PDA

View Full Version : kevin martin to dallas?

stretch
01-22-2010, 02:37 PM
my bro just called me and said on the ticket that mark stein is reporting that the mavs and kings are working on a trade to bring martin to dallas, and that howard is likely involved

:wow

anyone else heard anything on this?

mavs>spurs2
01-22-2010, 02:38 PM
hi phillip

Reeko_Htown
01-22-2010, 02:40 PM
can they acquire toughness because they will still be soft.

dirk4mvp
01-22-2010, 02:40 PM
my bro just called me and said on the ticket that mark stein is reporting that the mavs and kings are working on a trade to bring martin to dallas, and that howard is likely involved

:wow

anyone else heard anything on this?

Did mono really say that?

hater
01-22-2010, 02:41 PM
good move for Dallas but the "Jet" will not be happy

Findog
01-22-2010, 02:43 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/mavericks/post/_/id/4665036/mavs-register-interest-in-kings-martin

He wrote an article for ESPN that says Dallas wants to talk but Sacto is not ready to deal him yet.

TimDunkem
01-22-2010, 02:46 PM
This same rumor has been floating around for awhile. Dallas, realistically seems like one of the better suitors for Martin. I wouldn't be surprised to see it happen, especially after the way Sac has been playing without him.

stretch
01-22-2010, 02:47 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/mavericks/post/_/id/4665036/mavs-register-interest-in-kings-martin

He wrote an article for ESPN that says Dallas wants to talk but Sacto is not ready to deal him yet.

i have an odd feeling that it will be done by the trade deadline

Findog
01-22-2010, 02:48 PM
i have an odd feeling that it will be done by the trade deadline

Who knows. Pointless speculation for now.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
I'm surprised anyone is trading for Kevin Martin.

21_Blessings
That trade doesn't make any sense whatsoever for Sacramento.

Shastafarian
01-22-2010, 02:50 PM
I'm surprised anyone is trading for Kevin Martin.

This. He's pretty injury prone. He almost killed my fantasy team last year.

Findog
01-22-2010, 02:51 PM
That trade doesn't make any sense whatsoever for Sacramento.

In theory, they get rid of two longer contacts in Martin and Nocioni. They get rid of AN's contract and a guy in Martin that they no longer need with Evans and who doesn't play well with Evans. Gooden is a FA this summer and Howard has a team option for next year.

DPG21920
01-22-2010, 02:51 PM
Makes sense and I think I even said this a while ago. That would be a very smart trade for Dallas. Howard has two problems: He is not playing well and he is playing out of position.

This trade gives them someone who fits and could thrive with Kidd and he would be playing the proper position.

Very good move for Sacto because they have Evans and Howard gives them a player that can still help this year. He expires next year and it would save Sacto 10+M and they can be a big time player in FA to get something that suits their needs. They will only have 30M on the books if this happens. It would provide an opp. for better balance for both teams.

Will Hunting
01-22-2010, 02:53 PM
hi phillip

Hi timvp.

endrity
01-22-2010, 03:00 PM
I am not a big fan of Martin to be honest. He is injury prone, an above average offensive player, a horrible defensive player and with Barea and Jet we need fewer not more of the kind, and someone that contributes very little in rebounding, assisting, ballhandling. I know Josh has run his course in Dallas, but the Mavs need someone a bit different. Now if somehow we get Martin for Barea and other scrubs, yes I am all for it, but I don't think we gain too much if anything by giving up Howard for him. Butler, Iggy, those are the players the Mavs should be targeting.

dirk4mvp's ex
01-22-2010, 03:01 PM
nice usage of my screen name son, any chance of me getting it back when you're done playing, timvp? M>S is a longterm member and deserves a proper retirement

21_Blessings
01-22-2010, 03:01 PM
In theory, they get rid of two longer contacts in Martin and Nocioni.

Oh I didn't read the Nocioni part of the trade.

They get rid of AN's contract and a guy in Martin that they no longer need with Evans and who doesn't play well with Evans. Gooden is a FA this summer and Howard has a team option for next year.

The Evans/Martin talking point not playing well together hasn't been proven. Basically a gross exaggeration by the media at this point.

Trading for Jho still doesn't make sense though. Sac doesn't want another weed smoker on their team living in California. They just went through that with Miller. They don't need another SF either.

mavs>spurs2
01-22-2010, 03:02 PM
Hi timvp.

timvp is a faggot brah :lol

dirk4mvp's ex
01-22-2010, 03:02 PM
timvp is a faggot brah :lol

your impersonating skills need working on :lol, but you get an A+ just for the idea alone

baseline bum
01-22-2010, 03:03 PM
If I'm Sacramento, I'd also try to include Udrih's deal and get Beaubois back.

