PDA

View Full Version : The NBA should ban long road trips like the Rodeo Trip

rascal
01-22-2010, 12:33 PM
The NBA should do something to ban all long road trips because it makes the schedule unbalanced and favors the team on the long road trip. It is an advantage to the Spurs schedule to go on the Rodeo trip. The Spurs have historically done well during the so called dreaded Rodeo Trip and there are reasons for that.

The long road trip gives the spurs a schedule advantage. The spurs usually bond together as a team and get used to all the road games in a row. Also the All Star Break breaks up the Rodeo trip so the team is not on the road the entire time. It also is an advantage for the spurs to have lots of long home stands/games during the last few weeks of the season while other teams are still on the grind traveling back and forth from home games to back on road games.

The uneven schedule should not be allowed and the NBA should have said no to the spurs along time ago. The rodeo needs to find another time or place or the spurs should have to play their home games during the rodeo elsewhere, like the Alamodome.

Flux451
01-22-2010, 12:39 PM
Let me ask you this before I proceed with cynicism.

Do you know why the Spurs take the Rodeo Road Trip?

rascal
01-22-2010, 12:41 PM
The Stock Show and Rodeo uses the Arena

Trimble87
01-22-2010, 12:42 PM
is this a joke?

Sausage
01-22-2010, 12:43 PM
lol

LoneStarState'sPride
01-22-2010, 12:44 PM
Wow, that post made absolutely no sense.

bobby4germany
01-22-2010, 12:49 PM
WTF??? Let me get this straight... You are saying the RRT helps the spurs so it should be banned? Why would you not want the spurs to have an advantage?

easy7
01-22-2010, 12:50 PM
You are a Spurs fan and you don't like it that it benefits the Spurs? Mike Taylor, is that you? Just saying...
Mike Taylor said yesterday that we need to trade Manu, why? To get something for him. His argument was that if Manu gets hurt the Spurs are screwed. Last year Manu was hurt so the Spurs were screwed. In other words - no Manu and the Spurs are screwed. So how is trading Manu solving the problem? :lmao

it's me
01-22-2010, 12:56 PM

Bro, somebody hacked your account and is blatantly talking nonsense…

anonoftheinternets
01-22-2010, 12:57 PM
You are a Spurs fan and you don't like it that it benefits the Spurs? Mike Taylor, is that you? Just saying...
Mike Taylor said yesterday that we need to trade Manu, why? To get something for him. His argument was that if Manu gets hurt the Spurs are screwed. Last year Manu was hurt so the Spurs were screwed? In other words no Manu and the Spurs are screwed, so how is trading Manu solving the problem... :lmao

lol ...

EricB
01-22-2010, 01:53 PM
Without the rodeo the spurs wouldn't even be in SA anymore.
So u go to the alamodome, fine, how do you seat season ticketholders from the arena?

:lol

typical rascal fail

jb4g
01-22-2010, 02:03 PM
"In November 1999, Bexar County voters overwhelmingly approved a partnership between the Spurs, Bexar County, the San Antonio Stock Show & Rodeo and the Coliseum Advisory Board to build a Bexar County-owned community arena that would serve as the new home for the Spurs and the Stock Show & Rodeo.
The $175 million facility was financed through a $28.5 million contribution from the Spurs and $146.5 million from the County, paid for by an increase in the local hotel occupancy tax and short-term motor vehicle rental tax, collectively referred to as the “visitor tax.” The Spurs and the San Antonio Stock Show & Rodeo together designed the AT&T Center to be a state-of-the art facility, capable of hosting championship sporting events, rodeo and other first-rate entertainment. The Spurs and the Stock Show & Rodeo agreed to 25-year lease agreements with the Coliseum Advisory Board, which serves as the facility’s landlord."

you are gonna have to just deal with the rodeo for another 17-18 years...sorry

EricB
01-22-2010, 02:05 PM
Uh the rodeo will be there as long as it's in it's existence. Period.

xellos88330
01-22-2010, 02:06 PM
I could care less about the long road schedule. The rodeo is great fun too ya know.

TampaDude
01-22-2010, 05:30 PM
The RRT is part of being a Spurs fan...we love it!!!

dbestpro
01-22-2010, 05:34 PM
Two choices for the Spurs if such a band would occur. Play games in the Alamodome or leave San Antonio.

Whisky Dog
01-22-2010, 05:37 PM
Lol rascal strikes and misses again

ChumpDumper
01-22-2010, 06:08 PM
rascal simply doesn't want the Spurs to do well. Makes him feel good.

Behrooz24
01-22-2010, 06:21 PM
rascLOL

Rick Von Braun
01-22-2010, 10:51 PM
rascal simply doesn't want the Spurs to do well. Makes him feel good.

:lol

I don't get Rascal's angle over the years. I have had serious difference of opinions with GW, but at least he made me laugh. Rascal on the other hand...

I think you are absolutely right, he is the most active when the Spurs are doing bad. It is just his thing.

it's me
01-22-2010, 11:21 PM
...and...... this idiot wants to ban the RRT, that's our only chance to at least try to play at least decent BB.

jimo2305
01-23-2010, 03:23 AM
has anyone thought of renaming the thread to the bash rascal thread? lol..

Allanon
01-23-2010, 04:27 PM
The RRT is actually the easy part of the road schedule.

I'ts the March/April road schedule that is aweful...15 road games with 12 versus Playoff teams. And 7 B2B's?

I don't ever remember a closing 1.5 months as hard as this one....makes the RRT look like a cakewalk in comparison.

angelbelow
01-23-2010, 04:56 PM
When is the Rodeo trip this year?

Allanon
01-23-2010, 05:00 PM
When is the Rodeo trip this year?

4 home games and then the first game of the trip on the 3rd of next month.

timvp
01-25-2010, 03:20 PM
This might be the worst thread in the history of SpursTalk.

sananspursfan21
01-25-2010, 04:32 PM
no, how bout the road trip stays

eyeh8u
01-25-2010, 10:18 PM
This might be the worst thread in the history of SpursTalk.

can i get a spur if i make a worse one

smeagol
02-09-2010, 09:21 PM
The NBA should do something to ban all long road trips because it makes the schedule unbalanced and favors the team on the long road trip. It is an advantage to the Spurs schedule to go on the Rodeo trip. The Spurs have historically done well during the so called dreaded Rodeo Trip and there are reasons for that.

The long road trip gives the spurs a schedule advantage. The spurs usually bond together as a team and get used to all the road games in a row. Also the All Star Break breaks up the Rodeo trip so the team is not on the road the entire time. It also is an advantage for the spurs to have lots of long home stands/games during the last few weeks of the season while other teams are still on the grind traveling back and forth from home games to back on road games.

The uneven schedule should not be allowed and the NBA should have said no to the spurs along time ago. The rodeo needs to find another time or place or the spurs should have to play their home games during the rodeo elsewhere, like the Alamodome.

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

How the fuck did I miss this gem?

Damn, this is the confirmation of what i've been saying since 2004. rascal is not a Spurs fan. As RVB said, the fucker is the happiest when the Spurs suck. He must have a boner the size of Yao Ming, with the Spurs sucking so badly . . .