PDA

View Full Version : If Pau Gasol plays like a girl the Lakers aren't winning another ring

DazedAndConfused
01-21-2010, 10:37 PM
No doubt about it. He single handedly lost the game for LA tonight with his pathetic, soft, girly play. He got used and abused all night and choked on two huge free throws.

IF this continues, LA can kiss a repeat championship good bye. They won't win.

Allanon
01-21-2010, 10:38 PM
Very forgettable game by Pau.

redzero
01-21-2010, 10:40 PM
Could have had Marc.

bostonguy
01-21-2010, 10:41 PM
It is only going to get worse when the Cavs acquire Jamison.

MiamiHeat
01-21-2010, 10:41 PM
it's just regular season

but...

Cavaliers + Shaq = 2010 champions.

Allanon
01-21-2010, 10:42 PM
Could have had Marc.

Marc is much more of a bully than Pau.

Scola
01-21-2010, 10:43 PM
Gasol has always been a soft player who avoids contact : He got rejected like 2/3 times on that play. He needs to go up strong and get the dunk or at least draw the foul. The Lakers should just stick with Kobe in the last 2 mins.

The Gemini Method
01-21-2010, 10:47 PM
I'd rather have Bynum out there if he's going to proceed to let his manhood get stepped on. Shaq made him look foolish...He needs to get a little more courage...

ezau
he's always been a girl and soft. Nothing to see here

Killakobe81
Miami Heat: But, but Pau is THE reason the Lakers won the title last year ...
BRHornet: Kobe rode Pau's coattails to a title last season ....

Look Pau has great skills but without Kobe Pau is just a great scorer good rebounder ... the soft shit he showed down the stretch is his normal nature ...Kobe and Phil just willed him to a title ....

We need Bynum down the stretch against a team with size ...

21_Blessings
01-21-2010, 10:49 PM
Pau Gasol: made in Europe

lil_penny
01-21-2010, 10:50 PM
Damn I thought lma was soft. I can only imagine the frustration gasol can give laker fans with his fairy like attributes.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-21-2010, 10:51 PM
This game is a great example of why LA would be dumb to trade Bynum for Bosh. They'd get steamrolled by Shaq if they made that trade.

bostonguy
01-21-2010, 10:52 PM
it's just regular season

but...

Cavaliers + Shaq = 2010 champions.

No.

Cavaliers+Shaq+Jamison= 2010 champs. Get it right dawg. :rolleyes

The Gemini Method
01-21-2010, 10:52 PM
Gasol for Bosh;Farmar and Ammo for Devin Harris! LOL

DAF86
01-21-2010, 10:54 PM
You won't win the championship either if Kobe needs to take 31 shots to make 31 pts.

jdev82
01-21-2010, 10:55 PM
when has Pau "Girly-Man" Gasol not been soft? when has he not choked? exactly. nothing new here. lol lakers

himat
01-21-2010, 10:55 PM
Pau Gasol let the Cavs come back when LeBron was on the bench because Shaq continually abused him.

I'll give Pau a break on getting blocked by LeBron, but missing BOTH free throws at the end there is inexcusable if that team wants to keep winning.

Killakobe81
01-21-2010, 11:08 PM
I bet Pau plays well vs. NY ...but we needed him tonight. Not tomorrow ...

baseline bum
01-21-2010, 11:09 PM
Lol 12-31

BlackSwordsMan
01-21-2010, 11:10 PM
Is this how laker fans treat their teams MVP?
jeez

The Gemini Method
01-21-2010, 11:13 PM
Hey at least Gasol has something LeBron has--a title at least for a few more months. Fuck it, I'm going to go watch Jersey Shore...

bostonguy
01-21-2010, 11:15 PM
Hey at least Gasol has something LeBron has--a title at least for a few more months. Fuck it, I'm going to go watch Jersey Shore...

Grey skies are gonna clear up, sit on a happy face. :)

BRHornet45
01-21-2010, 11:21 PM
son he also single handedly won the title for you guys last year. chill out

bostonguy
01-21-2010, 11:22 PM
son he also single handedly won the title for you guys last year. chill out

Son don't you think the wwe/nba writers want this to be the 2010 nba finals?

Capt Bringdown
01-21-2010, 11:33 PM
LOL, look up the Lakers record since Gasol joined the team. The dude had a bad game, that's it.

There's no way the Cavs are anyone else are going to beat the Lakers in a seven game series. I wish that wasn't the case, but it is.

Hey, if you Lakerfans think Gasol is such a dud, you wanna trade him for Dice?

FkLA
01-21-2010, 11:37 PM
http://heelsonhardwood.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/gasol-love1.jpg

DazedAndConfused
01-21-2010, 11:58 PM
Gasol is a soft player, but last season he at least made an effort to play like a man and it definitely made a difference. This year he seems to be back to his same soft pussy play and that is troubling.