DPG21920
01-22-2010, 03:03 PM
Oh I didn't read the Nocioni part of the trade.

The Evans/Martin talking point not playing well together hasn't been proven. Basically a gross exaggeration by the media at this point.

Trading for Jho still doesn't make sense though. Sac doesn't want another weed smoker on their team living in California. They just went through that with Miller. They don't need another SF either.

It has nothing to do with "need". What they need is cap space and even if Martin+Evan could work, it would be better to have balance. They can get a big time PF or C and that would be much better. It is about cap space.

Even if it was just J-Ho for Martin, that would save the Kings 10M and put them at 30M payroll.

DPG21920
01-22-2010, 03:05 PM
I am not a big fan of Martin to be honest. He is injury prone, an above average offensive player, a horrible defensive player and with Barea and Jet we need fewer not more of the kind, and someone that contributes very little in rebounding, assisting, ballhandling. I know Josh has run his course in Dallas, but the Mavs need someone a bit different. Now if somehow we get Martin for Barea and other scrubs, yes I am all for it, but I don't think we gain too much if anything by giving up Howard for him. Butler, Iggy, those are the players the Mavs should be targeting.

Dude, when healthy Martin does a lot more than you say. He gets to the FT line at an insane pace and makes them at a great clip. He can also create for himself better than you are leading on.

dirk4mvp's ex
01-22-2010, 03:06 PM
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 18 (13 members and 5 guests)
dirk4mvp's ex, dirk4mvp, Sense, endrity, stretch, 21_Blessings, sonic21, lil_penny, Findog, Gino2882, Shastafarian, BacktoBasics, The Franchise

hey cutie! :makeout

Sense
He was with Dallas on the My Player mode of my NBA2k10 game...

badfish22
good move for Dallas but the "Jet" will not be happy

the "Jet" can suck a turtles dick

DPG21920
01-22-2010, 03:07 PM
the "Jet" can suck a turtles dick

Self fellatio?

21_Blessings
01-22-2010, 03:08 PM
Oh didn't realize Jho was a team option next season.

Even then, Sac is only going to get table scraps this summer. If they just dump Nocioni they'll still be around 30-35m with Martin. And Martin's contract could be valuable in facilitating a trade this off-season if they end up not wanting to keep him.

It's in Sac's best interest to tank right now anyways.

endrity
01-22-2010, 03:09 PM
And is incredibly inconsistent at that, following 30pt games with games in single digits. He is a talented offensive player, no doubt. Most likely better offensively than Howard ever was, is, or might be in the future. But Howard is a very good rebounder for his position, still. This year he is also trying to play the defense that made him earn playing time to begin with. I am not a big fan of him or Barea or Jet, but I don't think swapping Josh for Kevin is much of an upgrade.

DPG21920
01-22-2010, 03:09 PM
I think with the way they have played and the talent they have, they could get a few good pieces via FA with that cap space and probably some talent back.

stretch
01-22-2010, 03:10 PM
And is incredibly inconsistent at that, following 30pt games with games in single digits. He is a talented offensive player, no doubt. Most likely better offensively than Howard ever was, is, or might be in the future. But Howard is a very good rebounder for his position, still. This year he is also trying to play the defense that made him earn playing time to begin with. I am not a big fan of him or Barea or Jet, but I don't think swapping Josh for Kevin is much of an upgrade.

keep in mind that he would be playing 2nd fiddle to dirk

im sure martin would have a much easier time getting better shots off. plus hes a very good shooter, which is definitely a need of this team

DPG21920
01-22-2010, 03:10 PM
If J-ho were playing like old J-ho and in the proper position, then maybe. But that is not the case. The Mavs have Kidd who can defend, Dampier and Marion. They need that scoring threat and balance imo.

badfish22
01-22-2010, 03:13 PM
I would rather have Iggy, but Martin would still be a good fit here. Sacremento is still saying they have no interest in trading Martin though.

