PDA

View Full Version : Schoening: DeJuan Blair Having an Impact

duncan228
01-21-2010, 04:20 PM
http://www.nba.com/spurs/photos/blair_660_100120.jpg

DeJuan Blair Having an Impact (http://www.nba.com/spurs/timeout/20secondto.html)
by Bill Schoening
20-Second Timeout

Even though he was the 37th pick in the NBA draft last June, DeJuan Blair was hardly a secret around NBA circles. Sure, GM's around the league backed off when they learned of Blair's knee surgeries in high school, but it's hard to find anyone that doesn't have a great deal of respect for his ability to grab rebounds at both ends of the floor.

This was a guy who was the co-Big East player of the year and who led Pitt to a top national ranking during his sophomore season. Concerns that his game wouldn't translate to the NBA have been shrinking after folks have gotten a chance to see him up close. His youthful energy and enthusiasm and willingness to mix it up with guys six inches taller have caught the attention of his teammates.

Point guard Tony Parker says, "DeJuan has been huge for us. I have been very impressed to see what he can do when he gets a lot of minutes. I think it is good for us now and for the future."

Blair's eye popping performance against Oklahoma City earlier this month (28 points and 21 rebounds) came when the Spurs needed that kind of effort since Tim Duncan was given a rest that evening.

Blair is not concerned at all about hitting the so called "rookie wall". When asked about the wall, Blair shrugged, "The rookie wall is not for me. There's no pressure on me, I'm just the energy guy." It's the type of energy that is already paying dividends for the Spurs, halfway through Blair's rookie campaign.

spursballer21
01-21-2010, 09:49 PM
Blair is not concerned at all about hitting the so called "rookie wall". When asked about the wall, Blair shrugged, "The rookie wall is not for me. There's no pressure on me, I'm just the energy guy."
wow is he a badass or what he is a super confident guy from what hes saying
fuck the rookie wall

Manu-of-steel
01-21-2010, 11:33 PM
He's not afraid of the rookie wall because he can just bump it and it will crumble.