Allanon
01-22-2010, 12:00 AM
As much as I diss on Pau; I'm glad to have him back.

Kobe will slap him around a couple of times and he'll come through for the Kobe's #5

cobbler
01-22-2010, 12:10 AM
Gasol is a soft player, but last season he at least made an effort to play like a man and it definitely made a difference. This year he seems to be back to his same soft pussy play and that is troubling.

He will be fine. He's coming off 2 injuries and its only the halfway mark. I think you will see this team along with PAU really gear up and get tough down the stretch. Lakers still have the best record in the league at this point and they have not even come close to playing to their potential while other teams like Cleveland tonight act like they won the LOB cause they beat the defending champs. So many teams would love to have those issues.

MI21
01-22-2010, 12:21 AM
Most teams will find it hard to win when one player takes 31 shots and only contributes 31 points.

ezau
01-22-2010, 12:39 AM
31 shots and 31 points? Wow, Kobe back to his ball-hogging days

BRHornet45
01-22-2010, 02:50 AM
31 shots and 31 points? Wow, Kobe back to his ball-hogging days

just another typical night for Kobe

HarlemHeat37
01-22-2010, 02:59 AM
MVPau had a bad night, it happens..he IS soft though, nothing changed..he wasn't "exposed" last year due to the extremely weak competition he went against in the frontcourt..the year before, he had poor showings against both the Celtics and Spurs..

Bynum is really soft as well, but everybody knows that..

BTW, LOL @ making Gasol the scapegoat when Kobe took 31 shots on poor efficiency..age and mileage does that though..

mystargtr34
01-22-2010, 03:00 AM
Ron Artest was the reason LeBron missed 12 shots. The other 13 he made were against other defenders. We made a good signing. - Lakerfan.

Johnny RIngo
01-22-2010, 03:04 AM
You won't win the championship either if Kobe needs to take 31 shots to make 31 pts.

Don't worry. The zebras will make sure Kobe gets plenty of FTs come playoff time.

duhoh
01-22-2010, 03:07 AM
when has Pau "Girly-Man" Gasol not been soft? when has he not choked? exactly. nothing new here. lol lakers

this.

cobbler
01-22-2010, 03:48 AM
Most teams will find it hard to win when one player takes 31 shots and only contributes 31 points.

Anubody who actually watched that game and could honestly say that Kobe was the reason the Lakers lost is either a total moron or simply a Kobe basher. Most likey a combination of both.

This game was lost due to dismal games from both Pau and Bynum along with a poor defensive effort in the paint.

You are simply another idiot sheep on the Kobe haterwagon.

mystargtr34
01-22-2010, 07:09 AM
You cant just look at raw stats when analysing a players game. When a guy (Kobe) is asked to create the majority of the offense, and has the ball in his hands as much as he does, its his responsibilty to get his team mates comfortable in the early part of the game and get them going. Kobe didnt do that tonight, and LeBron did. (And IMO that was the biggest difference between the two tonight)

Yea, Pau had a bad night, he went 5-13 and most of that is to do with him, but you cant expect someone to get in rythim and have a strong game when he is getting one touch every 7 or 8 possessions. This is how the Lakers offense went tonight. Kobe, Kobe, Kobe, Kobe, Pau, Kobe, Kobe, Kobe, Bynum, Kobe, Kobe, Pau, Kobe, Kobe, Kobe, Pau, Kobe.... Pau just didnt get the ball enough to get into any sort of rythm - and thats on Kobe.

LeBron was getting his team mates going from the get to, and then finished the game himself - something Kobe is normally good at. Even Kobe, at his matured age and stage of his career, gets caught up way too much in the mano-e-mano shit when going against top players.

Last game the Cavs won in LA, LeBron sacrificed his stats and showmanship by allowing his team mates to create some offense (Shaq and Mo) and feed of them for the betterment of the team. I expected Kobe to do that tonight - instead he comes out gunning taking 10 of the first 15 shots, and didnt allow either of Pau or Bynum to get into any sort of rythm or comfort zone.

That cost them the game tonight.

sonic21
01-22-2010, 07:30 AM
every franchise player has bad game sometimes. Laker fans are ungrateful when they criticize gasol all the time.

TheManFromAcme
01-22-2010, 07:53 AM
Props to the Cavs for playing well. Props for the Lakers for showing up and not playing like they did on Chistmas day.
All this game showed me is that these 2 can play with each other and when the Lakers are in it mentally they can compete with anyone.

This specific game could have gone either way. Pau makes those 2 FT and it's a different game. Pau stunk it up with his lack of Cajones plays but I am confident he will re-evaluate himself and see precisely what he did wrong.

The Q is not a easy place to play in and the Lakers demonstrated some great composure. Composure is key to many things in this game.