5in10
01-22-2010, 03:13 PM
If I'm Sacramento, I'd also try to include Udrih's deal and get Beaubois back.

him or the rights to calathes or whatever his name is.

badfish22
01-22-2010, 03:21 PM
http://rototimes.com/nba/news.php?tqid=1222&type=news&nid=49676
Mavs looking to unload Howard:

The Mavericks are dangling Josh Howard as trade bait, according to ESPN.
Our View: Injury prone and often in trouble off-the-court, it's not surprising that the Mavs would want to unload Howard. Of course, those are the same reasons many teams might not want to acquire him. Regardless, Dallas' three top targets appear to be Kevin Martin, Andre Iguodala and Caron Butler. Stay tuned

:king We are looking into the three players I want to get most. Now the question is is Donnie able to pull a trade off?

dirk4mvp
01-22-2010, 03:22 PM
If Iggy is available, forget Martin.

DPG21920
01-22-2010, 03:31 PM
I cannot see them shopping Iggy. Makes no sense. I think it would be between Caron and Martin and if it is, I take Caron if I am the Mavs.

Much better contract and could bring a toughness and skill the Mavs need.

dirk4mvp
01-22-2010, 03:32 PM
I cannot see them shopping Iggy. Makes no sense. I think it would be between Caron and Martin and if it is, I take Caron if I am the Mavs.

Much better contract and could bring a toughness and skill the Mavs need.

More like you don't want to see the Mavs get a player the caliber of Iggy, amirite?

DPG21920
01-22-2010, 03:34 PM
No, explain to me why they would be shopping him? The only reason people are saying that is because they want to get rid of Dalembert or Brand and nobody thinks they can unless they package them with Iggy.

The situation for Caron and Martin being traded makes sense. It does not for Iggy. I would not want to see the Mavs get any of those 3, even though Josh kills the Spurs.

Will Hunting
01-22-2010, 03:35 PM
No, explain to me why they would be shopping him? The only reason people are saying that is because they want to get rid of Dalembert or Brand and nobody thinks they can unless they package them with Iggy.

The situation for Caron and Martin being traded makes sense. It does not for Iggy. I would not want to see the Mavs get any of those 3, even though Josh kills the Spurs.

Supposedly Philly fans hate Iggy and want him gone ASAP.

DPG21920
01-22-2010, 03:38 PM
Supposedly Philly fans hate Iggy and want him gone ASAP.

Well, we all know that fans don't run front offices :lol Or else there would be a lot more lateral moves.

Will Hunting
01-22-2010, 03:39 PM
Well, we all know that fans don't run front offices :lol Or else there would be a lot more lateral moves.

Yeah but the 76ers are dead last in attendance and supposedly that has a lot to do with Iggy.

Findog
01-22-2010, 03:42 PM
The Sixers aren't going to get rid of Iggy because "the fans hate him."

21_Blessings
01-22-2010, 03:43 PM

Iggy has been surrounded by trade rumours for a few years. They gave him Joe Johnson money when he's really a 2nd/3rd option. Hard to rebuild around a contract like that. Dalembert's contract expires in two seasons and Brand is untradeable.

Will Hunting
01-22-2010, 03:44 PM
The Sixers aren't going to get rid of Iggy because "the fans hate him."

They will if they're last in attendance because of Iggy. Memphis traded Gasol largely cause they had season ticket holders threatening to not renew if they kept gasol.

stretch
01-22-2010, 03:54 PM
I think at this point in time, Caron might actually be the best fit. He is already used to playing 2nd/3rd fiddle, so there wouldn't be as much of a transition process. better shooter too.

bad thing is, hes 4 years older than iggy.

21_Blessings
01-22-2010, 03:57 PM
Iggy would be perfect for Dallas. His defense on Kobe is respectable. I think they even work out together in the off-season or have previously.

Will Hunting
01-22-2010, 03:58 PM
Yeah agreed with 21 Iggy is the best fit

djohn2oo8
01-22-2010, 03:58 PM
They will if they're last in attendance because of Iggy. Memphis traded Gasol largely cause they had season ticket holders threatening to not renew if they kept gasol.

Yeah, that's why :rolleyes

DPG21920
01-22-2010, 04:00 PM
Definitely Iggy is the best fit, but that is not realistic imo. It is between Caron and Martin. I pick Caron because he is tough, can score and has a better contract.

21_Blessings
01-22-2010, 04:00 PM

Actually, this is why.

http://top-people.starmedia.com/tmp/swotti/cacheBWFYYYBNYXNVBA==UGVVCGXLLVBLB3BSZQ==/imgMarc%20Gasol2.jpg

Will Hunting
01-22-2010, 04:02 PM

it actually is why you dumb fuck.

dirk4mvp
01-22-2010, 04:03 PM
I'll pass on Martin. Besides his 2nd and 3rd year his FG% sucks. The Mavs don't need another chucker. He's also injury prone. No thanks.

