PDA

View Full Version : E-N: Manu is in driver's seat, while Danica can't miss

duncan228
01-22-2010, 02:24 AM
http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x282/duncan228/lead/lead0001.jpg
Indy Racing League driver Danica Patrick and Manu Ginobili compete in a racing video game during the Time Warner Cable “Life in the Fast Lane” 4G mobile network kickoff event.

Manu is in driver's seat, while Danica can't miss (http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/spurs/Manu_is_in_drivers_seat_while_Danica_cant_miss.htm l)
By Jay Nanda - Express-News

As someone who makes driving at more than 200 mph look routine, nothing would appear to faze Danica Patrick.

But Thursday night at Sunset Station, the Indy Racing League and NASCAR Nationwide Series driver met her match in Spurs guard Manu Ginobili. On a simulator, at least.

She doesn't play video games.

“I think you have a good chance of beating me in the racing game, actually,” Patrick told Ginobili.

“You think so?” Ginobili responded.

“Yeah, I do,” Patrick said. “I don't know what that says about my driving, which is why I'm scared to do driving games because people will judge me based on the driving.”

Patrick and the Alamo City's favorite Time Warner customer helped the cable company launch its new mobile network before roughly 500 autograph-seeking fans, media and local officials.

She got a measure of revenge by defeating Ginobili 23-14 in a game of Super Shot. But Spurs fans shouldn't worry about the two switching roles, even after Patrick playfully accused Ginobili of letting her win.

“No, I swear,” Ginobili said, tossing up his hands.

Patrick, 27, became the first woman to win an IndyCar race at the 2008 Indy Japan 300. She finished fourth in the 2005 Indy 500 as a rookie, the highest finish there for a woman until she placed third at Indianapolis last year.

“Obviously, the ultimate goal is to put on a good show out there racing,” Patrick said, “and sometimes I do that.”

The feisty Patrick, who has been known to get into pit-road confrontations with some of her male peers, may be more famous off the track. The Phoenix resident and Illinois native has modeled for Sports Illustrated's Swimsuit Issue and appeared in GoDaddy.com's Super Bowl ad last year.

On Feb. 6, she is slated to make her ARCA circuit debut at Daytona International Speedway. Also next month, her latest GoDaddy.com ad will debut during Super Bowl XLIV, she will appear in an episode of “CSI: New York,” and she will take part in her first Nationwide Series race in Fontana, Calif.

“It's taken me a long time to get used to the schedule,” Patrick said of her whirlwind life. “I have a really great team of people around me with agents and assistants and lawyers, family, my husband. Everybody has their part and their role in my life.”

Ginobili, meanwhile, admitted he isn't much of a racing fan but added that he wouldn't mind becoming one.

“I'm new on this,” he said. “Sadly, we don't have a lot of Indy or NASCAR or stuff like that (in Argentina), so I'm willing to start learning a little bit more now. I'm not really good with cars.”

Slideshow

Danica Patrick, Manu Ginobili launch 4G

http://www.mysanantonio.com/slideshows/Danica_Patrick_and_Manu_Ginobili.html?c=n#1

ffadicted
01-22-2010, 09:00 AM
Manu you are such a pimp :smokin