PDA

View Full Version : I hate complianing about the refs but will complain anyways

Cant_Be_Faded
01-21-2010, 12:35 AM
Ever since the global financial crisis, and the nba making it known that they need to make more money, spurs get fucked left and right at home on calls, and I am sick of it. (By coincidence, Lakers have made it to back to back finals during this stretch...)

No fucking way in the history of the NBA pantheon does any other player get fucked like Duncan did tonight when gunning for 20,000.

Let me set the record straight: Duncan can do no wrong to me, ever, it's a privilege watching him sit on the bench much less play a basketball game. I don't give a fuck personally about him reaching 20,000 points because it was an inevitability and he has much more accomplishments in his NBA career.

But the slap in the face by a spiked iron gauntlet is too much to stomach. Give me a fucking break, this man has done more for this game than most people on most rosters combined....yet he and his gets screwed left and right lately, even at home.
He came into the game with 10 minutes to go in the game, and got a questionable offensive foul instantly, then a bull shit defensive foul five seconds later. I can honestly say I've never seen Duncan foul twice so quickly, at least I can't remember.

No fucking way Kobe gets treated like this in LA, and it drives me crazy because I am comparing an ass-rapist with a really great amicable guy.

HarlemHeat37
01-21-2010, 12:39 AM
It's really sad more than anything..the NBA continues it's twisted marketing..

It sounds cliche, but I think the Crawford incident really started something..

BadOdor
01-21-2010, 12:39 AM
Nothing to see here, just another bitch-ass whiny spur fan crying about thw calls he's supposed to cry about. lol 0-4 against utah.

ElNono
01-21-2010, 12:40 AM
I'll give you this: with the physicality that the game was being played, that ticky tacky 5th foul was complete horseshit and onditioned his play for the rest of the stretch run. I still think we lost this game in the 3rd quarter with piss poor defense, but there you have it.

HarlemHeat37
01-21-2010, 12:41 AM
With that being said, Duncan really has to get over refs..I know most superstars have that same problem, but it really gets in his head..

it's me
01-21-2010, 12:41 AM
Ever since the global financial crisis, and the nba making it known that they need to make more money, spurs get fucked left and right at home on calls, and I am sick of it. (By coincidence, Lakers have made it to back to back finals during this stretch...)

No fucking way in the history of the NBA pantheon does any other player get fucked like Duncan did tonight when gunning for 20,000.

Let me set the record straight: Duncan can do no wrong to me, ever, it's a privilege watching him sit on the bench much less play a basketball game. I don't give a fuck personally about him reaching 20,000 points because it was an inevitability and he has much more accomplishments in his NBA career.

But the slap in the face by a spiked iron gauntlet is too much to stomach. Give me a fucking break, this man has done more for this game than most people on most rosters combined....yet he and his gets screwed left and right lately, even at home.
He came into the game with 10 minutes to go in the game, and got a questionable offensive foul instantly, then a bull shit defensive foul five seconds later. I can honestly say I've never seen Duncan foul twice so quickly, at least I can't remember.

No fucking way Kobe gets treated like this in LA, and it drives me crazy because I am comparing an ass-rapist with a really great amicable guy.

It's freaking manu's fault ... don't forget that.

z0sa
01-21-2010, 12:44 AM
The refs are way, way, wayyy too inconsistent. They call the same action differently depending on which side of the floor its on, and it's total bullshit.

murpjf88
01-21-2010, 12:45 AM
Again with the refs. Utah shot 32 FT's compared to the Spurs 26. It's always sombody else's fault the Spurs lose. NEWS FLASH.... The Spurs defense is pathetic and the offense in clutch time is abysmal.

Cant_Be_Faded
01-21-2010, 12:48 AM
Again with the refs. Utah shot 32 FT's compared to the Spurs 26. It's always sombody else's fault the Spurs lose. NEWS FLASH.... The Spurs defense is pathetic and the offense in clutch time is abysmal.

news flash
looking at overall FT attempts to ascertain the reffing is stone age shit and has been for at least a decade.

elbamba
01-21-2010, 12:49 AM
while I think the officiating is crap sadly the days of giving the ball to manu to win the game the last three minutes are over

Dunc n Dave
01-21-2010, 01:01 AM
The saddest part was that Duncan had ZERO fouls at half time, and picked up 6 fouls (of which at least 3 were questionable at best) in the 2nd half of a game he finished 1 point shy of 20k...