Lukor
01-22-2010, 04:07 PM
you guys act like Dallas can just pick cherries. They'll be lucky to get anyone for Jho before the trade deadline, much less be able to choose from Iggy,Martin or Butler....

Rogue
01-22-2010, 04:10 PM
I'd rather they had taken the Jho for Ellis trade Golden State proposed a while back than either Martin or Butler tbh.

21_Blessings
01-22-2010, 04:15 PM
you guys act like Dallas can just pick cherries. They'll be lucky to get anyone for Jho before the trade deadline, much less be able to choose from Iggy,Martin or Butler....

Well they can sort of. Cuban is will to take on extremely shitty, long-term guaranteed contracts.

Why is this a big deal? Because the CBA is being re-negotiated and guaranteed contracts will be overhauled with many different opt out options on the team's part. That's why Jho's contract has more value than him as a player at this point.

Shank
01-22-2010, 04:18 PM
Yeah, let's pass on Martin to keep Josh Howard. He's so fucking amazing.

hater
01-22-2010, 04:19 PM
funny thing is, in the middle of all this mavs speculation and rumors, the Spurs will probably beat them at the first big trade

Lukor
01-22-2010, 04:20 PM
funny thing is, in the middle of all this mavs speculation and rumors, the Spurs will probably beat them at the first big trade

Like trading for RJ? Man that was a brilliant move,the guy is tearing it up in SA.

Findog
01-22-2010, 04:22 PM
What assets do the Spurs have to make a big splash before the deadline? They blew their wad on Dick for $14 million a year.

hater
01-22-2010, 04:23 PM
Like trading for RJ? Man that was a brilliant move,the guy is tearing it up in SA.

sometimes trades work, and sometimes they don't. Still point is Mavs office is a bunch of amateurs compared to Spurs office. See Marcin A. Gortat.

hater
01-22-2010, 04:25 PM
What assets do the Spurs have to make a big splash before the deadline? They blew their wad on Dick for $14 million a year.

be patient. watch, and learn.

21_Blessings

No one wants Parker or Manu's corpse else they would. :lol

badfish22

Wow it took spurfan three whole pages to come in and randomly say "But the Spurs are better!"

hater
01-22-2010, 04:26 PM
Wow it took spurfan three whole pages to come in and randomly say "But the Spurs are better!"

wrong. I didn't read the 1st 2 pages.

BTW, Mavs would beat Spurs in the playoffs as of right now. :toast

Shank
01-22-2010, 04:29 PM

Bonner+Finley+Mason for LeBron.

Findog
sometimes trades work, and sometimes they don't. Still point is Mavs office is a bunch of amateurs compared to Spurs office. See Marcin A. Gortat.

Yeah, the Mavs really goofed on that one. They gave him the full MLE for 5 years, which would've been a bargain for Dallas. Orlando is paying $11 million a year for him to sit on the bench.

Findog

Seriously...what do the Spurs have that they're willing to part with and other teams would want?

Lukor
01-22-2010, 04:30 PM
the SA front office has possibly been the best of the last decade(only the Gasol deal is clearly superior to what theyve done) but i think they missevaluated RJ. For 14$ a year he's a bust so far.

21_Blessings
01-22-2010, 04:30 PM
Scola :lol

Findog
01-22-2010, 04:31 PM

I forgot about that one. :lol

All hail CIA Pop and R.C. Buford.

hater
01-22-2010, 04:32 PM
Seriously...what do the Spurs have that they're willing to part with and other teams would want?

I'm not saying Spurs will get an allstar. IMO they will get a good role player that will make them better. And they will do it quietly, they already making the space for it.

On Gortat, truth is, Mavs wanted him bad and failed miserably at getting him. plain and simple.

spursncowboys
01-22-2010, 04:33 PM
Kevin Martin is a great player and put in the right situation can become a premier like Rip Hamilton did.

hater
01-22-2010, 04:35 PM

starting PG Smush Parker
kwame brown
sladislav medvedenko
chris mihm
adam morrison
black hole devean george
brian cook
,etc,etc,etc

:lmao

Will Hunting
01-22-2010, 04:39 PM
starting PG Smush Parker
kwame brown
sladislav medvedenko
chris mihm
adam morrison
black hole devean george
brian cook
,etc,etc,etc

:lmao

Matt Boner
Beno "the emo" Udrih
Rasho

Shank
01-22-2010, 04:40 PM

You mean you don't know? Why won't Hater bring up the Holy Trinity of All Trade Chips?

