
01-14-2019, 08:03 PM
Pats cheat, Spurs don't.
Might need to consult my nigga Tommy Nunez on that one tbh.

Millennial_Messiah
01-14-2019, 10:37 PM
3 championships later this thread is trash

Rosewood
01-14-2019, 10:39 PM
Good Bump. Most of those trolls are still here on other accounts.

Raven
01-15-2019, 06:34 AM
:lmao great bump

lebomb
01-15-2019, 07:51 AM
Back track to 2014. LOL..........this thread fails tremendously.

MultiTroll
01-15-2019, 10:05 AM
FAKE NEWS
Yep.
Most if not all of the Pattycakes trophy's are FAKE.

https://www.businessinsider.com/espn-report-patriots-spygate-scandal-2015-9

MultiTroll
01-15-2019, 10:07 AM
Spursfan,
Isn't having a legit Championship 100Xs better then a fake one?

PatsPhan,
Would you like to experience this?

MultiTroll
01-15-2019, 10:33 AM
I'm a slob. Rather then work for and earn it, this is the only way I can win:

methods of cheating reportedly include:

Sending low-level Patriots employees to sneak into the visiting locker room during pregame warm-ups and steal the play sheet. As Van Natta and Wickersham note, "The practice became so notorious that some coaches put out fake play sheets for the Patriots to swipe."
Sending employees through the visiting team's hotel to try to swipe playbooks and scouting reports.
"Scrambling and jamming" opponent radio headsets to interfere with opponent communication.

MultiTroll
01-15-2019, 10:38 AM
https://www.meme-arsenal.com/memes/bcf7521cfa9d55957ca3f96e9b654957.jpg did you say there is a new TomDoll I can sleep with?

"[A backup quarterback named John] Friesz was told that the Patriots had a tape of the Bucs' signals. He was instructed to memorize them, and during the game, to watch Bucs defensive coordinator Monte Kiffin and tell [offensive coordinator Charlie] Weis the defensive play, which Weis would relay over the radio headset system to quarterback Drew Bledsoe." Van Natta and Wickersham report that although the Patriots lost that game, they realized a "schematic" edge over other teams. They "streamlined the system," finding a more efficient way to note the plays and relay the information, cutting out the quarterbacks, with only a few

MultiTroll
01-15-2019, 11:54 AM
slob i command you to demonstrate your OCD.

Darth_Pelican
01-15-2019, 12:12 PM
pro·jec·tion
/prəˈjekSH(ə)n/
noun
noun: projection; plural noun: projections

an estimate or forecast of a future situation or trend based on a study of present ones.
"plans based on projections of slow but positive growth"

synonyms:
estimate, forecast, prediction, calculation, prognosis, prognostication, reckoning, expectation; Moreforecasting, estimation, computation;
extrapolation
"the company claims it has exceeded its initial sales projection"

the presentation of an image on a surface, especially a movie screen.
"quality illustrations for overhead projection"

an image projected on a surface.
"the background projections featured humpback whales"
the ability to make a sound, especially the voice, heard at a distance.
"I taught him voice projection"

the presentation or promotion of someone or something in a particular way.
"the legal profession's projection of an image of altruism"

a mental image viewed as reality.
"monsters can be understood as mental projections of mankind's fears"
the unconscious transfer of one's own desires or emotions to another person.
"we protect the self by a number of defense mechanisms, including repression and projection"

:lol