Tell me what other player who has won the MVP award has ever fouled out of a game after having ZERO fouls at half time?

redzero
01-21-2010, 01:02 AM
Don't be mad 'cause Boozer styled all over Fat Anotonio.

z0sa
01-21-2010, 01:05 AM
It's just a sign of the times. Nowadays, the offensive players get every benefit unless the defender flops. Offensive players like Dirk, Wade and LeBron make their living initiating 90% of the contact on fouls - MJ didn't get some of the touch fouls on the perimeter these guys get. The refs also routinely miss tons of clean swipes/blocks now, it's just disgusting. I only wish they would just decide what is a foul for BOTH ends instead of calling one thing a foul and then not calling the exact same thing on the other end.

NRHector
01-21-2010, 01:06 AM
Nothing to see here, just another bitch-ass whiny spur fan crying about thw calls he's supposed to cry about. lol 0-4 against utah.then why are you here?

tlongII
01-21-2010, 01:32 AM
I thought the officiating was pretty fair.

Allanon
01-21-2010, 01:37 AM
Jazz actually were called for more fouls:

Spurs 21 fouls
Jazz 23 fouls

Sooner or later, blaming losses on the refs becomes just another excuse.

Cant_Be_Faded
01-21-2010, 01:52 AM
No fuckign way in the history of top 20 players in NBA history does anyone but Duncan come into the game needing 3 points and pick up two questionable fouls in 20 seconds, one on each end of the floor.

ffadicted
01-21-2010, 01:57 AM
The second half was as disgrace, yes. And as CBF said, no respect for Duncan, those last few calls on him were BS

crc21209
01-21-2010, 01:58 AM
No fuckign way in the history of top 20 players in NBA history does anyone but Duncan come into the game needing 3 points and pick up two questionable fouls in 20 seconds, one on each end of the floor.

I thought the EXACT same thing. The refs slapped TD right in the face tonight...and it's wrong. I couldnt believe what I was watching when TD picked up bullshit foul after bullshit foul yet the Jazz could swipe and hack at the Spurs and nothing...

StoneBuddha
01-21-2010, 02:04 AM
Duncan gets the least respect of any top ten player in the league. I hate conspiracy theories but I'm starting to wonder if the Joey Crawford incident is having lasting ramifications.

duncan228
01-21-2010, 02:08 AM
Is Duncan's jersey being held here? If so, was it called?

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x282/duncan228/2009-2010/1-20-1022.jpg

Allanon
01-21-2010, 02:08 AM
You could say the refs showed Tim the utmost in respect by fouling him out.

Tim Duncan doesn't deserve his 20,000th point on the wrong end of a season sweep.

By fouling out Duncan in a game that was already lost, the Refs saved Duncan the indignity of getting his career milestone while getting swept by the Jazz.

Dirk got his 20,000th point as a footnote to a Dallas loss...Duncan deserves better than that.

Whisky Dog
01-21-2010, 02:57 AM
The NBA is WWE still in denial.

We know the refs influence the outcome on their own agendas.

I hate people who use the "if it's rigged don't watch" bullshit argument. It's just like wrestling - it can be a bit entertaining if you realize it's bs and don't get emotionally vested. I get pissed over Cowboys/Longhorns games because I know those are legit. I don't even get pissed anymore over Spurs games because I know it's bs biased shit, the same reason I wouldn't get pissed if Shawn Michaels lost a bout.

Tp9gospursgo
01-21-2010, 03:21 AM
The refs were OK in the first half. they might have less fouls. But its just hard for me to comprehend that Duncan got all six of his fouls in the second half. The refs decided at the half who they were going for and it was Duncan. They called EVERY single touch foul on him in the second half. It was sick for me to just watch it. Especially the last foul they called on Timmy. I dont even think he touched Boozer at all but got the call. That was when we were only down by three. It couldve been a game changer.

blkroadrunners
01-21-2010, 03:28 AM
To be fair, I thought the Spurs could have given the ball to Timmy more in the 4th. I was at the game, and there were so many times the Spurs tried going 1-on-1 particularly Parker in crunch time. Duncan had Boozer on him for most of the 2nd part of the 4th qtr when both teams went small, and the Spurs should have taken advantage of it.

I won't deny though the refs were pretty bad none-the-less.