Findog
01-22-2010, 04:42 PM
On Gortat, truth is, Mavs wanted him bad and failed miserably at getting him. plain and simple.

He was a Restricted FA. They had a backup (Gooden) in case they didn't get him. They couldn't count on getting him and they didn't.

hater
01-22-2010, 04:45 PM
Matt Boner
Beno "the emo" Udrih
Rasho

Mikki Moore
Vitaly Potapenko
Tom Gugliota
Gary Payton
Rian Scalabrine
Wally Zcerbiak
Sam Cassell
Stephon Marbury

:lmao :lmao

DPG21920
01-22-2010, 04:51 PM

Plenty. With regards to level of play and expiring contract, Manu>J-Ho. So the Spurs are on even ground there. Probably ahead.

Blair and Hill and Tiago (even though there is some uncertainty) are all nice pieces that can be added. Not to mention Mason is a nice piece at a good price, same with Bonner.

21_Blessings
01-22-2010, 04:55 PM
starting PG Smush Parker

Did they resign him though? Exactly. Dumass Pat Riley :lol

kwame brown

Traded for Pau Gasol :lol

adam morrison

Expiring contract dummy; which was attained by dumping a worse contract AND they got Shannon Brown :lol

brian cook
,etc,etc,etc

Trade for Ariza. :lol

Scola :rollin

baseline bum
01-22-2010, 07:07 PM

The Spurs have more than $20 million in expirings right now. I don't expect the team to make another Jefferson trade, as there's no way they can afford it, but the option is still there in theory at least.

Ghazi
01-22-2010, 08:49 PM
Martin, Butler, Iggy... I like all of these names and would be content with either one.

This just shows our FO is trying to get better contrary to what some ignorant fans spew over and over about the FO being indifferent or "liking the team".

DPG21920
01-22-2010, 08:50 PM
Just because they are trying does not mean it gets done. It will be interesting to see how this shapes up.

Ghazi
01-22-2010, 08:52 PM
I know, but at least the beloved FO is trying... and that's all you can ask for :).

Lars
01-22-2010, 09:24 PM
This is exactly what the Mavs need....an injury prone jump shooter.

badfish22
01-22-2010, 09:30 PM
THe kings are getting stomped right now, and both Marin and Evan are not playing well at all. THat backcourt just doesn't work imo

mavsfan1000
01-22-2010, 09:47 PM
Martin might not be great but he is better than Howard now. God Howard is like our worst player now. Close to Barea at least.

GuerillaBlack
01-22-2010, 09:51 PM
Lol, Kevin Martin.

Enjoy him and his 20+ missed games a year. Give me Iggy any day.

badfish22
01-22-2010, 09:56 PM
Lol, Kevin Martin.

Enjoy him and his 20+ missed games a year. Give me Iggy any day.

of course give me Iggy, but if hes not available Kevin Martin is 100x better than Josh.

Killakobe81
01-22-2010, 11:43 PM
I think it would be agreat trade for both teams Tonight it looked iuncomfortable plus Sac really move Tyreke to SG and find a selfless type PG ...not a John Wall type but a Rubio type to pair with him ...how about Kevin Martin and a first round pick plus cap filler to Twolves for Rubio? Flynn Martin Brewer Love and Al jeff not a bad start ...still need true center but ...
Martin was made for the triangle

monosylab1k
01-23-2010, 12:58 AM
This just shows our FO is trying to get better contrary to what some ignorant fans spew over and over about the FO being indifferent or "liking the team".

bullshit.

We could have had Davis/Kaman for Kidd. That is CONFIRMED.

We could have had Kobe for Dirk. That is CONFIRMED.

We could have had Artest or Gerald Wallace for J-Ho. That is CONFIRMED.

The only big move the Mavs have made in the last 4 years is Shawn Marion for our used horse manure. That was a NO BRAINER.

Face it, Mark Cuban is too in love with his players, and is far too much of a pussy to ever get rid of them in a trade. And Donnie Nelson is too much of a brown-nosing kiss ass faggot to ever go against Cuban.

No deal for J-Ho will get done this year. If one happens, I'll ban myself till 2012.

And with that, I'm back to being gone till 2011. Later faggots.

Allanon
01-23-2010, 01:03 AM
Mini-mart is a good scorer but he's soft as hell.

Add to that he always seems injured. Even when he's not injured you think he's injured. He makes Pau look like Schwarznager in comparison.