PDA

View Full Version : Sources: Nash, Iverson make All-Star roster

duncan228
01-21-2010, 05:26 PM
Sources: Nash, Iverson make All-Star roster (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AgtDtPAAonY_rzgEx.YeauKzvLYF?slug=mc-allstarroster012110&prov=yhoo&type=lgns)
By Marc J. Spears

Sparing the NBA an embarrassment, Phoenix Suns guard Steve Nash overtook exiled Houston Rocket Tracy McGrady in the final days of balloting to secure a Western Conference starting spot in the 2010 All-Star game, league sources told Yahoo! Sports on Thursday. McGrady played just six games for a total of 46 minutes until he and the team decided to separate from each other until the Rockets can work a trade for him.

The Philadelphia 76ers’ Allen Iverson was also voted into the Feb. 14th game in Dallas as a starter for the Eastern Conference, sources said.

Because Iverson started the season with the Memphis Grizzlies, Iverson was on the Western Conference ballot. Yet the Grizzlies waived him and Iverson signed with Philadelphia on Dec. 3. He’s averaged 14.8 points for the 76ers. This will be Iverson’s 11th All-Star appearance.

McGrady held a slim lead of 2,475 votes over Nash in the league’s Jan. 7th release of voting results.

The NBA will officially release the voting results Thursday night during TNT’s doubleheader broadcast.

Trainwreck2100
01-21-2010, 05:49 PM
i guess this is collusion spurs fans will like

why would we like this it doesn't help Tim who is the only player that deserves the selection. And I myself like it when the NBA looks like a bunch of fools

ffadicted
01-21-2010, 06:34 PM
Damn it I was voting for Tmac everyday too :(

Andrew Bynum
01-21-2010, 06:47 PM
manu or tony should have been voted in :cry:cry:cry

Nash2TimeMVp
01-21-2010, 06:54 PM
yes yes yes yes YES!!

BRHornet45
01-21-2010, 07:11 PM
sons this is the same thing that happened last year with Chris Paul ... somehow magically in the final couple days he overtook McGrady's RIDICULOUSLY huge lead. I call BS ... the NBA rigged it so that Paul started last year and Nash starts this year. there is noway in hell either of them legitimately overtook McGrady's Chinese votes.

Both Paul and Nash deserve the spot, but it just goes to show you that the NBA will rig anything in their favor.

lurker
01-21-2010, 07:26 PM
I like Tim Duncan and the All-Star game doesn't mean shit anyway, but really, should he be starting over Dirk this season?

Darthkiller
01-21-2010, 07:27 PM
sons this is the same thing that happened last year with Chris Paul ... somehow magically in the final couple days he overtook McGrady's RIDICULOUSLY huge lead. I call BS ... the NBA rigged it so that Paul started last year and Nash starts this year. there is noway in hell either of them legitimately overtook McGrady's Chinese votes.

Both Paul and Nash deserve the spot, but it just goes to show you that the NBA will rig anything in their favor.

then how did u explain iverson starting.

Trainwreck2100
01-21-2010, 10:18 PM
then how did u explain iverson starting.

They coudn't do both, it would have been obvious

mojorizen7
01-21-2010, 10:42 PM
:lol Allen Frickin' Iverson made the 2010 all star team as a starter :lol
Who are these fans? Allen Iverson???? M.I.A. since......???