PDA

View Full Version : Liking the direction of this team

holcs50
01-21-2010, 05:43 PM
I know were all very concerned and annoyed by the team right now but after watching the jazz game im really liking where this team could be. I don't get to watch all the games here in diego so I can't go by a game by game basis besides box scores and comments on here, and listening to the kori show-thumbs up for that-but there's a lot of things I like. I love Ghill starting along side parker-once parker can get comfortably healthy i love that duo. I also love blair next to timmy. I just don't think bogans should start unless u pull him after like 3 minutes and put in Jefferson/ginobili.

It seems like pop is getting more of a structure to his playing time and rotations which is fucking great....instead of just mish mashing all season-so fucking annoying. Hopefully it will stay hill/park/blair/dunc and then hopefully jeff or hey even mason. I really hope mcdyess gets more burn but pop might just be saving him for later cuz of age. I dont want bonner out there ever more than 10 mpg, sorry he has too many holes in his game. Hes a huge defensive liability imo. Finley idc when he comes back i guess he could eat some of mases minutes....but i hope to god pop doesnt take down ghills minutes-i think ghill is great.

Overall though if this squad is healthy going into the playoffs and jeff gets a little more comfortable then I like the our chances. And remember we got a good 40 games to go for the guys to mesh more...im optimistic for the first time in awhile

anonoftheinternets
01-21-2010, 05:52 PM
I cant watch manu + dice combo anymore, put dice back in the starting lineup. Force parker to run some pick and pop plays for him, along with pnr with TD, and iso with TD. Have ghill (if opposing PG is a superstar)/RJ (Most games) /bogans (great opposing SG) start depending on the matchup. Bench will be manu, mase, blair, bonner whoever else.

elbamba
01-21-2010, 05:54 PM
I cant watch manu + dice combo anymore, put dice back in the starting lineup. Force parker to run some pick and pop plays for him, along with pnr with TD, and iso with TD. Have ghill (if opposing PG is a superstar)/RJ (Most games) /bogans (great opposing SG) start depending on the matchup. Bench will be manu, mase, blair, bonner whoever else.

Dice is unable to catch a pass from Manu. Manu could hand him the ball and he will fumble it. I find this very disturbing. Much like Jefferson's inablility to kick an inside pass to Duncan without the other team stealing the ball.

temujin
01-21-2010, 07:10 PM
Overall though if this squad is healthy going into the playoffs and jeff gets a little more comfortable then I like the our chances. And remember we got a good 40 games to go for the guys to mesh more...im optimistic for the first time in awhile

The only place where Jefferson is confortable is on the bench.
Preferably with a beer in his hands.

Baseline
01-21-2010, 07:11 PM
Jefferson is so mentally asleep on the floor that it's frightening. Passes going straight through his hands and out of bounds, having guys step past him for layups on baseline inbounds plays, etc. Total un-Spur plays.

Early on I blamed Pop because RJ was playing scared. Now I'm not so sure. RJ is just not a heady player. Look at Manu, who sees things before they happen and creates plays on both ends without even thinking about it. RJ merely reacts to things, and so far these reactions have been extremely slow.

Ibanezsr
01-21-2010, 07:24 PM
Jefferson is so mentally asleep on the floor that it's frightening. Passes going straight through his hands and out of bounds, having guys step past him for layups on baseline inbounds plays, etc. Total un-Spur plays.

Early on I blamed Pop because RJ was playing scared. Now I'm not so sure. RJ is just not a heady player. Look at Manu, who sees things before they happen and creates plays on both ends without even thinking about it. RJ merely reacts to things, and so far these reactions have been extremely slow.

You can say that for any Spur this year the way they have been turning the ball over. How many times do we have to watch Duncan fub up an outlet pass? Or watch Parker throw a pass at a player's feet? Or watch Parker dribble it off his leg? or watch Bogans travel after a fake 3 pt shot? Or watch Dice and Manu screw up another pick and roll? Or watch Blair/Dice pick up an offensive foul while setting a screen? Or watch Pop put in some of the dumbest line ups in? Bottom line is they are all playing/coaching stupid at some point in the game. I'm not a Jefferson fan but if you are going to call him out you should be fair with the other players/coach...