Do the Cavs have the Lakers number? I don't think so but they are definitely a different animal this year mentally that is. There's alot of emmotion on that Cavs team and after getting trounced like they did last year it's in their heads to prove otherwise and for that I respect them. You can see it in Lebrons demeanor.

Any, congrats to the Cavs on the win.
.....We shall meet again but under different circumstances. :toast

urunobili
01-22-2010, 09:03 AM
lol that was vintage Gaysol...

Marc is WAYYYYYYYY tougher than the older brother... WAAAAAAAYYYYYY tougher

mytespurs
01-22-2010, 09:07 AM
All this gnashing of teeth and wringing of hands.......geez.....it's just one game in a looong season.......as a Spurs fan, I wish I had only that to complain about......at least you'll know where your team will be in the mix at the end......:hat

mystargtr34
01-22-2010, 09:08 AM
lol that was vintage Gaysol...

Marc is WAYYYYYYYY tougher than the older brother... WAAAAAAAYYYYYY tougher

And much less athletic, and much less skilled in every single department.

Good player but.

TheManFromAcme
01-22-2010, 09:11 AM
All this gnashing of teeth and wringing of hands.......geez.....it's just one game in a looong season.......as a Spurs fan, I wish I had only that to complain about......at least you'll know where your team will be in the mix at the end......:hat

...Funny things can happen though...:toast

phyzik
01-22-2010, 09:16 AM
http://www.igooh.com/uc/in/9500.jpg

He played like he looks in this image. Super gay.

mystargtr34
01-22-2010, 09:22 AM
http://www.theonion.com/content/files/images/gasol_article_large_redo.article_large.jpg

mystargtr34
01-22-2010, 09:24 AM
http://i613.photobucket.com/albums/tt213/lolgasol/gasol-bigbird2.jpg

ambchang
01-22-2010, 09:59 AM
Gasol dictating the Lakers success like he is supposed to. No surprises here.

ChrisRichards
01-22-2010, 10:08 AM
http://i613.photobucket.com/albums/tt213/lolgasol/gasol-bigbird2.jpg
:lol

IronMexican
01-22-2010, 12:30 PM
Lakers aren't going to win a title if Kobe is putting up over 25 shots a game, either.

LOL@MavsFan
01-22-2010, 12:32 PM
Playing like a girl and his loud moans everytime he thinks he fouled under the basket is and always has been his game. Nothing new here, just not getting the calls like he seems to always get. Don't worry Laker fan, D Stern will fix that.

Spurfan
01-22-2010, 12:36 PM
Playing like a girl and his loud moans everytime he thinks he fouled under the basket is and always has been his game. Nothing new here, just not getting the calls like he seems to always get. Don't worry Laker fan, D Stern will fix that.

DazedAndConfused
01-22-2010, 01:04 PM
Last season Pau at least made the attempt to be more manly and it paid off for the team big time. Against Denver he had several key offensive put backs that sealed the series for us. We need him, LO, and Bynum to match the physicality of other teams.

IMHO that is going to be the deciding factor for LA repeating this season. Not Kobe. Not Artest. Not Fisher.

21_Blessings
01-22-2010, 02:39 PM
Lakers aren't going to win a title if Kobe is putting up over 25 shots a game, either.

They did last year. ;)

Gasol didn't show up at anytime against the Cavs the last two games. He has a tendency to disappear in big games. But I'm all for Bynum getting more shots and Kobe a few less. The Lakers should have went to him more. 5 shots in 26 minutes for Andrew when Pau was 5-14 and sucking it up?

Baseline
01-22-2010, 03:06 PM
Hey Laker fans, in a game when your star jacks up 31 shots, you can't bellyache about your big guys. And why is it that he's shooting more with a "broken" finger than less? Somehow I'm having trouble answering that question. And I'm sure his teammates are, too.

I have no idea why Bryant hasn't been strangled yet. The only thing I can figure is that his teammates bite the bullet and tolerate Bryant because it's good to be a Laker...you get all the perks, all the calls, and the benefit of every doubt in every circumstance.

The downside is that you have to bust your tail all game long while watching Bryant jack up shot after shot because he doesn't trust you as a teammate. And then get yelled at by the guy who jacked up 31 shots, yet refers to you as "my guys."

Meanwhile on the other side of the court last night, LeBron trusts Varajao (who can barely make a layup), a 90-year-old Shaquille, an 89-year-old Ilgauskas, and some kid named Hickson so much that he gets 9 assists, and this is without his #2 scorer and best shooter on the floor (Mo Williams).

You're right, Laker fans....this Bryant guy is unbelievable.

