Hungary
Ukraine

Group C:
Belgium
Bulgaria
Georgia
Poland
Portugal

Group A is pretty tough, now especially with newcomer Montenegro from division B. I think they'll do pretty well and have a very talented team. Should be interesting.

Group B. Im glad we, Macedonia, got in group B. We'll pull this off, Hungary and Ukraine would be no problem. As for Bosnia will be bit tougher and Great Brittain, well they arent so good either, plus we've beaten them already last summer, we know them. I do am worried about our new head coach, the biggest factor for our success in Eurobasket and for our qualification was our old coach, Stevica Ristic. I hope his successor will continue, Marin Dokuzovski. We have a good team, our captain PG has retired, so now Darius Washington will take his place and will be there also.

We finished at 9th place in eurobasket in Poland. Above Poland, Germany, Lithuania, Great Brittain, Israel, Bulgaria and Latvia. We lost so close, by only 3 points to Russia in a game where we were pretty much better than them, otherwise we would have been probably automatically qualified for WC, for which we havent received a wild card either. Germany and Lithuania got the wild card, they dont deserve it, but hey, its about pumping money in int. basketball and how much they've done for it.

Group C. well Poland and Bulgaria are probably the ones with the most chances.

As for the automatically qualified teams; Based on last games, Germany sucks, they won't do any good in my eyes and France well they have so much quality players, but they will miss Tony Parker, the rest dont seem to do so well for the national team. It will be most likely be about Greece, Slovenia, Spain and Serbia.

Anyway, qualification starts on August 2nd. Im looking forward to it.

English, Polish, Slovenian, French, German members on here? What do you think? Discuss.

:toast

endrity
01-21-2010, 08:58 AM
Germany without Nowitzki is a bunch of amateurs trying to play pick up ball. Nothing more!

Spain continue to be the continental superpower, but Serbia showed that it's starting to regain some of its lost prestige. Also, I want to see how Italy progress now that their NBA trio is starting to fulfill some its potential. If he keeps progressing Bargnani should be in the All Star discussion next season, and Gallinari isn't too far behind. Greece is probably the only other team who could trouble the Spanish, but for now even the future seems to belong to them, just like in football. It truly is a golden era for Spanish sports.

sonic21
01-21-2010, 09:14 AM
France needs a C, Turiaf is our starting C and he's a scrub. The team will improve next summer with Noah. The main reason we lost to spain was because nobody was tall enough to defend Gasol (and also spain was the better team).

DxB
01-21-2010, 10:44 AM
lol use mahinmi as your C... nigga might actually get some playing time