PDA

View Full Version : Why?

Obstructed_View
04-27-2005, 09:21 PM
Why do they switch away from the Spurs game so that we can watch them sit on the sidelines and give David Stern a handjob? They've been ther for five fucking minutes and I haven't seen any basketball?

Leetonidas
04-27-2005, 09:22 PM
Switch to Fox Sports SW

Rummpd
04-27-2005, 10:05 PM
For those of us in other cities this was obnoxious they did not even show other game, just Fred Carter and his mate physically and verbally stroking Stern.

Wrong and inane.

RobinsontoDuncan
04-27-2005, 10:07 PM
At least you get to hear the game in English, I have cox digital, and the games are always in Spanish no matter what i do. The shows on TNT are never spanish, just the baketball games

mookie2001
04-27-2005, 10:08 PM
For those of us in other cities
got that straight
that was the lamest shit ive ever seen on television

Rummpd
04-27-2005, 10:50 PM
Agreed, it was sucking up to Stern. I have lost the little respect I had for one Fred Carter period.

KewlKat00
04-27-2005, 11:14 PM
i was mad when they took the utah game off of espn on april 13th. i was mad when they took the minnesota game off of espn on april 20th. but this was just wrong. they didn't even have the score up there for a long time. don't punish me even more just because i live in la and rely on national tv games.

ladiesman
04-27-2005, 11:19 PM
Fred Carter is still on TV? DAMN.... I think I need to apply to NBATV.....

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-27-2005, 11:20 PM
You know what sucks? Is that somewhere at NBA HQ they were on the phone telling TNT to cut to that game, just in time for Stern to give his little PR bullshit speech.

That's bullshit.

PM5K
04-27-2005, 11:21 PM
It really doesn't make any sense. If I tune into a channel you can assume I tuned it to watch what's on, you don't put something else on.

Imagine you tune into watch a tv show and part way through they put on another show, how does that make any sense?

I as many others likely did changed it to twenty-six....

infinite styles
04-27-2005, 11:22 PM
I was watching it on foxsports so may I ask what exactly happened?

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-27-2005, 11:28 PM
When the Spurs were up 30 with about 7 minutes to go in the fourth, TNT was like "we're gonna give you bonus coverage of the Bulls game."

They cut to the game, and about 10 seconds later the little poser analysts (Fred Carter and the other escapes me) start talking to David Stern about the NBA and the future of the game and all this other bullshit. No basketball is being played, it's a timeout in that game, and Stern's blabbering away.

Meanwhile, the Spurs and Denver are still back playing in the SBC. After several minutes of Stern yapping, then finally Ernie on TNT comes back in and says "we're gonna go back to the Spurs game now."

But it was total BS. No Spurs. Hell, no basketball. Just four eyes rambling about the game like some kind of NBA informercial.

milkyway21
04-27-2005, 11:40 PM
what else is new?

i checked everywhere, CNNSi has Spurs in the headlines, Fox, too. but ESPN?

well, the Spurs' game result was below the big picture of Steve Nash when Memphis game is still playing. You need a microscope to see the title. :cry

Damn, ESPN doesn't respect this team.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-27-2005, 11:43 PM
Dude, the game was on TNT.

mookie2001
04-27-2005, 11:46 PM
TNT fucking blows
i mean the whole network is 10 law and orders a day, a shitty ashley judd movie and then the worst basketball coverage you can imagine

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-27-2005, 11:48 PM
TNT has the best studio crew in the NBA.

I think the truth lies in the NBA having their demands in the ear of the TNT producers on that one, it was too perfectly timed.

Obstructed_View
04-30-2005, 12:12 PM
TNT has the best studio crew in the NBA.

I think the truth lies in the NBA having their demands in the ear of the TNT producers on that one, it was too perfectly timed.
I don't normally agree with your conspiracy theories, but I think you are probably right on this one. I kept waiting for basketball to come on so I wasn't paying attention to anything he was saying.

twincam
04-30-2005, 12:15 PM
David Stern is the leagues most hated man...
He is one crooked bastard