DazedAndConfused
01-22-2010, 04:02 PM
Hey Laker fans, in a game when your star jacks up 31 shots, you can't bellyache about your big guys. And why is it that he's shooting more with a "broken" finger than less? Somehow I'm having trouble answering that question. And I'm sure his teammates are, too.

I have no idea why Bryant hasn't been strangled yet. The only thing I can figure is that his teammates bite the bullet and tolerate Bryant because it's good to be a Laker...you get all the perks, all the calls, and the benefit of every doubt in every circumstance.

The downside is that you have to bust your tail all game long while watching Bryant jack up shot after shot because he doesn't trust you as a teammate. And then get yelled at by the guy who jacked up 31 shots, yet refers to you as "my guys."

Meanwhile on the other side of the court last night, LeBron trusts Varajao (who can barely make a layup), a 90-year-old Shaquille, an 89-year-old Ilgauskas, and some kid named Hickson so much that he gets 9 assists, and this is without his #2 scorer and best shooter on the floor (Mo Williams).

You're right, Laker fans....this Bryant guy is unbelievable.

Yea I really hate watching my team win championships. It's SOOO annoying.

:lmao

21_Blessings
01-22-2010, 04:04 PM
Spurs haven't sniffed a championship in 3 years. Their fanbase must have forgotten how annoying winning use to be.

Thunder Dan
01-22-2010, 04:05 PM
the Lakers are just soft both physically and mentally. They won't even make it past Denver this year. They have no bench other than Odom. They bring in a bunch of non factors off the bench

21_Blessings
01-22-2010, 04:08 PM
the Lakers are just soft both physically and mentally. They won't even make it past Denver this year. They have no bench other than Odom. They bring in a bunch of non factors off the bench

This is why I wanted the Lakers to lose the game against Cleveland.

It will end just like last season for them with this attitude. Enjoy that regular season championship, Cleveland.

Thunder Dan
01-22-2010, 04:11 PM
Lakers better hope a soft team like Orlando wins the east and the Nuggets get knocked out. That is the only way they win

21_Blessings
01-22-2010, 04:12 PM
The same soft team that shit all over the Cavs in the ECF. Yup.

DazedAndConfused
01-22-2010, 04:13 PM

Enjoy that regular season championship! It got you SO far last season!

LOL Orlando 4-1 BEATDOWN

Thunder Dan
01-22-2010, 04:21 PM
Enjoy that regular season championship! It got you SO far last season!

LOL Orlando 4-1 BEATDOWN

that was last year, this is 2010. Cavs are 2-0 vs the soft, weak, Lakers

Thunder Dan
01-22-2010, 04:22 PM
The same soft team that shit all over the Cavs in the ECF. Yup.

they shot 25 threes a game to beat us. That is what the Lakers need because Pau and Bynum are pussies and can't handle tough teams like Denver, Cleveland and Boston

21_Blessings
01-22-2010, 04:24 PM
:sleep

Is it even May yet? Oh snap, January you say?

DazedAndConfused
01-22-2010, 04:35 PM
they shot 25 threes a game to beat us. That is what the Lakers need because Pau and Bynum are pussies and can't handle tough teams like Denver, Cleveland and Boston

But, but, but.....THIS YEAR WILL BE DIFFERENT!!!

:lmao hopeless Cleveland fan. When will you realize the fact that your teams are forever cursed? This is common knowledge.

diego
01-22-2010, 04:46 PM
just 6 days ago, same OP:

Such a relief to have Pau back
He just makes this triangle offense work to perfection for the Lakers.

:toast

I'm feeling a little better about this upcoming roadie now that he's back.

same thread, same dumb ass, next day:

Couldn't agree more.

Without Gasol the Lakers are still a top team in the WC. But they aren't that much better than any of the other top teams in the WC.

With Gasol, they are just on another level.

:rollin

way to back your guys, kob-errr, laker fans!

TheManFromAcme
01-22-2010, 04:58 PM
Way to early guys, way to early.

Premature final analysis for any of our respective teams. Much can happen between now and June.

Obstructed_View
01-22-2010, 05:00 PM
No doubt about it. He single handedly lost the game for LA tonight with his pathetic, soft, girly play. He got used and abused all night and choked on two huge free throws.

IF this continues, LA can kiss a repeat championship good bye. They won't win.

Yeah, he's clearly their best player.

OceaNus
01-22-2010, 05:03 PM
that was last year, this is 2010. Cavs are 2-0 vs the soft, weak, Lakers

So was Orlando son.
:hat

21_Blessings
01-22-2010, 05:04 PM
Regular season victory smack! Cleveland fans taking notes from Spurs fans lately.

Ghazi
01-22-2010, 05:32 PM
So what's the deal with Kobe's fingers can they heal even without him taking time off? He is shooting below 40% for the month of January, due to the fingers... if they're not gonna heal and he's not gonna rest isn't this a huge problem for the Lakers?