PDA

View Full Version : When do we start to rebuild? Will Timmy accept a paycut?

FalleNxWiZarDx
01-22-2010, 04:46 PM
Is Tony Parker going to be our franchise player?

Do you guys agree that Hill, Blair, Malik, IAN is our future ?

I honestly think we should give hill mroe touches

Hill and Blair, Pick n Roll ?

hater
01-22-2010, 04:48 PM
No, No, No, No... and what???

FalleNxWiZarDx
01-22-2010, 04:50 PM
No, No, No, No...

dang.... the future dosnt look good :/

superjames1992
01-22-2010, 04:50 PM
Probably not.

No. Hill and Blair could be good players if they stick around, but I don't think they're stars. Hairston has never shown me anything to prove that he's anything other than a bench warmer and Manhimi has had one good game in his career.

Pop knows what he's doing. Maybe Hill doesn't run the pick-and-roll well?

Obstructed_View
01-22-2010, 04:56 PM

Is there a series of trades between Cleveland and San Antonio planned that the rest of us don't know about?

timvp
01-22-2010, 05:01 PM
Duncan already took a paycut. Hill is and will very likely remain a role player. The rebuilding begins once Duncan hangs up the Adidas.

Dex
01-22-2010, 05:02 PM
The answer is 42.

doobs
01-22-2010, 05:02 PM
We start to rebuild somewhere around 2012. If Tim re-signs, his role will be like Kareem's was in the late 80s.

Parker will not be our franchise player---as we've seen this season, his speed is everything. So when he slows down at 30, his effectiveness will be hampered. I'm not sure SA will want him after 2011.

Hill looks promising. Blair does too, but his knees might limit his career longevity. They'll probably be cheap caretakers for this team as it rebuilds.

Ian is as good as gone.

Splitter is a big question mark. He could be the guy that comes in and, along with Blair, solidifies our frontcourt during Duncan's twilight years.

Basically, post-2012, I can see the Spurs looking like this: Hill, Blair, Splitter, Duncan, and some other crap. That team will be respectable and probably make the playoffs. Tank a season and get a stud, and that team might win the championship.

TDMVPDPOY
01-22-2010, 05:38 PM
isnt 2012 the end of the world? why bother

dbestpro
01-22-2010, 05:43 PM
The future is not here. The great Spur player of tomorrow is still playing junior high somewhere.

Mal
01-22-2010, 06:06 PM
The future is not here. The great Spur player of tomorrow is still playing junior high somewhere.

or Vitoria, Spain

vander
01-22-2010, 06:19 PM
if we don't win it all this year, or at least get REALLY close, I think we should move forward with basically just Hill and Blair, and TD for however long he wants to play. trade TP, Jefferson, McDyess for whatever young talent or picks we can get and either let Manu go or sign-and-trade him.

maybe try for Bosh or one of the big free agents

ESPN says Jefferson has an ETO, is this true? could he be traded and then have his new team "convince" him to opt out?

Sisk
01-22-2010, 06:24 PM

:downspin:

jimo2305
01-22-2010, 06:31 PM

or Vitoria, Spain

or will be conceived by me and this girl this saturday night :king

SPURSGOAT
01-22-2010, 07:15 PM
Ummm! we already have started the rebuilding process... Blair & Hill are the future...

SPURSGOAT
01-22-2010, 07:17 PM

so they say.... will see...:wakeup

spursncowboys
01-22-2010, 07:22 PM
Will Pop go for youth or keep trying to get cheap old players?

jimo2305
01-22-2010, 07:22 PM
the end of the world already happened when we lost to the dallas in 2009

cd98
01-22-2010, 08:48 PM
Tony Parker isn't a franchise player. Tim Duncan/David Robinson are franchise players. Ginoboli and Parker are good, even great players, but no one builds their franchises around those guys.

spurs1990
01-22-2010, 08:52 PM
I don't see Tim playing past 2012.

It'll be this seasons, and the next two, and Duncan is done.

2012-2013 will be fun to watch. Our roster will be as young as Memphis and OKC by that season.

angelbelow
01-22-2010, 08:53 PM
Ultimately I think he will, but not as happily as everyone would assume he will.

ezau
01-22-2010, 08:58 PM
I think Duncan can play and still be effective even if he's 38 years old. Parker, Manu, and Jefferson should go, but I still believe that Duncan will hang around long enough

Josepatches_
01-23-2010, 02:16 PM

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

vander
01-23-2010, 02:17 PM
the more I think about it, the more we need to trade Parker after this season.

the guy doesn't have any natural game, his greatness was his quickness and his relentless, reckless driving to the hoop. but there are plenty of guys in the league quicker than TP now, and he can be shut down. his jumper works for him in like 1 out every 5 games, his defense is average at best, and he doesn't see the court like a true PG.

TP's best days are already behind him, and Hill is starting PG material.

we should try to clear up enough cap space to go after some of those FA's, maybe Rudy Gay, Memphis seems like the type of team that wouldn't match

baseline bum
01-23-2010, 02:38 PM
George Hill is a fucking dime a dozen bench player. Tony Parker is an extremely efficient PG and matchup nightmare having an off season due to injury. The disrespect for Tony Parker on this forum is unreal. Half the retard forum wanted to replace him with Claxton for a while, then that same half thought Beno was a better point guard a couple years later, and now that same half has stars in their eyes with Hill.

vander
01-23-2010, 02:54 PM
keep Parker away from the rim = render Parker worthless

and it's getting easier and easier to keep him away from the rim, insane quickness doesn't last long, he's already slowed down some.

and George Hill's D is far from dime-a-dozen, PG's who can attack the basket with speed are a dime a dozen, many of them have solid jump shots too, I still don't trust TP's

temujin
01-23-2010, 02:58 PM
Tendinosis, sometimes called chronic tendinitis, tendinosus, chronic tendinopathy or chronic tendon injury, is damage to a tendon at a cellular level (the suffix "osis" implies a pathology of chronic degeneration without inflammation). It is thought to be caused by microtears in the connective tissue in and around the tendon, leading to an increase in tendon repair cells. This may lead to reduced tensile strength, thus increasing the chance of tendon rupture.

BackHome
01-23-2010, 03:03 PM
I still laugh when people say that Hill could take Parkers place...I like Hill don't get me wrong but he is not a starter in the NBA he is a decent role players thats it.

I do like Parker and would hate to see him go but if we could trade him for a star SF or Center then I would do it.

ersinert
01-23-2010, 03:44 PM
George Hill is a fucking dime a dozen bench player. Tony Parker is an extremely efficient PG and matchup nightmare having an off season due to injury. The disrespect for Tony Parker on this forum is unreal. Half the retard forum wanted to replace him with Claxton for a while, then that same half thought Beno was a better point guard a couple years later, and now that same half has stars in their eyes with Hill.

exactly, everyboody seems to forget what kind of a star, even a superstary maybe, he has been...

spurtech09
01-23-2010, 03:49 PM
um no......pop needs to stop playing small ball.....thats the problem

poop
01-23-2010, 08:53 PM
hill is actually very promising, on another team he could likely average 16-18 a game while playing great defense on the other end, same as blair who could easily be a 12-10 guy