PDA

View Full Version : Good Lord

SnakeBoy
01-22-2010, 12:23 AM
Can Obama really be this naive?

"The Middle East peace process has not moved forward and I think it's fair to say, for all our efforts at early engagement, [it] is not where I want it to be," he told Time magazine. "This is just really hard … This is as intractable a problem as you get. If we had anticipated some of these political problems on both sides earlier, we might not have raised expectations as high."
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/jan/22/obama-middle-east-israel-palestinians-settlements

TheProfessor
01-22-2010, 12:32 AM
Sadly, this is becoming a motif for the Obama administration.

coyotes_geek
01-22-2010, 12:57 AM
Huh. Peace in the middle east is hard. Who'd have thunk that?

Nbadan
01-22-2010, 01:28 AM
At least he's trying early in his term and not near the end to save face like.....(cough) Bush (cough)...

SnakeBoy
01-22-2010, 01:40 AM
At least he's trying early in his term and not near the end to save face like.....(cough) Bush (cough)...

:lmao Your Funny Dan.

Nbadan
01-22-2010, 01:47 AM
I think the real implication is that getting both sides to the bargaining table is more difficult that anyone could have imagined..and not just because of international politics, but because of political pressure on the Israeli and Palestinian leadership from groups in their own governments refusing to make any concessions on the other side...Obama is using statesman-ship to say, the U.S. is doing what it can, but neither side seems willing to negotiate in good faith yet...

SnakeBoy
01-22-2010, 01:54 AM
I think the real implication is that getting both sides to the bargaining table is more difficult that anyone could have imagined..and not just because of international politics, but because of political pressure on the Israeli and Palestinian leadership from groups in their own governments refusing to make any concessions on the other side...Obama is using statesman-ship to say, the U.S. is doing what it can, but neither side seems willing to negotiate in good faith yet...

Ahhh, all very good points. Also...Duh!

coyotes_geek
01-22-2010, 07:32 AM

I wonder what Bush might have been dealing with early in his term that might have distracted him from pursuing some peace process in the middle east................

jack sommerset
01-22-2010, 12:20 PM
:lmao Your Funny Dan.

I love peeps like Dan.